8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 4 years ago

Waiting for the price drop on the used ones... anyone want to trade me one?

#252 4 years ago

Nope. Cedar Point!

#253 4 years ago

Anticipating my NIB 2014/15 Vault delivery

9A8E6C37-A090-497F-A597-9BD9F2E778A4 (resized).jpeg9A8E6C37-A090-497F-A597-9BD9F2E778A4 (resized).jpeg
#254 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sweet! Universal Studios and Disney for you, Magic Mountain for me. All good.

The Fury is an insane rollercoaster. That "325" in the name is the drop. If you lined up and connected, every rollercoaster at DisneyWorld I don't think you would equal the Fury.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Millennium Force

One of my favorites ever.

Top thrill dragster is incredible too. Not much to look at, but incredible.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Waiting for the price drop on the used ones... anyone want to trade me one?

Why would they drop? 1-1.3k less for a HUO used one with upgrades and a superior playfield? Would be dumb to buy NIB if a nice used one is available.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That Tron ride looks great but nothing to get too excited about. No inversions, just a bunch of visual effects and speed. It should be more thrilling.

I rode Tron in Shanghai last year. Better then you think and doesn't need any inversions to make it intense.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't wait for stern to vault tron and then everyone will complain how much it is.

Or how crappy the playfield is compared to the originals. I have an early run, well modded pro and don't see any playfield dimpling or other issues. What Stern game in the past 3-4 years can we say that about?

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They added the lightcycle run to Shanghai Disney in 2016 and it's been a big hit, so they're copying it for Florida. It doesn't mean they're intending to revive the brand.

I can tell you guys that I had little interest in acquiring the Tron pin until I rode the coaster in Shanghai last April.

The ride and environment was really cool and is mainly what sparked my interest in the pin. I added Tron to my collection last fall.

#260 4 years ago

Won’t lie - I’m itching to see if we get a new code update from @sir_tankalot!

Quite happy with it as it is, but a fresh code polish can breathe new life into a relatively older game.

I bought Met Premium partly because of this dedication to code polish and improvement.

1 week later
#261 4 years ago

Accidentally posted this in the other thread (sorry for repeat post)

Reading this made me realize I’ve had my original version for almost 10 years. Love this game.

In the rules department, I’d like to see :

Earnable extra ball (it is in competition mode BTW, but usually set for points)

Progressive monger jackpots increasing beyond 3 MIL

Triple stack of war machine, monger, whiplash

Bring back Jericho multiball stack (main reason I won’t upgrade from 1.4)

Bring back 50 MIL DoD

Ability to stack war machine after starting whiplash

Skill shots (Lots of options here)

Reduce drone requirement for DoDmb from 4 to 3

Earnable outlane ball save

Thanks for reading

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Great list. I’d like to see combos added as well.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron is a niche theme. Everyone loves Iron Man...it’s ultra mainstream, and people love him even more since Avengers Endgame. Easy sell to NIBNEWBS.
Theme theme theme.

Maybe, but I also think it's a cheap BOM and no R&D whatsoever (they've already vaulted IM).

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe, but I also think it's a cheap BOM and no R&D whatsoever (they've already vaulted IM).

When it comes to BOM cost there is a lot of guess work, but I can’t imagine IM has a lower BOM than Tron.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When it comes to BOM cost there is a lot of guess work, but I can’t imagine IM has a lower BOM than Tron.

I think they are pretty darn close. The ramps on TRON are more costly, while the main mechanical "toy" on IM is likely more costly than the DISC/BANK. TRON has an extra flipper, which is why I think it beats it by a hair.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Accidentally posted this in the other thread (sorry for repeat post)
Reading this made me realize I’ve had my original version for almost 10 years. Love this game.
Earnable extra ball (it is in competition mode BTW, but usually set for points)
Progressive monger jackpots increasing beyond 3 MIL
Triple stack of war machine, monger, whiplash
Bring back Jericho multiball stack (main reason I won’t upgrade from 1.4)
Bring back 50 MIL DoD
Ability to stack war machine after starting whiplash
Skill shots (Lots of options here)
Reduce drone requirement for DoDmb from 4 to 3
Earnable outlane ball save
Thanks for reading

It would be so cool if (in general), "vaulted" games were accompanied by software updates with refinements like you've outlined for IM.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Licensing is the other huge factor. Both might cost roughly the same in parts to build but we'll never know how much the rights are for IM vs Tron.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Licensing is the other huge factor. Both might cost roughly the same in parts to build but we'll never know how much the rights are for IM vs Tron.

Both Disney properties and IM is clearly the more popular in the mainstream. I'd guess it costs more to license.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Both Disney properties and IM is clearly the more popular in the mainstream. I'd guess it costs more to license.

Guess all you want but the reality is will we never know. Just cause something is more popular or mainstream doesn't mean it cost more to license. Stern is so cheap I think it might be the opposite or we would have seen TronVE instead. Iron man is dead now so maybe they want to cash in while they can. Tron it getting an attraction built at Disney so they at least still consider it relevant.

