(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1652 8 years ago

Joining the club ( VE version)...(wish RobT was still around, as he started it).....anyway...excited to add this to my lineup ( have shaker, colordmd, armor, PDI covered)......and appears I'm going to need several million dollars for the mods...I like hooked bumper caps, speaker inserts, but need help on the best whiplash EM/LED choice, as well as other figures...

#1659 8 years ago

Thanks Pinsiders!!!.....definitely going w the pinball metal rails and hinges(w EL lit paper so it will look my TRONLE rails to a degree)... have them (along w legs, lockdown, and coindoor) candied red. I'm sure that should cool my wallet enough to breath and play the game before the next round......here we go........mark

#1666 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Pinbits plastic protectors needed on IM?

Think a wise choice on most pins, when you can......

#1669 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

thx- hey you're in striking distance being in Asheville. Feel free to come check it out in ATL if you're ever around. also- it's not my only machine that has 'the treatment' : )

Sweet!!!! I go to Atlanta quite often (on business stuff)...have to check out your others....

And if you're ever visiting Asheville, I've got some nice ones too.....

I'll pm after the holidays......mark

#1682 8 years ago

Mines on a truck now ( HUO from a great Pinsider) to arrive Monday...man, can't wait to get this bad boy in the lineup!!!

#1708 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Lanes in and still easily most frustrating game ever. This is why it wasn't first on my list to buy when I got into the hobby.

Exactly my reason for waiting until now to add to my lineup. TRONLE has been my in house, ass kicker for sometime ( easily brings out the most profanity and shortest ball times)...I've been hesitant on IM because it's always killed me when I play it in the wild....bet most of my quarters were still warm in the coin bin before the game was over...
Time for another brutal machine to join the torture club...

#1747 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

IM is polar opposite to SM. SM has loooong ball times and a deep ruleset. We all know how IM is...it's a 1-10 minute game. A game of SM can take 45 minutes. Thats with the outlane posts set to the top holes. I'm lucky enough to own both and both are 10s for VERY different reasons. I'm watching for SMVE for a possible trade up of my regular SM, but do really love the cab art, translight, sound bytes and music on the original. Waiting on seeing the total package if it comes. The PF art is the only place the original lacks in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more!!!....SM not leaving, as it's such a fun, relaxing ride....nice change of pace from the ass kicking some of IM/TRON type games......variety keeps it nice....

#1750 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's here!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

Sweet!!!...and a Merry Christmas it will be!!!

#1753 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

First impressions of the VE were pretty positive overall. I must say the quality seems to be a notable improvement over the 2010 original. I still loved my original IM, and I'd certainly rather pay the price I did for the 2010 versus the VE. Nonetheless the print quality on the playfield and decals was really quite nice. The all-LED lighting wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be, and the new head design looks sharp. I much prefer the original quick-lock head design. Otherwise it's all good IM fun.
BTW, I'm surprised to see the production date of Nov 6, 2015. Thought these were out of production for at least a few months.

IMG_4401_(resized).jpg

Agreed...only gripes are the backbox bolt vs latch system, no service rails, and the lockdown bar....when the f*** did they start doing the double spring latch thing? Guess I haven't bought a new Stern in awhile...( going to place a " wanted to buy" ad for the old style tonight....)

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Wasn't the original IM the first machine to feature the horrible new latch system and lose the service rails?

I don't know....would like to change it out, regardless....can be done, correct? Didn't the PR versions do this?

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't understand the problem with the latches. I keep them undone, making it easy to pull the lockdown bar and get the glass off. No need to open the coin door, pull a handle, pull the lockdown bar out and vice versa with re-assembly. I for one absolutely love the spring latches. Keeping them undone makes getting th glass off way faster.

Guess I'm old fashioned....I like the spring loaded bar...open coin door, pull lever down with one hand, lift the bar off....goes on and off in seconds, and I don't have to reach into 2 areas ( blindly) on either side of coin door to release/ relocate the spring metal mechanisms.....it does hold the bar tight, but not much in those mechs....old mech just feels more "solid" to me...

#1785 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

my heavily modded, brand new spotless refinery IMVE game is for sale. offers only. PM me if interested. I'm compulsive and had a total change of heart on the hobby, slowly exiting.

Wish the best for you, whatever direction you are going.....would take your BSM off your hands, but just got in the IM club, and afraid I would bypass retirement and go straight to death mode if my Wife saw I bought another so close....

