8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 4 years ago

Would have been better to vault AC/DC with a brand new Zombie Yeti art package.

Could look sweet next to MET!

#202 4 years ago

Not sure what the carry on is... if they didn’t release this game (probably due to licence and parts accessibility) then they would have released NOTHiNG until the next title... would rather the dead air be filled with something over nothing. Gives folks out there an option to grab one if they don’t want used.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Needs to be able to ball search Monger with a flipper up. I had 3 balls stuck in Monger last week and had to drop the ball on the flipper to get them to clear.
BTW, I picked up my HUO IMVE last month the for $4,200.[quoted image]

You need to throw some anti-sway target brackets on those whiplash targets. $10 for 2 and they'll never lean like they are in that picture again.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to throw some anti-sway target brackets on those whiplash targets. $10 for 2 and they'll never lean like they are in that picture again.

Which ones do you recommend vic? Are you producing your own?

#205 4 years ago
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These? https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

F1FBA984-39DC-49D6-B135-A273AE9132CE (resized).jpegF1FBA984-39DC-49D6-B135-A273AE9132CE (resized).jpeg
#208 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which ones do you recommend vic? Are you producing your own?

Pinball Life has them, and I can confirm they work GREAT.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#209 4 years ago

Yes, these are fantastic. Solves the leaning target problem completely forever.

#210 4 years ago

No, the metal bracket replacements at Pinball Life are better IMO.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Oh god, why did you put that in my head, you bastard...

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Now an AC/DC vault I would be more likely to purchase.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this confirming that stranger things is a complete dud for sales?

according to pinside it was the best game ever!!!!!

#214 4 years ago

So much lotr and Tron talk. Guys, these titles are no longer relevant to the outside world. What kid/person unfamiliar with pinball will see either titles and get excited? There’s a reason they didn’t make a Tron sequel despite it clearly being intended, it didn’t make the money and sell toys. There hasn’t been a Lotr movie in 17 years. The only people that would buy those titles are pinsiders and that’s it.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

So much lotr and Tron talk. Guys, these titles are no longer relevant to the outside world. What kid/person unfamiliar with pinball will see either titles and get excited? There’s a reason they didn’t make a Tron sequel despite it clearly being intended, it didn’t make the money and sell toys. There hasn’t been a Lotr movie in 17 years. The only people that would buy those titles are pinsiders and that’s it.

The outside world is also different to the pinball world. The outside world doesn't give a crap about pinball. I'm willing to bet that if Stern offered up both Iron Man and Tron at the same time, they'd sell more Tron machines than Iron Man.

As much as I love Iron Man and as much as I'd love to own one, it's not a title that people have been asking for. I'm guessing it's purely an easy line filler title.

I still think we're hedging closer to another run of Tron. It should be a relatively cheap license to renew (I'm guessing?) and another quick game to fill those gaps in the production line.

Maybe Iron Man is a test to see if it's worth running games like Tron again? In another few years all these games could get a re-run and it will stop this kind of speculation because it's just a normal occurance.

#216 4 years ago

I can't wait for stern to vault tron and then everyone will complain how much it is.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't wait for stern to vault tron and then everyone will complain how much it is.

And it would be. Just find a nice modded pro and live your Tron dreams people. I did, no regrets.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I heard a long time ago that Lyman Sheats is working on a Iron Man code update.

Lyman himself said “don’t be surprised if there is another Iron Man code update coming” or something along those lines in that two hour podcast interview he gave a year ago.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. This has been rectified. The picture was taken within the first week of ownership and the game hadn’t been torn down and shopped yet.

#220 4 years ago

How about an official Ironman topper Stern?

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

There's very little crossover from the outside world to pinball, but with Amazon doing a major LotR push with the prequels, there will likely be a lot of interest next year and beyond from outside pinball, and those IN pinball would throw money at a Spike2 LotR update in a second.

Or hedge the minimal conversion money/resources to do it by releasing a Spike2 LotR then reskinning it a year later as The Witcher. Very Stern-ish move.

#222 4 years ago

So how many Iron Man Vaults do Stern force dealers to buy in order to get TMNT LE’s???

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or hedge the minimal conversion money/resources to do it by releasing a Spike2 LotR then reskinning it a year later as The Witcher. Very Stern-ish move.

SHUT UP AND TOSS A COIN TO MY WITCHER

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

SHUT UP AND TOSS A COIN TO MY WITCHER

I not-so-secretly hope JJP has the sense to do The Witcher, though. Could be outstanding. The material available to work with and fully realized world would make a fantastic pin in the right hands.

And I don't care what the books have (or, actually, DON'T have), Netflix better have a LOT more Dandelion/Jaskier next season. He got better every time on screen.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I not-so-secretly hope JJP has the sense to do The Witcher, though. Could be outstanding. The material available to work with and fully realized world would make a fantastic pin in the right hands

I’d like to see there be another season or two of material before there is a pin based on the IP. I’d be very interested in it though.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d like to see there be another season or two of material before there is a pin based on the IP. I’d be very interested in it though.

The most recent game has demonstrated there's a TON of great stuff in the world of The Witcher. And even with a super-crappy budget, the first season on Netflix has shown they can put it on screen. Now that it's their most-watched show of 2019, I bet they're shooting on a bigger budget for Season 2.

There's enough evidence to start work on a great pin.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

I wonder why Disney World is spending more than 300m building and marketing their new Tron coaster which is scheduled to open in 2021.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder why Disney World is spending more than 300m building and marketing their new Tron coaster which is scheduled to open in 2021.

