(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3061 6 years ago

IM shopper asks:

1. Is IMVE such an improvement over IM Standard that a shopper for IM would be foolish not to spend the extra fifteen-or-so percent to get IMVE?

2. If there were 1200 standard IM's made and just 300 IMVE's made, why is it that virtually every IM I see offered for sale here on Pinside is an IMVE? 2010 wasn't *that* long ago.

3. What is the market range for an IMVE today? $4500 - 5500? And for a standard IM?

"Vault Edition has added features such as LEDs, high-resolution metallic foil cabinet decals, lit Iron Monger chest and a redesigned metal backbox with decaled speaker panel and tilted DMD."

Of all of these I kind of like "redesigned metal backbox" most, but I could do without all of it *if* there were real savings to be had. Are there? And then there's resale value; will no one be tempted by my IM standard when it's time to trade?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I would love to buy an IM, but I want to do it as wisely as I can. 'tis a lot of scratch!

#3066 6 years ago

Thank you, Lermods and Hippy, for your helpful replies to my post.

At this point I am excited to find either version.

Luckily, there are two bars close to me where I can play IMVE, so I will "keep shooting" 'til the right deal appears.

I am still terrible, but I've got better. Yesterday I earned 13.2M, my personal best, although that didn't earn me a reply. I was close! 13.9M was the mark!

I watched an IMVE owner get through Do-or-Die multi-ball on YouTube. He was killin' it! Forty minutes on a single game! And no extra balls!! Mad skills on that young'un!

J

#3067 6 years ago

Oh, and thank you to John F and yzfguy, too, for your replies.

I appreciate your time/input!

J

#3068 6 years ago

WTB: Iron Man, Standard or VE

I'm hoping to find one within four hours driving distance of Minneapolis.

If none exists, and if you're game to pack yours on a pallet, I would be happy to discuss buying one from a distant state and shipping it here.

I would love to hear about any example for sale, regardless of condition.

Thanks for reading my post!

J

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys, here is link where you can find my custom sounds code for IM Pro and VE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve
If you like it, tell me!

I'm curious: where do these alternate sounds come from and why? Do you substitute your sounds for, say, the screech of a drone hit or the boom of a War-Machine kickback?

The sounds on IM are a big reason why I like it so much. They are hella tight! The steady unspooling of absurd amounts of ammo' during certain multi-balls, with all the plinking shell cartridges that litter the ground and the thousands of ricochets, is cool as SH_T! I would love to know where they got those sounds. There is a digital artist out there who made them from real weaponry samples and he deserves mad props! The drone screech, too, is spot on. It's, like, What the hell was that? And don't even get me started on the sounds of Monger stomping his way to a battle-ready stance! Boom! Boom! Boom!

How can you improve on that stuff? I would happily listen myself, but I have no IM of my own, so I can't install it and try it. I'm not hating. I'm just asking.

1 month later
#3111 6 years ago

(At the risk of being a pest...)

Wanted (still): Iron Man

Hoping to score an IM, Standard or Vault, any condition.

If you're ready to sell yours or if you know of anyone who might be ready to sell his/hers, please let me know.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

J

3 months later
#3180 6 years ago

** Iron Monger Figure LED Mod: Where to Find/Buy? **

The IM at my local barcade was recently spiffed up, including the addition of a flashing (when cued) purple LED tucked into either side (between the arms and hips) of the Iron Monger figure. I can see the leads that snake from the sockets down into the cab'. Is this a generally available mod? If so, who is offering it? I can't find any such thing among the IM-specific mods here on Pinside's Market section. Oh, and to be clear, I am *not* talking about the Iron Monger chest LED mod.

It adds a lot of pizazz to the raising of the Iron Monger.

Thanks.

6 months later
#3378 5 years ago

** Script/Request Number for Kicker "Boom!" Sought; Pinball Browser **

Does anyone happen to know the script number for the boom heard when you hit the War Machine kicker?

I'm using Pinball Browser to find certain sounds, but I just can't find that boom.

Thanks!

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In my notes from when I cataloged all the IM sounds when I was working on IM HD I have 0084 as the war machine kicker. Try that one.

Hi.

Thanks for chiming in.

Sound Request 84 (aka script 0x84, 1.345s) is an explosion of sorts but to my ear a different sound than the kicker boom.

Pinball Browser v6.42 displays no script "0084" as such. Did you mean 0x84?

I have searched the whole catalog by request #'s and script #'s alike. That boom just ain't there!

3 years later
#4620 2 years ago

Blundering Into D.O.D.M.

I'm not very good at IM. I rarely even get the Iron Monger Super and I've certainly never been to Jericho MB.
Today though I started Whiplash and then quickly started War Machine and before I knew it I had all the MB inserts strobing and a timer began counting down to start the mythical Do-or-Die Multiball at the center spinner. I couldn't believe it! I watched the great Karl DeAngelo reach/beat DODM on one his early streams (before he was famous) and I always knew it was the highest wizard mode of the game. How on earth was I poised to reach it with less than 15M points?
I've always loved the explosive energy of IM. A lot of that is attributable to the War Machine kickback. The light show though is top notch and so is the sound package. Really great stuff!
Of course, I failed to start DODM as I couldn't hit the center spinner before the hurry-up expired.
No surprise there! Congrats to all of you owners who have done it!

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

to get to do or die multi ball you have to COMPLETE all 5 character modes, they will flash when completed and will stay flashing on the next ball when you drain.

In this game all five character modes were strobing(throbbing?) and the display read "Do-or-Die Multiball Lit at Center Spinner." A hurry-up counted down but I failed to hit the spinner before it expired.

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

It is very common for people to confuse the Do or Die hurry-up with the Do or Die Multiball.
Don’t fret it… others have made the same mistake.

Gosh. I'm sorry. Rookie blunder! Do you need to qualify all the character modes to reach the hurry-up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.