4 weeks later
#1837 8 years ago

Killer one for sale on PS now by lyonsden ( can't copy the link for some reason)

#1839 8 years ago

Ahh...just wanted to make sure you spotted it.....there was another bare bones that just sold a couple days ago....it will come...

#1842 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe distributors were selling them NIB for 4600-4800 delivered in 4Q15. I'd think you could find a HUO for 4.2 to 4.6k in 1Q16. and yes you really should join the club. the thing about this game is how "playable" it is since the games are so quick- even when you do well.

You're gonna want to mod it....just warning you.....a terrible addiction.....

#1847 8 years ago

One word.....shaker and colordmd.....wait , that's 1 world and a made up word....

#1848 8 years ago

Btw...I think lyonsden's machine is pretty badass.....I wouldn't have the patience ( or time) to mod like that one....open architecture makes it whatever you want, light wise.....the color changing rgb GI is sick!!!

#1855 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I have to admit, I have never really been a "mod nerd" (my own term there), maybe a few added light strips here or there, but for some reason after seeing grinder's IM and IM:VE, I did go a little crazy on my new IM:VE, its not complete yet, but when it is, I will post pics. And I agree with others, this game so damn fun! there isn't a day that goes by that I don't play a quick couple of games on it. Once joining the club, you will NOT be disappointed.
as for lyon's machine, I was thinking long and hard about it, whats better than one IM:VE? TWO IM:VE's!! LOL

Yea.... seeing his caused the same effect on me.....sadly, I got so carried away mod wise, can't even play the damn thing right now, as I'm waiting on the powdercoat shop for some of my pieces back (ahhh!!!).....it will be badass when done, however......

#1869 8 years ago

I'm just a scan kind of guy....another thread debates the merits.....film clips do look best in DotsXL, but I'm a sucker for all the other smooth stuff...the good news....you can pick which rendering suits your taste....but the colordmd is a MUST, regardless!!!!....

2 weeks later
#1942 8 years ago

Wow, these shots w different lighting themes are great!!!

#1946 8 years ago

Some pics, as promised....( I'm no photographer, used my Samsung G5):

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1947 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1948 8 years ago

#1949 8 years ago

Some lock rail decals and minor stuff left...

#1950 8 years ago

Gold mirror blades, PDI, and custom backbox light kit from lyonsden will finish this transformation for me (ha)......turned out great

#1951 8 years ago

Thanks to Hooked for the custom double whip setup and backbox/ apron stuff, pop caps,Lermods for war machine and drone, pinball metal for the rails and hinges, Terry @ pinballife for stuff you don't see but needed, and ASHEVILLE powdercoat for an awesome job!!! ( started w pretty stock VE..fwiw)

#1953 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

How much did it cost you to get the powercoat done?
I am planning on getting mine done locally. I realize pricing varies but just curious about ballpark.

$350 for EVERYTHING.....a great job, and very fair, in my estimation....some of the parts were already crinkle black, which they had to burn and sand (of course), and some bare metal ( new apron, side rails and hinges)

#1954 8 years ago

I reversed the color changers and whites on the apron mod ( looks really cool either way)...

And yes, I know the custom cards are for original IM....didn't matter to me...look way better than the stock ones...

#1956 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game looks great!

Thanks ( and just fixed my spelling error of your avatar name above)......

Your figures look great on the game!!!...Mark

#1960 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Great looking machine very well done.

Thanks Hooked...hope to post some video on whiplash....looks sick when playfield goes dark and " electric" feel of white to blue arcing.....thanks again for the mods!!!

#1961 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Awesome, thanks for the info!
I have a lot of other parts for various projects I have in process so I am hoping to find a good company where I live to get my parts done. $350 sounds like a very fair price!

I thought so too!!! They are a pretty big operation, but very receptive to my special project ( they apparently do a lot of nascar parts...nice operation) The owner is really cool, and said he needed a hobby...gonna have him over for some pb action!!!

#1962 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Color dmd owners ... It seems I have to adjust the vertical position for the VE with metal speaker panel. I settled on 0C I believe ... Any consensus on what's perfect center ?

Can't remember...I'll look and post when I fire her up tonight....

#1964 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Cool thanks you machine looks awesome !!
How did you get the logos on the flipper armor to glow like that ?

