8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What? Do you NOT think it's ridiculous that they're re-running this yet again? There's other games out there. LOTR, TSPP, Tron, WPT...I'd honestly rather see a Wheel of Fortune vault with completed Lonnie code than IM Vault-reVault.
It's revaulting.

Yep I’d take vault editions of LOTR & TSPP. I’m also a TRON LE owner who would love to see a Tron VE for all those out there who want one but don’t want to pay the silly prices.

At this rate we could see an Avatar VE...

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apparently it’s just minor polish.
This game will cost nothing for Stern to make. Cheap and easy production line filler with no extra work for management- probably at the end of the last VE license renewal. Solid reputation, will sell just enough to dealers until the next title.

H2H podcast Lyman mentions adding high score tables and adding various other tweaks and fixes. Ironman doesn’t really need much it’s close to perfect and balanced as is but it could do with the following, which could also help boost sales.

• An actual skill shot/super skill shot
• High score tables for each mode
• Combos! Combo doubt & combo champ
• Balance DOD multiball, it still needs to be hard to achieve but currently it’s all but impossible unless your top 5 in the world, even Valinor isn’t that difficult.
• Earnable extra ball..

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

That and an actual extra ball shot rather than just randomly lit.

Knew I forgot something!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Totally agree with this... and maybe better animations for some of the wizard modes?...Jeriko mode is great though!

While I would love some more animations or clips from the movies, I doubt Stern have paid for those kind of rights for this Vault.

I guess their license deals allow them assists at the time to use in their code indefinitely but I can’t see Stern paying to add more.

Now if Stern had paid to add an LCD and actual movie clip, I’d probably have bit and brought one and sold my original.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

They should have fixed the flipper gap (and adjusted the slings and lanes accordingly) and released a GBVE.
Minimal effort, maximum return.

That’s actually not a bad idea, I’d be interested in a well design GB, but the biggest issue is playfield quality on any new Stern, it’s why if I was ultimately in the market for an Ironman I’d go for an original or first time VE.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

would tempted if the price is right and I am still lucky to have an original NOS IM playfield from 2010
now the interesting thing will be what the 2nd version VE will be: new or old boardsets, added a lcd, new artwork, updated code to justify the new price of $6099 USD MSRP.
previous releases were:
June / 2014 / Iron Man VE / Pro / $5495
April / 2010 / Iron Man / Pro / $4799

From the info released Swinks this VE will be the same as the last, so SAM boardset, dmd, same artwork/foil cab decals. But there is a rumour Lyman has been working on the code for a while.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to throw some anti-sway target brackets on those whiplash targets. $10 for 2 and they'll never lean like they are in that picture again.

Which ones do you recommend vic? Are you producing your own?

#220 4 years ago

How about an official Ironman topper Stern?

1 week later
#271 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might be the last chance to license Iron Man with these actors before Marvel moves onto its next phase or whatever. That's probably how we ended up with Spider-Man vault. Speaking of, who wouldn't love comic book Iron Man with an updated Monger magnet?

I’ll be amazed if we don’t see another Spider-Man Vault based off Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the MCU.

Upgraded monger magnet? How would you upgrade it? Mines insane!!

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

You know when I saw the title of this thread again, it made me think.
Iron man movie again? I mean is something new in the works?
That would then fully make sense to me to move more units in the wake of publicity.
I would like to see another solo iron man movie. Kick it up a notch or three.

Ironman/RDJ are still marvels most bankable character, Endgame reinforced his popularity 10 fold.

#297 4 years ago

Anyone in the know, heard anything about it/when code might drop from Lyman for Ironman? Has this latest run hit the line yet?

2 weeks later
#346 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

- Red LED low voltage DMD
- yes metallic, foil type decals like that of previous IM VE
- only difference I see and not sure if it’s on all models of this release to distinguish a difference between the runs, or just mine, oddly my Mark III insert is blue...unlike the rest.

Could you post pic of that insert that’s weird they should all be white.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Last time I saw stern do a .01 increment of an update it was only bug fixes and was for CSI a few years ago to fix it for tournament play

Without getting expectations up, it is Lyman who is rumoured to be doing the code update, he’s dropped decent updates for games in the past with a 0.01 increments.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone have any update on the code matter? When is the next Stern or the Union? Thanks!

epthegeek mentioned Lyman has had an Ironman on loan for the last year, so he’s either just been enjoying the game or some of that times been working over the code.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Right, I just figured the new code would drop with the VE to help create some community buzz and excitement for the title. That said, I also worry Stern couldn’t get the new code approved by the IP holder and maybe it goes the way of the voices from TWD (ie we never see it).

Would it need to go through the IP holder (Disney/Marvel) if the only changes are game code? If there’s no change to audio/video then is there anything that needs approval?

I’d assume the code is Sterns as they host it on their site and I guess they have already paid for the audio/video used in the code, maybe there’s more in the code and that could be added, but would that then need approval if that audio/video has already been approved for use during the initial deal?

#375 4 years ago

Anyone able to recommend a red for poweder coating Ironman? It’s hot rod red and gold in the movies, has anyone gone that route?

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I used the same 'basic' red as the VE backbox trim, but an original would probably look better with the deeper crimson candied styles like these (courtesy of todler who also has an original):
Pinball Refinery use Illusion Cherry (https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors?q=illusion)
Mine also has gold mirror blades.
More useful info over on Pinball Info here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/powder-coating-safe.41450/page-4
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Paul, that illusion cherry looks almost spot on to the film colour.

1 week later
#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

There's no sound for the Whiplash super jackpot (multiball completed), also music and speech ajustments doesn't work in the menu. Add combos will be nice and a real skillshot
It will be fine for me

Is there a space to add the sound fx for Whiplash SJP? Or is there no slot allocated for it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.