(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1094 8 years ago

My Iron Man arrives today. I'm preeeeeeetty stoked. It's a NIB machine, only the second one I've ever bought. Pics to come later.

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

very cool man.... congrats to you! who did you buy it from??

A collector in Missouri. From talking to him, I don't get the feeling that he's on Pinside. I'll have to ask him again. He's had it NIB for a while, but he's moving and hasn't had a chance to open and set it up. The move prompted him to sell some pins, and I got lucky.

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Is it a VE?
Congratulations, can't wait to see the pictures.

Nope, 2010. I would have gone either way, but was looking at 2010s more by the end of my search. I got lucky. I think that the VE is probably a bit better in more ways, but there are some things about the 2010 that I prefer.

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Care to divulge what you paid?

Maybe later...the guy has more pins to sell and I doubt that he would like his prices being mentioned too widely right now. Let's just say it was a fantastic deal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1136 8 years ago

I've been playing a ton of Iron Man since I picked it up (pics still coming). My only two issues, and they're minor, is that the right ramp is super stingy and it rejects a lot of clean, hard shots and my Iron Monger does as well. It's a bit of a bummer when that right ramp rejects a perfect shot only to cause a center drain.

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That does not sound typical (the right ramp). Yes a rejected short shot will often drain....but a clean shot should fly up the ramp without issue....I've even backhanded that ramp on mine. Is there a flipper power setting?

I haven't touched the flipper power setting. I've left it at factory. It might be worth looking into. But even fast shots often choke at the turn and come back down.

#1140 8 years ago

Sorry, I meant that a direct hit to the Monger itself wasn't always registering. It seems a little more consistent now, could just be a breaking in period. Had better luck with the ramp today, so we'll see if the game is still just settling in. It was NIB, so it might need a few tweaks and breaking in.

1 week later
#1157 8 years ago

Have you cleaned the optos or made sure that they aren't slightly misaligned? If they're off just a bit, vibration could make them trigger. Do they test reliably in the test menu?

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Be thankful that IM wasn't stripped down for a Pro/LE nightmare. You have the real deal in your hands right now.

Well, to be fair, we did get Iron Man Classic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.