Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210308_170956 (resized).jpg
83E6F962-62B7-413A-8745-84AABECF0337 (resized).jpeg
Iron Man (resized).jpg
460C0B9C-3E41-4B21-9487-9E3E35D08895 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hi, i recently got a new iron man classic which i absolutely love. Every time i go out and play other games, i'm always reminded that i made the right choice with my first pin purchase.

Question, does anyone have issues with the ball getting stuck just above whiplash during gameplay? this seems to happen to me more than often than not and i have to tilt the game or remove the glass during game play to get the back back in play. any tips on how i can solve this? maybe my playfield isn't leveled properly?

there's nothing more frustrating when you are close to getting DoD or Jericho and your ball gets stuck!

Thanks in advance!

-Jared

#2 3 years ago

Perhaps your game is missing the round plastic above the stand up targets? I’ve never had this happen on my game. Here’s a shot of mine for reference.

If it’s there then perhaps your flipper rubbers are sitting too low and causing air balls... could be something on the playfield as well. Misaligned target etc... try and pay attention to what the ball hits next time it happens. Or have somebody film a game in slow motion until it happens. That should help you narrow down the culprit. Good luck!

460C0B9C-3E41-4B21-9487-9E3E35D08895 (resized).jpeg460C0B9C-3E41-4B21-9487-9E3E35D08895 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

IM was my 1st home use machine as well.

I have the vault so there may be minor differences with the playfield and ramps. I seem to get balls stuck behind war machine and I do not recall getting stuck behind Whiplash. I use an app to check the level of the machine every couple of weeks when I clean and wax.

#4 3 years ago

I can't remembering this happening on Whiplash or War machine. The only place my ball can get hung up is in very back when center post is down and slow ball catches on the lip. I have over 4000 plays on mine. I wish I could offer a solution.

Btw, congrats on getting this game.

#5 3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your responses! So your photo and comments inspired me to look closer and it look like there is a 1" bumper (aprox.) laying on the playing field around the post. I wonder if the previous owner new this was an issue and put this here to try and "bounce" out the ball when it wants to gets stuck. the ball gets stuck between the one post with the loose bumper and the one just below the gray post (same post that GorillaBiscuits mentions). Is the post below the gray plastic supposed to have a tiny bumper on it? Maybe that could be why?

ill post a picture next time its happens.

Thanks again for all your help!

Iron Man (resized).jpgIron Man (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

it look like there is a 1" bumper (aprox.) laying on the playing field around the post.

That ring is broken. Note the gap in it. It should be a full "donut" shape and should be stretched around that post and the segmented post topped by the gray spacer next to it.
See pages marked P12 and P13 in the manual.

#7 3 years ago

Whoah nice one @rca1!!!

Strangely I also have a broken ring in the same spot haha. I’ve been lucky to not have any ball hang ups and it’s such a weird viewing angle I’d have never noticed it otherwise.

Guess that’s next on my repair agenda

83E6F962-62B7-413A-8745-84AABECF0337 (resized).jpeg83E6F962-62B7-413A-8745-84AABECF0337 (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

Yep.
Should look like this.
I think that ring takes an awful beating in that location.

20210308_170956 (resized).jpg20210308_170956 (resized).jpg
#9 3 years ago

You guys are awesome, can’t thank you enough. That’s absolutely what it was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-question-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.