#270 4 years ago

Might be the last chance to license Iron Man with these actors before Marvel moves onto its next phase or whatever. That's probably how we ended up with Spider-Man vault. Speaking of, who wouldn't love a comic book Iron Man with updated Monger & Whiplash magnets?

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might be the last chance to license Iron Man with these actors before Marvel moves onto its next phase or whatever. That's probably how we ended up with Spider-Man vault. Speaking of, who wouldn't love comic book Iron Man with an updated Monger magnet?

I’ll be amazed if we don’t see another Spider-Man Vault based off Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the MCU.

Upgraded monger magnet? How would you upgrade it? Mines insane!!

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Upgraded monger magnet? How would you upgrade it?

Metal ring around core to prevent mushrooming into the playfield, like the Doc Ock magnet on SMVE.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think they are pretty darn close. The ramps on TRON are more costly, while the main mechanical "toy" on IM is likely more costly than the DISC/BANK. TRON has an extra flipper, which is why I think it beats it by a hair.

I agree it’s close, both games are fairly sparse in the feature department. An extra flipper vs two magnets and kickback.

#274 4 years ago

Someone else mentioned it, but licensing is more than just popularity. The music and sounds may also play into it... perhaps they require a separate licensing agreement with the composer. I can speak from experience that licensing and using Disney IP is separate from Disney music and audio assets. (as a side note that is why I think an IJ remake is virtually impossible - the theme song has multiple license holders ...including, I beleive, Sony!).

Also, there is a possibility that the original IM license gave them options for subsequent releases.... or just a 10-year sunset. Another (likely) possibility is that it is a different licensing group within Disney. IM is Marvel while Tron is legacy Disney so it could be two entirely different sets of lawyers making the decisions.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Someone else mentioned it, but licensing is more than just popularity. The music and sounds may also play into it... perhaps they require a separate licensing agreement with the composer. I can speak from experience that licensing and using Disney IP is separate from Disney music and audio assets. (as a side note that is why I think an IJ remake is virtually impossible - the theme song has multiple license holders ...including, I beleive, Sony!).
Also, there is a possibility that the original IM license gave them options for subsequent releases.... or just a 10-year sunset. Another (likely) possibility is that it is a different licensing group within Disney. IM is Marvel while Tron is legacy Disney so it could be two entirely different sets of lawyers making the decisions.

TRON vault - or lack there of - is likely a licensing problem or it would have been done by now. The pros are still above NIB price and the LE is way above. Very very few pins are in that category

#276 4 years ago

You know when I saw the title of this thread again, it made me think.

Iron man movie again? I mean is something new in the works?

That would then fully make sense to me to move more units in the wake of publicity.

I would like to see another solo iron man movie. Kick it up a notch or three.

#277 4 years ago

Armor wars on the big screen or some new variation.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

That would then fully make sense to me to move more units in the wake of publicity.

Sooooo, I guess you didn’t see Endgame.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Ironman/RDJ are still marvels most bankable character, Endgame reinforced his popularity 10 fold.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sooooo, I guess you didn’t see Endgame.

Because once a character dies they can’t do another movie (cough Black Widow).

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

She has a mysterious backstory & is young enough to pull off a prequel.

We’ve seen Tony Stark from his origin & know everything we really need to know...don’t think we’re gonna see “The lost IronMan Adventures”.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

After Downey's Doctor Dolittle just bombed, perhaps he's rethinking taking off that armor & losing out on those guaranteed Marvel megapayhecks. And Marvel just introduced time travel & alternate timelines to their movie universe. If Marvels grosses start slipping while shifting focus to new characters, then rest assured, he's going to put that armor back on at some point.

And when are the new IMVE rolling off the line? Really curious if the code will be updated.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. Especially during big earthquakes. But unlike the Magic Kingdom, they don't have a McDonalds across the street.

Magic kingdom does not have a McDonald's across the street.

Disneyland does, though.

EDIT:. Sorry, I don't mean to be "that guy". I was just confused because people were discussing Tron coaster at Disney world.

Anyway, I'm personally happy they are re making iron Man again. It's a game I've wanted for awhile now. Although I'm not currently in the market to buy.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

After Downey's Doctor Dolittle just bombed, perhaps he's rethinking taking off that armor & losing ...

He made 20 million for Dolittle so I think he' doing fine.

#285 4 years ago

When are these supposed to ship?

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Magic kingdom does not have a McDonald's across the street.

Disneyland does, though.

EDIT:. Sorry, I don't mean to be "that guy". I was just confused because people were discussing Tron coaster at Disney world.

Sometimes I kinda hate to be that guy too.

52c081c5fc2252af93e8d61c96bc62ec (resized).jpg52c081c5fc2252af93e8d61c96bc62ec (resized).jpg
quote-disneyland-is-often-called-a-magic-kingdom-because-it-combines-fantasy-and-history-adventure-walt-disney-105-84-22 (resizequote-disneyland-is-often-called-a-magic-kingdom-because-it-combines-fantasy-and-history-adventure-walt-disney-105-84-22 (resize

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I kinda hate to be that guy too.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Lol.

