By Litedpinballmods

1 month ago

Stats

• 80 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by pcprogrammer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1111171307c_resized (resized).jpg
1111171307b_resized (resized).jpg
1111171307a_resized (resized).jpg
1111171306a_resized (resized).jpg
1111171306_resized (resized).jpg
1111171305c_resized (resized).jpg
1111171305b_resized (resized).jpg
1111171305a_resized (resized).jpg

There are 80 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 33 days ago

Checking on a sale price. I am taking this to Florida Free Play next week end to sell, PM me if interested.

Good shape, only thing I see negative is the Whiplash wear on that plastic.

It has been home use for last 4 years maybe longer. I expect it was routed at one time because of shooter lane.

Has armor, upgraded popper caps and shooter rod. Original caps are in the game.

Thanks
Dan

1111171305a_resized (resized).jpg

1111171305b_resized (resized).jpg

1111171305c_resized (resized).jpg

1111171306_resized (resized).jpg

1111171306a_resized (resized).jpg

1111171307a_resized (resized).jpg

1111171307b_resized (resized).jpg

1111171307c_resized (resized).jpg

1111171312a_resized (resized).jpg

#2 33 days ago

I'd say $4200-$4400. I have had and sold 4. Don't ask. Great pin!

#3 33 days ago

Good luck on that whiplash magnet... you'll have a hell of a time getting that out. On top of that, that playfield might be messed up there. Its a problem area if its been neglected like this one.

Oops, I see you are selling. Im having a hard time selling mine for $4400 and I have a bunch more done to it and cleaner. Also, that magnet will be a sticking point for a lot of potential buyers.

#4 33 days ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Good luck on that whiplash magnet... you'll have a hell of a time getting that out. On top of that, that playfield might be messed up there. Its a problem area if its been neglected like this one.
Oops, I see you are selling. Im having a hard time selling mine for $4400 and I have a bunch more done to it and cleaner. Also, that magnet will be a sticking point for a lot of potential buyers.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have never noticed anything wrong with the magnet, what issue do you see from the picture? I don't like to hide any problem.

My comment on the Whiplash is the "Whiplash" lettering that is on the plastic is worn off in the middle.

#5 33 days ago

Magnet area looks very clean to me. I recommend a Cliffy carbon fiber magnet ring to keep it that way

#6 33 days ago

Hes saying it would be hard to remove the core because its mushroomed badly, but the core goes up when you take it out, my first im was like that, wasnt too bad to fix.

Id say around 4500

#7 33 days ago

That shooter lane is beat. Routed most likely as you mentioned.

The way these sit now this thing is 4k tops. Im thinking $3800. Regardless I would not buy one that looked like that for myself. There are much nicer examples out there.

#8 33 days ago

3700-3800 tops with the wear

#9 33 days ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Thanks for the feedback.
I have never noticed anything wrong with the magnet, what issue do you see from the picture? I don't like to hide any problem.
My comment on the Whiplash is the "Whiplash" lettering that is on the plastic is worn off in the middle.

The whiplash magnet is very mushroomed... Depending on how bad, It could have chewed up the wood and actually warped the playfield down, creating a dip where the magnet sits.. Ive seen it numerous times. Removing it sometimes can be a pain as stern used some crazy thread lock on some of the cores... I had a 3 foot pipe wrench on one to budge one I had years ago. I agree with $3700-$3800 due to the shooter lane wear.

#10 33 days ago

It's VERY easy to remove the magnet. It goes up through the PF, not down. That area looks quite good actually...

Quoted from vbittnv:

#11 33 days ago

That mag just needs the right tool and will cme out easily. Game looks clean overall. As others have said, four k is your range on this one IMO.

Powder package looks nice also.

#12 33 days ago

Lol @ a little black scuffing in a shooter lane making an iron man worth sub - $4,000.

I’m not seeing that. Never seen an iron man go for under $4,000 and neither have you.

#13 33 days ago

Although Rare, my buddy picked up a nicely modded 2010 version for $3,600 in Albany from a pinsider (forgot the name) it was a smoking bargain. Than he had a hard time getting rid of it for $4,200 ended up trading it with a st pro for a monster bash. It was HUO not routed either.

#14 32 days ago

#15 32 days ago

4K-4.2K

I own a heavily modified original IM (74 game/HUO) and a heavily modified Vault (180 game/HUO) (Both have Color DMDs, Polished Brass/Powder Coated Hardware, Flipper Fidelity, etc.)

I am guessing in this market 5.5K would be really pushing it for either game.

#16 32 days ago

After the IMVE was released most people who really wanted one got one. I had an HUO IMVE with zero wear, a shaker, mirror blades and the same pop bumper caps and it sat for a couple months at $4600. So that price was above market. I wound up finding a trade I was looking for and finally moved it.

I would list this IM with some wear at $4250 OBO. I would be expecting to get haggled down to $4000. If I wanted to move it faster I would list it at $3950. Anything under $4000 would get people’s attenton.

