(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,521 posts
  • 316 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 745 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

29FE3FB2-4C49-450D-9F33-575D757C078B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg
thumbnail-1 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-7 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-6 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-4 (resized).jpeg
2222 (resized).jpg
5555 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpeg
4444 (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2517 2 years ago

Hi,
Will from France. I just acquired today a very nice IM classic, i'm very happy .
But flippers are a bit weak (settings on hard). They are the same left and right and reference is 090-5032. In the manual it's a 5032 for the left and 5030 for the right. So i need to change at least one coil. I would like to know if i can upgrade coils, put a one level stronger for each one? It seems that in the IMVE, Stern puts stronger coils than the classic, is it true? If yes, can someone give me reference of the coils?
It's my first Stern pin and i'm much more used to B/W pin so... If you can help me, it's nice.
(I want to upgrade coils cause i like fast games but of course a rebuild kit is on the way)

Thanks!

#2518 2 years ago

Also i have an other question: the stock red display have lines out (3), that's really annoying and i want to replace it with a used DMD. Can i bought a DMD from latest Stern like ACDC, ST for exemple or it doesn't fit?

#2519 2 years ago

Reference of my display (red) is 520-5052-05 and it seems that it can be replaced by the newer ones 520-5052-15. Can somebody confirm that? I contacted Stern but no answer yet.
My IM is a Euro version and it have a different display than the US version (us version is a standard Dot Matrix who can be used in DE, Bally/Williams etc..)

#2522 2 years ago

Thanks a lot!

1 week later
#2566 2 years ago

Hi guys,
does anybody have problems to adjust music and sound effects volume? I would like to adjust music volume louder than effects, i tried everything in the settings (volume from 1 to 15, music volume at -60, -20, 0, +30 etc...) and nothing changes. I hear no differences at all.
Code is 1.83.
Help please.

1 week later
#2578 2 years ago

Am I a bad player or the Super Jackpots on IM especially for the Whiplash and War Machine MB are super hard to get? Maybe i have to work my "pin-fu" but wow... BSD super jackpots are a lot easier compared to this.

I hope one day Stern will do a new code with a real skill shot and a more atainable DoD MB... This game deserves it.

#2580 2 years ago

Yes i already try a few games with post disabled, but i prefer enabled. Changes are significant for the shields awards too, i think the game is better with the post enabled but i agree, the skill shot is boring.

#2582 2 years ago

We must submit a petition to Stern for a new code! We can make it

7 months later
#2785 1 year ago

I live in France and Iron Man is the best for me

#2788 1 year ago

Since i have Iron Man (my first Stern) i am desperatly in search of others Stern similar, with the same intensity, speed brutality and fun. But i don't find... And i had many...
I will get soon a Avatar, not the same ratings and reputation but i think it will be close to IM, i hope
I already had SM, Tron, TWD, LOTR, XM, ACDC, MET, all are gone. But IM will leave the day i'll lose interest in pinball

#2794 1 year ago

Thanks for your feedbacks!

#2801 1 year ago

BOM?

#2805 1 year ago

IM vs anything, IM wins

#2808 1 year ago

If i have to keep one pin, it would be IM easily. This one will never leaves my house, never ever.
Well, i already have my coffin

#2810 1 year ago

Chuck Norris achieves Do or Die Multiball the first time he plays IM

1 week later
#2856 1 year ago

I had MET, gone with no regrets. I don't find this machine to have a great flow, i find it clunky, and boring after awhile.
Too much cheap drains and not fun and adrenaline rush like IM. It was a big deception for me.

3 weeks later
#2930 1 year ago

Hmmmm no.... Do or die starts at 35 millions.

2 weeks later
#2957 1 year ago

I put Iron Man - Black Sabbath on game over sequence with a fade out and it's very nice.
I also changed the music of some sequences like WM multiball, Whiplash multiball and Bogey with some Stoner/Heavy rock tunes (Atomic Bitchwax , Wet Cactus and Sasquatch) and Iron Monger MB with QOTSA - Misfit love and since i do that my IM is the best pin in the world it's just the better "mod" i do. This pin have some badass stock sounds and music and now it's perfectly perfect.
I will share the code soon if interested.

2 months later
#3055 1 year ago

Hi guys, here is link where you can find my custom sounds code for IM Pro and VE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

If you like it, tell me!

2 weeks later
#3071 1 year ago

I don't change sounds, just musics for some parts. No ACDC or dubstep Black Sabbath for mine. Changes are described in the topic linked.

5 months later
#3214 1 year ago

What is your updated code? Is it mine with Black Sabbath Iron Man for the Game Over part?

#3216 1 year ago

Maybe it's my code, i also change musics for Whiplash and War Machine MBs, Bogey and Iron Monger. If you like it, then thank you
IM is a great game, my favorite Stern

1 week later
#3230 1 year ago
1 week later
#3249 1 year ago

Iron Man of the Galaxy?

1 week later
#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have been enjoying this sound mix. Awesome multiball remix. Plus it plays Black Sabbath at the end of the game!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

Thanks! I'm glad to see there's other people than me who likes my code

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That’s a holy trifecta of modern gameplay right there. Iron Man, Metallica & Iron Maiden.

I have IM and Met Pro and i think about buying IMDN, i'm not a big fan of the band but the layout is killer. If IMDN is a big adrenaline rush then it will be in my gameroom for sure!

1 month later
#3303 11 months ago

You can't have more than one ball in Jericho.

9 months later
#3485 64 days ago

Hi guys,
what do you think is better for IM, ColorDMD LCD or LED? Does the LCD fits well with the pixelated animation from the movie?

#3489 64 days ago

Does the LCD is more reliable than LED? I had several red dmd led installed with an additionnal line or pixels missing...

1 month later
#3518 16 days ago

Hooked on Pinball

After owning at least 35 pins, i'm sure my Iron Man will never leave. In fact, if i'm not interested in pinball anymore, i will keep it, just because it's a perfect game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Morgan Hill, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside