8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago

A code update could only make Iron Man more awesome

Adding loop count or combos be cool, just to add a cherry to the sundae

Not picky I think it’s amazing game that I don’t foresee letting go - from my collection anyways

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Semi-useful response from Stern support on 1.84:
———
I will send a message to engineering and ask. We should have an update on our website soon that will explain in the readme file.
———
Will update further if hear back.

Keep us in the loop. Anyone know how big this run is? My guess is it’s likely under 300.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If it was an extensive rules update, I would expect it to be named something like 1.9v or 2.0v from the last 1.83v code. 1.84v doesn't sound like much based on their previous code releases.
People are playing the new release right now. They should be able to tell if features or rule changes have been added in 1.84v.

Skill shot would be the biggest addition to look for.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Didn't know that they redeveloped walking dead for SPIKE2. I was only aware of SAM TWD. I figured the toolchain / language / framework for a 20 year old system vs a 2 year old one would be completely different. Refactoring to a completely foreign system is likely non-trivial, but true, they don't need to think through the what it is supposed to be doing part of the ruleset anymore.

They didn't really... what the reference to was TWD was used in development of Spike. TWD was shown at shows to demo the new boardset. So while they did do porting of existing application code for that game.. it wasn't done for commercial reasons.

The modern games are developed like you would expect modern software to be.. an OS, a platform that provides base functionalities, and application code. There should be a reasonable hardware abstraction provided by the platform/base level so that re-use value would be high and to streamline game code development.

#355 4 years ago

Last time I saw stern do a .01 increment of an update it was only bug fixes and was for CSI a few years ago to fix it for tournament play

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They didn't really... what the reference to was TWD was used in development of Spike. TWD was shown at shows to demo the new boardset. So while they did do porting of existing application code for that game.. it wasn't done for commercial reasons.
The modern games are developed like you would expect modern software to be.. an OS, a platform that provides base functionalities, and application code. There should be a reasonable hardware abstraction provided by the platform/base level so that re-use value would be high and to streamline game code development.

Seems reasonable that they have something like MPF for themselves.

Still need to redo the video assets since you switch from DMD to LCD unless they just rerender the output to make it look the same on an LCD like a DMD.

Either way, I figure there is some prohibitive cost involved that we're not thinking off, otherwise like somebody mentioned, they would have already done it, since that is pretty much the first thought that everybody comes up with.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Last time I saw stern do a .01 increment of an update it was only bug fixes and was for CSI a few years ago to fix it for tournament play

Without getting expectations up, it is Lyman who is rumoured to be doing the code update, he’s dropped decent updates for games in the past with a 0.01 increments.

#358 4 years ago

Spiderman had a code version 2.61 that changes some very minor from 2.6

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Without getting expectations up, it is Lyman who is rumoured to be doing the code update, he’s dropped decent updates for games in the past with a 0.01 increments.

True! Look at the Elvira updates

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Seems reasonable that they have something like MPF for themselves.
Still need to redo the video assets since you switch from DMD to LCD unless they just rerender the output to make it look the same on an LCD like a DMD.
Either way, I figure there is some prohibitive cost involved that we're not thinking off, otherwise like somebody mentioned, they would have already done it, since that is pretty much the first thought that everybody comes up with.

Or simply have spike drive a 12v LED DMD display... and re-use all the existing assets

DMD driver should be done due to wrestlemania still used a DMD and not large LCD

#361 4 years ago

curious if this rerun will have service pegs vs rails?

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

curious if this rerun will have service pegs vs rails?

Just got mine a few days ago and it has the pegs unfortunately.

#363 4 years ago

Pinhead86, do you see any differences with the actual 1.84 code?

#364 4 years ago

@pinhead86

Your SYS. version is also different from my IM-VE (1.67 vs 1.93.1), naming has reverted (IRON MAN 2 (VE) vs IRON MAN 2) and they added an extra decimal to the release (1.83 vs 1.84.0)
IMG_7256 (resized).JPGIMG_7256 (resized).JPG0d9300073f9459d8bae8c17bf39622f47e1eb62d (resized).jpg0d9300073f9459d8bae8c17bf39622f47e1eb62d (resized).jpgIMG_7254 (resized).JPGIMG_7254 (resized).JPG

#365 4 years ago

Note: after turning the machine on to take that photo I naturally had to have a quick game. Managed to get Do or Die (single ball)! Only 28million (best is 128m I think) but still happy.

Here’s hopeful that they turn this game up from 10 to 11 in the near future, making it 1 louder.

#366 4 years ago

Anyone have any update on the code matter? When is the next Stern or the Union? Thanks!

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone have any update on the code matter? When is the next Stern or the Union? Thanks!

epthegeek mentioned Lyman has had an Ironman on loan for the last year, so he’s either just been enjoying the game or some of that times been working over the code.

#368 4 years ago

Just thinking how much spare stern had laying around to make these or did they go from scratch? Namely playfields. They do keep a stock of past games. Would much prefer the rerelease doesn't have a new batch pf but I'm probably dreaming. Hoping anyway the current pf issues have been sorted.

I've owned IM before and miss it... so I'm happy to get a nib of this great game... it was this or stranger things and after playing ST and putting some good time on it I'm realising how much better some of these older games are. Pitty about the screen though.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just thinking how much spare stern had laying around to make these or did they go from scratch? Namely playfields. They do keep a stock of past games. Would much prefer the rerelease doesn't have a new batch pf but I'm probably dreaming. Hoping anyway the current pf issues have been sorted.
I've owned IM before and miss it... so I'm happy to get a nib of this great game... it was this or stranger things and after playing ST and putting some good time on it I'm realising how much better some of these older games are. Pitty about the screen though.

There are HUO IM's with mods and the better m, older playfields you can buy even right now for 800-1k less then these NIB games. Why not just get one of those?

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

There are HUO IM's with mods and the better m, older playfields you can buy even right now for 800-1k less then these NIB games. Why not just get one of those?

Where im at they are a little harder to get

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

epthegeek mentioned Lyman has had an Ironman on loan for the last year, so he’s either just been enjoying the game or some of that times been working over the code.

Right, I just figured the new code would drop with the VE to help create some community buzz and excitement for the title. That said, I also worry Stern couldn’t get the new code approved by the IP holder and maybe it goes the way of the voices from TWD (ie we never see it).

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Right, I just figured the new code would drop with the VE to help create some community buzz and excitement for the title. That said, I also worry Stern couldn’t get the new code approved by the IP holder and maybe it goes the way of the voices from TWD (ie we never see it).

Would it need to go through the IP holder (Disney/Marvel) if the only changes are game code? If there’s no change to audio/video then is there anything that needs approval?

I’d assume the code is Sterns as they host it on their site and I guess they have already paid for the audio/video used in the code, maybe there’s more in the code and that could be added, but would that then need approval if that audio/video has already been approved for use during the initial deal?

#373 4 years ago

It sounded like a Lyman personal mission to dial it up to 11 above any re-VE hype requirements.

Be nice if the machine loaner in this case would join the conversation as there could be nothing to it. Save us gossiping.

#374 4 years ago

Be nice if the machine loaner in this case would join the conversation as there could be nothing to it. Save us gossiping.

I’m sure he has an agreement not to speak on the matter, which is totally understandable.

#375 4 years ago

Anyone able to recommend a red for poweder coating Ironman? It’s hot rod red and gold in the movies, has anyone gone that route?

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone able to recommend a red for poweder coating Ironman? It’s hot rod red and gold in the movies, has anyone gone that route?

I used the same 'basic' red as the VE backbox trim, but an original would probably look better with the deeper crimson candied styles like these (courtesy of todler who also has an original):

Pinball Refinery use Illusion Cherry (https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors?q=illusion)

Mine also has gold mirror blades.

More useful info over on Pinball Info here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/powder-coating-safe.41450/page-4

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#377 4 years ago

I used the same 'basic' red as the VE backbox trim, but an original would probably look better with the deeper crimson candied styles like these (courtesy of todler who also has an original):
Pinball Refinery use Illusion Cherry (https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors?q=illusion)
Mine also has gold mirror blades.
More useful info over on Pinball Info here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/powder-coating-safe.41450/page-4
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Paul, that illusion cherry looks almost spot on to the film colour.

#378 4 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest any possible code update for Iron Man, even if it does exist, might not be forthcoming in the near future.

Just got this feeling...

So i'll have to simply keep enjoying it now and check again later.

#379 4 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest any possible code update for Iron Man, even if it does exist, might not be forthcoming in the near future.
Just got this feeling...
So i'll have to simply keep enjoying it now and check again later.

Idk, with the line down, this is the perfect time for software to be worked on as that can be done from home....

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk, with the line down, this is the perfect time for software to be worked on as that can be done from home....

Has anyone confirm LS still have a loaner IM in his possession ?

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Has anyone confirm LS still have a loaner IM in his possession ?

they should of just converted it to TPA and then can test via a tablet hahah

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Indeed. The coding team can work easier from home than anyone.

#383 4 years ago

I was one of the true believers back in 2010 and bought IM when everyone was complaining about how empty the playfield looked. I played one game at Allentown with my three kids and all four of us turned to each other and said, "We gotta have this one." Been in the family game room ever since and we still love it. New code would be awesome but I like it the way it is too. Fast and brutal. Always a challenge.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

I was one of the true believers back in 2010 and bought IM when everyone was complaining about how empty the playfield looked. I played one game at Allentown with my three kids and all four of us turned to each other and said, "We gotta have this one." Been in the family game room ever since and we still love it. New code would be awesome but I like it the way it is too. Fast and brutal. Always a challenge.

of course, and we all agree that
in IM case, "new code" doesn't mean big changes, but only few little touches would make it even better

#385 4 years ago

There's no sound for the Whiplash super jackpot (multiball completed), also music and speech ajustments doesn't work in the menu. Add combos will be nice and a real skillshot
It will be fine for me

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

There's no sound for the Whiplash super jackpot (multiball completed), also music and speech ajustments doesn't work in the menu. Add combos will be nice and a real skillshot
It will be fine for me

Is there a space to add the sound fx for Whiplash SJP? Or is there no slot allocated for it?

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

It will be fine for me

I’d like the number of drones you need to collect to be adjustable in the menu as well.

What id really like is to be able to add the Iron Man song to the game somehow. Obviously that wouldn’t be a stern update...anyone have an improved sound package ala Tron or TWD?

#388 4 years ago

I already checked and there's no sound at all when you hit the last shot for the sjp. I would like to change with pinball browser but with no sound it's impossible.

#389 4 years ago

I made Custom code for Tron, TWD and IM. I put Iron Man / Black Sabbath at the end of the game, and changes some sounds. I will put my codes for download soon. I finished recently the one for Tron and i'm really satisfied of my code.

1 week later
#390 3 years ago

i could offer a stainless steel panel for the classic and vault edition

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 20.47.38 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2020-04-09 um 20.47.38 (resized).png
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased/page/8?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.