(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3860 4 years ago

Considering buying an Ironman. Interested to know the differences between the original 2010 machine, the 2014 VE and the new VE. Which one should I buy and why?

1 week later
#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I would expect the 2 Vault editions are the same. If you can find an older one in nice shape for a decent price , you’re not losing anything.
The OG is incandescent bulbs and the older wooden speaker panel, the magnets without the protective metal ring. Not much point in reaching that far back. Now.

Quoted from maffewl:

The answer is always a brand new one. As mentioned before, if cost comes into play, I'd try to get a good quality 2014 VE.

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Original old wooden backbox and factory incandescent bulbs.
VE has metal backbox, LEDs and factory protective decorative decals around the magnets (you can hardly see them).
RE-VE is as above but has larger factory protective metal ring around the magnets, just like TWD and SM-VE.
There may be some differences in the figurines too.
I’d buy a VE if the price is right, but a RE-VE if money was no object - just for those improved magnets.

Quoted from J85M:

Originals where built like tanks! The 3 I know of including mine haven’t had a single issue between them, glass has only been off for cleaning and waxing. Playfields still look fantastic.
First vaults seem to be pretty solid too.
Biggest issue buying a new re-Vault is Sterns current build quality and quality control or lack of, with Ironman I’d buy older an original or first edition vault, if you play it a lot Ironman gets pounded and I just can’t see Sterns new soft playfields holding up too well.

Quoted from HIPPY:

I bought an original, nib,in 2010. Absolutely no problems. Not even a switch. Built like a tank is correct.

Thanks for the replies and opinions. Today I had the opportunity to buy a very nice previous run of the VE's. However, the price was around $800 less than the expected price of a NIB. I decided to pass and wait for the new ones which due to land here in May or June.

#3921 4 years ago

To be honest, I don't see either as a big deal. Replica decals for the magnets and matching LEDs for the inserts if you absolutely have to have them coloured.

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Only issue I really have is the blue insert.
There is no way to make for an end user to fix this. How can they make it like the others?
Add a comet matrix light splitter and add 1x green and 1x red led to it?
Then block the others so these colors don't bleed thru?

Quoted from koops:

Only issue I really have is the blue insert.
There is no way to make for an end user to fix this. How can they make it like the others?
Add a comet matrix light splitter and add 1x green and 1x red led to it?
Then block the others so these colors don't bleed thru?

With the amount of feeling about the colour of the inserts, they must have some significance to the film?

1 year later
#4474 2 years ago

What are the options for a new owner in relation to the modified versions of the 1.86 code? From what I've read there are several different ones with alternate music packages. Interested to know what exactly is out there, thanks.

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Yes, me too please.

3 weeks later
#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

Sounds good, please tell us more. Is there a list of changes? Same music as the original code?

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea I uploaded it a while back but was told my link wasnt working so double checked! here are the changes:
Final update (not that anyone cares lol) fixed a few sounds I didnt like
Features:
-Shoot to thrill for WMM
-Daft Punk for Whiplash multiball
-Sabbath for ending
-Added ~20 callouts

Excellent. Thank you for your effort. I will download it soon.

1 week later
#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Code with updated and added callouts : this is the working d/l link https://drive.google.com/file/d/196TiE_Rm5jkiWq5Bq26PJa6-naZerJOb/view?usp=sharing

libtech thank you for making the file available. Just wanting to confirm the file size is 28.3MB? Copy to the root directory of a USB stick and then update in the normal way?

2 months later
#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Only need 1 more commit for the reactor pop bumper caps retired last yr from Hooked on Pinball. Who’s in for the last spot?

I'm interested. Is a complete disassembly of the bumpers required to install?

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

No, just the caps come off, but getting to the one under the ramp requires one to lift up the right ramp in order to get to the pop bumper cap

Thanks PinRob . Ok, please count me in for the 10th slot.

1 month later
#4668 2 years ago

Does anyone know when Stern is running more IM?

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They are doing a tiny run of them this month.

Thanks.

Quoted from Micky:

The current run is sold out in Australia. We will have to wait and see if they run another batch next year.

I am lucky enough to have paid a deposit months ago for a game in this run, and at the time was told December delivery. Glad to know they're due on the line later this month.

3 weeks later
#4704 2 years ago

Reading in another thread that the latest run of IM VE games has been postponed indefinitely.

#4706 2 years ago

Reading in another thread that the latest run of IM VE games has been postponed indefinitely.

Quoted from newpinbin:

Did they say why?

Screenshot_20211229-065427 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211229-065427 (resized).jpg
#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

[quoted image]

The same thread goes onto say that there are 5 other games also in the que for runs. Hopefully distributors inform their customers with deposits of this news. I have an email into mine and hope to hear something after the Christmas/New Year holidays.

1 week later
#4720 2 years ago

With new Ironman VE's most likely now not going to happen. When did Stern run Ironman last, anyone remember?

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I was able to get a VE from their mid 2020 run.

Ok, thanks. So it's been 18 months since the last run?

3 weeks later
#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Reactor Pop Bumper Caps Update - Hooked is thinking week of the 14th. Stay tuned…..thanks

Unfortunately, I'm now out with Stern cancelling the run of Ironman.

6 months later
#4828 1 year ago

Shame Stern never produced the last promised run of these games. I had my deposit in with our distributor for over a year, was also on the list for a set of these caps. Ah well, maybe some day.

5 months later
#4861 1 year ago

Finally joined the club today with a nice IMVE. Just ordered a set of bumper caps from Hooked. Happy days.

1 year later
#5012 26 days ago

Nice, good job KJS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.