• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course it was...but from the first few VE reports, it seems like the playfields/clearcoat is improved. When I had IM, the playfield had that slightly 'wood ribbed' look to it that Sterns used to have sometimes. I bought an extra extra-cleared playfield - and it still had that ribbed look. If these new playfields are all glassy smooth, that would be great!

I think you got a bum playfield...mine isn't "ribbed". The pics on the clear on IMVE do look sweet though. Wait til the dimples show and that glass look will be gone though.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The recent Stern dimpling - I'm convinced it's an issue of letting the clear have enough time to dry. I had a "glassy smooth" WOF & BDK and I swear, they didn't get dimples at all...or if they did, they were super minor. My STLE got a bunch when I first got it - but it never got worse than those first few....however I saw a STLE that was opened a few weeks before mine - that one was like a wavy piece of cheese. So - I wonder how long these IMVE playfields have cured. I might just keep mine in the box for a few more weeks after it arrives!

I think they all dimple the same, but some show worse than others. Solid colors really show them...my FGY especially does because of the lighter solid cartoony colors. I haven't noticed them on my SM or IM but I'm sure they're there.

Edit: if these IM vault playfields are from that same stack seen on the Churchill tour then they were JUST printed and cleared. Might be safe to let cure if they are the same ones seen on that tour.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, we can only speculate, I guess...but for instance my FGY got dimples when I first got it...but they never got worse...at some point it just stopped dimpling. Same with my STLE....but my friend's STLE looked like it had eczema after a few weeks. Maybe SOME dimpling is always inevitable ...but I think the level of dimpling has some dependency on cure time.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that they evened out over time and couldn't tell any more after years and years?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vault-edition-vs-star-trek?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.