(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3221 6 years ago

Got an IMVE a little while ago (and forgot to join this club)

ironman_dmd (resized).jpgironman_dmd (resized).jpg

Added tb's dmd apron and awaiting "the rest"

1 week later
#3243 6 years ago

very nice!

I now have questions

1. how did you get the arc ractor in there?
2. did you make those light up insert covers yourself?

7 months later
#3393 5 years ago

Mikonos, are these available anywhere? I’ve seen you post these before in other places (ie the gnr ones) but have never figured out if your selling them or giving them away free or just doing it for yourself.

4 months later
#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Can someone help me with this please.I’m not sure if I’m missing something easy...replay award is set to credit..replay score is set to 5,000,000i reach that and no knocker...knocker works in test and on match...what am I missing...Thank you in advance.......Joey[quoted image]

That’s a ve so it doesn’t have a physical knocker just the audio one right?

Double check that q24 is NOT set to knocker (which means it’s expecting a physical knocker. Like the redshift addon).
https://redshiftled.com.au/Installing-a-knocker.php

1 month later
#3519 4 years ago

Has any one made an ac/dc music version of the rom's?

I don't own an ac/dc so saying 'just go play that' doesn't help me.
I've googled it and id found people talking about it years ago but nothing recent.

2 weeks later
#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Its hard to imagine such a bad ass pin, and there is basically no free play cards for this game.

"no free play cards" um ... there was a link below your first question.

There are also these https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60966441
mikanos has a thread here for his artwork - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos

2 months later
#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I just noticed these Anti-Sway target brackets on the Pinballlife website, so I picked several up. These do the trick. I removed the splints (which helped and were the best thing going at that time) and installed them. Didn't take a lot of time and these are solid. Highly recommend these for anyone with targets shifting or just wanting to fortify them.

Are they not held on both sides?

Just looking at that design it looks like they can still lean atleast one direction.

I've had my tron and ironman 3d printed ones on for a year now and they're still good.

4 weeks later
#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone had this issue on the ramps with it bouncing back? I have attached a video below. On my right ramp a have 2 small spacers and the right ramp works great but the left ramp doesn't have any spacers and I get a bounce back (doesn't fall through the hole right away). Any ideas would be appreciated.

I had bounce back on both my ramps.

I put a little foam further up the ramp so it slows the ball before it gets to the bottom. I do this on all pins that have high speed ramps.

The ball gets to your flipper significantly faster.

The ball very lightly touches the foam so slows down enough to go directly down the hole without any bounce back.

A3BB0AD7-4CF1-4700-8802-C45CDD065571 (resized).jpegA3BB0AD7-4CF1-4700-8802-C45CDD065571 (resized).jpeg7BC5EA95-50A2-4F1F-8093-03F12933F22B (resized).jpeg7BC5EA95-50A2-4F1F-8093-03F12933F22B (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#3633 4 years ago

“Buy buy buy!” $5699
F267BF24-975D-4D20-96F5-E8AE99921624 (resized).jpegF267BF24-975D-4D20-96F5-E8AE99921624 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

To be honest, I don't see either as a big deal. Replica decals for the magnets and matching LEDs for the inserts if you absolutely have to have them coloured.

Only issue I really have is the blue insert.

There is no way to make for an end user to fix this. How can they make it like the others?
Add a comet matrix light splitter and add 1x green and 1x red led to it?
Then block the others so these colors don't bleed thru?

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark III was the first none prototype armour, so it’s significant in that regard as his first true “Ironman” armour, which makes Lymans new bonus pretty great and shows he just gets how to integrate a theme.
But still a blue insert is just wacky visually, I always liked the white as I looked at the mark inserts as those suits arc reactors, building up to the mark 6 reactor, which is significant again as it’s the first armour that runs off his new arc reactor, that he designs in order to cure himself from palladium poisoning caused by his version 2 arc used to power armours 2 to 5.
Either the rules/inserts are a major stroke of luck or it’s some amazing little bits of attention to detail from Lyman integrating the code around the theme.

That feels like a bit of a long bow you'd concluding regarding theme integration.

The blue is definitely wacky and so far out of theme its jarring.

Why blue? Why not red or yellow seeing that's the suits main color themes.
So I re-read the change note line to see if there is any other clue.