That was a fairly involved EL panel project....there's another thread on that to show details how it went together....here's the link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-paper-what-do-you-use

#1966 8 years ago

Can't bring myself to screw w the cool white LED's yet ( except the blue under whiplash, and PR red mod w strong LED's for monger)...the cools just seem to bring out all the colors in the plastics and inserts. The game is so aggressive w lighting effects w the modes that it makes for an amazing contrast in play .

I am going to add Chris's PR UV battle led strip mod...kills on my TRONLE, and should do the same here...a very overlooked lighting mod, imho ...

#1967 8 years ago

If you're familiar w EL, you know the panels emit a high pitched tone when energized...I've got enough on this machine that it is noticeable until you fire up a game......very cool added bonus, as the machine seems to emit an " electric" aura about it sonically when you step up....

#1969 8 years ago

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Ironman-Battle-Zone-Flasher/p/39749196/category=4783417

I know it seems expensive , but it's a strong UV strip, and adds a whole different look when tied in ( makes all the plastic colors jump out, and puts a real cool color on the playfield..definitely going in mine...

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Looks fantastic Mark! I hardly recognize her.
I can't wait to see what she looks like with the finishing touches on.

You gave me a great machine to start with.....been on it the last hour or so, letting it pound me....man, what a brutal machine!!! ( love it...keeper, for sure).....Mark

#1973 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Mark, it's beautiful. Worth the wait I'm sure. Did my old lock down bar help? Did you use that color for the rest of the armor?

Yea man...they matched the color, but ended up having to burn it off and recoat it so everything would match ....made sense....all shot at the same time w same color scheme....I learned a lot about powder coating in that shop....pretty amazing skill set and art as well. They used 3 colors and clear...black, red, gold sparkle, then finished w clear....worth the wait for sure...

Terry @ pinballife hooked me up with inside piece of lockdown assembly, and raw apron...gotta get new decals for inside of lockdown assembly...couldn't get them off clean...Ill reach out to Terry....thanks again ( could have saved a few bucks buying a raw lockdown, but at least I had the color in hand to match.....

#1974 8 years ago

I like the traditional lockdown ALOT better than the cheap, spring clips....

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Just got this installed in my IM:VE tonight. If you love lights then this mod is for you. It kicks a$$!!

It's really cool, and pictures don't do it justice....added their monger red kit as well....major plus!!!....now pulses red underneath......badass, for sure!!!

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Awe I'm sorry man. Glad you got the lockdown bar you preferred at least

No...all good...it confirmed the color and is still being used ( just refinished), so all's good....I appreciate the help....

#1979 8 years ago

Played the hell out of it last night...what a blast!!!.....went into other room @ 1am and my TRONLE was staring at me...knew I had to play....FIRST game, she breaks a left sling rubber....changed out of course ( no more 2" clear, all 2.5, regardless what the manual says) then gave her some quality time........have serious concerns these machines aren't going to get along.....

#1982 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i bought the blue monger kit for mine, but haven't got it installed yet. hopefully sometime this week coming up. if I can quit playing long enough to do it. LOL
and its all grinder's fault, I never mod my pins, at least not to the degree I have my IM:VE... pics to come when complete. waiting on new shooter rod from modfather! LOL

You'll love the monger kit!!! I've been modding my machines for awhile now, and IM certainly took it's share of my attention...

Ps- definitely agree the sub thing....sadly, only constraint Wifey puts on me..( low frequencies have no problem going upstairs and driving her nuts)...I always do hi end , coax replacements for backbox, and band pass for in cab sub, but that's about it audio wise....

#1986 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What's the blue monger kit?

Available in Variety of colors...added flat led panel that goes behind monger w clean interface....REALLY adds to the monger bash effect ( make sure to get their matching, mega 89 flashers too..think those are only available in red or blue, though)...highly recommend...( I went red because my whiplash is blue, but either is awesome)...

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No those mega leds come in purple too:

image_(resized).png

Sweet!!!

1 week later
#2023 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Finally got my armour back from the painters.
Used a spectrograph to match my PR coindoor (thanks again Steve)
Came up fantastic.
2016-02-05_10.17.34_(resized).jpg
2016-02-05_17.00.54_(resized).jpg
2016-02-06_11.09.01_(resized).jpg
Oh and of course new shoes.
2016-02-06_11.08.24_(resized).jpg

Nice topper...machine looks great!!!

