(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ilovegames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1767 8 years ago

Hi,

How do you lite the Marks to get Jericho Multiball? Some games I get there while trying to light all the shield targets but never seems to make it and then other days I get there by just having a bunch of good multi balls..

Help!

Thanks

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Copied from an earlier post I made in this thread:
Every major task awards a Mark level, but usually only once during the 6 Mark progression meter. The exception is the Iron Man targets which awards a Mark level for each completion of a set.
Examples of goals to earn a Mark level:
Complete a Shield group of 6 inserts
Complete an Iron Man Target set (can be done for each Iron Man mode)
Start Bogey
Start Iron Monger MB
Start War Machine MB
Start Whiplash MB
Enjoy
Oh and Jericho is NOT a multiball, but could be stacked with Monger back in earlier code versions.

You are awesome!

Thanks. I was driving myself nuts thinking that it was just getting the shields and knowing I only have to do that once helps.

I appreciate it. Merry Christmas everyone!

2 months later
#2068 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's what makes it rewarding when you get it...

IMG_4188_(resized).jpg

Hey RDReynolds,

Are those speaker grill inserts the one from Speaker Light Kits? If so are yours the blue or the chrome? If so, did you get the lights from them too? The look really good.

#2069 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Hey RDReynolds,
Are those speaker grill inserts the one from Speaker Light Kits? If so are yours the blue or the chrome? If so, did you get the lights from them too? The look really good.

Also, has anyone else used these acrylic inserts?

http://speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

I am interested in the Iron Man figure one but am unsure how it would look. If anyone has tried it I would love to see a picture of them!

Thanks

#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I bought my IMVE used, it came with that...so I am not sure what kit they are?

Thats cool. Are they chrome or blue?

#2086 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I have the red ones installed and I think they look good.....

20160302_211249_(resized).jpg

Thanks for the pic! They do look good..

1 month later
#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This seems like a good place to put this post that I have been meaning to do for some time. It concerns the different ways to mount acrylic designs with a Speaker Light Kit behind it.
What looks best varies from each design and what style they are. Some look good with the grill directly behind the design, some look cool hidden behind the grill (and only appear when they are lit from behind). The acrylic designs that have etched details in them (ex: like the Iron Man figure) generally look much better if you mount the grill away from the acrylic design. The more etched area or details in the designs....the more important it is to mount them properly (ex: The LotR design is not as important as the Family Guy design since it has much less area etched out of it). Here is an example of different mounting orders with one of these detail etched designs.
MOUNTING ORDER
Top pic: acrylic design, light frame, grill, speaker
2nd pic down: acrylic design, nuts installed for spacers, grill, light plate, speaker
3rd pic: acrylic design, grill, light plate, speaker
Bottom pic: grill, acrylic design, light plate, speaker
I think the top method is hands down the best looking. You can see more detail, it is lit better, you do not have the grill between the acrylic design and the light source so you are not projecting the grill holes onto the design. Plus in the back of the lit area the grill is lit instead of the speaker. This gives it a more uniform and less cluttered look back there.
If you look between the 2nd and 3rd pic you can see that even just leaving a little bit of space (with some nuts for spacers) between the acrylic design and the grill helps a bit with showing more of the designs detail and diluting the dots from the grill holes. If you are a person that doesn't want the area around the design to be open (as it would be with the top mounting method)....this is a helpful alternative.
Mounting this type of design behind the grill like the bottom picture isn't really advised. You lose a lot of detail. That mounting method is better suited for black acrylic designs or ones that are single colored with no details etched in them.
I hope this info helps to make your Speaker Light Kits look even better.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Stacked.jpg

I ended up buying these acrylic and speaker lights from doug and I can't stress how awesome these look! I have lights locked on red with iron man figure and its just the coolest thing. I did mine with acrylic, spacer, light frame, grill and speaker and they just pop. If you have an Iron Man, just buy them! I got them for other games as well and they look amazing. I have tried other places lights and these are far superior. Ill try to take a picture when I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ilovegames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=ilovegames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.