(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4405 2 years ago

Looking to add a small amount of color to my VE. Any suggestions on placement?

#4406 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Joined the club last month. Really loving the game so far, got the 2020 vault edition nib. Happy bashing friends!

What is the build date on it?

#4409 2 years ago

So I went through a some prior posts to get an idea on how to set up the lights. Here it is completed.

20210515_203632 (resized).jpg20210515_203632 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4412 2 years ago

Just installed gameblades.

20210522_212102 (resized).jpg20210522_212102 (resized).jpg
#4413 2 years ago
20210522_212005 (resized).jpg20210522_212005 (resized).jpg
#4414 2 years ago
20210522_212033 (resized).jpg20210522_212033 (resized).jpg
#4415 2 years ago
20210522_212017 (resized).jpg20210522_212017 (resized).jpg
#4416 2 years ago

Anyone know what this is?

20210521_092112 (resized).jpg20210521_092112 (resized).jpg
#4419 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Spanish. Ejemplo is Example. Think Aero should be Acero according to a quick Google search. Example Iron Man Pro.

Why are they calling it an example?

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Wow! I just installed the last code update (1.86) and set a new personal best within the first hour. Completed Jericho, too, and it was a doozy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the new code much different?

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

What year was it built? My guess is that the Example is the wiring harness and nothing more.

#4424 2 years ago

Just updated my code.... Don't see any real difference in gameplay.

1 week later
#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

So good to be back in the club.
Picked up a really nice example 1st Vault run and been tweaking it over the weekend. My phone takes horrible pics its not as rainbow puke as pictured.
Matching T molding in the metallic red looks great.
Working on a custom speaker panel and 2d translite next like I did with Stranger things but more subtle.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great machine. I don't see me ever letting mine go.

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

89 pages and no key posts
Just got one of these. Magnet cores are mushroomed, any pro tips on getting them out through the top? Any source for ramp flaps? It doesn't look like pinbits has them.

#4437 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am finally in the process of reinstalling a new right ramp after the original broke a few months back. I dissambled a while ago and got busy with other stuff.
Can anyone offhand tell me where the larger, long screw in this picture on the left goes? I am trying to reassemble it this morning and cannot remember.
[quoted image]

was there a washer with the long screw?

#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I can't remember now. I don't think so. The manual 8snt helping me either.

And it's not for the right front ramp post?

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you modded the start button? I’ve seen a lot of vaults but never one with the new style spike 2 button.

Mine has the large start button.

#4462 2 years ago
20210529_143845 (resized).jpg20210529_143845 (resized).jpg
#4463 2 years ago

LARGE START BUTTON

1 month later
#4475 2 years ago

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

Just ordered Disney plus.

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK I am in the club with a new vault edition. Crazy these puppies are still available new. Anyway.....ColorDMD ordered. Shaker next. How do I get the AC/DC code? I searched here and didn't see any working links.

Does yours have the large start button?

#4481 2 years ago

What is your build date?

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What does a large or small start button signify? Mine has large, may 2020.

I think build date. The ones with the large button have the real plywood on the bottom of the cab.

4 weeks later
#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

This seems super legit and I’d had been looking for this code for awhile. Can someone pm the trick to install? Thanks!

Did it work for you?

1 week later
#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I just installed it in mine and works fine.

Does it change any of the original code or does it just add to it?

2 weeks later
#4527 2 years ago

When you spell monger the center shot needs to flash to indicate you can raise the monger. My flasher is not flashing. It just turns on solid and stays lit. When I run a diagnostics I am able to manually make the flasher flash each time. Does anyone know why during gameplay the flasher stays solid once it is activated? I have changed the flasher bulb 3 times already and it has not helped.

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I do not believe that is the case. Monger can be set to "easy" where any orbit will bring him up once qualified or "hard" where only the center orbit will bring him up. I am not aware of anything in the code that is meant to flash those inserts once he is qualified. I have my game set up with "hard" Monger so I have more control of when he enters the playfield.

I have mine on hard as well which requires the center monger shot to make him rise. That center shot has two lights one being a flasher bulb. Once you spell monger this flasher will continuously flash to indicate that you need to make the center shot to rise the monger. For an unknown reason my flasher will just stay solid and not flash at that time.

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I like this. I'm going to make this change.

Also change your whiplash flashers (there are 2 of them) to the blue ones. Makes a huge difference.

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

For what it's worth, my game has never done that. Can anyone else post video of this flasher effect happening?

at 10:12 you will see the center shot flasher on

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

For what it's worth, my game has never done that. Can anyone else post video of this flasher effect happening?

Check in diagnostics (flashers) to see if your flasher works. It may be burnt out.

#4536 2 years ago

Photo does not do this justice. But these are the blue flashers installed on whiplash. I took the pic in test mode so all the playfield lights remained on. During gameplay all white lights turn off when the target is struck leaving the blue flashers on. Makes a huge difference compared to the standard white flashers.

20210916_092132 (resized).jpg20210916_092132 (resized).jpg
#4537 2 years ago

Anyone have the wiring schematics diagram for the flashers they could post on here?

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Sick, need to add that to my Comet order I’m putting together.
These will work, right?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-flashers

Those are the exact ones I used. You need the bayonet style for the flashers. I also changed the two flashers under the Iron Monger to blue as well.

#4540 2 years ago

These are the colors I chose for the display lighting. In my opinion adding tasteful color to this basically white light only playfield made an enormous difference is the satisfaction I have for this machine. Adding the blue flashers made it that much better.

20210916_094028 (resized).jpg20210916_094028 (resized).jpg20210916_094036 (resized).jpg20210916_094036 (resized).jpg20210916_094048 (resized).jpg20210916_094048 (resized).jpg
#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Yes, when Jericho is ready not when Monger is ready. Does your flasher fire when you qualify Jericho?

Mine is messed up. It is supposed to flash when the Monger is ready.

#4545 2 years ago

Watch 7:32 monger light flashes letting the player know to shoot the middle to raise the IM.

#4546 2 years ago

For those of you not seeing this on your machine the flasher is either burnt out or you don't have the monger set on hard. On the hard setting the only way to raise him is via the middle monger shot.

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a new friend is in the garage...
but than will not last long as it not "mine", but just friendly dropped for a moment (who knows what this last word could means !? lol)
[quoted image]

Looks like you have the VE made in 2020. I heard they made around 50 of these to send to Europe. I think the other 50 made in 2020 ended up in the USA. Has anyone else heard this?

#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, that's the last run
and you may be right about the numbers, i think this has been already talked here

Glad I got mine from the 2020 run. IM has to be one of the most enjoyable machines I have ever played.

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, its pure adrenaline !
fast & punitive, even if you dont miss the shot (as for example, my war machine kickback often send the ball SDTM and not on the right flipper... need a short ball save there... Mr Lyman please)

That happens to mine 1 out of 10 times.

#4556 2 years ago

Here is a shot during gameplay.

20210917_084835 (resized).jpg20210917_084835 (resized).jpg
#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love the move at 8:35. I need to work on that.

Great move. Very easy to learn. Use it at the arcade.

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but than pay attention at the owner... (lol)

I have never noticed any damage to the machine.

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Fitted a LED colordmd yesterday, my other pins have the LCD version and are my go to version but after fitting this one I can see why people prefer them.
Colours really pop compared to LCD.
[quoted image]

Where did you purchase that from? Looks great. Are you able to post some more photos?

2 weeks later
#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

A quick demo of my Iron Man. My favorite pinball

Great colors. A game people of all skill levels can have a blast with. Mine will never leave.

1 week later
#4600 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Hooked on pinball has agreed to do a special run of 10 sets reactor pop bumper caps. Tilted81 and myself make 2. We need 8 more. Price $119 for the set. Will post a pic of them shortly. Who’s in?

I would like to see the pics.

#4638 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi guys! Sometimes i make video tutorials about rules on pinballs, i am finished tutorial for Iron Man. It's basically made for Russian audience, but you can turn on english subtitles. If you lazy to explain rules to your friend, show him this video. Also i finished few other pinball tutorials, you can find them on YT channel.
1st part:
2nd part:

Great video. Nice to see you have these machines in Russia. Must not be very many in that country.

4 weeks later
#4653 2 years ago

Is Stern making another run of IM VE?

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yes. My dist. said it is a run of 75 and currently listed as Nov '21 build. I have one on order and hope to see it first week of Dec. Not sure if the build dates/prod numbers are US specific.

Did not realize they were making more of these after their early 2020 VE run of them.

1 week later
#4664 2 years ago

Could someone explain what task is needed to light the extra ball?

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has to be one of sterns best sellers and longest running games at this point.
Impressive considering everyone shit on it at release and myself and others where called idiots for buying it

One of the best games in my collection. Never bought one until the 2020 run. Glad I did.

#4678 2 years ago

Will there be a code update since new machines are being produced?

#4683 2 years ago

Why did Stern release the amount of machines made for every run with IM?

2 weeks later
#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Hey Everyone, Good news is that I'm in the club! Yay! Bad news is that I quickly realized that this was the fastest playing Iron Man ever. Turns out someone put in stronger flipper coils. Boooooo. More work for me.
The Whiplash plastic is cracked because of this. Is there anyone that makes just this specific plastic replacement?
Thanks!

Welcome! What version IM did you get?

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

1st run VE - owned 5yrs - never had a single issue.

Seems like IM was an arcade quality built machine.

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Reading in another thread that the latest run of IM VE games has been postponed indefinitely.

Did they say why?

#4717 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Agree. Changed out coil stops fixed the buzz for me.

Coil stops fixes the buzz? Seems all of my Sam games have a buzz.

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

With new Ironman VE's most likely now not going to happen. When did Stern run Ironman last, anyone remember?

I was able to get a VE from their mid 2020 run.

9 months later
#4839 1 year ago

What a rush! So I have not played IM in months. A friend came over today and we decided to play a round. This machine will never leave my house.

1 month later
#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

In the club, greetings from overseas.
Daniel
[quoted image]

Welcome! Looks like a VE. What is the history of your machine?

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Yeah it's from 2014 ! I sold my avatar for this one, and tbh i don't miss my avatar .
This game is way better imo.
The games was painted from a airbrush expert in the colour red + glitter. I was a bit unsure at the beginning but now i like it.
Iron Man is a great game.

Was it originally in an arcade?

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I don't know exactly probably... It has about 9000 games.
But i think it was.
The balltimes are pretty short :-d

From the one pic it looks clean.

2 months later
#4864 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Finally joined the club today with a nice IMVE. Just ordered a set of bumper caps from Hooked. Happy days.

How hard is to find an IM where you are from? I would imagine you they don't come by often.

1 week later
#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Sneaky Sale Post.
This is the only post made for this sale 33% OFF on pinside - Lasts only for the weekend. $10 instead of $15
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00668-iron-monger-decal
[quoted image]

Great looking decal. Would you take a pic with the monger lifted?

2 weeks later
#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

So what is the purpose of this cutout on the left ramp ball return?
Thx.[quoted image]

I only need that one time when a ball went out of control and landed on that ramp. The ball moved so slow that it eventually fell out of that cutout. Very unlikely it will ever happen again.

3 weeks later
#4893 1 year ago

How many of the 2nd Vault editions were made?

2 months later
#4920 10 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hey everyone
Owned this one in my collection for a few years now & will never leave, however the Iron-Monger on mine is currently NOT GOING DOWN.
The mech goes up ok in test mode, but will not go down. The Crank arm rotates 36degree's & all the switches read in the test switch.
I contacted our local Stern provider and asked them the same issue and they have not been able to diagnose the issue either.
If someone can help with this that would be great. the manual shows a pretty poor description of how its meant to work. The iron-Monger rises from the crank arm rotating up, but i cant see how its meant to go back down. Is there a motor which runs it back down, or is it meant to be gravity?
Help is so badly needed here if anyone can offer some. Even if its just a video of the mech working properly would be great[quoted image][quoted image]

Try directly emailing Stern's tech support. That has helped me in the past.

3 months later
#4932 7 months ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Solved my post above- I just had to run a ground wire directly from the SM PCB to a nearby ground. The "ground tap" adapter that comes with the specific SM that I got (the adapter that the instructions says plugs into J16 in the backbox) is not plugged into the backbox board at all, instead it should be cut right after it leaves the SM PCB (show on attached picture circled in red) and that chord ran to a nearby ground. Hopefully this helps someone else![quoted image]

How is the SM in IM? I never played one with it.

3 weeks later
#4944 6 months ago
Quoted from maiscseb:

Hello guys,
I just received an Iron Man Vault but there are any scratches on the cabinet decals.
Where can I find cabinet decals for the Iron man Vault edition ? Impossible to find them on the web...
Thanks

I have the lower set of decals. Both left and rights side as well as the coin door.

3 months later
#4960 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That was all Stern plastics for an era. Even Metallica with its great hand drawn art is “dotty” if you look close. I wonder if the last run of IM Vaults has higher quality printing.

Nope, mine is the 2020 run VE and it has the same low quality art.

1 week later
#4980 79 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Easy peasy - if you don’t like it, just set it back!

What version do you think looks the best with LEDS?

#4982 79 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well like I said, I’ve got the Incandescent setting on even tho my game has LEDs, cuz I like having the different fading light shows. The slight strobe in the fade effect doesn’t bother me. It bugs the shit out of some people, and that’s when you’d wanna switch to LED setting, as it gets rid of all fading FX.

Are you able to make a video of this?

#4987 76 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Here are a couple of pics from my VE. I’ve been wanting to try it out and you guys just reminded me. The first one is of the default LED mode and the second is incandescent. The setting can be found under adjustments —> game specific adjustments. It’s one of the last options.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't see a huge difference from the video. The LED seems to go out slightly faster. Which do you prefer?

#4989 76 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yeah the LED is instant. It’s much more noticeable in person, the videos came out grainy because I exported it to GIF format so I didn’t have to deal with YouTube.
After staring at it for 5 minutes, I went back to LED mode. Incandescent wasn’t bad I just felt like the LED’s were working harder and on for longer. I felt like it might shorten their lifespan but I’m also no expert on this subject at all.
Also that “fade” effect of incandescent isn’t like that all the time. Only part of the attract mode does that and when you’re going for “we got a bogey” mode. Probably some others too, but I didn’t play long with it on.

Mine was built in 2020 so I will have to try that mode.

2 months later
#5018 8 hours ago
Quoted from rai:

I wasn’t aware Stern did a small code update in 2020.

It was during the re-vault of the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.