(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,570 posts
  • 321 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Kiwipinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 779 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7BC5EA95-50A2-4F1F-8093-03F12933F22B (resized).jpeg
A3BB0AD7-4CF1-4700-8802-C45CDD065571 (resized).jpeg
508FD162-A60C-4F5B-AF15-F6CE36DA4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4393 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4390 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4391 (resized).JPEG
9FC31C20-7765-431A-919F-E573545374DF (resized).jpeg
3133C0CA-19A2-4857-9741-5B1E0BA97A79 (resized).jpeg
5BA4D231-1B21-4FD8-8F3B-4F1E6123C435 (resized).jpeg
DB96BD92-2707-4259-9A70-0046301B91D3 (resized).jpeg
D3EA9E85-FD3B-4220-85B9-A1BB091C59B4 (resized).jpeg
006E6FF0-5AF8-4BBD-BC8F-EA37C9755118 (resized).jpeg
CE05D204-D433-4043-98D0-021F25A8C1DB (resized).jpeg
DC6750F8-DF8A-4FF0-9070-349BFEE136C9 (resized).jpeg
Iron Man Whiplash Target Anti-sway topside (resized).jpg
Iron Man Whiplash Target Anti-sway under playfield (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

Wow, nice game! Are you sure the outlanes are not closed up!?

#15 5 years ago

Yeah, but the 50 million shot is awesome! Are there any sound or DMD changes?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pin is on all factory settings, but the outlane posts are in the #1 (most closed) positions.

Oh, that explains it then...put those outlanes back!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Second from the bottom I believe. Definitely not all the way open (4th hole).

Nope, it's the 3rd hole from the bottom for both sides. Put them there...and when you do get a great game it is even sweeter!!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

According to your ratings, it's 7th.

Ratings don't always correlate to reality.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You mean his ratings are outdated? Or that your favorite game won't always be rated #1?

Favorite game doesn't always rank number 1 when you do the ratings.

#167 5 years ago

Yep Maddog, you have never achieved do or die multiball. I guarantee that. Also, no multiball is awarded for a do or die (not multiball) shot. You get 2x everything for the rest of the ball. Also, your bogey ramps thing is not exactly correct for making it to Jericho. You technically don't need bogey at all to get to Jericho. You just need to start 6 major tasks (monger, drones, war machine, whiplash, ironman, shield inserts complete, bogey). Some of these can be used twice too...for example ironman counts every time you spell it.

1 month later
#356 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I don't want the fundamental rules of the game to change. I think people have covered the basics of what needs to be addressed.
My comment was more tongue and cheek joking than anything; along the lines of reading where a new code is coming out or released and people do not want to upgrade because they would lose the scores.
200MIL+ on Iron Man is a rare occurence (at least in my house) and the fact that I just scored another game that high and beat Jericho seems about in line with a new code coming out where I lose what I just did
And even if the code added an earnable extra ball, that would be pretty signficant (except for tourney play).

200M on my IM has never happened and never will!!

2 weeks later
#376 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ah, but of course! That's exactly what happened. Hit DOD for 48 million (I'm on version 1.4), then went straight to Jericho after that, completed it, and therefore got 100 million (instead of 50 million).
Pin is bad ass.

Put those outlanes back to stock settings!

2 weeks later
#477 5 years ago

Put the new VE code in my original IM today...noticed a few added light effects. Most notably when launching the ball and when the war machine kicker fires. Very nice. Tried both settings for lamp style: incandescent and LED. I have ghost busting LEDs installed and couldn't tell a difference in insert lighting between the modes. Flash lamps suck on the LED setting though. They just come on solid instead of flashing or fading. Weak. Will definitely leave it on the incandescent setting. I also thought the quality of the movie scenes on the DMD went down...not 100% sure, but I don't remember them looking that bad before.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is that possible? I love IM but the dots are pretty turrible.

They did it to SM to save space...possible here too.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Is the Monger chest light on a separate flasher now, and if so I assume if I update the software on my original I would have to do a small wiring MOD to make work the same as the VE.

Didn't check, but I assume that is the case.

#485 5 years ago

VE is 1.81. If you have an original use version 1.82.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

doesn't appear to be too much of a difference in the code, has anyone noticed anything major in their old games with new code?