#2049 8 years ago

Shit....great price!!!....somebody buy this thing!!!!

#2057 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's what makes it rewarding when you get it...

IMG_4188_(resized).jpg

nice.....I'm digging this machine the more I play it!!!!

2 weeks later
#2133 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine said Iron Man LED on the box as well...it is clearly the VE...was just built in January too.
Anyway, hit a new high score tonight. I got to Do or Die shot and Jerricho on ball one...too bad balls 2 & 3 were quick drains.
IMG_1777_(resized).jpg

Congrats on the great score......I tend to have similar fortune...1 good ball....feel great, then score 40 points on the next 2...brutal game

#2145 8 years ago

Anyone give thought to relocating the left and right orbit spinners closer to the lanes? This game is FAST and brutal...I've found that the center spinner does fine ( edges protected) but the orbits outer "U" bracket hangs out onto the playfield area, and I've hit it numerous times during battle.

The right orbit spinner looks like it could be " nestled" in the orbit w a custom bracket....the left one has a mounting point, but would have to move back about 4 inches...

Anyone explore this? I'm toying w the idea, as I'm sure the bracket will get bent over time, and already inhibits flow on occasion....thoughts?

LOVE THIS MACHINE, btw....

2 weeks later
#2163 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got the service rails installed.
What a complete pain in the ass.
Why Stern, why????

That would be a result of a VE (value engineering/ cheapening) decision

#2166 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh they weren't that bad. Doing the interactive ramp lights was way worse. Installing new armor is way more time consuming.
And the IM Pro also came with pegs and no rails

My complaint w the pegs isn't the ease of changing them to rails (pretty easy), but rather the limited access with pretty much 1 service position (without lifting all the way up)...thankfully, mine is newish, so not many rollover switch tests to do (yet).

Still love the machine though.......(except location of orbit spinners....already drawn the "fix", but too lazy to implement yet)...

#2168 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm interested in your spinners relocation idea

Will do.....Ill post some pics when I get the brackets made.....I don't like them hanging out in the PF area ( all my other machines have them nestled safely inside the entrance to the orbit or ramps...) ....the right side will be easy, left a little harder...will clean up the look, and completely eliminate the outer edge of the spinner from taking hits.....

3 weeks later
#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The bitch be back on legs! I played it on location yesterday and just needed to set it back up. Did some moving around of games, and it is right back where it belongs. I think I left it wrapped up too long because it felt brand new to me. Totally kicking my ass, just like it used to. Welcome back IM!
image_(resized).jpg

Nice!!!....I'm afraid to put mine next to my TRON .....afraid they wouldn't get along....

#2179 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

LOTR is on the other side of Tron to keep the peace

Ahh...makes sense....hopefully, order will be kept....

2 months later
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They wouldn't....for sure. Even the ultimate wizard mode is essentially unachievable on this one. But for heart pounding game play nothing tops it.

Pure truth here.....I am now to my " curse profusely , turn it off, and scowl at it" phase....leaving it dark while my others are on, just to teach it a lesson ( think it's schooling me, actually)..

#2266 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Today I came home to this. Father's Day present from my wife and kids. very happy to be part of the club!

Best Father's Day present ever!!! Your family is a keeper!!!! Enjoy your brutal game.....mark

1 week later
#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But they will tell you that the price is worth the improvement to them, and that's all that matters.

Absolutely correct.....PDI looks better to me, so that's why it's on all my machines....trying to correlate a percentage gain based on price is kind of silly....no such logic....

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny, I actually meant to mention both of those things in my post. I am more familiar with the cost of those incremental improvements in both subjects than I care to admit!

Ha....been there!!! I think the only accurate statement is anything is only (and always) worth what someone is willing to pay for it. "beauty in the eye of the beholder"....mark....

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I simply meant I personally don't thinks it worth its current price of admission. Someday that might even change.

PDI is one of those mods that is truly appreciated in the short and long haul, imo...I'm always amazed how great the playfield looks through that stuff....

1 week later
#2364 7 years ago

The promo picture is definitely using a soft edged ellipsoidal or other professional lighting device ( and probably shot in a studio of sorts)....I don't think trying to shine through the canvas will help, but believe some kind of pure white instrument w focusing lens will bring that pic to life.

