8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Like as Stern made SW comic edition. Way cheaper than designing a whole new pin. They could make 600 SW pins (or some number) and people will buy them. I know quite a few people here just picked up SW comic. Those sales could have gone to secondary market but instead went to Stern.
Think of how long it takes another company to sell 500 pins and Stern did it with SW like it was no big deal.

I wonder why they did not go the route of slightly new version like Star Wars versus a second vault.

#52 4 years ago

I used to dislike Iron man. It completely grew on me and I think it makes me a little better player every time I spend time on it.

This would be a great opportunity for a custom trans light, too then.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Your sample size of one isn't indicative of all pinball. Mine is the opposite. One of my top earners.

So if we throw out your sample of one great and my sample of one terrible, we're left at the same place, and it's definitely not the top or the bottom of earnings.

#54 4 years ago

Stern should sell the older DMD games for less than the current pro price IMO. $5700 is too much for this game when you can probably find a just as nice used one with no playfield issues for around $4500.

#55 4 years ago

I heard a long time ago that Lyman Sheats is working on a Iron Man code update.

#56 4 years ago

IM is a good title... Last two Sterns fkn tanked. I very confident Elvira will we outstanding but loyal buyers finally are saying enough is enough,,,,,

#57 4 years ago

A friend mentioned this to me yesterday and I thought he was joking.

#58 4 years ago

Heres the thing .... I only wish that they would make more SAM games at that price point.... rehash or not.

SAM....... the most reliable pinball system ever made :::

#59 4 years ago

Disney has a Tron rollercoaster launching later this year or early 2021 at Disney World Magic Kingdom. It might make sense to do Tron VE when it opens to grab onto some the inevitable publicity.

EB64FCB8-1C17-4299-851D-650AA2C6911A (resized).jpegEB64FCB8-1C17-4299-851D-650AA2C6911A (resized).jpeg3F0B0395-CC11-4EBA-BCF1-A0572884B6A8 (resized).jpeg3F0B0395-CC11-4EBA-BCF1-A0572884B6A8 (resized).jpeg
#60 4 years ago

Lots of TRONs for sale right now cheaper then ever ..... Stern dangling the strings.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You underestimate the NIBNEWBS.

NIB Newb Newb

BDB4124E-642D-416E-907B-F0A2205331C7 (resized).jpegBDB4124E-642D-416E-907B-F0A2205331C7 (resized).jpeg
#62 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I heard a long time ago that Lyman Sheats is working on a Iron Man code update.

Apparently it’s just minor polish.

This game will cost nothing for Stern to make. Cheap and easy production line filler with no extra work for management- probably at the end of the last VE license renewal. Solid reputation, will sell just enough to dealers until the next title.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apparently it’s just minor polish.
This game will cost nothing for Stern to make. Cheap and easy production line filler with no extra work for management- probably at the end of the last VE license renewal. Solid reputation, will sell just enough to dealers until the next title.

H2H podcast Lyman mentions adding high score tables and adding various other tweaks and fixes. Ironman doesn’t really need much it’s close to perfect and balanced as is but it could do with the following, which could also help boost sales.

• An actual skill shot/super skill shot
• High score tables for each mode
• Combos! Combo doubt & combo champ
• Balance DOD multiball, it still needs to be hard to achieve but currently it’s all but impossible unless your top 5 in the world, even Valinor isn’t that difficult.
• Earnable extra ball..

#64 4 years ago

That and an actual extra ball shot rather than just randomly lit.

#65 4 years ago

Needs to be able to ball search Monger with a flipper up. I had 3 balls stuck in Monger last week and had to drop the ball on the flipper to get them to clear.

BTW, I picked up my HUO IMVE last month the for $4,200.

C19BA621-F10E-44F0-9603-D0C8833AA721 (resized).jpegC19BA621-F10E-44F0-9603-D0C8833AA721 (resized).jpeg
#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Totally just a filler to keep the line going. I wonder if it comes with an authentic 2015/16 playfield too, or one of the cruddy new ones?
I have to say though that IMVE with a color DMD looks great. Colors on the display tie into the ones on the speaker panel. Real purty.

Yes eh- the old playfields are far superior to the shite they are pushing on everyone today - by a used one is the way better option. Alas they will likely get enough lemmings to fall in line to buy these- DOOOOOOH

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

That and an actual extra ball shot rather than just randomly lit.

Knew I forgot something!

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I wonder why they did not go the route of slightly new version like Star Wars versus a second vault.

Can anyone say "LEFT OVER PARTS"

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So if we throw out your sample of one great and my sample of one terrible, we're left at the same place, and it's definitely not the top or the bottom of earnings.

Iron Man isn't a top earner. I'd be curious to see the lineup where its a top earner. 2 games with Sharky's Shootout next to it?

#70 4 years ago

What is the street price of these? If its anywhere near $5700 (LCD 2020 street price) These things are going to sit.

#71 4 years ago

Let’s pay a grand more for a shitty clear coat for the same game. Hard Pass!

#72 4 years ago

Factor in an additional $420 for color DMD so imo these should be priced lower than new pro with LCD displays.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Let’s pay a grand more for a shitty clear coat for the same game. Hard Pass!

It’s way better than Munsters or BK pro.

#74 4 years ago

And any code added for the Vault release can be applied to the previous IM release so no reason to get new.

Quoted from J85M:

H2H podcast Lyman mentions adding high score tables and adding various other tweaks and fixes. Ironman doesn’t really need much it’s close to perfect and balanced as is but it could do with the following, which could also help boost sales.
• Balance DOD multiball, it still needs to be hard to achieve but currently it’s all but impossible unless your top 5 in the world, even Valinor isn’t that difficult.
• Earnable extra ball..

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If I was in the market I would look for a nice used one before shelling out $5600 for a NIB where you have no idea if your PF will chip or crater.

Underrated statement...

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s way better than Munsters or BK pro.

Definitely. BK pro is a Street level Gottlieb. Munsters is okay if you like shallow games.

Maybe Lyman will release another update.

#77 4 years ago

I'm not buying shit from Stern until they fix my damn BM66 Catwoman.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm not buying shit from Stern until they fix my damn BM66 Catwoman.

Clearcoat? My JP replacement.

71D3CD30-38B9-4196-9406-3F4547E8D2EB (resized).jpeg71D3CD30-38B9-4196-9406-3F4547E8D2EB (resized).jpeg
#79 4 years ago

People are finally starting to notice Stern is falling apart.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Clearcoat? My JP replacement.

Chunks of the play field.

#81 4 years ago

Yours separated bad?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Needs to be able to ball search Monger with a flipper up. I had 3 balls stuck in Monger last week and had to drop the ball on the flipper to get them to clear.
BTW, I picked up my HUO IMVE last month the for $4,200.[quoted image]

Wow, man.... look at that magnet and the surrounding PF!!!! Holy cow

33C8994F-AA40-474B-B1D1-5BE6B29D2C57 (resized).png33C8994F-AA40-474B-B1D1-5BE6B29D2C57 (resized).png
#84 4 years ago

Oh boy, ramps all day.

#85 4 years ago

why can't they put a LCD screen and they call it a vault 2.0. Then maybe this would make sense. Full color video.....on a good game....

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

why can't they put a LCD screen and they call it a vault 2.0. Then maybe this would make sense. Full color video.....on a good game....

Cost, greed, dicking over customers, laziness. All equally applicable.

#87 4 years ago

I'm going to go against the flow and say this is a smart move on Stern's part. The fixed costs (R&D) for making this game have already been paid so they are only paying the variable costs (parts + labor) on this one. I am guessing the line is open with a few duds released in a row, and that parts are not available to make in demand games (Jurassic Park Premium) so they have to keep the line running somehow. If you have to fill the line for a few weeks, why not use something that is a sure bet? Even if Stern has a hard time selling these, there is a huge markup on these compared to new games. I'm sure there are lots of people that want an Ironman that only shop for new games. I am willing to bet the majority of Stern buyers are not pinside people, and that the market would absolutely support 200 more Iron Mans, or any other late model Stern. These vaults are a great idea (for Stern) and will help keep the lights on until us pinball nuts can get a Turtles.

