(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2679 7 years ago

I'm about to join the club.

Is there an LED list for the game ? Specifically could do with the inserts. Colour and type (wedge or bayonet) would be great.

#2681 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Don't LED it without an OCD board, you'll lose some nice effects. Most inserts are wedge in the later Sterns.

I'm not getting an LED OCD board mate until I go to the US later this year. The price difference between the US and Europe is mental.

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So that's where the IM from Tilt in Birmingham went, congrates my man
Like Paul mentions without OCD original run IM have LED ghosting & you loose a lot of the lamp effects with non-ghosting LEDS as well as the VE when set to LEDs. OCD is amazing allows you to keep all the cool lamp effects on IM without sending you into a seizure
Although I wonder if you can put the VE software into an original IM and at least give yourself the option to set lamps to LED? Anyone tried that? I might go check the read me and see if they also added that option to the original IM code

Can't wait to get it. I love hard games.
I will probably put incandescents in it until I get an OCD board.

2 weeks later
#2693 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a definitive IM mod list anywhere?

I am going to be making some EL wire whips for mine this week. Got the parts for less than £10.

#2695 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

stoptap yeah I've got led figures ready to go, they where my first thing to check off and i have a new sticker for the monger lid which looks great!
Also got a great Ironman figure I'm trying to put LEDs in chest, hand and helmet for the eyes see how that goes as I progress, going to add him near or around the ironman targets.
And I've got another Ironman figure and 2 raptor jets, want to do something with the ramps as Bogey is such a good mode would love to have something on the play field that ties to that mode.

I have the Monger Lid decal too. Looks much better with it installed.
My game has speaker lights, a shaker and LED behind the Monger.

I will eventually put LEDs in my Whiplash and War Machine figures but as I have only just got it I am playing it all the time.

#2697 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ah yes the IM from Tilt, how is she?
And which of the 3 lid covers did you go with?

It cleaned up real nice. I have fixed all the small faults on it, rebuilt the flippers and swapped the ropey LEDs for incandescents. Plays perfect.

I went with this decal.

IMG_7915 (resized).JPGIMG_7915 (resized).JPG

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great choice same decal I went with, I know there are a couple others but that one just adds something extra to the area. Look at the playfield still looks flawless, just goes to show those that say Stern haven't changed their playfileds might want to look closer at older games, looks gorgeous there stoptap congrates on getting her in the home!

Cheers mate, really pleased with it. I did have to put a new DMD in as the one it had was shot. Fortunately the game coming in coincided with me putting a ColorDMD in my Walking Dead.

I bought a Spider-man that looked like it had never been cleaned. Cleaned up fantastic, no wear anywhere. Stern playfields were super hard wearing before last year. Shame as I have been tempted by a NIB Metallica.

#2705 7 years ago

Home made whippy, lighty whips.

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dude those are way brighter than mine. Well done!

I bought the Ultra Bright EL wire. Although to be honest I'm not sure how much brighter it is. The inverter is being over driven as well from the flasher circuit. I have some 12v voltage regulators if it is too much for the inverter.

1 week later
#2735 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Could you share where & how you connected the EL wire? Most of the kits i see are battery. Thx

Will do. I will upload some photos later.

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Could you share where & how you connected the EL wire? Most of the kits i see are battery. Thx

Right, here we go.

Here is the EL driver.
IMG_8030.JPGIMG_8030.JPG

Re-spliced EL wires.
IMG_8029.JPGIMG_8029.JPG

Wires spliced into the lead from the driver.
IMG_8026.JPGIMG_8026.JPG

The whole whip assembly.
IMG_8025.JPGIMG_8025.JPG

Connected to Whiplash flasher.
IMG_8032.JPGIMG_8032.JPG

Final connector (driver to flasher).
IMG_8033.JPGIMG_8033.JPG

That is it. It is currently running off the 16v from the flasher. The driver is rated at 12v so it is being over driven. I tested it at work at this voltage with no problems. It is dimmer at 12v. However if the driver fails I will use a voltage regulator to drop the 16v down to 12v.

#2740 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Thank you, going to give it a shot! Where did you get the driver?

Job lot from China (they ALL come from China anyway) bought via eBay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172267331225

Bear in mind that if you use the ulta el wire (as I did) that the driver can only power 1/2 of its stated length. For example the drivers I linked above can do 5 metres of regular el wire, whereas the same driver could only do 2.5 metres of ultra el wire.

EL wire I used. http://elwirecraft.co.uk/el-products/el-wire/ultra-el-wire-high-intensity-super-bright-polar-3/

Another thing to pay attention to is that el wire is tricky to cut and splice. Check YouTube for tutorials on how to do it.

3 weeks later
#2753 7 years ago

Sometimes my IM doesn't give a credit when the credit score is reached (I have it fixed at 30,000,000). I thought it might be a CPU problem but I swapped it with another game and it does the same. Anybody else noticed the same thing ?

Ps It is running the latest code.

#2755 7 years ago

Somebody posted in another thread how you can get the Extra Ball shot lit (not just as a random award). I can't remember which thread or how to do it. Anybody know ?

1 month later
#2792 6 years ago

Avatar is the most similar game to Iron Man. It is also a beautiful pin to look at. I actually find IM easier than Avatar.

1 week later
#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there a bug with the Super Pops in IM? I just got done playing a game and the Super Pops counter kept resetting, and incrementing too. For example, it said 15 hits left and maybe I got 5 hits in (down to 10) before the ball went to the flippers. Shoot the ball back up and 15 hits left again.... Then 17, 20, 25, 26 hits left..... That makes it impossible to complete on a single ball.
Rob

I believe there is something that resets the counter. I can't remember what it is though. Not much help but I don't think it is a bug.

2 months later
#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Not only can he reach the buttons now, but he's also much better than me. (2yrs, 7months).

He was better than you when he couldn't reach the buttons Paul.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 24.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=stoptap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.