How you get it positioned correctly without impeding the rest of your theme is going to be the trick......still looks cool though...

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I want Spidey! Funny I am finding a need a break from nasty games, so LOTR and TF were added. Spidey would be welcome also. IM or Acdc will not be leaving though.

Spidey is a must have with the other brutal games in lineups nowadays....I always go back to mine and TAF when I just need a calm, good game....not leaving my lineup....

#2376 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

This little guy starts kindergarten tomorrow but right now he is focused on his "Iron Man" day. He "has" to beat iron monger before we eat. A monster is born...

And he appears determined!!!....no food before Monger beatdown......makes sense to me.....

1 week later
#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Just joined the club this week after picking up a very minty IMVE from a fellow Pinsider.
Beyond the game being freaking awesome, I did want to give a huge thank you to the dude I got the game from. It was definitely as described and he even met me along the way to help cut down on the distance. He also didn't murder me, which I know my wife and kids appreciate. Can't wait to dig into this game; DoD MB here I come

Congrats and welcome to the club!!!....be prepared for very quick, precise beat downs in record time like no other machine....but when you do get a great ball or two....major rush!!!....

1 week later
#2444 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Those are the ones I have too. They look a lot better than the original caps. IMO

Ditto....left the deadly white in w blue frosted diffusers....awesome look!!!

1 week later
#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

IM can be super intense, but I think GOT has it beat.

Negative

2 weeks later
#2551 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Another quick preview of what the Ironman HD setup looks like. This time with the display in the game. My phone had a hard time with the light though, so the screen looks really washed out. It's not crappy in person. Come check it out in the PROC booth at expo. It may not do a whole lot by then, but it'll do something.
» YouTube video

WOW!!!

1 month later
#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wrapping up the package for Expo -- come by and check it out! It's no where near complete, but it will hopefully be at least playable without too much crashing and weirdness.
» YouTube video

This display looked AMAZING at expo!!!....thank you for letting us check it out , unbelievable work!!!...mark

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If only it was just a display. Then I wouldn't be buried in code! Working on more of the missing parts now (Jericho, Shield awards, etc)

Whatever you did...looks amazing!!!

1 week later
#2610 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Finally got around to ordering a set. Not cheap, but I do think they are the best, and with as much as I've spent on my IM it sure didn't make sense to skimp on these.

Good move Rob....they look amazing, and next to his custom TRON pop caps, the best out there!!!.....Mark

1 month later
#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

So is it necessary to remove the entire monger mech to chnge the bulb in his chest?

I've never done it, but added flashers behind him. Based on what I saw, my guess would be yes.....

#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

But don't loose the springs. I bought my IM used and one spring was missing, causing a ball to occasionally get stuck at the feet of Monger. It took 3 months for me to get replacement springs from Marco ... Stern held up the request - surprise, surprise. Evidentally no one ever ordered one. Bottom line is to be careful not to loose the clips and springs.

Yikes!!!....good tip....

1 week later
#2657 7 years ago

My anger game, pure and simple. More viscous in a pure format, than even mighty TRON. It just doesn't care....dares you to push the button. I can attempt modes in TRON before it destroys me....IM pretends it will let you play...for a VERY short time...whew....

4 months later
#2764 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There has never been a better "love to hate it" game.

A perfect description!!!!...the thing is....this game doesn't give a s**t. Crazy speed, open playfield and unforgiving at a brutal pace. I have created new profanities playing this game...best machine I own to play after a crappy day at work. Bring anger, attitude, whatever....it laughs at you.....

2 months later
#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

IM is more rocknroll than most music pins!

Completely agree...one of the most "kick ass, don't take names" pins available.

1 week later
#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

First bits of work on the code. All subject to improvements, but looking like it's going to work well.
An attract mode sample..
» YouTube video
Monger action. Ramps go purple when he comes up. Once he's up, flashing with spinners, and big flashing on hits to the Monger. Multiball runs fades as well as all the flashes. Ramps return to white after the end of the MB. As usual, hard to get the colours true to life on video. The purple is definitely more purple than it looks.
» YouTube video

Light fiber ramps on IMVE?!?.....count me WAY in!!!

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And tri-colour GI if you didn't notice.

I was too busy wiping the drool off my face from the ramps to catch that.....must watch again.....

