(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Anyone else play with their kids like that?

Yep. I did with my three when they were young and now I do it with my four grandchildren. We share flippers all the time. Lot's of fun. Sort of like doubles tennis . . . not knowing what your own partner is going to do!!!

I have two little granddaughters about the same age as your little girl. Your little one sure is a beauty! I know you are proud.

Mike in Kentucky

2 weeks later
#734 9 years ago

I received my NIB Iron Man VE today, and I was never so shocked when I turned it on to see such a fabulous light show! It knocked my eyes out! This is a gorgeous machine. I have only played a few games on it but I just had to post that I've now joined the club! This thing is awesome!

Now, all I have to do is learn all the rules! That's always the hardest part for me with a new pin. Can't seem to memorize all of them. If anyone knows of a 'cheat sheet' that simplifies what to do, then please post it on here.

Mike in Kentucky

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#758 9 years ago

I have had my IM VE for two days now and man . . . games on this pin are the shortest I've ever had in my life! It's like no time and you are on your last ball. For you purists, you will shudder, but I put it on 5 ball play. That only extended the game about a minute and a half! Ha. So, I took everything off of Factory Pre-set and put everything on "Easy", and maxed out ball save. I got a lot of excitement but barely racked up any more points. I was still pressing the 'Start' button almost as much as the flippers!

Next was tinkering with those outlanes that gobble balls so quickly that you can't even see 'em going down. I moved the two posts to the narrow holes. Hell . . . they ate the next balls as fast as if I had done nothing to them. And don't let me get started on the STDTM!

I hate to 'cheat' anymore, but I'd like to have more than a 3 minute game. Looks like I'm heading toward setting it on 10 balls, a potential 50 "Extra Balls", and putting rubber bands on the outlanes to block them off.

2 months later
#922 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I will not play it first anymore . . . all my other games feel distorted after a few games on IM.

Same here!!!

Mike in Kentucky

9 months later
#1472 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes I have both the Whiplash and War Machine figures modded plus a Marine Drone in the back (I served 8 years in the Corps).

Hats off to you for serving, Grinder! I too served. Two years Active Duty during Vietnam and 32 years of Army Reserves. My father was a Marine . . . fought in WWII on Iwo Jima and Guadelcanal, then in Korea. I always liked you, but now I like you more!!!
Mike in Kentucky

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.