#17 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol @ a little black scuffing in a shooter lane making an iron man worth sub - $4,000.
I’m not seeing that. Never seen an iron man go for under $4,000 and neither have you.

You should hear the offers I've gotten on mine recently.. and its cleaner than this one and has more on it. Ive gotten at least a dozen offers under $4k for mine. Either the market is crap or something else is up.

Quoted from pinballkyle:

It's VERY easy to remove the magnet. It goes up through the PF, not down. That area looks quite good actually...

Yes, it goes up IF you can get the nut off... if you are one of the unlucky ones its a disaster.. just ask me how I know.
Also, depending on how much is mushroomed and if the edge is sharp, unscrewing it can damage and chew up the playfield. Also, you cant tell from the side but there is a possibility of the playfield being pulled downward due to the mushrooming.. it happens all the time. If its so easy to get it out, I suggest to take it out, grind the top flat and reinstall. Will help put peoples minds at ease. Not trying to crap on this machine but rather remind people here that this is why stern switched magnets... We all know Stern is cheap and would never add money for fun... its an issue if neglected.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That mag just needs the right tool and will cme out easily. Game looks clean overall. As others have said, four k is your range on this one IMO.
Powder package looks nice also.

So other than a wrench and a large screwdriver, what is this "right" tool? I'd love to know for my next magnet swap...

#18 32 days ago

A little heat on the nut and then break it free. Absolute worse case you can drill out the core with progressively larger bits. Not fun but can be done.

In this example, that is only minimal mushrooming.

#19 32 days ago

I sold a mint HUO IMVE last month with shaker, custom backbox and under cab lighting.
Perfect game and it sat weeks until I dropped it to 4500

#20 32 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I sold a mint HUO IMVE last month with shaker, custom backbox and under cab lighting.
Perfect game and it sat weeks until I dropped it to 4500

Then I wouldn't get much more than 5K for one of my machines.

Good to know.

#21 32 days ago

At $4-4.5K IM is a LOT of pin for the money and one of the better Sterns out there IMO. A lot of people don't like to play it as its mean and fast. I couldn't stand it when I first played it, but after 10-20 plays I've really taking a liking to it myself. That polarizing like/dislike is probably affecting the market price, especially with Vaults out there as well....

#22 32 days ago

I guess I’m keeping my IM. There is no way I’d sell (a huo one) for less than $5k. Way too much fun. Few other pins match the IM excitement and challenge.

#23 32 days ago

3.8-4.1k for this game! GLWS

#24 32 days ago

Prices are coming down.... especially stern pins it seems.

#25 32 days ago

Sounds like Iron Man is a relative bargain these days. It's one of the better Stern games.

#26 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds like Iron Man is a relative bargain these days. It's one of the better Stern games.

Yes it is. Also, Iron Man is still a good route piece and the theme remains relevant. That alone will keep prices from falling too far on this game.

#27 32 days ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes it is. Also, Iron Man is still a good route piece and the theme remains relevant. That alone will keep prices from falling too far on this game.

I can say first hand IM is a great pin to route. Earns very steady and pretty much never breaks.

#28 32 days ago

I wouldn’t sell mine for $4500, nothing less than $5k. They didn’t make that many originals and I heard vaults were in the range of 300-500 made, but I’m not really sure about that. You don’t see many out there, at least I haven’t. None at Allentown, pintastic or York, if I recall. Not even sure if I saw one at tpf.

#29 32 days ago

IM is on my shortlist because it’s absolutely my style - short games, great theme, fast gameplay.

At $5K though, there’s too many other options out there. I can get a NIB Stern for a few hundred more than that.

My sweet spot for IM would be $4-4.5K based on condition. Anything more than that, it’s a pass.

#30 32 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I can get a NIB Stern for a few hundred more than that.

True, but it’s not an Ironman. Ironman is better than many nib games right now, including sw. the only still in production pro I think is as good as Ironman is Metallica.

#31 32 days ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I guess I’m keeping my IM. There is no way I’d sell (a huo one) for less than $5k. Way too much fun. Few other pins match the IM excitement and challenge.

Quoted from Lermods:

I wouldn’t sell mine for $4500, nothing less than $5k.

I archived my ad for my HUO pro which I thought was a great price. The cash offers I received were laughable so I'm taking my IM and going home.

#32 32 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Prices are coming down.... especially stern pins it seems.

Have you followed the prices of Hobbit, Full Throttle, and RZ over the past year? Desirable Stern titles like IM actually haven't been hit as hard.

#33 32 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I archived my ad for my HUO pro which I thought was a great price. The cash offers I received were laughable so I'm taking my IM and going home.

I agree, Mine is at $4400 and I'm not budging. I need the space to switch up games, thats all.. Im going to move and get more space before I lower it !!

#34 32 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Have you followed the prices of Hobbit, Full Throttle, and RZ over the past year? Desirable Stern titles like IM actually haven't been hit as hard.

