• 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

They both are fun games but get old.

Iron Man, if you aren't playing competitively and are going instead for high scores, there's really only one way to play: Set up 2x scoring, set up do or die, and then try to get 2X Do or Die. That's the only way to do it. So you'll find yourself hitting "restart" all the time if you louse it up.

Star Trek - it's a fun game but again it's repetitive...getting all the modes the second time around is basically impossible, so once you've gotten Kobyashi Maru you are again just going for the same multiballs over and over again.

Metallica is the one I'd go for if I were in the market. There's more software coming for Star Trek so the book isn't closed on that one yet.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Sorry, it doesn't crush a Star Trek Premium.

Yeah cause a bunch of fancy lights, a few thousand dollars extra, and a kickback somehow make the game more interesting to play.

Metallica pro > Star Trek LE

But what the hell...STTNG is way better than any of these games and they are floating around for $3700 now. That'd be my choice.

#19 9 years ago

You like looking at games.

I like playing them.

STTNG is my favorite game to play. Of all time.

But of course it's all subjective.

#30 9 years ago

Looking forward to the software update.

Metallica I thought kind of sucked until the quantum leap they made, maybe Star Trek will make the same progress. It certainly has a way to go.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just came home from CAX, which is a FANTASTIC show btw, and am the proud owner of a sparkling new IMVE! I came with no intent to buy IMVE, or any pin for that matter, but just couldn't help myself. Pinball Refinery had just unboxed one to put on display and it was beyond beautiful. Best clearcoat I've seen on a Stern, beautiful insert leds, amazing printed metal cabinet art that has an irridescence to it, like reflective aluminum, molded toys instead of jointed action figure toys, and a great price to boot. Gio had 2 pimped out Mets in the lineup as well, which I coveted equally, but those were a lot more money. Dollar-for-dollar, I like a stock IMVE > stock Met Pro.

You don't say a single word about actual gameplay in recommending IMVE over Metallica.

#77 9 years ago

All my statements revolve around the Premium/LE.
Doubtful, but still lacking without the color changing LED's.

This guy cracks me up.

Dude, STTNG slays ST in every conceivable way.

You want bright?

Strap a couple Kleig stadium lights into a beater EM. You'll have the greatest, bestests, most awesomest BRIGHTEST pinball machine in history.

It'll make STLE look like it's powered by a 9-volt battery! Or a slug on a treadmill.

#81 9 years ago

I still can't make up my mind.

Which one is BRIGHTER!!!!!????

#83 9 years ago

Iron man IS shallow.

The only way to score big is to get 2X scoring and Do or Die combined. And there's only one way to do it.

#108 9 years ago

Well, the code's not finished on Stern's so that particular comparison (one I wasn't even making) is on hold.
The comparisons I was making involves the physical game itself. Stern's Star Trek is much faster, flows better, has a substantially better light show (LE/Premium), has a superior interactive toy (Vengeance vs. lame Lore Borg ship) and is less of a drain monster.

I could see how people aren't very good players, and whose mpression of a game is influenced primarily by how "bright" a game is could feel this way.

Skilled players learn to work with the drains on the far superior, better flowing STTNG, but certainly ST is better for beginner players. [hint: don't miss, don't flail, and learn to control the ball, and the "monster drains" aren't much of an issue.]

What I don't understand is how someone who is that impressed by light shows and brightness would prefer the do-nothing Vengeance ship (IT SHAKES!!!!) to the borg ship, which actually shoots the ball at you in three dimensional fashion.

It just goes to show there's a game for everyone! That's why pinball is so fabulous.

#114 9 years ago

I would just like to volunteer that FGY is the worst pinball abbreviation in history.

#117 9 years ago

I can't read FGY without thinking "Faggy!"

But then I'm a raging homophobe.

#141 9 years ago

Yeah cAptain Kirk seems confused.

Now think I know why he keeps saying "that argument doesn't make sense to me."

4 months later
#146 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Since the new code of Star Trek came out can this debate be rehashed. IMVE or ST Pro?

The code changes are not major - some depth details yes but as far as I can tell fairly similar. I don't think anyone's opinions in this thread would be much different.

And yes, while it's nice to have some original speech in the game finally, it's kind of weird that Bones has suddenly taken such a hands-on role on the bridge of the Enterprise. I don't remember him being so enthusiastically involved in every aspect of engineering, manuevering, and everything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vault-edition-vs-star-trek?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.