9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

discofever.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

*All pre-order spots have been filled, but you can PM us and we will add you to our waiting list for the next order.*

Hi Everyone,

We are very happy with the latest version of Professor Pinball's Iron Man Chase Light Ramp Mod, and have decided to open up pre-orders for 10 people. The projected price for both ramps, control board and harness will be around the $200 mark. Once we have filled our pre-order list we will be able to send out actual prices.

The kit will be plug and play (no drilling!), All you will need to do is remove the ramps to install the chase lights using an easily removable double-sided tape. The entire install shouldn't take more than 2 hours and won't require altering your pin.

We are expecting to start shipping them in November.

Thanks for the support, we are looking forward to many more Professor Pinball creations!

P.S. We are working on Tron ramps for release number two!

Professor Pinball is a joint venture of Pinsider's LyonsDen and Prosedsp, two Arizona-based pinball fanatics.

#2 9 years ago

Wow awesome...nice mod. May I suggest you modify your profile to show location because you're asking for pre-orders and such...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow awesome...nice mod. May I suggest you modify your profile to show location.

Thanks! Just added our location.

#4 9 years ago

That's pretty.... awesome...

#5 9 years ago

Wouldn't those be pretty blinding?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wouldn't those be pretty blinding?

Great question. They definitely aren't blinding and add a nice look to the game without being too bright.

EDIT: The light brightness can be adjusted too. The chase right now has the center pixel the brightest with a fade out along either side. We can dial it back for anyone that wants, but this has to be done when we program the controller card.

#7 9 years ago

Will the lights be tied into gameplay or will they do the same type of Chase light sequence no matter what. Will the lights do different things like go on all at once, and then Chase, and then do something else.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Will the lights be tied into gameplay or will they do the same type of Chase light sequence no matter what. Will the lights do different things like go on all at once, and then Chase, and then do something else.

Our lights are not tied into gameplay but we are working on it. We are still a long way away from that though. Once released it will be an easy upgrade, consisting of replacing the controller card and adding a wiring harness.

#9 9 years ago

Nice set of custom ramp decals would cover up the light strip and allow the lights to still do there job. I like it other wise

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Nice set of custom ramp decals would cover up the light strip and allow the lights to still do there job. I like it other wise

That's an interesting idea, we are always looking for unique ways to improve our mods.

#11 9 years ago

discofever.jpgdiscofever.jpg

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

discofever.jpg 38 KB

#13 9 years ago

I like them a lot, but unless they trigger from actually hitting the ramp, I'm not sure I see the point. That's all they really have to do (other than ideally go off during attract mode and maybe when large objectives are achieved) is trigger when you hit the ramp, that would be awesome, and make sense.

#14 9 years ago

+1 to the above

#15 9 years ago

+1 more to the above

#16 9 years ago

+ 1 more. You hit the ramp, the lights go off. Fine to have them be on in attract mode.

#17 9 years ago

We only have 4 spots left! Thanks for all the support everyone.

#18 9 years ago

Just got a chance to play Professor Pinball's Iron Man, really fun and the ramp lights were awesome!

Tony

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ollagynot:

Just got a chance to play Professor Pinball's Iron Man, really fun and the ramp lights were awesome!
Tony

Thanks for the feedback! We can't wait to see our chase lights on many more IM's.

#20 9 years ago

I was fortunate enough to play this exact machine last weekend for the afternoon, and what I can say is, it is absolutely stunning! Gives the machine very fluid visual effect . The lights are not blinding and I believe the colors and speed can be changed for for personal preference. They appear and feel as if that's how it came out of the box from the factory. Very well done professor pinball !

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I was fortunate enough to play this exact machine last weekend for the afternoon, and what I can say is, it is absolutely stunning! Gives the machine very fluid visual effect . The lights are not blinding and I believe the colors and speed can be changed for for personal preference. They appear and feel as if that's how it came out of the box from the factory. Very well done professor pinball !

Thanks!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

+ 1 more. You hit the ramp, the lights go off. Fine to have them be on in attract mode.

We are working on future releases that will interact with game shots. Once we get to that point current ramp chase lights will be easily upgraded by simply attaching a new controller board and wiring harness!

#23 9 years ago

I'd see if you could get them to go off during Bogey mode.

#24 9 years ago

I wonder if this could run off a Pig II...

#25 9 years ago

Awesome mod! I love the look of these chaser lights. I'm in for a preorder set! PM sent

#26 9 years ago

I was joking before, and Prof_Pinball showed himself to be a gentleman by laughing. In all seriousness now, I think simply triggering the light show with the ramp entrance switches would be elegant and really cool.