Yep ..most used prices are coming down some but stern le/premiums seem to be really coming down. It was bound to happen once nib ones went over 7k . Still for a hobby the return is better than most after your done.

#35 32 days ago

Wasn’t Iron Man $6,000 - $7,000 a few years ago?

#36 32 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wasn’t Iron Man $6,000 - $7,000 a few years ago?

Yup, but then the vault came out and satisfied most of the demand.

Higher supply now and sale prices have dropped. 4500 for nice originals, less for vaults. 4k seems typical for ones similar to pictured. Maybe 4200 due to extra trim package which looks nice.

#37 32 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4500 for nice originals, less for vaults

Disagree. Vaults have always been valued slightly more. The high res decals and being coded for LED and generally being five years newer being the reason why. Stern did not have any play field issues with the IM Vault runs, I’ve had two of them.

#38 32 days ago

From what i have seen the original is slightly higher. Either way it is only a couple hundred difference.

I for sure would take original over remake, but then again i value an og for being an og.

#39 32 days ago

i paid 4400 for nb im ve
why should it be 5000 2 years later?
sold it for 4400 to get kiss le. big mistake

i am looking for a very nice im local to me and not looking to pay more than 4200 in this market.

#40 32 days ago

Vaults are priced higher. The vaults are a little nicer overall and newer with less plays on them in most cases.

#41 32 days ago

I've been thinking about a Tron Pro lately. Iron Man has been a test case though, the Vaults drove the value down of all Iron Man pins by bumping up the available supply. I'm afraid if I buy a 6k Tron right now it will take a dive in value to $4500 if they Vault it next year. We cycle games out of our house frequently so this is important for me to think about. If they make the Tron Vault a little nicer like they did for Iron Man then it will further drive down the price of original Trons.

#42 32 days ago

I don’t think the original compares to the vault. Molded figures, lit iron monger, decals, better speaker panel.

#43 32 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don’t the original compares to the vault. Molded figures, lit iron monger, decals, better speaker panel.

Yea, I think Stern really got it right with iron man vault. They hit a home run.

#44 32 days ago

I recently paid 5500 for a used IMVE refinery edition - pinduino ramps, color dmd, Stark Industries topper, undercab lighting, lots of other upgrades. It's an awesome game. I may have overpaid a bit, but it was on my wishlist forever.

#45 32 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I for sure would take original over remake

It's not a "remake" when the same company makes it, it's a rerun,

#46 32 days ago

I'd sell my VE for $50,000. I would have asked for a $100k, but that would be absurd.

It is currently the "hot" game in my house. I'm playing it like it is an obsession. However, 50k could pry it out of my hands. And that is purely because it's value to me in the fun I have playing it is worth WAY more than the money. As log as it is set up correctly, IM is some of the best pinball made. There are other games I rate higher, but when it comes to satisfaction, Iron Man delivers.

#47 32 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I can say first hand IM is a great pin to route. Earns very steady and pretty much never breaks.

Agreed, mine is out of rotation right now. It has been on and off location a bit since I bought it new. It is a reliable piece, besides normal maintenance all I have had to do is replace a few transistors, a couple of coils, two switches, a nylon plunger and a broken pop bumper bracket. Not bad, and more importantly it was all work I could do myself. Good ole SAM system.

#48 31 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've been thinking about a Tron Pro lately. Iron Man has been a test case though, the Vaults drove the value down of all Iron Man pins by bumping up the available supply. I'm afraid if I buy a 6k Tron right now it will take a dive in value to $4500 if they Vault it next year. We cycle games out of our house frequently so this is important for me to think about. If they make the Tron Vault a little nicer like they did for Iron Man then it will further drive down the price of original Trons.

I just brought a Tron LE, I thought about the same things you did for all of about 3 seconds, admittedly I wont ever sell mine so the potential value drop is not an issue for me, but if do buy one and it gets half as much play as mine, you will certainly get your monies worth, or you could buy one now play it for 6 months, to scratch that itch you have and then sell it for practically no loss before a VE is announced and then pick up a VE later in the year!?

That way you don't have to wait, plus we all know waiting in this hobby is impossible and having to wait for a Tron VE sucks

#49 31 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I just brought a Tron LE, I thought about the same things you did for all of about 3 seconds, admittedly I wont ever sell mine so the potential value drop is not an issue for me, but if do buy one and it gets half as much play as mine, you will certainly get your monies worth, or you could buy one now play it for 6 months, to scratch that itch you have and then sell it for practically no loss before a VE is announced and then pick up a VE later in the year!?
That way you don't have to wait, plus we all know waiting in this hobby is impossible and having to wait for a Tron VE sucks

Is a tron pro really as much fun as an le? Was hoping a vault would include the drop targets.

#50 31 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Is a tron pro really as much fun as an le? Was hoping a vault would include the drop targets.

Really? There's no real difference in gameplay?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.50
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.00
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Gaylord, MI
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 80 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside