8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

Just saw this on Instagram announced by Game Exchange. Looks like this is the 2020 VE VE.

9FE3A5AD-5EB5-4EB1-BE3B-940E0E122B59 (resized).jpeg9FE3A5AD-5EB5-4EB1-BE3B-940E0E122B59 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

You're f----ing kidding me.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're f----ing kidding me.

#4 4 years ago

What? Do you NOT think it's ridiculous that they're re-running this yet again? There's other games out there. LOTR, TSPP, Tron, WPT...I'd honestly rather see a Wheel of Fortune vault with completed Lonnie code than IM Vault-reVault.

It's revaulting.

#5 4 years ago

I hear ya. I’d much rather see a LOTR or Tron VE.

#6 4 years ago

I like the title.. Made me laugh

I thought it was odd too

#7 4 years ago

With all those new machines flooding the market its a safe bet to say Iron man prices are gonna drop below 4.5k for a used one

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I like the title.. Made me laugh
I thought it was odd too

Every time I see a vault release that is not TRON...

confused-jackie-chan-1024x686 (resized).jpgconfused-jackie-chan-1024x686 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Every time I see a vault release that is not TRON...[quoted image]

Gotta be license right? I gave up and bought a used tron pro for my house. Its like washing your car.. it should make it rain Trons. =( It didnt. Sorry guys I tried

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

With all those new machines flooding the market its a safe bet to say Iron man prices are gonna drop below 4.5k for a used one

How many do you think they are making that will flood the market? Says it's a limited run and at this new price point I can't imagine people are lining up to send them money with their recent quality issues. If I was in the market I would look for a nice used one before shelling out $5600 for a NIB where you have no idea if your PF will chip or crater.

#11 4 years ago

I am also waiting for Tron and LOTR, but maybe this IM re-re vault isn't intended to be this year's "big" VE title.

Perhaps Stern is still sitting on a substantial IM parts inventory (at the very least, the development costs to make more were paid off long ago) and sees this as a cheap way to keep the lines going and maintain stable sales volume during the post-holiday/pre-tax refund period where (I presume) fewer games tend to be sold overall.

#12 4 years ago

Yea its stupid but I also assume IM does pretty well on route? It's an ass kicker. I assume it runs well aside from the iron monger balls getting stuck.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What? Do you NOT think it's ridiculous that they're re-running this yet again? There's other games out there. LOTR, TSPP, Tron, WPT...I'd honestly rather see a Wheel of Fortune vault with completed Lonnie code than IM Vault-reVault.
It's revaulting.

Yep I’d take vault editions of LOTR & TSPP. I’m also a TRON LE owner who would love to see a Tron VE for all those out there who want one but don’t want to pay the silly prices.

At this rate we could see an Avatar VE...

#14 4 years ago

I would honestly LOVE a wheel of fortune vault...

#15 4 years ago

Great game, I wonder how much it'll cost?

#16 4 years ago

Weird choice. These come up for sale constantly...with good coil stops and no clear coat issues.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At this rate we could see an Avatar VE...

I'd actually like that. I think it's a very underrated game, with an easy to understand layout. Plus, the callouts are just great.

Who the hell doesn't love AHHHHHMP SOOOOOOOT MULTIBAWL!

#18 4 years ago

Keep 'em coming! Flood the market. Make it so cheap everyone has an Iron Man!

#19 4 years ago

The last time the vault came out of iron man it was like 2014-2015, there's no way they have been sitting on iron man parts for 5 years. This is definitely a sign of bad stranger things sales. 1st wave vault series IM are now flooding the marketplace for 4800-5000 why would anyone want to pay 5700 for a new one with inferior playfield?

#20 4 years ago

What was the price for the last Iron Man VE?
-Mike

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

$4600/4700 (shipped).

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

MSRP was 5495.00 so realistically less than 5K

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$4600/4700 (shipped)

Those were the days

#24 4 years ago

Great game! Everyone needs to have it handed to them and learn to hate it. That is why I bought it because I hated it and was determined to destroy it. It still keeps me coming back since 2011.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

I think it was $5100-$5300 shipped?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Weird choice. These come up for sale constantly...with good coil stops and no clear coat issues.

You underestimate the NIBNEWBS. Lots of new collectors refuse to buy used.

Quoted from Goronic:

Every time I see a vault release that is not TRON...

Tron is a niche theme. Everyone loves Iron Man...it’s ultra mainstream, and people love him even more since Avengers Endgame. Easy sell to NIBNEWBS.

Theme theme theme.

#26 4 years ago

I own it and love it but is there really a defeceit of these in the marketplace, they're at every show I've been to for sale either vault or pro edition. Why couldn't Stern listen to to potential customers begging for other titles to be released in a vault edition?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think it was $5100-$5300 shipped?

$4850 shipped for me in 2015.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just saw this on Instagram announced by Game Exchange. Looks like this is the 2020 VE VE.[quoted image]

You're a day late. It was met with a yawn and disbelief in the Next Stern Pin yesterday. The least amount of hype on any pin announcement in recent memory.

#29 4 years ago

I've been pondering this one and the only explanation is it kills on route. Awesome theme, great gameplay, low maintenance.

Tron won't be remade because it's a niche nerdcore theme vs other Disney properties like iron man.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How many do you think they are making that will flood the market? Says it's a limited run and at this new price point I can't imagine people are lining up to send them money with their recent quality issues. If I was in the market I would look for a nice used one before shelling out $5600 for a NIB where you have no idea if your PF will chip or crater.

Original run Iron Mans had playfield registration problems on a pretty fair amount of them that made them blurry. Initial IM vaults have the nicer-looking speaker panels, so that's probably the one to look for used.

#31 4 years ago

Iron Man: Yellow Brick Road edition!!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Those were the days

I got Tron Pro and IM Vault for $9400 (same as an Elvira LE)

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I've been pondering this one and the only explanation is it kills on route. Awesome theme, great gameplay, low maintenance.
Tron won't be remade because it's a niche nerdcore theme vs other Disney properties like iron man.

Didn't earn when we had it out. Bottom of the pack earner. Too abusive for the casuals.

Here's what the conversation went like (I posted in the Next Stern Pin when this was announced yesterday):

Line manager: These Stranger Things sales are not performing as expected. The line will be short before TMNT is announced.

Gary Stern: What do we have enough parts laying around to make as a vault to plug the hole?

Line manager: Well, WWE and Iron Man...

Gary Stern: WWE? Are you kidding me? Stop bringing that up. Even I can't sell that crappy box of lights. We'll do another Iron Man vault. Get it done!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I got Tron Pro and IM Vault for $9400 (same as an Elvira LE)

ACDC Pro $4400 shipped in 2013
Tron was $5000 shipped in 2012, and I overpaid big time!

#35 4 years ago

Totally just a filler to keep the line going. I wonder if it comes with an authentic 2015/16 playfield too, or one of the cruddy new ones?

I have to say though that IMVE with a color DMD looks great. Colors on the display tie into the ones on the speaker panel. Real purty.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's revaulting.

I 100 percent agree !! I was saying the same with banging my head on the wall ... take a break making pins for a few months and work on issues or new codes or something they are grasping at straws lol

#37 4 years ago

Why not? If gives those who want one a way to get a new one.

I own the IMVE bought new years ago and plan to keep. Great game.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

I 100 percent agree !! I was saying the same with banging my head on the wall ... take a break making pins for a few months and work on issues or new codes or something they are grasping at straws lol

Stern is a pinball manufacturer, if they stop manufacturing pinball machines they stop being a company.

#39 4 years ago

Like as Stern made SW comic edition. Way cheaper than designing a whole new pin. They could make 600 SW pins (or some number) and people will buy them. I know quite a few people here just picked up SW comic. Those sales could have gone to secondary market but instead went to Stern.

Think of how long it takes another company to sell 500 pins and Stern did it with SW like it was no big deal.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Remember when star wars comic came out and people said why buy a new one when you could get a used for so much less? Same scenario. Pinside might buy used over new but most people would rather take new over used

#41 4 years ago

Man I picked up my used original IM just BEFORE Stern made the announcement of the vault.
That really sucked since what I paid for it. $$$ You never know what they are going to do.

#42 4 years ago

Stern should just put JP2 Premiums on all lines right now; demand seems to be there. We just sould our IMVE a couple weeks ago, had no idea another run was coming. And yea, it had a glossy, no pooling playfield, good coil stops and no dimples. New ones won't be as nice I bet.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Remember when star wars comic came out and people said why buy a new one when you could get a used for so much less? Same scenario. Pinside might buy used over new but most people would rather take new over used

I don't consider that the same scenario when they completely changed the art on SW. This VE is the same as the last IM VE they made. And new now is not the same as new in the past with all the quality issues at Stern. I always preferred NIB and in the past purchased a good number of machines. However I stopped due to all their quality issues and I'll let someone else take the gamble.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just saw this on Instagram announced by Game Exchange. Looks like this is the 2020 VE VE.[quoted image]

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

#45 4 years ago

So what do you call a vault edition of a vault edition? This is a snore. If they want to phone it in this bad they could at least vault game of thrones with new art or ghostbusters

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern should just put JP2 Premiums on all lines right now; demand seems to be there.

Damn right. I have a JP2 on order (for a month now) and still a month, plus, out till it is supposed to be ready

#47 4 years ago

Crazy.. especially bc they are gonna be 5700 . Last run they were 1k cheaper. Obviously everything has went up but older titles like this sld be cheaper ..at least you wld think so? You can get a modded huo one under 5k pretty easily so not sure this makes much sense.

#48 4 years ago

Yeah i don't think this will sell more than a few hundred or so

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't earn when we had it out. Bottom of the pack earner. Too abusive for the casuals.

Your sample size of one isn't indicative of all pinball. Mine is the opposite. One of my top earners.

#50 4 years ago

Is this confirming that stranger things is a complete dud for sales?

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.