#27 9 years ago

Wholly crap I don't even own an iron man and I want those, they look amazing! I hope you make them for other titles too.

#28 9 years ago

Calling Grinder901. Another mod for your Iron Man. Calling Grinder901

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wholly crap I don't even own an Iron Man and I want those, they look amazing! I hope you make them for other titles too.

Thanks! We will definitely be adding more pins to our lineup in the coming months.

Up next: Tron

#30 9 years ago

Wr have two spots left.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Calling Grinder901. Another mod for your Iron Man. Calling Grinder901

Man, I've had my finger on the trigger since the thread was eight minutes old. Not sure if it's the price (other custom led kits and their harnesses are under $100) or the look of them. Does the red look like that in person or is that an effect of the video? I wish we had a longer video with actual gameplay.....oh F it. I want them. I'm sending my PM now.....

#32 9 years ago

I agree with other, that if this was integrated into the code and had a diffuser for the light strips, this would be huge. Turn on the full show for Bogey and pulse once when a shot is made. Great job on this one

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man, I've had my finger on the trigger since the thread was eight minutes old. Not sure if it's the price (other custom led kits and their harnesses are under $100) or the look of them. Does the red look like that in person or is that an effect of the video? I wish we had a longer video with actual gameplay.....oh F it. I want them. I'm sending my PM now.....

Spot reserved! The reds in the video are looking a bit more pink than in real life, I think the saturation in the video needs a bit of tweaking.

#34 9 years ago

Would you consider making a set of these as replacements for Data East Star Trek 25th Anniv pin?

They are badly needed for the game and have not been reproduced...that I can find. You'd have a large market for them and would not need to develop a controller board, just use the one already in the game.

Thanks
Tom

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

Would you consider making a set of these as replacements for Data East Star Trek 25th Anniv pin?
They are badly needed for the game and have not been reproduced...that I can find. You'd have a large market for them and would not need to develop a controller board, just use the one already in the game.
Thanks
Tom

That is a great suggestion. After making the IM chase lights we will take a look and let you know what we find.

#36 9 years ago

We have one more spot left!

#37 9 years ago

All spots have been filled!

Thanks for everyone's support. We will be contacting those on the pre-order list in the next couple of weeks with additional info.

We have opened up a waiting list, so if you want our Iron Man Ramp Chase lights PM me and we will add you to the list.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

Are these basically this strip:
http://www.adafruit.com/product/306

And a simple controller board?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I like them a lot, but unless they trigger from actually hitting the ramp, I'm not sure I see the point. That's all they really have to do (other than ideally go off during attract mode and maybe when large objectives are achieved) is trigger when you hit the ramp, that would be awesome, and make sense.

I'm in if you guys find a way to implement them like this....more interactive to the gameplay, than just chasing all the time.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm in if you guys find a way to implement them like this....more interactive to the gameplay, than just chasing all the time.

Ditto. It looks cool but I'd rather it chase the ball when I actually hit the ramp.

#41 9 years ago

I'm in and I hope they make it interactive as well. Keeping the faith they will!!

#42 9 years ago

I've been hacking around reading the switch/lamp matrix from an arduino...it's not that hard.

#43 9 years ago

I expect the interactive version ...

#44 9 years ago

Thanks for all the support! We're working hard on these and appreciate all the feedback.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well said !! I got the call & I'm on the list ,, but i'd like the light's to interact w/ the ball also , instead of a Continuous light show .. I'm Sure U guy's can do something !! Up-load another video when U have the mod Dial'd N .. B_R

#46 9 years ago

Yup , this mod needs switches tied In to the ramp shot . When that happens I'm interested .

#47 9 years ago

The yellow top ramp flashers appear to fire when you hit the ramp shot so you could tie to that rather easily, although they also fire for a lot of other reasons. Tying to the switch matrix is probably best.

2 weeks later
#48 9 years ago

Quick update: We have completed 4 of the first 10 ramps and they will start shipping soon! As soon as your ramp kit is ready to ship we will send you a link where you can enter your preferred shipping address.

Stay tuned for more info. Thanks again for everyone's support!

#49 9 years ago

Very excited!!!

2 weeks later
#50 9 years ago

Update: We have started to contact people on the wait list letting them know that their IM Ramp Chase Lights are ready to ship! The first 6 are ready to ship so check your Pinside mail for payment and shipping info!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ramp-chase-light-mod-pre-order-by-professor-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.