Nothing major. Added lighting effects here and there are cool, however I think the DMD graphics may have been compressed because from my memory they look a tad worse.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing major. Added lighting effects here and there are cool, however I think the DMD graphics may have been compressed because from my memory they look a tad worse.

Yep...I just read the read me. Looks like they "compressed some artwork for memory management" in version 1.6! That was when the quality took a hit a bit. I had been running 1.5 before this. Too bad. Oh well.

5 months later
#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I like to stack. Get your drones out of the way first, then start Monger. With Monger up, hit the War Machine shot to start his multiball. Finish off Monger to start his multiball, then rake in some jackpots.
I also like to stack bogey mode with Whiplash.
You can stack War Machine MB and Whiplash MB, too.

NEVER purposely shoot the drones. They will happen by playing. They are death targets.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think the code is done well enough that it only raises the post to drop the ball into the pops when super pops are qualified. I have Monger start set to hard so it doesn't come up when I shoot the orbits if Monger is ready. Disabling the post to me takes away many big scoring potential and doesn't improve the game play enough to eliminate that.

I wish it only rose for a right orbit shot. It always bounces back on a left orbit shot. Easy software fix I would guess.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I think he means the ball comes half way down them has to exit out the square side cut. Happens some times.

I've never had it happen. Not once. I think there is a leveling issue.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've not had that happen either, I set my game up the same way.
What I DO have happen, though, is the ball hits the rubber stop at the end and bounces backwards a bit instead of falling right into the lane...anyone else have that? Only on the left side, right side never does that. It's like the ball is going so fast it ricochets backwards off that stopper...

I've had that a few times...no biggie to me.

1 week later
#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Brandon from Arcade Upkeep made me these. Thanks Brandon!

image.jpg 264 KB

I think you've crossed the line into "gaudy" a ways back...

1 month later
#971 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I hear ACDC is like that.

Negatory.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay WTF! Been playing IM everyday since I got it (Minus the Saturday I was gone) and I can't even tell you how many times I've reached Jericho.....7-8-9? and not once.....not ONE DAMN TIME has it lasted more than than 30 seconds......not once! In fact tonight I got to it twice, the first time I hit the ball exactly ZERO times......ZERO!
I will defeat you Jericho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh....one other thing. How do you get to, or know when you've started DOD? Can't recall ever seeing it but I thought it always comes before Jericho? Need to figure that out so I can figure out how to set up double scoring for it (Yes I know how to start double scoring....just not sure about DOD).
Oh I installed these tonight :
2015_03_05_21_03_58_ProShot.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You light all the characters on one ball to get do or die lit at the center shot (center shot hurry-up starting at 35M and counting down fast). You light all the Mark inserts over the entire game to light Jericho at the center shot. You will know when it happens.

1 week later
#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think you have to hit all the iron man targets to start fast scoring and then hit all the targets again to start double scoring.

Yes, it's the second award. Also...don't forget about the DoD shot.

#1039 4 years ago

You could have DoD ready to go and still activate the double scoring first. DoD, when qualified, does not officially start until the ball is shot through the center spinner.
And the Marks are not related to DoD.

Exactly...that's pretty much how it has to happen. You need to light do or die first (or die or die as I like to call it), then go for the double scoring from IM. Otherwise you have to light and make DoD within the 30 seconds. That's a lot tougher.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Which one do you prefer? IM or IMVE

I don't like Sterns newer cabinet style and I prefer incandescent GI so I prefer the OG. Both are awesome though...it's IM!

1 month later
#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Got an IMVE on Thursday night. Spent WAY too much time on the weekend playing it (the wife's away which is PERFECT timing!).
Someone please tell me what just happened:
I had ALL of the Mark inserts lit. I had ALL of the character inserts lit AND flashing.
I couldn't make the middle spinner shot (had about 2 tries at it) before draining ball 3.
That would have got me into Do or Die multi ball, a VERY rare feat, correct?
Edit: I've just learned that all the inserts (characters anyway) start to flash when Do or Die countdown is ready to start. So that's what I had -not the full flashing for all characters for completing them all.
False alarm. Carry on.
Nothing to see here.

Ok, yep I was about to call BS as even the best players in the world can't get there...

4 weeks later
#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sorry, I meant that a direct hit to the Monger itself wasn't always registering. It seems a little more consistent now, could just be a breaking in period. Had better luck with the ramp today, so we'll see if the game is still just settling in. It was NIB, so it might need a few tweaks and breaking in.

IM sensitivity is adjustable...

3 weeks later
#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I find that most of the animations are actually not bad even though they are digitized. The only one that is truly bad and makes you think 'what was that?' is whiplash (not the mb one). It seems to be 3(?) quick scenes all spliced together and the last part is tough to make out.
Too bad we will probably never see a colordmd for this game.
Rob

They are all pretty bad ecxcept the non-movie clips.

3 weeks later
#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So noob question here that I've never asked nor seen written somewhere. Pinbits plastic protectors, over or under the plastic? Black Widow is over while Nick Fury is under
image.jpg

Ive always done under...

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just got my Iron Man ( original ), fitted a shaker and LEDs. Wow the ramps on this machine are terrible quality, so thin!. Are they still this bad on the VE or have they made better ones? My right ramp is cracked but has a protector over it.
20150708_095854.jpg

Same in VE...make sure the protectors are in place.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When the war machine kicker blasts the ball back at my flippers it can knock down a raised flipper. Is this to be expected or do my flipper EOS switches need adjusting?

Thats not right...

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I still don't like the fact that they reduced the DoD shot from 50 million to 35 million points on the latest software version.

...and they compressed the videos, which already weren't great looking but you could tell what they were. Now they are just blobs of moving pixels.

4 weeks later
#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Do or die hurry up is awesome.
Iron Man Fast scoring was about to finish and I saw the center light flashing and thought, "Hmmm maybe I have do or die ready". I told my brother I had to hit the center shot to start it and so I cradled the ball in the right flipper and hit the center shot and started Do or Die.
Then it began to count down and the pressuee was on. I hit it at around 31 million. Felt great.

31M?? Update your code!!!

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Whats wrong with his code? It starts at 35mil on the most current code.

My bad, was thinking it started at 25M for some reason.

1 month later
#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I'm not one of the "most people". Had Tron and tried to like it. Even modded it up. Just couldn't get into it. LOVE Iron Man.

Make that two. I love IM, Tron...not so much.

1 month later
#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I have that happen quite a bit on my IM. May be because I play it so much!

Hmmm, I haven't seen that even once in 5 years. Weird.

1 week later
#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Fantastic!

1 week later
#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

FYI- not to take a sale away from Herg, but LEDOCD is not necessary with a vault edition.

It is if you want any of the cool effects.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Jericho is much easier to get to than DoD hurry up and it's also more fun to play. Getting to it isn't that hard.... Finishing it is another story.

I respectfully disagree. DoD Hurryup is the best thing in the game.

1 week later
#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Joined the club last night and bought a original run IM!

The best version!

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I'm embarrased to admit that after owning this game for over a year, I beat Jericho for the first time tonight.
What a rush!!

Embarrassed? That's not easy. I haven't done it on mine yet and I've had it years! Of course mine is set up tough as nails.

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have finished Jericho twice.... once the hard way (one ball) and once the easier way (carries over to the next ball). Just yesterday I got one shot away...... One!

That "easier" way is for pussies.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

my thoughts/experiences:
156M is literally unthinkable on my game. Your son is well beyond good or your game is exceptionally easy. I get to Jericho all the time and have never finished it on factory, no carryover. had for a cpl mos now. There is a force in the outlanes, magnetic, that literally grabs the ball and laughs at me within one or two shots after starting Jericho...it's rough. my high is 80 or 90 simply due to a double scoring do or die.
I'm finding now that I own IM that machines vary DRASTICALLY more so than any other title I've seen. 30-40 on my game is an accomplishment- whereas every other IM machine I've played I can do significantly better and 30-40 is meh.

Same with mine...100M is out of reach on my game, though I reach Jericho most times I play. My outlines are open all the way though and is really really tough. Sounds like his son is exceptional or his outlanes are closed some?

#1694 3 years ago

Yes on factory, reaching Jericho is impressive as is any score breaking 100 MIL.
However, I am sorry to rain on the parade, the pics show the left outlane post is all the way down. If that is how the game is set up, that is not factory. The position of the outlane posts makes a huge difference in this game.

Oh, there we go...yep, set up for pussies!