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ah, what the hell, I'll put them here as well. I think you fine Iron Man folks are interested. And I am on topic.
Drone hits..
» YouTube video
War Machine MB..
» YouTube video
Fast Scoring..
» YouTube video

NEED, NEED!!! Finish the code, and sell me one of these...PLEASE!!!

#2986 6 years ago

I think the fiber looks amazing (TRONLE like) on this machine...very much like a "factory" mod....I could never get past the led strips on the clear ramps......

Fiber and color interactive GI is a win for me......

#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've already dropped enough coin on mods this week, so I'll try to save some money if I can. I think it will be a fun project so I'm doing it myself. It cannot be that hard to do, and I know it's not going to cost what modders are charging. Action figures were like $10, bought the el-wire whips from china. Just need to figure out the chest LED wiring & alligator clip connections. I'll start a build thread eventually. Any tips are appreciated

The LED inserts are pretty straight ahead, but the EL wire can be a bitch (just a heads up). I had hooked do mine, w dual EL whips at each hand..bad ass....the support wire was hand woven and fine gauge...I could have never pulled that off....

I'm not as IM intense as Grinder, but the Hooked caps w led pads rock, imho....enjoy the adventure!!!!

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that how he does the figures he sells on his site or was that a special request/order Mark? Any pics sounds cool!

Special request.......white EL w blue flash under...as electric as it gets.....perfect for me...I'll snap some pics in a few....

#3004 6 years ago

Hard to catch the whiplash flash, got one, but kinda freaked out my iPad....you can get the idea though...it's badass during whiplash mb!!!

IMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1709 (resized).JPG
IMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPG

( the UV fires too, but not as dominant as the pic might suggest)

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks man. I've had the Hooked Arc cap covers on since they came out. I love em. They are bright but look like they came stock. High quality stuff.
I'm in the process of switching my caps to the plasma ones. I'm trying out yellow, orange and red like the colors that originally came. I'm putting new skirts colored to match the Plasmas as well. I'm worried there might not be enough clearance for this new pops for the one under the right ramp. We'll see. If the Hooked caps scared you because of the price, these aren't any better but I'm excited to see how they will look.
If I like them, I'd be glad to sell you my Hooked pop caps. I'll post pictures.

Hey Grind....I'm thinking about the plasma caps as well, but for my TAF ( I'll need 5....crap)....lmk your take after you get them on....definitely pricey, but look cool on the site.....

#3008 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What's the website for those plasma caps? All I could find was YouTube videos. They def look sick!
Yeah this what I bought for the 4x1 whips in sky blue, with the 12v controler. Idk if it will work but worth a try.

Lightedpinballpanels.com

Think he's working on the site a bit...but there's a thread on here with his stuff :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What's the website for those plasma caps? All I could find was YouTube videos. They def look sick!
Yeah this what I bought for the 4x1 whips in sky blue, with the 12v controler. Idk if it will work but worth a try.

Good luck on the whips.....a tough gig to get those things supported cleanly.....pics, and props for the courage....!!!

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have these on my IM, and I love them. A stock IM cap just looks boring to me now.
I haven't seen the plasma ones yet, but the hooked ones will stay on mine no matter how the new ones look. I'm that happy with the mod.

Agreed.....you can see them ( kind of) in my whiplash pics above....these and the chrome Tron caps look like they belonged from the start...a great addition!!!

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Full code run through..
» YouTube video

Good grief!!! great job....box that pup up, put a tag on it, and sell me one...PLEASE!!!!!

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Had big family party my sister and brother in law were in from out east. Ironman got the most play 2nd was Aerosmith. IM going nowhere anytime soon.

A wise man, you are......

1 week later
#3049 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok here's a few more with the glass off

These look great!!!...will be going on my TAF ( darker playfield) when I've got $500 mod money stashed....

5 months later
#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Nothing is attached to the Whiplash flashers. I'm thinking something should be?
The mod is attached to a GI neat the top rollovers.

The inverter is used to step UP the voltage, not down.....converts 12vDC to 100v A/C to typically power EL paper or (in your case) wire (the whips). Designed input voltage is 12vdc, so hooking to a flasher circuit can potentially damage the cheap ones, as flasher voltage can go beyond.