"Added a half-way bonus for the MARK SUITS. The bonus is lit after the third MARK SUIT and awarded at the SPINNER."

I do agree however on re-reading this that it might be a way to make a "blatantly obvious visual marker" to the player about the new half way bonus.
Aesthetically it looks nuts and seems like a really silly choice to bake it into the hardware.

So perhaps as they don't have color changing led's this was what they thought was their only on playfield way to highlight "bonus is lit" or that there is something to get to when its not lit.

A unique blinking pattern would have been easier, works on all machine revisions and would still draw the players attention when available.

4 months later
#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

yeah i will go for a sub - anyone have a good compatible option?
With the Iron Man & Drone, are you guys getting the ready made mods, or buying stock toys and modding? The stock toys i think look a lot better - the ones that came with it really look crap, such a half asses option they put in there. surely it would not have cost much more to get some sweet looking WM & Whiplash.

I thought the same thing when I got mine but there really isn't a ton of mods that people have done. Most are just the toys + led's inside them.

Good opportunity for someone with new ideas.

There are arc reactor pop caps that look quite good but you'll have to find second hand ones as they arent made anymore.
Also an arc reactor topper.
Iron monger decal is nice. Also sold out but you can always ask the maker via pm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops?gameid=2386&query=Iron+Man+%28Pro+Vault+Edition%29&page=2 (try and ignore all the normal 'fits every machine' crap listed here)

5 months later
#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Mach 1, completed
[quoted image]

whoah! Replacing/referbing the playfield?

"mach 1" going the speed of sound?

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Doing it while playfield is still in the machine, that must be fun

My back hurts just imagining that!

3 months later
#4448 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am finally in the process of reinstalling a new right ramp after the original broke a few months back. I dissambled a while ago and got busy with other stuff.
Can anyone offhand tell me where the larger, long screw in this picture on the left goes? I am trying to reassemble it this morning and cannot remember.
[quoted image]

Long one could be an outlane. It goes down the inside of a clear post.

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yes I have lit up up chest/eyes on War machine, Chest/Eyes and independant hands on Iron man. Chest only on whiplash. Just waiting for some 3mm led strip to arrive to mod the whips.

Really like what you've added, always thought IM looked a little bare in that department.

Wouldn't el wire look better for the whips? (cause its thin) The discrete led's in the strips would be visible along the rope unless you're hiding it inside something to diffuse it or are you looking to use addressable ones and add something a bit more crazy to it?

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Led strip showed up a lot quicker than I thought.
Loving the results!

wow!

ps: it just clicked for me who you are! *slaps forehead* I should have known it would look fantastic!

1 month later
#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just watched Iron Man for the first time. Now I can relate to the callouts and features it has to offer. Seeing the movie made me realize and appreciate the numerous hours of effort, skill and talent which went into making this amazing game. Will have to watch Iron Man 2 tomorrow. Only improvement in the game would have been an AC/DC sound track.

wow ... well there is a good 10 years and an entire franchise of ironman related movies to watch then!

1 month later
#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i noticed main cab decals were bulling (the 3 sides !)

"bulling", I'm not sure what that word is ment to be, could you describe it in a different way?

Did you mean bulging/protruding/swelling or stretched decals?

Quoted from KJS:

Yes sadly I've listed my beauty as well here in Australia...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

God damn those whips! Not willing to separate?

#4516 2 years ago

ahh. crinkled or creased perhaps.

Seems to happen when the bolt twists when it is tightened and there isn't a cutout around them.

This other thread talks about it in the context of near the legs so should be similar for the bolts too : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrinkling-decals-suggestions-to-repair

I had a tz with similar issues and all I did was remove the bolt, Gentle heat and smoothed it out. Pressed flat again and reinstalled bolts and was careful to not twist them again. IM has those gold reflective decals so im not 100% sure what any heat would do to them. You could try without any heat first and see if that helps.

4 months later
#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Coil stops fixes the buzz? Seems all of my Sam games have a buzz.

For some coils if they aren't tight and/or flush with the stop they can buzz. I've had this on a few machines. If it is annoying enough then loosening and retightening can rid of it. Its a cheap zero cost fix in some cases.

3 months later
#4787 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone selling an vault edition decals? Thanks

Stern still had some in stock a few months ago as I got a replacement for a damaged one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=koops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.