(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1488 8 years ago

I'm trading both my BSD and JM for a NIB IMVE. I pick it up this Saturday ! !!!!!!

#1502 8 years ago

While everyone else was trick or treating, I was treating myself...

Goodbye BSD and JM, hello NIB IMVE-VE.

20151031_130038.jpg20151031_130038.jpg

20151031_203314.jpg20151031_203314.jpg

To prove it is truly NIB:

20151031_212501.jpg20151031_212501.jpg
20151031_212530.jpg20151031_212530.jpg20151031_212545.jpg20151031_212545.jpg

Thank you, Weirpinball for a beautiful game. He even threw in something a little extra as a housewarming gift - a shaker motor !!!

20151031_204413.jpg20151031_204413.jpg

I cannot begin to describe how fun this game has been. I have probably played this game nearly as much in one night as I did BSD for the year. SO glad I got one. Down to two games, and I could not be happier with my selections:

20151031_220549.jpg20151031_220549.jpg

Glad to be a member of the club!!!

#1506 8 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

I own a NIB IMVE and i must say that whenever i play it I smile! Where are you guys finding new ones? Who has new ones avail. and how much are the new ones now? I have a good friend who came over and played mine and would like one also.
Thanks,
Rob

So, Weirpinball had this game for a good little while just in his inventory - never had time to open it. He has a lot of projects, and getting IMVE-VE out of its box simply was not a top priority for him. He and I got to talking, and we worked out a deal for a two-for-one trade. Really, I pretty much got lucky.

I have heard that Trent over at Tilt Amusements may still have a couple NIB left. If you want one, you need to move because they seem to be drying up, and the smaller his inventory the quicker the price on the remaining ones could go up.

1 week later
#1525 8 years ago

Ok, maybe I am tripping or something, but I have noticed my WarMachine figure is missing his shoulder mounted minigun all together. Did IM ship without the WM gun? Did IMVE ship without it? Did I just get unlucky with my NIB game? I'm a bit confused here.

I see Whiplash's whips are in the goodie bag (I am leaving mine stapled shut), but I do not see War Machine's shoulder gun.

Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks!

#1527 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I dont think the original had the gun. (Not sure) But it might of becase it was an action figure.
Then Stern molded a solid figure for the VE, so its gone. I know that the VE definitely did NOT have the cannon.
Why leave the bag stapled? Put them in the game. It looks much better. Unless you are adding EL wire and Led chest lights instead.

CAM00216.jpg CAM00248.jpg CAM00432_1.jpg

I am adding the EL wire exactly like your original thread shows in the forums. Thank you so much for showing how to do this mod. Did you run into any troubles/difficulties/gotcha moments? Some have said if you don't do it correctly, the EL wire will be dim - can you vouch for this or the reasoning why?

#1530 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I dont think the original had the gun. (Not sure) But it might of becase it was an action figure.
Then Stern molded a solid figure for the VE, so its gone. I know that the VE definitely did NOT have the cannon.
Why leave the bag stapled? Put them in the game. It looks much better. Unless you are adding EL wire and Led chest lights instead.

CAM00216.jpg CAM00248.jpg CAM00432_1.jpg

He will now...

Got this one and I'll be LED'ing him up. Rather than pay $40, I figured I'd experiment with this one. Worst comes to worst, I now have the machine gun AND the cannon .

ebay.com link: Iron Man 2 War Machine 3 75 Action Figure

1 week later
#1557 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Another 400 gone. Dog gone it. I hate how much I love ColorDMD

2 weeks later
#1647 8 years ago

Got my ass handed to me for a good part of an hour with a high score in the 30 mils. I swear, every time I get to Jericho, the ball dribbles back out of the pop bumpers to the Iron Monger, and then nearly immediately to the outlanes everytime.

Also, has anyone noticed a lot of air balls when hitting the first gate switch on the left ramp? I have had my fair share of them, and I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to correct this? My IM has all the leg levels fully turned in so the legs are as short as absolutely possible.

After being away on a TDY for the USAF, I installed my ColorDMD yesterday. Holy crap. The Whiplash screens and Iron Monger screens look especially amazing, and the bogey screens just look totally dynamite.

Thank so very much whoever did IM ColorDMD. With every release, we have a tendency to say "This is the end all, be all best release yet," but man, IM definitely has a dramatic improvement with a ColorDMD. Holy smokes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1658 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Joining the club ( VE version)...(wish RobT was still around, as he started it).....anyway...excited to add this to my lineup ( have shaker, colordmd, armor, PDI covered)......and appears I'm going to need several million dollars for the mods...I like hooked bumper caps, speaker inserts, but need help on the best whiplash EM/LED choice, as well as other figures...

So, this is just me, and definitely not the "end all be all" facts - just my opinion: with mods, less is more on this one.

The game is a pretty bare PF overall: it is kind of like AFM when it comes to minimalistic approach with the difficulty of BSD when set up right (or possibly way harder if you consider what it takes to get DoD MB).

These things being said, here is my list of mods so far:

1. Upgraded speakers, Boss amped equalizers for highs and lows, Polk external subwoofer (see this thread for the exact set up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines)

2. Cliffy inlane protectors, shooter lane protector, trough protector.

3. ColorDMD

4. Iron Monger lid stickers from Flashinstinct here on Pinside (ebay link: ebay.com link: Iron Man Pinball Sector 16 Sticker Mod )

5. Shaker motor

6. Arc Reactor pop bumper caps (stock ones just look so "meh")

7. Service Rails (all my Sterns get these)

And I will admit, the Whiplash whips are a definitely "must have". War Machine LEDs prolly look awesome too, but if I had to choose, definitely El-glo wire Whiplash whips.

Everyone is free to do whatever they want with their IM/IMVE and their money - after all - it is theirs. To me with this kind of game, you don't want to go "too far" into the mod swimming pool. But hey, to each their own. Welcome to the club!!!!

#1663 8 years ago

Most recent code: http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/iron-man-vault-edition

The ramps are fine. I blast them all the time, and every now and then the ball will roll back, but that is because I didn't get a clean shot.

1 week later
#1741 8 years ago

SM is a great game for 15-20 game times. I'M is for those who go for 10 minute max games. I love IM; it simply is Stern's BSD.

#1759 8 years ago

I don't understand the problem with the latches. I keep them undone, making it easy to pull the lockdown bar and get the glass off. No need to open the coin door, pull a handle, pull the lockdown bar out and vice versa with re-assembly. I for one absolutely love the spring latches. Keeping them undone makes getting th glass off way faster.

#1778 8 years ago

War Machine looks badass, dude.

When you install the LEDs in the chest, what do you use to hold them in place. Hot glue gun?

You using alligator clips or molex connectors to introduce it to the inserts?

I ask because I have everything I need to try it, and I wanted some advice from those that obviously know what they're doing.

#1787 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

came to my senses. this game stays in my family.

Not only did you come to your senses, but also I see you added a pin in your collection .

4 weeks later
#1872 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think now that you can't order a NIB anymore, used prices are going to start creeping back up.

Yep, I'll vouch for that. Just sold mine. Had the fully upgraded sound system and ColorDMD.

New owner is going to be very happy . As for me, well, guess I'm out of this club ._. ....

TWD Pro has just totally taken my time and attention. IM though...man...it was the game that really made me start to pay attention to the power and importance of nudging...

Maybe again some day.

1 week later
#1909 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I just wanna say those metallic decals on the vault addition are the $hiz!
Also why are the hooked on pinball lit characters twice as much as the lermods ones any difference ?

I'll bet you if no one answers, you'll know why.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.