(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4047 3 years ago

gentleman: have read through all 81 pages of this thread, lots of beautiful machines and cool ideas

picked up an IM original recently, such an ass kicker! perfect complement to my LOTR and TWD pro ( an ass kicker too but definetly a longer journey to get to the wizard modes)

machine has the cointaker led backbox mod , shaker, leds and a few other mods , plans for some figures mods , speaker lights etc. and I think it will need a color dmd

running code 1.83 is there a link for the 1.86 code with the updated music for the original?

I know everyone loves a subwoofer for IM , the backbox speakers look really wimpy anyone upgrade these with some thing other than the flipper fidelity option?

1 week later
#4061 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Welcome to the club!
It isn't just that I love a subwoofer for IM, I think it is almost required. The bass line when the ball in the shooter lane is just lost without it. IM and Tron should be mandatory. Other games can benefit, but those two really need it (Tron just for the start of LightCycle).

Just hooked up the Polk 10 subwoofer , I see what you mean about the bass line , big improvement!
hooked up LOTR to the other sub input, adds a lot to that as well.

Planning on sharing the subwoofer with twd as well , as long as all 3 machines are not on at the same time I can not see any drawback to them sharing the subwoofer .

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i use 1 woofer with 2 games. 1 uses the left input, the other the right. Can never have issues. 3 games in 1 woofer is a risk in my book.

risk to the subwoofer?

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

No, a risk to putting a signal from one game into the speakers of another game and back through to the sound board... even if turned off. The risk is probably low, but i wouldn’t do it either. With the 2 channels in the subwoofer (left and right) there is circuitry in the sub to prevent the signal from one pin “backflowing” for lack of a better term to the other pin. To do three inputs, you would have at least 2 cross wired together for most subs that only have 2 inputs. This all assumes you are taking the signal from the pin speaker and not through a 3rd party board (pinwoofer?). I’m not sure how those do it and maybe can accommodate multiple inputs?

ah thanks , I wonder if putting a diode on each speaker wire set would suffice to prevent the "backflow "? otherwise I think I will get a passive speaker selector box for the 2 pins that will share a subwoofer input

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Has there every been a better designed game to kick you straight in the nuts for a missed shot?! Brutal

adding to the brutality is other than the ramps there is so much randomness of the ball returning from shots you "make" .

Does any one live or dead catch the shotgun from war machine?

#4082 3 years ago

Been working on my IM pro ,
Installed chest light and orange and yellow cannon light on war machine.had cannon leds hooked to war machine flasher but way to brief to appreciate so hooked to gi
put a white led strip under war machine plastic

Put a lead chest light to monger and an orange flasher behind him triggered by hits,very cool

Put red led beneath the targets for whiplash and a star post light on the post behind him,He got a chest light and el wire whips

Chest light in land assault drone and hand and chest light in iron man .went all conceptual and each figures chest light will match its insert color
put blue lights behind ramps will try red or maybe yellow

Made a custom shooter rod and installed coin reject insets. Thanks aurich!

Installed speaker lights

Can anyone twist my arm to get a color dmd?

20200809_211219 (resized).jpg20200809_211219 (resized).jpg20200809_211243 (resized).jpg20200809_211243 (resized).jpg20200809_211235 (resized).jpg20200809_211235 (resized).jpg20200809_211227 (resized).jpg20200809_211227 (resized).jpg20200809_211129 (resized).jpg20200809_211129 (resized).jpg20200809_211322 (resized).jpg20200809_211322 (resized).jpg

#4084 3 years ago

ok arm twisted, of course it needs the color dmd!

I tried to get your acdc code to load, I had the stern 1.86 and yours on the same stick and I thought it would prompt me for which one to upload but it just defaulted to the stern version. I will erase the stern from the stick and try again .

#4098 3 years ago

Went with color dmd hugely better will mess around with all the setting options

Got around to lighting the topper and added a mark 1 arc reactor it has a crazy level of detail for a pinball machine

20200816_210854 (resized).jpg20200816_210854 (resized).jpg

20200816_210915 (resized).jpg20200816_210915 (resized).jpg20200816_210806 (resized).jpg20200816_210806 (resized).jpg20200816_214954 (resized).jpg20200816_214954 (resized).jpg
#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

That’s awesome. Where did you get that, eBay?
I wanted to buy the one in the glass case that says “Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart” but it requires assembly and I don’t need another project.

Yes from ebay,required assembly ,a whole bunch of little pieces but goes together quite nicely.drank a nice beer while putting it together took about an hour

1 week later
#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Buy a subwoofer, right now. Don't even think about anything until you have ordered that. Before you doll the game up, it has to sound right. And without a sub hooked up, the entire bass line is lost. Even with the ball sitting in the shooter lane, it sounds so weak without it. You can thank me as soon as you get it hooked up.