#288 4 years ago

Lol is right. Disneyland has been called Magic Kingdom since Orlando was still swampland.

9e8803a966dc8ea13d385441202f64a1 (resized).jpg9e8803a966dc8ea13d385441202f64a1 (resized).jpg

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lol is right. Disneyland has been called Magic Kingdom since Orlando was still swampland.
[quoted image]

Wow, hey man, if you want to call Disneyland the magic kingdom, go right ahead. . I honestly was just confused because, at first, I thought you were saying there was a McDonald's outside the magic kingdom in Florida.

And I agree with you, it's nice to have a McDonald's right outside the gates.

For the record, magic kingdom was used as a slogan and a nickname in California. It was even printed on the tickets in some years. But the only two names the park has ever had are "Disneyland" and "Disneyland Park." Disneyland Resort is the name of the overall resort.

In Florida, the park opened as "Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom". It was later changed to "The Magic Kingdom" and then later changed again to "Magic Kingdom Park."

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Wow, hey man, if you want to call Disneyland the magic kingdom, go right ahead. . I honestly was just confused because, at first, I thought you were saying there was a McDonald's outside the magic kingdom in Florida.

They are building a McDonalds in WDW.

#291 4 years ago

I get it. When they opened Disneyworld, it was basically a bigger but lessor park than Disneyland, but had way more room to grow. Reason I say lessor is they never had a Matterhorn and their POTC is super lame compared to ours. They called it the Magic Kingdom because it was a clone of the one in Anaheim. Although not the official name.

Those of us that have been around call the two parks at the Disneyland Resort, The Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. It's always been that way. Out of towners may not get it.

And there used to be a McDonalds in California Adventure were Mulholland Madness was and at least at one time sold the fries in DL. The one across the street is close and an affordable alternative to in park food.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

they never had a Matterhorn and their POTC is super lame compared to ours.

Both still true to this day! I love DL's POTC.

Now that I think of it, I remember a time (maybe in 2000??) when they were selling McDonald's fries in Epcot. Just the fries, though.

I do love having McDonald's right across the street from DL. I think there's an ihop, too? And there's a buffet that people like but I've never gone there.

I don't think the Florida magic kingdom is lesser, at least not currently. They're just... Different. It's nice to be able to go to both.

Now why are we discussing this in an iron Man thread?

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Now why are we discussing this in an iron Man thread?

Because it's a game most everybody has already played or owned if they really wanted one.

Quoted from Fizz:

And there's a buffet that people like but I've never gone there.

I know there's some pirate themed place right at the crosswalk.

I always told my daughter, who made her first trip to Ca Adventure when it first opened- "If you find anything you like in any of these parks, enjoy it while you can, because tomorrow it might be gone." And so far they have pretty much wiped out most of her childhood memories of the place.
burgerinvasion_frontview2001ah (resized).jpgburgerinvasion_frontview2001ah (resized).jpg

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because it's a game most everybody has already played or owned if they really wanted one.

I know there's some pirate themed place right at the crosswalk.
I always told my daughter, who made her first trip to Ca Adventure when it first opened- "If you find anything you like in any of these parks, enjoy it while you can, because tomorrow it might be gone." And so far they have pretty much wiped out her childhood memories of the place.[quoted image]

McDonald's Burger Invasion??

That's is both WTF and completely awesome.

#295 4 years ago

If you can handle those super long lines lol. Seriously, in the early days of CA, you didn't have to wait for almost anything.

Notice the Yesterland logo. Super awesome website celebrating all the WTF did they remove that attraction for?

#296 4 years ago

As per typical pinside... didn’t take long for this thread To start talking crap.

I’d like to see dod back to 50 mil for sure and also Jericho stack... definitely something to qualify an extra ball and also some cool skill shots.

#297 4 years ago

Anyone in the know, heard anything about it/when code might drop from Lyman for Ironman? Has this latest run hit the line yet?

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

As per typical pinside... didn’t take long for this thread To start talking crap.

As per typical pinside... didn't take long for the bitching to begin.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

She has a mysterious backstory & is young enough to pull off a prequel.
We’ve seen Tony Stark from his origin & know everything we really need to know...don’t think we’re gonna see “The lost IronMan Adventures”.

I was thinking pre endgame. The world loves iron man and Morton Downey Jr.

I doubt any could have predicted the plot of the latest Wonder Woman upcoming. She is not a dead character though I know. So.

In the past. Entirely viable and marketable in my opinion.

And then the vault vault would even make sense from a financial and publicity standpoint.

It's just my opinion. I seem to have one! I just highly doubt we have seen the last of iron man played by m Downey Jr.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was thinking pre endgame. The world loves iron man and Morton Downey Jr.
I doubt any could have predicted the plot of the latest Wonder Woman upcoming. She is not a dead character though I know. So.
In the past. Entirely viable and marketable in my opinion.
And then the vault vault would even make sense from a financial and publicity standpoint.
It's just my opinion. I seem to have one! I just highly doubt we have seen the last of iron man played by m Downey Jr.

Who’s Morton Downey Jr?

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased/page/6?hl=lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.