(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

I don't understand people talking about DOD multiball needing extra balls to achieve. My experience is that DOD multiball is a one ball goal. In one ball you have to get: ironman lit, war machine lit, iron monger lit, whiplash lit, drones lit, then collect by hitting center spinner twice. Reward 50 mil and multiball, on 1.4 rom, 35 mil 1.6 rom. If you also lite bogey ramps you go straight to Jericho. DoD multiball has to be done on one ball, modes do not carry over to next ball. It is much harder to achieve than Jericho which is accumulated modes and collecting reward carries over to next ball. For DoD multiball,3 ball or 5 ball makes no difference, as it has to be achieved and collected in one ball.

You're talking about Do or Die, whereas everyone else is talking about Do or Die Multiball, which is impossible to achieve.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Tell me more about that plunger light mod. I'm listening....

I think there's just an LED there. I have a flex head there on mine.

1 month later
#288 9 years ago

As far as looks go I'm indifferent. I prefer the feel of the lollipop rails as it almost seems more solid. I don't know, just something I noticed when playing AC/DC premium. Maybe I'm the only one.

3 weeks later
#397 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Strange, I don't know if Kim doesn't sell them anymore?

I believe he sold the business to Planetary.

#402 9 years ago

There's an ongoing thread with some great cards, including IM (in both blue and red).

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I removed my coin door and shooter rod housing, swapping them out and while the shooter rod is back, the coin door is still gone. I thought it would still play without a coin door but no luck.

Look on the inside of the cabinet on the left side of the coin door. There's a white plastic switch that you'll have to tape closed in order to play.

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have a 4 year old who enjoys the machines as much as I do, and they block the DMD for him. When he grows more, they'll go back, but they clearly don't work well for a 4 year old.

Have you considered some Gattaca-style leg-lengthening surgery instead? That would allow you both to take advantage of the glare guards.

2 weeks later
#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I also thought the quality of the movie scenes on the DMD went down

Is that possible? I love IM but the dots are pretty turrible.

1 week later
#523 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What happens if you have both DOD hurry up AND Jericho MB ready to start? I had that last night and couldn't make the center shot (with 2 balls!).

You'll get DoD first, and when you "Do" hit the jackpot you'll start Jericho. So DoD first, then Jericho.

1 month later
#555 9 years ago

Is this a protector for the entire playfield?

#591 9 years ago

No extra balls via points!!!

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But that does mean no extra balls...ever. Unless there's a trick to getting the SHIELD award to give out EBs...is that fixed in IMVE code?

You just have to get a lot of shield awards in a game. It certainly can be done.

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'd love to hear about other strategies to make it to Do or Die.

If that's the only goal you want, then:
1. avoid ramps (bogey doesn't count towards DoD) and
2. make progress on everything, but don't start anything, during balls 1 & 2 so that you can complete the tasks all on ball 3.

#618 9 years ago

He's talking about the (1.4?) code where the DoD jackpot was 50M points. Now it's only 35M.

2 weeks later
#646 9 years ago

After the magnets, the shooter lane would be the next to protect. I use mylar first in the curved groove, then put the Cliffy on top of that (on the flat part to the left) to secure it.

3 weeks later
#723 9 years ago

There are 2 hurryups (IM targets and Bogey). You can start either or both hurryups as long as you have not started a multiball.

There are 3 multiballs (Monger, Whiplash and War Machine). Whiplash and Monger cannot be stacked together, but War Machine can be stacked with either as long as you start WM first (he's like a sidekick who helps you get rid of those other two villains).

Scenarios:

1. Start Monger MB - no further stacking available
2. Start Whiplash MB - no further stacking available
3. Start War Machine MB with Monger down - can stack with Whiplash MB but not Monger
4. Start War Machine MB with Monger up - can stack with Monger MB but not Whiplash

Any of the above can be run with fast scoring or Bogey or both as long as they are started before any multiball. Once you start any multiball you cannot add a hurryup.

#742 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Anyone else sometimes just go insane and play a game doing nothing but shooting at War Machine?

War Machine all day, huh? I think that's an AC/DC strategy that doesn't carry over to IM very well.

#746 9 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Ok, all this is great, but then what? What strategy do you use?

I wasn't necessarily endorsing any of these, but just showing the possibilities. I personally like to stack fast scoring + monger MB if possible, and bogey + whiplash MB if possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayhawkai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=jayhawkai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.