Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Stern Pinball Opens its Vault to Reintroduce Iron Man Pinball

World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Games Announces First Stern Vault Release With Iron Man Pro

MELROSE PARK, IL – June 12, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced today it is opening the Stern Vault for re-release of Iron Man™ Pro. The Iron Man pinball machine features visuals, speech, music and sound effects from the Marvel blockbuster films Iron Man and Iron Man 2. After numerous requests from the pinball community, Stern is re-introducing this exceptional game.

Originally released in 2010, the Iron Man Pro model continues to bring the battle between billionaire industrialist, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and his enemies to the fingertips and flippers of pinball players. With non-stop action, Iron Man Pro Vault Edition heightens the excitement, bringing back a classic game for the players of any age and skill level.

Iron Man Pro Vault Edition features technological and manufacturing upgrades utilized by Stern in its current Pro models. Among the improvements is all LED playfield lighting. Iron Man is manufactured with Stern’s updated modern metal and wood back box with red t-molding and with a decaled cabinet and speaker housing. The Iron Monger, War Machine and Whiplash figures have been molded in one piece construction for improved strength.

“Operators tell us Iron Man is a great earning pinball game, and enthusiasts tell us it’s a great playing game. We didn’t make enough,” said Gary Stern, founder, CEO and chairman of Stern Pinball.

Look for future Stern Vault Editions.

Pricing and Availability:

Pro Version: $5,495 (MSRP)

#2 9 years ago

Is it April Fool's day? What am I missing?

#3 9 years ago

What about the classic model?

#4 9 years ago

#5 9 years ago

Well, some more used games just went down in value.

I would assume IM will be around $4999 shipped through distributors.

#7 9 years ago

What is the going price on a nice original right now?

#8 9 years ago

Time to sell my IM, oh no hang on, I bought the damned thing to PLAY

#9 9 years ago

Whats new? How about a new higher MSRP! Holy smokes, I wonder what the distrib cost will be...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

What is the going price on a nice original right now?

Lol

#13 9 years ago

With a $5,495 MSRP that's what? $4,800 retail? Used IM's just got their price cut in half. I doubt they are worth much higher than $3K.

#14 9 years ago

What's the new MSRP? IM is a great game!

edit: Jalpert - you answered the question before I could ask!!

#15 9 years ago

AWESOME!

And I'm still glad I have mine from the first run! I much prefer "roll your own" LED lighting to the built in stuff.

Now, let's see if all those people who talk about how Iron Man can sell another 1000 copies will actually make it happen. I hope it does!

#16 9 years ago

Aren't you glad you did not buy the NIB one for $7k last week?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Aren't you glad you did not buy the NIB one for $7k last week?

seriously. wow.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

With a $5,495 MSRP that'swhat? $4,800 retail? Used IM's just got their price cut in half. I doubt they are worth much higher than $3K.

Okay, I don't really care, but how do you get a price of less than $3k for a first run IM? Based on other pricing from used Metallicas just for instance, that would put it at about $4500, minimally, for a nice unmodded one.

Which really isn't far off where they were.

Which is why I think this is so interesting.

I can only imagine a few people's heads are exploding right now.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Look for future Stern Vault Editions.

uh oh.

#20 9 years ago

Yes, this is what was alluded to me about a week ago by a distributor...

But I got an X-Men instead, because I thought it was fiction.

Robert

#21 9 years ago

I said they weren't worth too much more than $3K, saying they are probably worth that.

Quoted from goatdan:

but how do you get a price of less than $3k for a first run IM?

Quoted from jalpert:

I doubt they are worth much higher than $3K.

#22 9 years ago

Routed IM for $5.5k are now a thing of the past.

Shipped NIB's will be ~$5k.

Robert

#23 9 years ago

Stern Vault Editions. Anything could be remade... anytime.

Tron Premium... "Vault Edition". Screen shot this post, I want you to post the picture of it when it happens someday.

#24 9 years ago

Among the improvements is all LED playfield lighting. Iron Man is manufactured with Stern’s updated modern metal and wood back box with red t-molding and with a decaled cabinet and speaker housing.

Well, I think the original backbox is way better, and prefer a screen printed cabinet to decals.

It's re-make city this year!

#25 9 years ago

Oh yeah, and I have to say...

Lyman - can you please change the skill shot now? Here is what I would love...

If you don't touch the flippers, a no-hands skill shot into the right roll over is worth 3 times the regular skill shot.

If you hole the right flipper, you get the shot to come back to you. I would only open up a couple things for skill shot though - in particular, I'd love to have just the two ramps open for 2x skill shot.

With that change, Iron Man becomes my never-to-be-beaten favorite of all time.

