Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9A8E6C37-A090-497F-A597-9BD9F2E778A4 (resized).jpeg
F1FBA984-39DC-49D6-B135-A273AE9132CE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IM (resized).jpg
j-law-o-yeah-thumbs-up.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
gary stern dr evil (resized).jpg
gary stern dr evil (resized).jpg
33C8994F-AA40-474B-B1D1-5BE6B29D2C57 (resized).png
71D3CD30-38B9-4196-9406-3F4547E8D2EB (resized).jpeg
C19BA621-F10E-44F0-9603-D0C8833AA721 (resized).jpeg
BDB4124E-642D-416E-907B-F0A2205331C7 (resized).jpeg
3F0B0395-CC11-4EBA-BCF1-A0572884B6A8 (resized).jpeg
EB64FCB8-1C17-4299-851D-650AA2C6911A (resized).jpeg
confused-jackie-chan-1024x686 (resized).jpg
9FE3A5AD-5EB5-4EB1-BE3B-940E0E122B59 (resized).jpeg

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 11 days ago

Waiting for the price drop on the used ones... anyone want to trade me one?

#252 11 days ago

Nope. Cedar Point!

#253 10 days ago

Anticipating my NIB 2014/15 Vault delivery

9A8E6C37-A090-497F-A597-9BD9F2E778A4 (resized).jpeg
#254 10 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Sweet! Universal Studios and Disney for you, Magic Mountain for me. All good.

The Fury is an insane rollercoaster. That "325" in the name is the drop. If you lined up and connected, every rollercoaster at DisneyWorld I don't think you would equal the Fury.

#255 10 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Millennium Force

One of my favorites ever.

Top thrill dragster is incredible too. Not much to look at, but incredible.

#256 10 days ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Waiting for the price drop on the used ones... anyone want to trade me one?

Why would they drop? 1-1.3k less for a HUO used one with upgrades and a superior playfield? Would be dumb to buy NIB if a nice used one is available.

#257 10 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

That Tron ride looks great but nothing to get too excited about. No inversions, just a bunch of visual effects and speed. It should be more thrilling.

I rode Tron in Shanghai last year. Better then you think and doesn't need any inversions to make it intense.

#258 10 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't wait for stern to vault tron and then everyone will complain how much it is.

Or how crappy the playfield is compared to the originals. I have an early run, well modded pro and don't see any playfield dimpling or other issues. What Stern game in the past 3-4 years can we say that about?

#259 10 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They added the lightcycle run to Shanghai Disney in 2016 and it's been a big hit, so they're copying it for Florida. It doesn't mean they're intending to revive the brand.

I can tell you guys that I had little interest in acquiring the Tron pin until I rode the coaster in Shanghai last April.

The ride and environment was really cool and is mainly what sparked my interest in the pin. I added Tron to my collection last fall.

#260 9 days ago

Won’t lie - I’m itching to see if we get a new code update from sir_tankalot!

Quite happy with it as it is, but a fresh code polish can breathe new life into a relatively older game.

I bought Met Premium partly because of this dedication to code polish and improvement.

1 week later
#261 2 days ago

Accidentally posted this in the other thread (sorry for repeat post)

Reading this made me realize I’ve had my original version for almost 10 years. Love this game.

In the rules department, I’d like to see :

Earnable extra ball (it is in competition mode BTW, but usually set for points)

Progressive monger jackpots increasing beyond 3 MIL

Triple stack of war machine, monger, whiplash

Bring back Jericho multiball stack (main reason I won’t upgrade from 1.4)

Bring back 50 MIL DoD

Ability to stack war machine after starting whiplash

Skill shots (Lots of options here)

Reduce drone requirement for DoDmb from 4 to 3

Earnable outlane ball save

Thanks for reading

#262 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Great list. I’d like to see combos added as well.

#263 2 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron is a niche theme. Everyone loves Iron Man...it’s ultra mainstream, and people love him even more since Avengers Endgame. Easy sell to NIBNEWBS.
Theme theme theme.

Maybe, but I also think it's a cheap BOM and no R&D whatsoever (they've already vaulted IM).

#264 2 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe, but I also think it's a cheap BOM and no R&D whatsoever (they've already vaulted IM).

When it comes to BOM cost there is a lot of guess work, but I can’t imagine IM has a lower BOM than Tron.

#265 2 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When it comes to BOM cost there is a lot of guess work, but I can’t imagine IM has a lower BOM than Tron.

I think they are pretty darn close. The ramps on TRON are more costly, while the main mechanical "toy" on IM is likely more costly than the DISC/BANK. TRON has an extra flipper, which is why I think it beats it by a hair.

#266 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Accidentally posted this in the other thread (sorry for repeat post)
Reading this made me realize I’ve had my original version for almost 10 years. Love this game.
Earnable extra ball (it is in competition mode BTW, but usually set for points)
Progressive monger jackpots increasing beyond 3 MIL
Triple stack of war machine, monger, whiplash
Bring back Jericho multiball stack (main reason I won’t upgrade from 1.4)
Bring back 50 MIL DoD
Ability to stack war machine after starting whiplash
Skill shots (Lots of options here)
Reduce drone requirement for DoDmb from 4 to 3
Earnable outlane ball save
Thanks for reading

It would be so cool if (in general), "vaulted" games were accompanied by software updates with refinements like you've outlined for IM.

#267 2 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Licensing is the other huge factor. Both might cost roughly the same in parts to build but we'll never know how much the rights are for IM vs Tron.

#268 2 days ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Licensing is the other huge factor. Both might cost roughly the same in parts to build but we'll never know how much the rights are for IM vs Tron.

Both Disney properties and IM is clearly the more popular in the mainstream. I'd guess it costs more to license.

#269 2 days ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Both Disney properties and IM is clearly the more popular in the mainstream. I'd guess it costs more to license.

Guess all you want but the reality is will we never know. Just cause something is more popular or mainstream doesn't mean it cost more to license. Stern is so cheap I think it might be the opposite or we would have seen TronVE instead. Iron man is dead now so maybe they want to cash in while they can. Tron it getting an attraction built at Disney so they at least still consider it relevant.

#270 2 days ago

Might be the last chance to license Iron Man with these actors before Marvel moves onto its next phase or whatever. That's probably how we ended up with Spider-Man vault. Speaking of, who wouldn't love a comic book Iron Man with updated Monger & Whiplash magnets?

#271 2 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might be the last chance to license Iron Man with these actors before Marvel moves onto its next phase or whatever. That's probably how we ended up with Spider-Man vault. Speaking of, who wouldn't love comic book Iron Man with an updated Monger magnet?

I’ll be amazed if we don’t see another Spider-Man Vault based off Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the MCU.

Upgraded monger magnet? How would you upgrade it? Mines insane!!

#272 2 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Upgraded monger magnet? How would you upgrade it?

Metal ring around core to prevent mushrooming into the playfield, like the Doc Ock magnet on SMVE.

#273 2 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think they are pretty darn close. The ramps on TRON are more costly, while the main mechanical "toy" on IM is likely more costly than the DISC/BANK. TRON has an extra flipper, which is why I think it beats it by a hair.

I agree it’s close, both games are fairly sparse in the feature department. An extra flipper vs two magnets and kickback.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside