• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

what are the differences in an Iron man or an Iron Man VE?
Any issues to look out for?
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

VE has full LEDs, has lighted figures (LEDs in the chest), has high resolution trans light, has decals which are higher resolution, has modified head (different speaker area which is covered with a decal and red trim on the back box). Stern has also started using a new lock for the head (not the big Allen wrench).

image.jpg

#3 6 years ago

Also just do a search for Iron Man and have fun for a few hours reading. It's the same game though. Some asthetic differences.

#4 6 years ago

The right rail on the VE may need a nudge so it will not bump the top of Samuel L's head.

They are both good games and pretty equal playwise. People prefer VE's beacuse chances are they are HUO, newer and lower plays. I have never seen a Routed VE for sale. That being said what is the discount for an original compared to a VE? It is very hard for buyers and sellers to decide. They are both pretty much equal. The hardest part is the discount on the age and plays. iMHO.

Get either if you can work through that. It is my favorite. Be warned though - IM does not and will never respect you or anyone else, but you and everyone will respect it.

#5 6 years ago

Orignal has plasma dmd, VE has LED dmd.

#6 6 years ago

The VE is a great refinement of the original in regards to trim and finish. In regards to gameplay, it's a wash. Given the option, VE every time, but beggars can't be choosers, which I'm finding out now as I'm looking to buy.

#7 6 years ago

A little bit of baloney ^^^. "Great Refinement"? Does it have the good lockdown bar? The good backbox mech? Some prefer the original head ornamentation. Game probably plays a little different. Slings probably more powerful on VE. Not necessarily better, but a different feel.

I think I'd prefer newer given the choice - and I own a 2010 - but once the game is in your line up and you're playing it everyday I hardly think you're going to be focusing on these "refinements" that you speak of. The game itself is what it's all about...and the game is essentially the same kick ass game regardless.

#8 6 years ago

I came here to discuss fishing line. Damn it.
image.jpg

#9 6 years ago

The Difference is
One Game Kicks Ass Made in 2010
The Other Game Kicks Ass Came out in 2014

plastic around new LED display, solid playfield toys + Leds and a cabinet redirection may apply to VE

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I came here to discuss fishing line. Damn it.
image.jpg

ha was thinking the same thing.

#11 6 years ago

I've got the VE, but if it had been a 2010 it would be fine. IM is all about the game. They both play fantastic. If you get an original, you may need to spruce it up a bit to make it play like a bitch (as it should!). Cleaned with fresh rubber, flipper rebuild, and off you go to get your ass kicked.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

A little bit of baloney ^^^. "Great Refinement"? Does it have the good lockdown bar? The good backbox mech? Some prefer the original head ornamentation. Game probably plays a little different. Slings probably more powerful on VE. Not necessarily better, but a different feel.
I think I'd prefer newer given the choice - and I own a 2010 - but once the game is in your line up and you're playing it everyday I hardly think you're going to be focusing on these "refinements" that you speak of. The game itself is what it's all about...and the game is essentially the same kick ass game regardless.

Good to see that you're still an insufferable fanboy of your own possessions.

Sheesh, some people.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside