8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BoJo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

With all those new machines flooding the market its a safe bet to say Iron man prices are gonna drop below 4.5k for a used one

How many do you think they are making that will flood the market? Says it's a limited run and at this new price point I can't imagine people are lining up to send them money with their recent quality issues. If I was in the market I would look for a nice used one before shelling out $5600 for a NIB where you have no idea if your PF will chip or crater.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Remember when star wars comic came out and people said why buy a new one when you could get a used for so much less? Same scenario. Pinside might buy used over new but most people would rather take new over used

I don't consider that the same scenario when they completely changed the art on SW. This VE is the same as the last IM VE they made. And new now is not the same as new in the past with all the quality issues at Stern. I always preferred NIB and in the past purchased a good number of machines. However I stopped due to all their quality issues and I'll let someone else take the gamble.

2 weeks later
#267 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When it comes to BOM cost there is a lot of guess work, but I can’t imagine IM has a lower BOM than Tron.

Licensing is the other huge factor. Both might cost roughly the same in parts to build but we'll never know how much the rights are for IM vs Tron.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Both Disney properties and IM is clearly the more popular in the mainstream. I'd guess it costs more to license.

Guess all you want but the reality is will we never know. Just cause something is more popular or mainstream doesn't mean it cost more to license. Stern is so cheap I think it might be the opposite or we would have seen TronVE instead. Iron man is dead now so maybe they want to cash in while they can. Tron it getting an attraction built at Disney so they at least still consider it relevant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BoJo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?tu=BoJo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.