• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think you guys are crazy. ST feels like a grind right now and needs a code update. If you don't like bashing Monger all the time on IM, set it so he only rises from the center shot. That's how they set it up in tourney play and it's much better.

This is a great idea. I don't have my IM yet but it sounds like a great idea. I imagine the center shot is somewhat like the bell shot in AcDc which takes some aim to make.

#60 9 years ago

ST reminds me somewhat of SM with the 3rd flipper and deep rules. The rules do need to be overhauled. I mean there is a lot of meat on the rules, but needs to be put together better. Hopefully they are working on this. Just the fact that so much is fleshed out on ST rules so far is promising to me, if they could make some side quests like SM has as well as (IMO) let the missions continue 1-2-3 deep rather than having to constantly hit the mode start to continue along, maybe have the mode start shot only if you want to change the mode. This one rule change IMO would do wonders for the ST game.

I will have both ST and IM and maybe Met (not sure) but you can't go wrong with either.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While IM and IMVE are the same game, it's the small things that make IMVE more enticing. One of which is a clear coated pf.

I wonder how many IM VE they made, it sure seems like a run away hit from the chatter here on Pinside.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Pretty sure he is talking about the Pro which doesn't have color changing LEDs. As for the GI being as bright, you are wrong.

Pro does have some color changing LEDs they are the mode arrows iirc

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

Well thanks for all the comments and banter. I decided to buy MET pro but got overruled(not family friendly). So I am getting ST pro. Hoping that new rule set will come out in the next 3-6 months!

From what I can tell, if you're looking for a game that's good for the family, probably ST overall since it's not as brutal. And most (almost all) casual players like kids or guests don't understand rules or stacking or whatnot just want to keep the ball in play and make ramps and loops and IMO the ST is probably better for that and IM probably better for the more seasoned players.

Met is not family friendly with curse words and also AcDc not family friendly but both are great games.

Currently, I'd give the nod to SM over ST but would hope the newer code on ST would close the gap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vault-edition-vs-star-trek?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.