Because people like rides, and it’s a property they own.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why select that property of the plethora they own?

According to some of you pinheads, Tron is a dead property.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Why select that property of the plethora they own?
According to some of you pinheads, Tron is a dead property.

They added the lightcycle run to Shanghai Disney in 2016 and it's been a big hit, so they're copying it for Florida. It doesn't mean they're intending to revive the brand.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They added the lightcycle run to Shanghai Disney in 2016 and it's been a big hit, so they're copying it for Florida. It doesn't mean they're intending to revive the brand.

They'll do something with it sooner or later. I'm not really sure you can call it a dead property when people are speedrunning Tron: Evolution for PS3 at AGDQ. There's fans out there, we just don't have a whole lot to be vocal about at the moment.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So how many Iron Man Vaults do Stern force dealers to buy in order to get TMNT LE’s???

hopefully 1,000's

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

The outside world is also different to the pinball world. The outside world doesn't give a crap about pinball. I'm willing to bet that if Stern offered up both Iron Man and Tron at the same time, they'd sell more Tron machines than Iron Man.
As much as I love Iron Man and as much as I'd love to own one, it's not a title that people have been asking for. I'm guessing it's purely an easy line filler title.
I still think we're hedging closer to another run of Tron. It should be a relatively cheap license to renew (I'm guessing?) and another quick game to fill those gaps in the production line.
Maybe Iron Man is a test to see if it's worth running games like Tron again? In another few years all these games could get a re-run and it will stop this kind of speculation because it's just a normal occurance.

When I refer to the outside world I’m referring to people not on pinside. I’d be willing to wager for stern pinside customers are not the majority, by even a long shot. I would purchase a Tron for myself as I love the game and franchise but I would never purchase it for my route with the intention of making a profit. As for Disney creating the ride they’re doing it simply because the Tron ride is already in Asia and it’s the most popular ride by far, according to Disney officials. Tron legacy came out 12 years ago, if it made money there would’ve been another.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They'll do something with it sooner or later. I'm not really sure you can call it a dead property when people are speedrunning Tron: Evolution for PS3 at AGDQ. There's fans out there, we just don't have a whole lot to be vocal about at the moment.

Disney needs to keep their fledgling Disney+ streaming service filled with content so I fully expect a new Tron series exclusive to that, probably not live action though but who knows. In any case, Tron is a B or C property for Disney at this point, appeals to an audience but nothing a Star Wars or Marvel.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LOL. Pinheads have been waiting for that Whale for what... a decade?
I just don't see that ship having ever existed much less on the horizon.
If it an't happen yet... it probably wont.
That said; I'd happy to see a TronVE rather than a IronManVE#2.

#236 4 years ago

Those pinheads that are angry about this title being vaulted. I'm genuinely curious why you care so much or are so opinionated on how Stern is doing so much wrong. How does it impact you personally?

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yep. Just like they opened their Little Mermaid rides in 2011 and how rides like Snow White still exist.

However, with less available space at Disneyland and California Adventure, ElecTRONica was taken out only two years after the movie's release. It already seemed dated in that short amount of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElecTRONica

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Those pinheads that are angry about this title being vaulted. I'm genuinely curious why you care so much or are so opinionated on how Stern is doing so much wrong. How does it impact you personally?

I'm probably not the group you're looking for to answer this, since I don't really care although do agree it's dumb.....but the answer to your question is another question!

Does any of this impact us personally? Of course not. It's dumb Pinball but the same reason why you registered your name to interact with others on a pinball forum is the same reason why people get upset about why Stern would vault a game no one asked for.

It's a hobby - people are passionate and have opinions about the direction of the Pinball industry.... Hence pinside.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And it is a perfect theme for a coaster......

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

There is a contingency of meatheads who tell their wives how their pinball collection has appreciated or will never lose value.

If you can’t handle your toys depreciating, don’t buy them.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

And it is a perfect theme for a coaster......

I imagine that station smelling like farts.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I imagine that station smelling like farts.

Disney usually pumps in pleasant scents throughout their parks and resorts so you should be safe........

#243 4 years ago

That Tron ride looks great but nothing to get too excited about. No inversions, just a bunch of visual effects and speed. It should be more thrilling.

#244 4 years ago

No doubt. Especially since Magic Mountain just opened West Coast Racers.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That Tron ride looks great but nothing to get too excited about. No inversions, just a bunch of visual effects and speed. It should be more thrilling.

Disney is pretty tame so almost anyone can ride. Magic Mountain is for the thrillseekers.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Magic Mountain is for the thrillseekers.

True. Especially during big earthquakes. But unlike the Magic Kingdom, they don't have a McDonalds across the street.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. Especially during big earthquakes. But unlike the Magic Kingdom, they don't have a McDonalds across the street.

When I was a kid in Santa Paula and there was the 6.5 Earthquake in 1971 that went on forever and had a very strong motion, the Sky Tower at Magic Mountain supposedly was swaying 18 feet at the top. Maintenance got the ultimate thrill ride that morning.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When I was a kid in Santa Paula and there was the 6.5 Earthquake in 1971 that went on forever and had a very strong motion.

It went off as my alarm clock did. That woke me up.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm so over inversion on coasters. I'll take big + fast + airtime over "it goes upside down" every single day of the week. Millennium Force and Fury 325, please and thanks.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm so over inversion on coasters. I'll take big + fast + airtime over "it goes upside down" every single day of the week. Millennium Force and Fury 325, please and thanks.

Sweet! Universal Studios and Disney for you, Magic Mountain for me. All good.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased/page/5?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.