I'm curious about these molded figures too. Nice to know there will be spares!

#26 9 years ago

See BR. Patience does pay off! How does NIB Iron Man sound? Lol

#27 9 years ago

I'm SMILING form Ear 2 Ear !!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

See BR. Patience does pay off! How does NIB Iron Man sound? Lol

I'll have 1 bro .....

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I said they weren't worth too much more than $3K, saying they are probably worth that.

Again, I don't see it, but hey, go for it! I'm sure you can get lots for $3k now.

#30 9 years ago

Just twigged - a code update much more likely

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just twigged - a code update much more likely

It doesn't need much, I'm actually worried they might do too much. It's so perfect as is.

#32 9 years ago

Holy crap! I thought it was a joke. Pretty crazy news!

#33 9 years ago

So, people are going to be paying $4K for a routed IM, with NIB going for about $4,800 and HUO somewhere in between. Good luck.

Quoted from goatdan:

Again, I don't see it, but hey, go for it! I'm sure you can get lots for $3k now.

#34 9 years ago

Ill buy BR HUO one in six months.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Stern Vault Editions. Anything could be remade... anytime.
Tron Premium... "Vault Edition". Screen shot this post, I want you to post the picture of it when it happens someday.

I believe that they won't rerun premium models for machines that they have previously said will only get one LE set and that's it.

ACDC Premium rerun? Sure.

TRON Premium isn't a rerun, it's a completely new game. I don't see that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more Trons at some point again. I also wouldn't be overly surprised to see more Spider-Mans.

Heh, that sounds funny.

Okay, seriously, I don't exactly know why, but this announcement has made me super happy! I know where my mind will be the rest of the day (and that's okay!)

#36 9 years ago

Maybe Tron Vault will be next

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Ill buy BR HUO one in six months.

don't think so .... Keeper !! It Killed me having to sell my last HUO

#38 9 years ago

The bubble just burst for a lot of folks

#39 9 years ago

It's now pretty clear why Stern is moving into a larger facility.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, people are going to be paying $4K for a routed IM, with NIB going for about $4,800 and HUO somewhere in between. Good luck.

Funny, when any other game is routed and sold, that is about the discount they seem to have been getting lately. I was just commenting on a Mustang Pro thread where they sold it for $3750 and everyone was commenting on how great that was. If we assume a price of $4500, that is still a $750 discount.

Why do you think Iron Man deserves a $1500+ discount for being routed? I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that.

Regardless, I am sure you have been doing this way longer than me and have more experience, so I'm probably wrong.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I was thing about you when I saw this. I am so happy for you.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

But this new version already has the LEDs in it.

It is now pretty clear why certain Stern distributors were recently dumping their routed IMs for high prices.

#43 9 years ago

Come on guys. This is a re-fake. The 1st runs had the better cab design with screened decals, the better head design, and gold t-molding.

#44 9 years ago

Iron Man Remake (or IMR) considering all the upgrades.

#45 9 years ago

Nobody is wrong or right. I just think that, at $3,750, for $500 more you could get a HUO and for $500 more than that you could get a NIB.

I don't think $3,750 is a good price for a routed IM.

Quoted from goatdan:

Funny, when any other game is routed and sold, that is about the discount they seem to have been getting lately. I was just commenting on a Mustang Pro thread where they sold it for $3750 and everyone was commenting on how great that was. If we assume a price of $4500, that is still a $750 discount.

Why do you think Iron Man deserves a $1500+ discount for being routed? I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that.

Regardless, I am sure you have been doing this way longer than me and have more experience, so I'm probably wrong.

#46 9 years ago

I fail to see why this is any different from what Stern has done in the past. They've always re-ran games several years after initial release when demand was high. Look at TSPP, LOTR, SM, Tron, etc. The lesson to be learned from all this is not to pay above current NIB prices for a used Stern game. With that being said I'm glad those of you that want an IM will be able to purchase one NIB now!

#47 9 years ago

If this is true I am very happy I sold my IM for very good $$$ a few months ago.

#48 9 years ago

I am just happy that Black Rose gets one. I do not care about the game at all . But all he has be thru in the last year he deserves one. He seems like a nice guy that would do anything for his kids and he is being rewarded for a game that he had to sell but did not want to. Congrats to all who want this game.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The lesson to be learned from all this is not to pay above current NIB prices for a used Stern game.

Pretty much my rule of thumb and that goes for B/W titles as well at this point.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's now pretty clear why Stern is moving into a larger facility.

Great short term but cannot see this is going to end well going forward 2 years. Stern are the great survivors though but all the other companies.....hmmmm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95
$ 26.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-re-release-is-happening and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.