I was skeptical at first but the subwoofer is a must!

then a color dmd ….

to enhance " the world under glass" after that get an iron man and a drone or two from ebay . put leds in the chests and do war machine
and monger( with flasher led behind him too) too.

for more bling speaker lights and acrylics or similar ,the powder coated legs are pretty sharp too

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I was skeptical at first but the subwoofer is a must!
then a color dmd ….
to enhance " the world under glass" after that get an iron man and a drone or two from ebay . put leds in the chests and do war machine
and monger( with flasher led behind him too) too.
for more bling speaker lights and acrylics or similar ,the red powder coated legs and arc reactor bumper caps are pretty sharp too

1 week later
#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Alright dont say I never do anything for you SOB's, spent a few days messing around adding callouts, typical shoot to thrill/sabbath but just cleaned them up and made them sound right to me. Changed whiplash music to stuff from the movie (didnt like the MB music) and added about 20 callouts for the hammer drones, warmachine and TS/Ironman. If you like it let me know!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKHwojnusuDQGOY_0DYSz0lz-YqwemMK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks will it work on the original IM?

#4119 3 years ago

downloaded the teddy b mix, works fine on the original pro model and is pretty cool. will try that bastard libtech's mix next.

thanks to both !!

#4120 3 years ago

found a reasonable cost solution to having all 3 of my pins on one polk sw 10 subwoofer, IM and LOTR in the 2 speaker inputs and TWD with a pinnovators subwoofer board to the rca input. all sound great!

( tried 2 pins sharing one speaker input, I could hear the sounds in the cabinet speaker of the pin that was off, did not like)

1 week later
#4135 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

You BETTER enjoy it when you do! (or teddys)

Ha, I am enjoying the teddy b for now but I am sure I will like yours as well. I will let you know if I don't !

#4136 3 years ago

Added a head to replace one of the flasher domes, the eyes are lit and they flash when the flasher lights

20200918_222317 (resized).jpg20200918_222317 (resized).jpg

Thinking about some type of visual reminder mod about the number of tilt warnings left, typical after a few rapid games as is typical for IM I lose track of them and then get the one good ball going and then SPLAT!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!

1 month later
#4173 3 years ago

have been playing around with using the led lights on war machine to indicate number of tilt warnings, works good but still not 100% correlation with the machine tilt warnings , trying to add a debounce routine but with my limited arduino programming skills it is not done yet , if anyone is proficient in that i would love to hear from you

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Excuse the AIQ it’s on the end of the lineup so easiest to mess with. Will be adding a base to mount them all to securely with small spots in front of each armour to light them up a little so you can see the armours more and I’ll probably drill out the arcs and add chest LEDs so it’s film accurate.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

that looks really good!

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

Question about color DMD. Can you run the custom code that is above and have a color DMD installed? I'm not sure how everything works together.
D.

the custom code is for the audio, no problem in using with color dmd

#4187 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks, my plan was to have it just lit, but now I’m thinking I might connect each armour to the playfield inserts. Mark 7 would have to be wired up with mark 6 maybe?

you know I was going to comment on the 7 figures and only 6 marks on the playfield but I figured I would let my ocd ride! that would be cool to light them with the corresponding mark on the playfield, if you are doing chest leds maybe have them light ?

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

Does anyone have the Flipper Fidelity interactive translight? It looks sooooo cool in the videos!
D.

I have the cointaker version , the flipper fidelity looks to be a little better done in the flashing of the arc reactor on the chest.

they are an improvement over the fluorescent tube while the game is in attract mode or if you are watching someone playing but you will barely notice it when you are playing

2 weeks later
#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a copy of the new code with the custom audio soundtrack-Iron Man playing at the end along with shoot to thrill? I have the 2010 run

I have the teddyb one, have not tried this one yet but seems pretty cool

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/84#post-5905306

1 week later
#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Finally installed my LED monger, whiplash and war machine, while I had monger out I instead the sector 16 decal, really adds to the playfield and looks great when the little window starts flashing and lights up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good, I believe that decal is no longer available? interested in one if anyone has one they are not planning to use

1 month later
#4250 3 years ago

nice improvement for the cost of 2 smd pads!, I just took a comet led strip and attached it to the outer surface of the ramp behind the backboard with some 2 sided foam tape .

then I kicked it up a notch with a pinduino board and soldered up some addressable led strips for the rails , ramps backboard and trough....

1 week later
#4255 3 years ago

Those flipper buttons look really good,a perfect touch on a stellar IM

1 week later
#4275 3 years ago

haha, would love to see a picture of the balls they probably look like meteors

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Gold balls fit IM perfectly
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice touch! gold nuts , washers , screws and other hardware where available might be really cool.

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Don’t get me thinking

too late , the seed has been planted!

#4292 3 years ago

Added a mark 2 reactor to the topper,it has a red led flasher in the center that is tied to the pop bumper insert

20210125_213755 (resized).jpg20210125_213755 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4311 3 years ago

El wire for whiplash seemed too dim to compete with all the other led light sources so I have been playing with fiber optic whips,cool stuff with interesting properties,not super bright but definitely brighter

20210208_214642 (resized).jpg20210208_214642 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4323 3 years ago

I am always thinking I should take on a big project machine,I look at the mass of wires in the bottom of this cabinet and think no way!

