8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago

Totally just a filler to keep the line going. I wonder if it comes with an authentic 2015/16 playfield too, or one of the cruddy new ones?

I have to say though that IMVE with a color DMD looks great. Colors on the display tie into the ones on the speaker panel. Real purty.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to go against the flow and say this is a smart move on Stern's part. The fixed costs (R&D) for making this game have already been paid so they are only paying the variable costs (parts + labor) on this one. I am guessing the line is open with a few duds released in a row, and that parts are not available to make in demand games (Jurassic Park Premium) so they have to keep the line running somehow. If you have to fill the line for a few weeks, why not use something that is a sure bet? Even if Stern has a hard time selling these, there is a huge markup on these compared to new games. I'm sure there are lots of people that want an Ironman that only shop for new games. I am willing to bet the majority of Stern buyers are not pinside people, and that the market would absolutely support 200 more Iron Mans, or any other late model Stern. These vaults are a great idea (for Stern) and will help keep the lights on until us pinball nuts can get a Turtles.
Yes Stern could absolutely make a LOTR or Tron vault and they'd be hugely popular with pinball nuts... which is not the majority of the marketplace. I too am hoping for a LOTR, Tron, or TSPP vault someday but can totally see why Stern would go after the low hanging fruit first.

Yep. Marvel will always sell to someone, eventually. Hopefully we get a code update out of it.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't wait for stern to vault tron and then everyone will complain how much it is.

And it would be. Just find a nice modded pro and live your Tron dreams people. I did, no regrets.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They'll do something with it sooner or later. I'm not really sure you can call it a dead property when people are speedrunning Tron: Evolution for PS3 at AGDQ. There's fans out there, we just don't have a whole lot to be vocal about at the moment.

Disney needs to keep their fledgling Disney+ streaming service filled with content so I fully expect a new Tron series exclusive to that, probably not live action though but who knows. In any case, Tron is a B or C property for Disney at this point, appeals to an audience but nothing a Star Wars or Marvel.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.