8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL,
This thread should be titled "Stern did not do what I wanted them to do and am I mad".
Stern is a business first and foremost. They are not the evil empire looking to steal peoples hard earned money. They are a design and manufacturing company. That means they need to keep the assembly line rolling to keep up the monthly revenue to cover costs like insurance, debt, electricity,salaries,taxes,sewer,water,etc. All the stuff that needs to be covered that is not associated with BOM on machines. Remember, it was not that long ago they moved into the new factory, designed to increase their output/revenue. In the last 18 months, how many new titles have they put out ( JP, DP,Munsters, ST, etc)? In the case of the SW Comic VE , I just bought one. My money was looking for a SW Prem/LE prior to the SW Comic announcement. So instead of my money going to the secondary market it went towards a comic. Very smart on Stern's part and a really beautiful game. GOT Prem VE was announced along with GOT new code that no one anticipated. Helped the sale of those machines I am sure.
It is more likely , due to holes that show up in the assembly process due to the timing of new title development /assembly, they have a business strategy to insert certain VE's in the assembly line. Most likely the selection of the VE is determined by the difficulty of production along with the length of the expected gap in the new title assembly process. The whole idea here being they do not want the assembly process sitting idle between new titles. As any good company they have probably played out this plan over a five year period so as to show to their board/investors/bankers.
The newer Stern games are really cool. Elvira, DP, GOTG,JP, Munsters are beautiful games that have a lot going for them. I for one want Stern to keep going and produce new titles so the VE strategy to keep up revenue works for me. Who knows they may introduce some new code for IM to help sales that helps us all.

You didn't say one thing about, Playfield QC.... That's what most want. Then we can get back to Buy Buy Buy.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would have been better to vault AC/DC with a brand new Zombie Yeti art package.
Could look sweet next to MET!

Now an AC/DC vault I would be more likely to purchase.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?tu=spiderpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.