• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ST reminds me somewhat of SM with the 3rd flipper and deep rules. The rules do need to be overhauled. I mean there is a lot of meat on the rules, but needs to be put together better. Hopefully they are working on this. Just the fact that so much is fleshed out on ST rules so far is promising to me, if they could make some side quests like SM has as well as (IMO) let the missions continue 1-2-3 deep rather than having to constantly hit the mode start to continue along, maybe have the mode start shot only if you want to change the mode. This one rule change IMO would do wonders for the ST game.
I will have both ST and IM and maybe Met (not sure) but you can't go wrong with either.

While IM and IMVE are the same game, it's the small things that make IMVE more enticing. One of which is a clear coated pf.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course it was...but from the first few VE reports, it seems like the playfields/clearcoat is improved. When I had IM, the playfield had that slightly 'wood ribbed' look to it that Sterns used to have sometimes. I bought an extra extra-cleared playfield - and it still had that ribbed look. If these new playfields are all glassy smooth, that would be great!

Yea, the originals were clear coated so I need to retract my statement, but not like they are nowadays. I owned 2 of sterns cost cutting games, BBH and IM, and both weren't even close to the quality of clear that goes into today's games.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I could see how people aren't very good players, and whose mpression of a game is influenced primarily by how "bright" a game is could feel this way.
Skilled players learn to work with the drains on the far superior, better flowing STTNG, but certainly ST is better for beginner players. [hint: don't miss, don't flail, and learn to control the ball, and the "monster drains" aren't much of an issue.]
What I don't understand is how someone who is that impressed by light shows and brightness would prefer the do-nothing Vengeance ship (IT SHAKES!!!!) to the borg ship, which actually shoots the ball at you in three dimensional fashion.
It just goes to show there's a game for everyone! That's why pinball is so fabulous.

It also would appear that ignorance of a rulesheet automatically means that the game is set up for novice players. But hey, it's pinball and that's what's so great is that ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately those people may miss out on how fun 5mil warp ramps are. Or how cool the story lines of going 3 deep into missions are. Or how cool the Klingon double jp is and it's call out. Or how difficult the Klingon super jp is to achieve. Or how awesome it is to hit a left orbit, warp, left orbit combo in destroy the drill. Or how fun the 3-way and 5-way combos are in Nero 1 and 2. Or how awesome the sound effects and call outs are in Klingon battle 3 and space jump 3. In any case, it's no secret that the level 1 missions are lacking in ST, so stop trying for kobayashi every game and maybe try focusing on other aspects of the pin that is enjoyable on the out of the box code. My 2 cents.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vault-edition-vs-star-trek?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.