(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4370 2 years ago

I have this overlay on mine. I need to recall where I bought it. Man that score though. My kids need to step up their game.

IM (resized).jpgIM (resized).jpg
#4373 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Yes! Let me know if you remember. I’d like to find a US option if possible.

I am really struggling to find/remember where I got it. I believe it was from the York pinball show. If so, it was either from Cointaker or Tilt Graphics. But I don't see it on their sites. I found this:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/iron-man-dmdskins-speaker-panel-overlay/

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Having an issue with the pop bumpers firing on their own during the gameplay when the ball is not near them, I am not sure why this suddenly started happening. Anyone know what this problem could be?
Thanks
Mike

Mike,

You'll have to lift the playfield. The leaf switch for that pop bumper needs to have its gap slightly opened. The switch is underneath the white spoon. You can use needle nose pliers. Don't pull it back too much as then the pop bumper will rarely pop.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Dinot thanks for this, I will give it a go.

No worries. Have the PF upright and the game in switch test mode. Leave the coin door open!!! You don't want to short between the coil lug and switch. You also don't want the pops to bash your knuckles while you test/adjust. You will have to keep testing to get it where you want it. I personally like sensitive pops. Once you have it where you think you want it, lower the PF (and close the door) while still in switch test mode, and trigger the flippers to make sure that they don't trigger the pops. Also test the slings. But touch them towards the top or bottom as you don't want it to smash your finger.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

No worries. Have the PF upright and the game in switch test mode. Leave coin door open!!! You don't want to short between the coil and switch. You also don't want the pops to bash your knuckles while you test/adjust. You will have to keep testing to get it where you want it. I personally like sensitive pops. Once you have it where you think you want it, lower the PF (and close the door) while still in switch test mode, and trigger the flippers to make sure that they don't trigger the pops. Also test the slings. But touch them towards the top or bottom as you don't want it to smash your finger.

#4389 2 years ago

Does anyone have teddyb73's last code update with the AC/DC songs? That link is dead.

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Does anyone have teddyb73's last code update with the AC/DC songs? That link is dead.

Anyone? Pretty please. Really want some AC/DC in this game.

1 month later
#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have just updated to 1.86 custom with black sabbath at game over and other tracks that I found on here, not into the other tracks.
Looking for the one with ac/dc and black sabbath for a vault if anyone knows of a link, looked but can’t find one.
Also just got my best score, not sure how good it is though as not long had the machine.[quoted image]

I think that you are looking for the teddyb version. PM me, I just went through a good bit to get it and I have it.

6 months later
#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Also, in that 11 years, has never broken.

My most reliable machine as well. I bought it new(ish) back in 2010. I've only needed 1 repair. The opto in the war machine went bad. I actually repaired it before the replacement opto I ordered showed up. (Bad trace. I jumpered it)

3 months later
#4792 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

I am currently being proposed an Iron Man Vault. I have never had a SAM before, is it possible to know the lifetime number of games played, or is it reset on an update ?

As others have said. No way to know. But the good thing about SAM....In my experience, SAM is the most reliable pinball platform I've encountered. I've had everything from WPC, WPC95, Pinball2000, Whitestar, SAM. Spike2 and Data East. SAM has been extremely reliable. I've had 5 SAM pins for almost 10 years and the only problem I had was a trace went bad on an opto board. Iron Man coincidentally (War machine). I actually fixed it (jumpered) before the replacement arrived. So the replacement opto is sitting in the coin box.

1 year later
#4909 11 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I've hooked up a jbl sub to bottom cabinet sub and sound is good.
Any need to replace backbox speakers and if so anyone got some good recommendations.
Thx

This is a subjective question. You will have people say no and then you will have people like me, who say, not only yes, but add an external amp and power those replacement speakers. I can't recall which speakers I have. I can check later on. I have an original IM so I could only fit 4" speakers (Not sure if the vaults can go bigger)

#4911 11 months ago

Any decent 4" speaker will be an upgrade. I have Soundstream Picasso's in there now (I don't know that they are made anymore as I added them over 10 years ago). I think I have used Alpine in previous SAM games. The only "issue" I encountered was with speakers that had a tweeter that protruded further than the woofer. With those, I had to use spacers. Right now, I like Focal and JLAudio speakers and so you've made me consider upgrading mine. Hmmm...the JL Audio C2-400X looks compelling.

You can grab this amp right now from Amazon for $59. There is a $20 coupon to clip if you get it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MJBG53V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

I am guessing that you are using a speaker level to line level convertor.

5 months later
#4941 6 months ago

Anyone have a right or pair of inlane guide plastics they'd be willing to sell or know where I can buy them without buying the entire plastic set?

Thanks.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=dinot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.