Bottom line - you are correct, the inverter is wired to the flasher circuit to power the whips. I use EL in several of my machines, and if you get a decent inverter (mine are rated to 18v dc input), you'll be fine (you can see the voltage on the side of yours in the pic) I've had mine installed, running fine for years...... A great effect....Hooked made a custom one w dual whips on each hand for me....sick....

#3156 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

If anyone is looking for this topper, I have one. Won't fit in my basement.
http://www.tilttopper.com/iron-man-1.html

Looks great on the machine...love mine!!!! He only does all of his toppers on periodic runs, so I'd grab it if you want one....

#3166 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

19th Feb ‘18 update to the IM ColorDMD rom:
IRON MAN ROM UPDATE
The color ROM for Iron Man has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes contrast on a Monger start video and a bleed problem for the Grand Champion score.
I love getting support & updates on stuff.

Just completed....love updates!!!!

2 weeks later
#3210 6 years ago

no doubt.....drops and fiber hopefully soon!!!!

2 years later
#3690 4 years ago

I just saw this from work!!!!

#3769 4 years ago

+1 for RobertWinter mix on this one....shall now spend some quality time, thrashing accordingly...thanks again Stern and Robert....

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone try it with ColorDMD

Yep...mostly fine. A bit of color oddity in some text ( dual colors) and I'm sure some other minor oddities exist. I think epthegeek mentioned he would be tweaking some stuff (?)

Side- game still kicking my ass...love the left flipper hold to drop the post on launch.

#3805 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Working on it when I can. Just have the new video bits to do. Maybe by this weekend.

No rush pinbud...major props for your care and willingness to put in the time in, period
Thanks for all you do!!!!!

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

If everyone could jump over to this thread and vote Iron Man past CV please:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
I have a ton of time on both games and there is no reason why CV should be beating Iron Man head to head.

Completely agree!!!! IM is just too good of a game to fall in the first round !!!!

#3818 4 years ago

IM has climbed to the top by 2 votes currently... let's keep it that way!!!

Will most likely fall to MB in the next round..I can live w that I guess ( even though I personally sold MB and IM is planted in my lineup)..

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All my friends who stink at pinball love the game.

That's because they can get in 10 games within about 12 minutes....instant destruction= major adrenaline rush!!

#3824 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

If everyone could jump over to this thread and vote Iron Man past CV please:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
I have a ton of time on both games and there is no reason why CV should be beating Iron Man head to head.

5 vote separation!!!! Much needed, mindless fun...IM must survive to face MB!!!

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Decent ... Hell
I am Lucky to crack 50mil

Right there with you...new code, new colordmd code, game still kills me...

2 weeks later
#3939 3 years ago

I've got the '14VE w color DMD LCD and love it!!! The white inserts are just more of a smash to the face when you get past markV...tied a white LED strip to the emblem (under cab) so the game is just vicious to play (before I drain). As it should be....

The clips are fair at best w either LCD or LED imho (like SM and probably KISS if they ever do it) but to be expected. I'm a HIRES guy, and still like choice, so LCD in all mine....pros far outweigh the cons.

This game absolutely never disappoints!!!!

1 week later
#3962 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

But Iron Man is meant to be played hard, fast & ball-breaking difficult. It should drive you insane & end up make you a better player after endless beatdowns.

This describes my experience with this brutal pin (except the "better player" part)....

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Finally collected a Do or Die Hurry Up with double scoring running. Took me forever to collect so it ended up being less than 35 million. Full value would have been 70 million. I had everything done so that started Jericho at 4x value. That was ball one and I drained with about 83 million. The game then realized it was Iron Man and you can see where my score ended up... The Ultimate Ass Kicker![quoted image]

Truth!!!!!

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It keeps me awake at night trying to decide if I could only have one, which one would it be, Tron or IM?
Really though, I can't decide which of these I prefer.
Probably best to get both!

Neither one leaves until I'm out of the hobby, then they all go. A deadly, must-have pair....

1 week later
#3992 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

For you pal, I will make those changes and post them later today.

Whoa...nice combo!!! Will have to give that a go if its for the VE too...

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Alright it was bothering me. I fixed it. Thunderstruck loops better now. I'm happy with it. Its the best its going to get with 18.2 seconds Please see link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QyacKDy81BVohaRpJybMTK07qHxAKRsg

Works on VE as well? Anxious to give it a whirl....thanks....

1 year later
#4703 2 years ago

Merry Christmas, adrenaline junkies!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 26.50
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.