1 week later
#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

$1.89 Key chain
[quoted image]

or a 69.99$ shooter !

im shooter (resized).jpgim shooter (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4343 3 years ago

the ramp broke after 62 days , how long did you wait before emailing stern about having it covered under warranty?

1 month later
#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone have this topper? Mine came without the complete harness. I ran the 2 wire connector to the 12v and his eyes/hand light up, guessing the ribbon went to some color changer remote control pack but unsure. Any way I can get that strip to light up with just wiring somewhere? I think I need something like this to also wire into 12v amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking topper,that amazon link looks like what you need

1 week later
#4402 2 years ago

Completed Jericho! , what a trip , in the beginning everything you hit gets an explosion and as you progress the lights and sound go off on the shots you have completed so even though you are making a shot if is not the right one it feels like you are bricking .

By the end it was like hand to hand combat, hit a shot - explosion, trap the ball , hit another shot - explosion, complete a series cool jericho video and explosions , at the end major noise and video. never noticed before but the reactor lights on the playfield light for each objective you complete during it, very cool.

made a shooter plate cool metallic mirrored, might have to go for powder coating to complement it! have an extra few if anyone wants one , pm me , best
price just like 27dnast
20210506_173722 (resized).jpg20210506_173722 (resized).jpg20210506_173620 (resized).jpg20210506_173620 (resized).jpg

#4404 2 years ago

Made this up for the coin door,came out a little flashier than intended, to match the look I might have to give the iron man figure on the play field a heavy gold chain necklace and maybe some shades

20210509_100341 (resized).jpg20210509_100341 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4425 2 years ago

I like the first update listed at 1.86 code" remove shield add a ball from do or die multiball"

Has anyone ever gotten there to worry about this?

1 week later
#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Upgrading the tiny figures....
Will post a video when complete.[quoted image]

Great looking figures! Very detailed are you going to do chest land whip lights? Where did you get them?,

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Really like what you've added, always thought IM looked a little bare in that department.
Wouldn't el wire look better for the whips? (cause its thin) The discrete led's in the strips would be visible along the rope unless you're hiding it inside something to diffuse it or are you looking to use addressable ones and add something a bit more crazy to it?

The whips are so nicely detailed it

Quoted from KJS:

Yes to start button. I'm using these new ones on all my custom restos now as they are a much nicer finish.
The original one was a bit mangy around the recess edges.
Hi Koops. El wire would be ideal but it's never bright enough imo. Have tried a few types.
Yes going to diffuse the mini strip I've ordered.

i too never had any luck making el wire bright enough to compete with the other led lights on the playfield. i did my whips with fiber optic , brighter than el but not super bright. it will be interesting what you come up with the led strips , they seem like it would be too bulky but perhaps you plan to use them in a way i do not imagine.

i was thinking maybe some microleds along the length of the yellow" electricity" but that may look too twinkly and a challenge to hide the wiring

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Led strip showed up a lot quicker than I thought.
Loving the results!

looks awesome! if possible please post a closer pic of how you have them mounted on the whips .

#4471 2 years ago

well done! , i have a limited attention span so i am all for bright shiny objects for my IM.

another way to do the whips would be to use 3mm cob led strip , it looks more like cable and less like a led strip

2 months later
#4494 2 years ago

inspired by jakusu , i did over the whips on whiplash and his base . the whip lighting is super bright and is a perfect effect at the start of whiplash multiball that he is getting ready to mess you up.!

20210816_204340 (1) (resized).jpg20210816_204340 (1) (resized).jpg

#4496 2 years ago

20210819_192053 (resized).jpg20210819_192053 (resized).jpg,I assume you mean this?

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I like the magnets and mark 3 blue insert is fine. /shrug

I forget but does the mark 3 blue insert have some significance in the gameplay?

1 month later
#4615 2 years ago

I am in for a set

#4621 2 years ago

such a brutal and fun game! if you were at 15 M you were not at final wizard mode do or die multi ball but at the do or die mode you get for lighting all the characters, hitting the center spinner gives you 35 M(50 M on old code).

to get to do or die multi ball you have to COMPLETE all 5 character modes, they will flash when completed and will stay flashing on the next ball when you drain.

1 month later
#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Could someone explain what task is needed to light the extra ball?

Completing the iron man targets twice, I think an eb is sometimes awarded as a random special from the shield bonus as well

6 months later
#4802 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Hey gang helping a friend with their IM (2010). The upper post will always pop up immediately on the plunge, regardless of left flipper press. Shooter lane switch is fine in switch test. They are on 1.83 and doing an update today. Anyone know if this was a code issue in the prior version or what else to check on this? No other switches seem to be closed in the switch test. Thanks in advance!

I may not have this right but I think there is a setting in the adjustments menu to disable the upper post ,default setting is "up" on plunge

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.