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's actually starting to get a little old and sound a little dickish. Tell you what anytime you'd like to go head to head on IM best of 10 on any setup you choose I'd be happy to oblige.

Maybe I beat you, maybe you beat me? Who the f cares? When you close in the outlanes all the way it neuters the game and makes the score irrelevant. That's all I'm saying. Open them back up. It's more fun when you do reach stuff then.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Slight change of topic: are any of you tempted to sell your IM to fund an SMVE, even just a little bit? I picked up my IM in 2012 when I was looking for a SM. I still love IM, but I have to say that I'm watching SMVE with interest.

IM is polar opposite to SM. SM has loooong ball times and a deep ruleset. We all know how IM is...it's a 1-10 minute game. A game of SM can take 45 minutes. Thats with the outlane posts set to the top holes. I'm lucky enough to own both and both are 10s for VERY different reasons. I'm watching for SMVE for a possible trade up of my regular SM, but do really love the cab art, translight, sound bytes and music on the original. Waiting on seeing the total package if it comes. The PF art is the only place the original lacks in my opinion.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Wasn't the original IM the first machine to feature the horrible new latch system and lose the service rails?

Nope, mine has the regular latch, coffin lock, and better head design...but it does have the horrible playfield posts! It could be the first with those.

#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Fully agree, way more fun with the carryover I can see.

4 weeks later
#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

beat Jericho! that was so fun, similar to MET's crank it up- didn't get much on the two different times I had dbl scoring though so ended up with 151 game. had to use all warnings and eventually tilted ball three upon starting my 2nd DOD hu. brings me to a question- does anyone else have the problem of the ball frequently falling STDM upon the entrance starting shot for DODhu?
example: dod start is lit, hit it up there to start, post rises up, ejects ball backwards at medium speed (instead of into the pops slowly) it happens to me all the time, I virtually always have to use a warning to smack save from a STDM drain. was this intentional design or is my game a lil extra mean in that regard. you do all this work for DODhu and then need to be on your toes and have a warning left to even get maybe one shot at it

That's never happened on mine. There should be a one way gate there.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

This is not a new run, it is an "Edition" just like a "Limited Edition". The cabinet structure, decals, playfield figures (changes to them, e.g., Lit Iron Monger and single cast construction), and LED lighting are different. And different enough that it warranted a $1k bump in price.
If you were to buy a NIB IM you'd want to know darn well if it was a 2010 or the 2014 release. To say it makes no sense - makes no sense.

Hate to break it to you...but those changes didn't warrant a 1k hike in price. In fact, some changes were cheaper for them. Coming out 4 years later after WOZ and pinflation was the cause of the 1k increase.

1 week later
#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Did J Borg ever say why the left sling is bigger than the right on IM?

To make it drain more.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I went completely backwards and took out ALL the cold-whites from stock VE and replaced EVERYTHING with warm-whites. I like the warm retro look better. Gives me a nice cosy feeling.
Only added 5 reds in some spots.

IMG_0008_(resized).JPG

Looks much warmer...THAT'S the way to go. Looks great!

2 weeks later
#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

In da club!!!!
Original IM with a new PF. Man this thing is fast and fun! Have a shaker on the way and already hooked it up to a sub. Holy crap!!!!
The sound package....
Any chance anyone has or knows where I can find the war machine or whiplash plastic? Both of mine are busted and I'd love to replace them.
Cheers!

image_(resized).jpg

Have ColorDMD in TAF, but not IM or LOTR?? Not the direction I would have gone if I could only have one.

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Give him 5 minutes.....sheesh, he just got the thing.

LOL...more for LOTR than IM I guess.

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hehehe......
TAF is the wife's baby and it came with the color DMD. If I tried to move it she would end me.
LOTR or MET is slated for one next. How do you all find color DMD in IM to look?

It's a vast improvement. You can actually tell what's going on in the graphics with color. MET is awesome though, I'd go that way first over colorizing IM to be honest.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

double scoring Jericho is the holy grail. I've had double scoring DODhu and still got less than 100m!

Yeah, but DoD is ONE shot! Jericho takes like 50 shots.

1 week later
#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Random shield award. No?

Yep, random.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Do any of you have Titan silicone rings on your IM? What has been your experience with it?
I like Titan, but the posts are a lot thicker...it makes the war machine shot even tighter.

image_(resized).jpeg

Get Cliffy's posts instead.