Yes Stern could absolutely make a LOTR or Tron vault and they'd be hugely popular with pinball nuts... which is not the majority of the marketplace. I too am hoping for a LOTR, Tron, or TSPP vault someday but can totally see why Stern would go after the low hanging fruit first.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to go against the flow and say this is a smart move on Stern's part. The fixed costs (R&D) for making this game have already been paid so they are only paying the variable costs (parts + labor) on this one. I am guessing the line is open with a few duds released in a row, and that parts are not available to make in demand games (Jurassic Park Premium) so they have to keep the line running somehow. If you have to fill the line for a few weeks, why not use something that is a sure bet? Even if Stern has a hard time selling these, there is a huge markup on these compared to new games. I'm sure there are lots of people that want an Ironman that only shop for new games. I am willing to bet the majority of Stern buyers are not pinside people, and that the market would absolutely support 200 more Iron Mans, or any other late model Stern. These vaults are a great idea (for Stern) and will help keep the lights on until us pinball nuts can get a Turtles.
Yes Stern could absolutely make a LOTR or Tron vault and they'd be hugely popular with pinball nuts... which is not the majority of the marketplace. I too am hoping for a LOTR, Tron, or TSPP vault someday but can totally see why Stern would go after the low hanging fruit first.

Yep. Marvel will always sell to someone, eventually. Hopefully we get a code update out of it.

#89 4 years ago

Its a SAM game so it would have to be ported over to SPIKE which isn't going to happen.

Quoted from wamonkey:

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

With all those new machines flooding the market its a safe bet to say Iron man prices are gonna drop below 4.5k for a used one

Welcome to 2018.

#91 4 years ago

Ok, haters, complainers, whiners and generally unhappy people... consider the person who really wanted an Iron Man but missed out on the last run. Maybe there has not one that has gone up for sale locally...now all of the sudden, Stern announcing brandy new IM VE for sale... This happened to me with Tron, so I hope it happens with someone who wanted IM.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this confirming that stranger things is a complete dud for sales?

That’s confirmed

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Your sample size of one isn't indicative of all pinball. Mine is the opposite. One of my top earners.

Took years before mine declined. Good,steady earner for sure. Doesn't break either.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That’s confirmed

I would love to know your source on this.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

• Earnable extra ball..

Totally agree with this... and maybe better animations for some of the wizard modes?...Jeriko mode is great though!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Totally agree with this... and maybe better animations for some of the wizard modes?...Jeriko mode is great though!

While I would love some more animations or clips from the movies, I doubt Stern have paid for those kind of rights for this Vault.

I guess their license deals allow them assists at the time to use in their code indefinitely but I can’t see Stern paying to add more.

Now if Stern had paid to add an LCD and actual movie clip, I’d probably have bit and brought one and sold my original.

#97 4 years ago

Won’t this actually raise the value of HUO machines?...why should owners sell for $4200-$4800...when the only other way to get one is to pay $5700...?.............Joey

#98 4 years ago

They should have fixed the flipper gap (and adjusted the slings and lanes accordingly) and released a GBVE.

Minimal effort, maximum return.

#99 4 years ago

These vaults are a cool idea but so far Stern has NOT given people a reason to be excited about what the next vault game is going to be. Give us TSPP or LOTR or heck maybe even a GB or TWD instead of a game that has already been vaulted. I just don’t understand what the hell they are thinking at all.

The best thing Stern could do right now is to figure out how to make a rock solid playfield like they once did and market the hell out of it as something new and groundbreaking and give the customer some kind of warranty with it. That alone would boost sales like crazy. I know LOTS of people who will not buy a new Stern game right now because of the playfield quality, and the thing is they have money and they want to buy a new Stern game but they wont.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah i don't think this will sell more than a few hundred or so

If that's true they'll be on and off the line in two or three days. Don't really see the problem.

Is this the third time they vaulted this or just the second? Am I wrong in thinking it's already happened twice?

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased/page/2?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.