#2102 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My favorite is when it throws it OVER the slings....done it several times now.

You've got an issue if it's doing that...magnet not level?

1 week later
#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey guys, I asked for them so Matt from Back Alley Creations and Joe from Laseriffic hooked us up.
I felt like the sling plastics with Nick Fury and the Black Widow were odd choices considering neither are featured in any way in the actual game. Yes both are characters in the second movie but that's about it.
I wondered how some actual artwork on the slings would look.
Take a look and give some feedback:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I like the blue the best with the game on.

1 month later
#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

swamp and I are buds, but let me make sure both sides are represented
for what it's worth- I'm a Vault owner and I disagree. All things 100% equal (location, condition) if you're shopping for a game, you're going to pick the newer vault. Vault is also called LED version by stern. It's boards "accept" LEDs without ghosting. While not drastic, There are differences between the two machines. I personally will always pick the newer game when given a choice and all things equal.

I would actually honestly choose the original if both in same condition. I don't like the newer backbox style and the lighting effects are gimped on the VE.

1 month later
#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

"Stripped down" was and still is a nonsense phrase. I'd put the BOM for IM up against any of my other Sterns. Stern gave us 2 magnets, 3 spinners, the war machine kicker, and a bash toy that stays out of the way when it's not in use. All in addition to the standard 2 ramps, 3 pops, etc. That's a full-featured game.
The one thing IM lacks is a saucer, scoop or VUK. These things all bring the ball to a dead stop, so I'm glad they're missing from IM.

Well, it was more of taking the support rails out in favor of posts and the plastic apron instead of metal in addition to the seemingly barren ruleset and cheap Hasbro Walmart toys.

2 weeks later
#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just picked up an iron man today and love it! Got to do or die three times scored it once and chocked getting to Jericho on that game too! Already surpassed the Gary Stern high score that hadn't been passed yet! Played about 20 games mainly within that 5m bracket got it pitch at 11deg for that brutal feeling

11 degrees? LOL...ok.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Or a bit steeper... 7.9 on the playfield. And yes, it constantly kicks my ass!

That actually makes it easier. Less side to side motion and outlane drains.

3 weeks later
#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can pretty much guarantee this. Will be interesting to see where it settles. Not like it matters though...

It should settle right where IM is now.

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

So I went out of town after picking up my IM and just got back today. Now that I made it through this thread, I've got a pretty good grasp of the rules.
Long story short, qualified for DoD for the first time and I hit the shot for 23M. I was nervous as f*ck just trying to finish off Monger and qualify for DoD. Put up a new GC on the game with 145M and I can't wait to go back for more. Settings are pretty much factory I think (no set extra ball awards, code has DoD as 35M, etc). Outlanes are second from the bottom, and I think that is how the VE shipped? I guess I may have to change them

Yeah, VE shipped with the weak outlane settings. OG shipped like a man's game. Outlanes all the way up.

1 month later
#2561 3 years ago

I thought the disc type batteries didn't leak...don't they just lose power?

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Shouldn't have posted the WIP video so early in the day I guess. This is probably about what it will look like at expo. I fancied up several of the display parts, and flipped the 'start' and 'ready' animations because they make more sense in this order.
And, I know that the laser spin is really the 'end' of the battle and would make sense for the super, but it's war machine's multiball, so I gave him the glory on the super jackpot.
Did you guys know that any_ shot to the WM kicker during the first 20 seconds of WM Multiball will add a ball -- not just once? I didn't.
» YouTube video

I did not know that! Good to know.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not a video mod. I don't know how you could fully do that with all the dynamic elements. I'm rewriting the entire game. The intent is to replicate the gameplay as best I can. However I do have other ideas about how some of the video is handled, for example the first time you do the WHIPLASH multi ball, it uses video from the race track. But on the second round in the same game I'm using the stuff from the end of the movie with full-metal WHIPLASH.
Really, what I'm doing is stupid. It's a monumental amount of work just to make the display look different. It makes no sense. I just like making things.

Keep on making my man!

2 months later
#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

Should whiplash mode always end when down to one ball? I've found myself in single ball whiplash mode several times, and it seems wrong.

It should end when down to one ball.

3 months later
#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Have you seen the thread about colored nuts?

Errrr...

1 month later
#2761 2 years ago

I haven't played my IM in months, had a spare 30 mins earlier tonight, and not jokingly probably played about 20 games in that time. The game just kicked my ASS tonight. Literally every missed shot drained immediately with no chance to save it. Balls draining off the plunge without ever flipping the ball. IM and Whiplash throwing it down the side. God, I hate this game sometimes!!! Almost broke my hand slamming a table in frustration. LOL, I'll be back you mutha-effer...I love you.

1 month later
#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Can you guys please tell me if its easy to put a shaker on a Original Iron Man, in the next few days im going to adquire one, people says that is a must have on this machine...
Thanks

It is very easy, though you'll have to drill the cabinet to mount it. Note that Sterns particle-crap-board cabinet bottoms are VERY soft. Use a fully charged drill at high speed with a sharp bit and go slow. I blew out the bottom a bit attempting to drill my first hole for my shaker by being too hasty. It's pretty easy to do other than that.

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's IM that has made me rethink Star Wars. Star Wars came out and looked pretty barren...Then I remember that was the same slam people had against IM (I did too). Boy was I wrong about IM and Star Wars (hopefully) is the same way. If it has speed and adrenalin then it will make into my house someday. Sooner if this whole Alien thing doesn't shake out.

IM was $4k when I bought it. That was barely acceptable at the time. SW pro at $5400 with less than IM?

Maybe it will be awesome and maybe I'll eventually buy one, but I wouldn't ever shake the feeling of being fleeced on SW by Stern.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If that's the case then you should never buy one.

Agree.

Quoted from Astropin:

IM's sored all the way up to 7k before the VE announcement...they still sell for right around 5k with mods.

And?

Quoted from Astropin:

If the code is GREAT and the game is super fun then that's all you can really ask for and shouldn't feel fleeced.

Strongly disagree. We can ask for more. We've had more, why accept diminishing value on games?

Quoted from Astropin:

WOZ is LOADED...but I personally do not care for it.

Ok?

I guess I'll wait for a heavily modded SW pro at $5k in a couple years if it's fun.

1 week later
#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Karl DeAngelo recently achieved the elusive Iron Man "Do or Die Multiball" wizard mode on a live stream!
Enjoy the video.
» YouTube video
Nice job, Karl!
https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=5668
Note: "Do or Die Multiball" wizard mode is often confused with the more common "Do or Die Hurry-up", but it is MUCH more difficult to achieve, because it only becomes available when you COMPLETE each mission, not just start them.

1 week later
#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Hoping you can lend some advice here. I am going to look at an IM this week. Could use some advice on if you think it fits nicely into my smaller collection. Yes I realize it comes down to if I like the game but would like some feedback regardless. Right now I have LOTR and TRON. I love them both the same. I'm a mediocre player at best but get equal enjoyment from each. I really enjoy customizing the machines which is another reason I'm drawn to IM. Wondering what your thoughts are from those that know the game.

IM goes with anything. Get it!

#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hit Do or Die shot 3 times tonight. Once for 34,800,000.

You're playing with old code bro! 30,000,000 is the max for the Do or Die hurry-up shot. Upgrade to the newest!

#2931 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hmmmm no.... Do or die starts at 35 millions.

Ah, you're right! Nevermind!

1 month later
#2991 2 years ago

Is that a VE? That is placed a hole lower than stock on the OG.

2 months later
#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

My IM has always had a "hum" when you hold the flipper. The hum seems to be getting much worse. Any ideas if flippers need a rebuild or something with the soundboard? Am thinking of a pinsound but it sounds really good now except the hum

That's just common Stern flipper buzz. Something isn't aligned correctly or has worn uneven. A rebuild would fix it, but adjusting the assembly might too.

5 months later
#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting...I kept IM over Star Trek & GOT and would certainly take it over Avengers.

I’d take a pile of dog crap over Avengers!

1 week later
#3251 1 year ago

Yep, there is VE and OG IMs.

2 months later
#3321 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

F&#@, my led did not work...So I guess I already have all characters lit. However not really get time to read the display so I didn’t pay attention how to go to Do or Die MB when all characters collected.

Are you sure you don’t mean the Do or Doe shot? Not Do or Die MULTIBALL...that’s damn near impossible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 399.95
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside