(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,532 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Bos98
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 754 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

513E6C1D-7DD7-4DBF-A75F-3C593DEE2764 (resized).jpeg
671B812C-7627-4A36-962C-119DC1AAB72E (resized).jpeg
60D067BF-D4D9-44C2-997D-AD4AC895564B (resized).jpeg
210BEC29-68A2-439B-B2CB-7B644FBE24D4 (resized).jpeg
FD4BF81E-608F-48CE-A5C4-1FF2FC390C5A (resized).jpeg
DBDA2B6B-DCF9-4DBC-A2AA-996DFCBFFB86 (resized).jpeg
D74A976E-D392-447E-ADCD-42234E736AC1 (resized).jpeg
98B049BC-A4FD-4C75-99AC-1A611CAE88AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180812_165547 (resized).jpg
29FE3FB2-4C49-450D-9F33-575D757C078B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2752 (resized).jpg
B6024FA0-545B-4A39-B92D-315B307BDE4E (resized).jpeg
41E42D32-1E27-4290-A09F-B8A29CC796C5.jpeg
4D3D5EAB-A0BC-4FC6-AC38-6575A3FB3147.jpeg
65ACE028-551D-425D-B9F5-945B147B16E5.jpeg
FF2A9D48-8CC7-43CF-A751-484B4001D24E.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#941 4 years ago

Just joined the club and I'm patiently waiting for my IMVE to get here. I think it will pair very nicely with my ST Pro.... very different games.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Oh, heck yeah! My 2 Sterns are IM and ST and I love to go back and forth playing them. They both have incredible ramps, play fast and have great flow. I play IM for a quick game and ST for a longer play. I could just have those 2 in a 2 pin collection and I would be happy.
If you like HS2, like I do, you will love IM.

Love HSII....I've considered selling it several times and can just never pull the trigger....so I've given up on the idea of selling that one.

#945 4 years ago

Yeah, I go back and forth sometimes also, but my HS2 plays so well and has never given me a problem, so it will be around for a while.
You fortunate to get an IM. They are drying up a little bit. Congrats!

That's exactly why I'm keeping mine. I've never had to repair anything on it! I plays super smooth and I've added a lot of nice touches. I've never run into another HSII that plays as smooth.

My IMVE is a mint HUO with a lot of nice added "extras"....including the shaker motor. Can't wait for it to arrive.

1 week later
#958 4 years ago

Look what just showed up (3 days early)!

2015_02_27_14_19_31_ProShot.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking, "poor fella, he posted in the wrong thread". But no, for this is my SOMCIMVEITWB! That's - Single Owner Mint Condition Iron Man Vault Edition In The Wrong Box....duh.

Wasn't supposed to get here until Monday....but I'll take it. The really shitty part is that I'm leaving for the weekend and might not even be able to fire up a game before I have to go!! The irony.

#960 4 years ago

It's kicking my ass already (big surprise). I did hit Jericho once but did absolutely nothing on it and finished under 30,000,000.

2015_02_27_16_16_45_ProShot.jpg

2015_02_27_16_34_08_ProShot.jpg

#973 4 years ago

I know that I'm still in the early "honeymoon phase" with IM (which is why I won't rate for a while) but Jesus H, I have never been sucked into a game like this before. Talk about pure adrenaline! The music, the speed....it's so damn intense. It kicks your ass but your not really pissed about it.....it's more like "that's it!" I'm going to kick you're ass IM!".........even though that hasn't happened yet

#975 4 years ago

Grinder901 said:
I hear ACDC is like that.

Pimp77 said:
Negatory.

Quoted from smassa:

ACDC is too hard for most people to understand or maybe keep the ball alive for more then a minute or so.
Sounds like someone was pimp slapped a few too many times by ACDC

Sorry, I'm with Pimp77.....AC/DC just did not do it for me......thought for sure it would....but it didn't. I just didn't care for the rules on that one. It does have a few too many "cheap drains" as well; IMHO. I know some think IM is the same way...but it's not. The difference is that IM severely punishes you for missing the shot, AC/DC could punish you for making it!

Also the whole....hit this x number of times just got old real fast to me. It's still weird to me because I LOVE Ritchie pins and I love AC/DC music. Different strokes I guess.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thank God you *never* have to do that on IM!

Yeah....I know...every game is essentially hit this or that x number of times. Can't really explain it but doing it on AC/DC just wasn't that "fun" for me while doing it on IM is crazy fun. I read all the rules on AC/DC played it daily for over three months and it just didn't "click". That's just how it goes in pinball.

I don't care for TZ either.....#2 all time but I don't find it overly engaging or "fun". Same with WOZ.

And while I totally get why LOTR is ranked were it is, it also was not a keeper game for me. Horrible multiplayer game and you better have some time set aside before you hit that start button. I'd rather play 30 consecutive games of IM then potentially one long one of LOTR.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

No not on pinside, you need to get on some of the new England forums. I picked up a 2010. If your looking for a VE I don't think youll have to look to hard. I wanted to save the money, and im very happy with the 2010.

Well there are over 2x as many 2010's as there are VE's.....but both pop up. Keep looking and you'll find something sooner or later. I ended up getting mine shipped but it was a weird set of circumstances that led to that. Put up a "wanted" add here on Pinside.

I'd love to see Stern do another run.....everyone who wants one should have the chance to buy it....I could care less about the resale value......crank'em out.

#1007 4 years ago

Okay WTF! Been playing IM everyday since I got it (Minus the Saturday I was gone) and I can't even tell you how many times I've reached Jericho.....7-8-9? and not once.....not ONE DAMN TIME has it lasted more than than 30 seconds......not once! In fact tonight I got to it twice, the first time I hit the ball exactly ZERO times......ZERO!

I will defeat you Jericho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh....one other thing. How do you get to, or know when you've started DOD? Can't recall ever seeing it but I thought it always comes before Jericho? Need to figure that out so I can figure out how to set up double scoring for it (Yes I know how to start double scoring....just not sure about DOD).

Oh I installed these tonight :

2015_03_05_21_03_58_ProShot.jpg

#1013 4 years ago

It also makes it a real skill shot!

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The thing I don't like about having the orbit post disabled is that during monger multiball it auto-raises the monger because a plunge results in a full shot around the orbit, so it thinks you made that. You don't actually have to make a shot to raise it yourself.

Hmmm....I'm not sure what my settings are exactly but that's not how mine works with my post disabled. On mine I must shoot the center spinner to raise Monger....at least to get it started the first time. I'm on version 1.83

What degree tilt on the playfield are most of you playing at? I'm right at 6.8% and it plays really fast.

#1023 4 years ago

Ahhh......I had DOD lit for the first time (at least it was the first time that I was aware of it) and failed to cash in!

Edit - Jericho still kicking my ass as well......love this pin!

I also had some friends (including some fellow Pinsider's) over on Saturday to play. IM was the main attraction since it was new and I'm the only one of our little northern Michigan group that has one at the moment. Everyone had a great time on it. Talk about a great multiplayer game....almost no waiting...lol.

#1024 4 years ago

A little progress:

2015_03_10_21_26_43_ProShot.jpg

This was making the DOD shot....but without double scoring. Got so excited that I had it set up that I forgot about double scoring first....next time. Also made it pretty far through Jericho...almost completed it.

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Settings:
* Outlane posts at position 2 (where 4 is hardest, and 1 is easiest)
* 3 balls, NO extra balls from points
Deviations from Factory Settings
* Standard #57 - Player competition mode = NO
* IM #6 - MONGER letter difficulty = MED
* IM #7 - MONGER start = HARD
* IM #11 - Jericho carry over ball-to-ball = YES
* IM #16 - Disable orbit up post = YES

I'm pretty much the same except I do get one extra ball at 20,000,000 and Jericho does NOT carry over. So it's do or die on Jericho (see what I did there).

#1029 4 years ago

Review - how do you get double scoring again?

I believe it's hit all the Iron Man targets and then hit one more to start double scoring.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

There are 2 methods for double scoring:
1:
Play the second Iron Man mode. After playing fast scoring, this requires hitting all 7 Iron Man targets and then starting the double scoring mode by hitting any of the Iron Man targets once more. Mode is on a timer.
2:
Successfully complete the Do or Die Hurry up. Double scoring will run for the remainder of the current ball in play and is not on a timer.
Notes:
The above modes can be stacked for 4x scoring subject to length of Iron Man double scoring timer.
Time can be extended via SHIELD award.

So if both "fast scoring" and "double scoring" are timed (under method #1) what is the difference between them?

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Which one do you prefer? IM or IMVE

Personally I would prefer IMVE.....but not by much. When I was looking I would have purchased either. Condition being the primary concern. Both play the same and that is far and away the most important.

#1045 4 years ago

but one negative I found on my VE is balls that come down the right rail tend to hit the the top of the right kicker instead of going to the right flipper.

On my VE it almost always goes to the flipper. It does hit the sling sometimes depending on how it comes down that rail. You can always slap it to get to your flipper.....or even make a slight leveling adjustment.

#1046 4 years ago

My average game is probably under 10,000,000. My best so far is just over 100,000,000.....so yeah it's one of those games. BTW my second best so far is 53,000,000. Games over 20 million are RARE.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This has to be the biggest risk/reward decision in pinball: you have DoD qualified and you're just a few IM targets away from starting double scoring. It takes a lot of guts to shoot those last few standups before starting DoD.

Well if you're like me.....you go for DoD.....the first time. Once you've done it you go for double scoring first. Unless you're playing in a tournament.....take the DoD in that case.

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My average game is probably under 10,000,000. My best so far is just over 100,000,000.....so yeah it's one of those games. BTW my second best so far is 53,000,000. Games over 20 million are RARE.

I checked my audits tonight and my average game is just over 9.4 million (good guess I made earlier).

Average game length is approximately 2-2.5 minutes. Longest game 8-10. So zero games over 10 minutes....amazing.

There is a lot that I have not accomplished yet according to my audits....too many things to list.

All that being said I've been playing it for less than 2 weeks.

#1052 4 years ago

This is not a joke.....tonight every time Jarvis either announced "Fast Scoring" or "Double Scoring" I lost the ball without even getting a chance to flip it once....and don't even ask how Jericho went
I love this game!

#1054 4 years ago

Had DoD ready to rock and only one target left to set up double scoring.........then guess what happened......

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'll buy it!!! How much?????

You (and anyone else who installed it) would be pummeled and on the floor in 2 minutes flat.

#1063 4 years ago

You would still play one more game though.

So how are you liking your ST / IM combo now? I'm loving ST with the new code (liked it before) but they are a great combo I think. Both are fast; but one is more "flowy"speed and super deep and a longer haul.....the other is just super fast BAM, BAM, BAM and then your dizzy.

2 weeks later
#1076 4 years ago

Yeah a shaker is a "must have" on IM. Had a pretty good run last night with several games busting 40,000,000.....but nothing epic. 2x scoring plus DoD still eludes me! Still, the number of sub 5,000,000 point games on this machine is shocking.........JUST ONE MORE!

#1078 4 years ago

IM does not respect you, but you will always respect it.

So you're saying it's like a loaded gun.

#1082 4 years ago

Nice.....anything over 10 minutes on IM and your in the 99th percentile!

1 week later
#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Got an IMVE on Thursday night. Spent WAY too much time on the weekend playing it (the wife's away which is PERFECT timing!).
Someone please tell me what just happened:
I had ALL of the Mark inserts lit. I had ALL of the character inserts lit AND flashing.
I couldn't make the middle spinner shot (had about 2 tries at it) before draining ball 3.
That would have got me into Do or Die multi ball, a VERY rare feat, correct?

It would have got you to the regular DoD.....not DoD multiball. DoD Multiball is a Unicorn.....a Valkyrie.....a Chupacabra. Mortal men will never see it.

#1086 4 years ago

Oh...I did reach Jericho three games in a row tonight......had DoD lit on the first game but missed the shot!

1 week later
#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Man it's quiet over here compared to the Metallica club. I'm considering one of these to purchase and the Met people are winning the battle even though I love IM. They say it's not as deep and it may not keep your attention in the long run. I love the in your face fast pace that IM gives you, but does MET have more to shoot at? I'm on the fence here. Any helpful opinions?

IM>MET

1 week later
#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Finally figured out Pinball browser.
Added ACDC Shoot to Thrill for War Machine multiball.
Makes it so much better and at reminds me more of the movie.
Loving my IMVE even more now.

I would love to do this! Does it take long?

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've been playing a ton of Iron Man since I picked it up (pics still coming). My only two issues, and they're minor, is that the right ramp is super stingy and it rejects a lot of clean, hard shots and my Iron Monger does as well. It's a bit of a bummer when that right ramp rejects a perfect shot only to cause a center drain.

That does not sound typical (the right ramp). Yes a rejected short shot will often drain....but a clean shot should fly up the ramp without issue....I've even backhanded that ramp on mine. Is there a flipper power setting?

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sad day as I have to leave the club today. IMVE simply has to go to make room. I couldn't believe this happened on my last game before I turned it off and folded it up, and all on ball 3. We part as good friends with a healthy respect for each other. Vale IM.

Bummer......probably just me but there are a least 5 other pins from your collection I'd let go before I let IM go.

So what's replacing it?

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Any one else surprised Stern didn't make an Iron Man LE version of the table? Never too late I guess. If they did, I'd have no other choice but to sell my pimped out VE and go for the LE. No idea what they would put on or in it to differentiate it from the Pro but I'd be a buyer for sure.

This is one of the things that makes IM EXTRA SPECIAL.....no retarded LE or Premium versions. It is how it should be, one version.......well I guess two dammit with the "VE" edition but I digress.

CRAP.....make that THREE versions with the even more ridiculous "Classic".......DAMN YOU STERN!

1 week later
#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just joined the club and bought a lightly used IMVE. The chest LED was out on the Iron Monger due to a broken wire. The factory wiring holes were just too small and the LED wiring was not moving freely. It was constantly pulling on the solder joints and eventually broke a wire off. I drilled out the hole a bit on the big bracket and will lightly glue the wiring harness at the hole on the smaller bracket. Should be no more problems after that.
Rob

Welcome.....it's one of my all time favorites.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I took the glass off to check DoD mode. I had all the characters lit and DoD did not start until I hit the center shot. After that shot the countdown began.

Correct....then hit it one more time to collect.....preferably with 2x scoring running.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just put up an epic game. Made it to Jericho twice, but bombed the second one. 95 Mil.
The game before, I had DoD and Jericho lit. I hit the shot to start DoD, but it bounced back out and drained SDTM!
This is such an incredible pin!

It is the most intense pinball machine ever built. As you begin to have a decent ball the intensity just ratchets up because the threat of a drain is ALWAYS imminent.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Honestly, I find my ACDC to be more of an outlane drain monster than my IM is.
Rob

I felt like AC/DC had too many "cheap" drains whereas IM just relentlessly punishes you for "missed" shots......might just be me though (ended up selling AC/DC but LOVE IM).

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

How do you get DoD mb???

You don't. (seriously just forget it exists)

Your ultimate goals should be hitting DoD with 2x scoring running and completing Jericho.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So DoD MB you need to complete all the characters, right? I know how you get Monger, I can do that pretty consistently. How the heck do you get the rest of them?

No....DoD is complete the characters.... on one ball. (I've done this twice in four months but only collected it once)

DoD Multiball is:
Complete 3 sets of Iron Man targets
Earn the SJP (super jackpot) on War Machine
Earn the SJP on Iron Monger
Earn the SJP on Whiplash
Complete 4 sets of Drones (light WM MB 4 times basically) Then win the lotto and get attacked by a brown bear and a polar bear in the same day.

#1202 4 years ago

I know a guy who wrote a long diatribe about DoDMB

That's where I copied and pasted my answer from (except for the bears and lotto thing )

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Would they look better or worse on a Color DMD?

Yes....I think they look better on a color DMD. Hopefully this game will get the full color treatment down the road.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

How do you get the SJPs on WL and WM?

Not exactly sure, I just know you need to keep more than one ball in play and keep hitting the shots. Eventually they go from Jackpots to Super Jackpots.

3 weeks later
#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thats not right...

Mike Reese

Really? Mine can knock one down on occasion.

#1245 3 years ago

Finally hit the DoD shot again (2nd time ever) but alas still no 2x scoring running.

Honestly I didn't even realize that it was lit......had a really good ball going, hit the center shot and then it tells me to hit it again for 35,000,000. I was like "shit.....how close was I to 2x?".....I was about 3-4 hits away from 2x. Such a great pin.

1 week later
#1257 3 years ago

(aiming for drones is crazy)

I do it all the time....they're pretty easy to hit and relatively safe......if ANYTHING in IM can be referred to as safe.

1 week later
#1262 3 years ago

Got my best score so far the other night. Finally finished Jericho....but alas no DoD this time.

2015_08_01_21_09_19_ProShot.jpg

#1265 3 years ago

I swear it took me 7 or 8 tries to hit the last shot on Jericho. Pretty lucky; you don't normally get that many tries on IM!

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Monger magnet is very slightly offset, so it shouldn't go SDTM ball drops onto the tip of the left flipper, maybe recheck side to side level

That's how mine is also........mostly, occasionally it will drop right down the middle. Same with Whiplash though....occasionally those get dropped down the middle as well; when it gets flicked a little left.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Played my brother today:

image.jpg

And that will be the last time you play him.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Ok so what modes has anyone actually completed? I can get War Monger fairly consistently, and completed Whiplash for the first time yesterday. Any tips on the rest?

I've completed Jericho.....once. The other modes I'm really not sure about....I never pay attention to the mode lights.....I probably should start doing that.

1 week later
#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

while I'm playing IM sometimes i hear a very faint Chicken bak bak noise in the back ground, never seen any of the movies really
please tell me I'm not loosing my mind

You're losing your mind

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

It Was doing my head in, So I had to clear my conscious, I can hear it clear now, roughly every 25 sec's

Can you hear it now.....while not playing the game?

#1309 3 years ago

We are the same in a way because we both own/owned HS2, ST Pro, WCS

I'm in that same boat.....so yeah sounds like he needs an IM! Just get a NIB shipped to your door for $500 more (unless they went up over the last VE run?).

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Here is a quick VID of the custom Pinball Browser music i added to my IMVE.
Sorry about my thumb.
ยป YouTube video

Me Want!

#1325 3 years ago

In the same game I got a TOTAL of 140,000 during "fast scoring" (It had not even said "fast scoring" yet and the ball was draining) and then a TOTAL of 500,000 for "Bogey"! (Didn't hit a single ramp or orbit).

I really don't think it's possible to do worse.....especially in the same game.

Checked my audits.....I now have a total of 2 games between 10-15 minutes (zero over). Average score is 12 million (not all me).

#1326 3 years ago

I'm over six months now with IM and it just keeps getting better. Still my "Go-To" pin. I never say never but I don't foresee me moving IM along any time soon. ST and IM really do make a great one-two punch and have hogged most of my play time. They play very differently but both are intense games. ST is more of a journey and IM is just pure bare knuckle brawler.

#1328 3 years ago

Thanks for the upgrade erak.....much appreciated!

#1332 3 years ago

Had DoD hurry up lit again today......hit the first shot to start it but missed the shot to collect!

Had only one shot left on Jericho yesterday!

If only I could put it all together in one epic game.

1 week later
#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So the shaker...worth it?

YES!

If you only did ONE thing to IM it should be add a shaker. I also agree that a sub would be #2.

1 week later
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Bump! Looking for the code which has shoot to thrill during war machine and Iron Man ending after game over. Can someone please PM me
if you have this? Thanks.

Check your other thread.....I just posted a link to it.

#1363 3 years ago

Well I think I just recorded one of the lowest scores ever while completing DoD hurry up (for 32,000,000 I might add!) and playing Jericho on the FIRST BALL.

Total score 67,800,000.

Now think about that....played every mode on one ball (ball #1). All those multiballs and collected 32,000,000 (out of a possible 35,000,000) on DoD Hurry up and started Jericho (which I have set to carry over). Balls 2 & 3 drain......drain. Fucking pinball (I love to hate you IM).

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

Can this be used on the original IM or just the Vault???

Both

1 week later
#1411 3 years ago

Had DoD Hurry Up ready to rock and had just started 2x scoring.............drain......

#1413 3 years ago

I did complete Jericho on one ball.....pretty proud of that.

#1415 3 years ago

Could you imagine IM with zipper flippers! You could play it......or you could just kill yourself.

1 week later
#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Well... I thought IM was the kick ass pin in my collection... average game time 2.30s..
Nope.. just checked WW... 2.06s average game time.

Something is wrong with your WW (or your ability )

#1422 3 years ago

We are talking about White Water here and not Water World right? (Pinside defaults to Water World for WW......???)

#1424 3 years ago

Whirlwind.......brutal?

#1433 3 years ago

Got my best score so far:

WP_20151019_20_28_13_Pro.jpg

Completed both DoD Hurry up (no 2x scoring) and Jericho (no 2x scoring). First time I've completed both in the same game.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Couple quick questions though -
Is there still no earnable extra ball in the game (just have to get lucky and get it awarded from war machine)?

You can set up an earnable extra ball.....I think mine comes at around 25 million.

Quoted from T-800:

How many of you have disabled your orbit up-post? After that first game, I disabled the post and the game is so much faster and more exciting.

I did for a while but people kept saying it was important to get the ball into the pops so I set it back to factory.....I might try it again though.

Quoted from T-800:

What is up with the letter "O" in the Drones artwork by their insert on the playfield? I had never noticed this before at all, was going over the game with a fine tooth comb to look for flaws in the clearcoat etc. and finally noticed that - - it looks like some paint is missing, but it's the same on every image I've ever seen, like it's supposed to be muzzle flash or something? One of those now that I've seen it I cant unsee it.

Never noticed it....and I'm not going to look now!

Quoted from T-800:

Jericho - did the rules change in this latest release on being able to start a multiball while in this Wizard mode (similar to how the DoD hurry up was reduced from 50 mil to 35 Mil)? When I finish M-O-N-G-E-R the previous Pinballnews write up says that two more balls should be kicked out for multiball, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

I'm on the latest code and there are no extra balls in play during Jericho......ever. It's a one ball mode, but you can set it up so it carries over to your remaining balls if you drain during it. Factory is one ball and one ball only.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

sideshow collectibles......price euh.....better not say.....around 2K
I'm nuts I know

Talk about a conversation piece! That is SWEET.

Have you guys seen the custom fit suits you can actually wear?

https://buyfullbodyarmors.com/store.html/

#1470 3 years ago

Iron Man - The only pin you can play in between sets while lifting weights.

2 weeks later
#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm, I haven't seen that even once in 5 years. Weird.

How have your never done that? I've done it a couple times in several months. And yes just wait for the ball search.

1 week later
#1560 3 years ago

Must...........r...e...s...i...s...t..........t...0...0.......m...u...c...h.....m...o...n...e....y......

Fuck it, I'm in.

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Excellent. Your training is complete.

image.jpeg

Yep....I already ordered one!

1 week later
#1612 3 years ago

Shaker is #1 - Do it or don't bother getting IM

Everything else is just "nice" to have but also personal opinion.

Me? I've gone Shaker (duh), External Sub, Color DMD, Topper, Color Changing Speaker Panels, Lighted Whips, Added Drone and Iron Man figures, Under Monger and behind Monger Lighting.

#1621 3 years ago

Jericho is much easier to get to than DoD hurry up and it's also more fun to play. Getting to it isn't that hard.... Finishing it is another story. BTW you essentially get to both the same way (play every mode) the difference is with DoD you played them all on one ball.

#1627 3 years ago

Do or Die is to get all the shields blinking on one ball and then you have a countdown to shoot the center shot for big points.

Shoot the center shot to start DoDhu and then shoot it again to collect. It starts at 35,000,000 (unless you have 2x scoring going) and counts down fairly quickly.

DoD Multiball is all character inserts flashing then shoot center shot to start. You can accomplish this over multiple balls and please let us know if you ever do. I only know one person who's done it so far (with outlanes set to the lowest/tighest setting).

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There are a lot of games in my collection that I consider harder than IM: Fathom, Dirty Harry, Whirlwind, Skateball...probably half of them, in fact. I define "hard" in terms of ball times, not scores.

You Crazy!

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So here was my situation last night. All shields lit solid and mark 6. DMD said do or die ready and hit center shot. That was hard because the monger raised up. I ended up draining with a final score of 17million lol. I did check this morning and realized it (and my new Avatar) were running old code which I updated this morning but have yet to play. I guess that was the hurry up since a multi ball didn't start. Is the monger raising at the start something normal or maybe old code?
As far as mods go I have shaker and external sub which is great.

Set Monger to 'hard' in the game settings (this will actually make the game easier).

1 week later
#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hi all. Just got one yesterday- original 2010- and have two questions. 1) anyone got a bulb list for LED replacements? Not into kits. Also 2) anyone know what code this should be running? It's not a VE but I saw new code available. Any other advice would be great. Oh, anyone else think the right ramp is too steep??
Jimmy

1. Sorry no
2. Get the latest code... No difference between original and VE as fast as code goes.
3. To steep? No...a clean shot flies around that top corner. I've even pulled off a backhand shot on that ramp.

#1684 3 years ago

I have finished Jericho twice.... once the hard way (one ball) and once the easier way (carries over to the next ball). Just yesterday I got one shot away...... One!

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That "easier" way is for pussies.

lol...... one ball was certainly more satisfying but multi was still hella fun.

#1688 3 years ago

Good job! Nothing to be embarassed about. Extremely hard to finish on factory settings.

Now lets be honest folks, finishing Jericho on one ball is a small miracle. Finishing it on multiple balls is still very difficult. Odds are you are down to only one or two balls by the time you qualify and start Jericho anyway.

#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh, there we go...yep, set up for pussies!

That's actually starting to get a little old and sound a little dickish. Tell you what anytime you'd like to go head to head on IM best of 10 on any setup you choose I'd be happy to oblige.

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I know having those post in helps a lot, but I was just happy to see my son getting a top score and the previous high-score players of this particular machine are pretty good. I don't know if the post settings were changed after they played it and I don't really care, I'll just be happy my son is finally interested in playing pinball and doing better than I can.

It's a hell of a score. I know who's pin this is and I also know he can kick the crap out of 90% of the people on here. Anytime you get your initials on one of Josh's games your doing really good.

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Maybe I beat you, maybe you beat me? Who the f cares? When you close in the outlanes all the way it neuters the game and makes the score irrelevant. That's all I'm saying. Open them back up. It's more fun when you do reach stuff then.

I broke 150,000,000 twice and defeated Jericho and collected DoDhu four times on factory settings. Then I decided to close them down and set Jericho to carry over. Yes the game got easier and I blew past that 150 million.... But it's even more fun overall and is still an ass kicker.

Play the game however you like....make it fun for you. But unless you 100% block those outlanes IM can never be set up for "pussies" (IMHO).

#1712 3 years ago

I had mine on factory for a solid 6-7 months. Achieved everything but DoDmb and breaking 200 million (155 was my best). In that time I had 2 games that broke 10 minutes. Since moving the posts down roughly 4 months ago I still have not cracked 200 mil (getting close) and have had 2 games over ten minutes.

The posts make a difference..... but not a huge difference.

#1740 3 years ago

SM is a great game....the only reason I never picked one up is because I was a little concerned about the longer ball times. I wish my buddy near would pick one up already he's been talking about one for years ST pushes the limits for ball times (for me) and SM seems to play a little longer. I would sell LOTR. Horrible multiple player game. It was great while I had it but I don't really miss it.

No machine is as intense as IM.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

To those that have fitted a color DMD, which dots type do you prefer?

I still need to install mine but rumor has it DotsXL

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Been to Jericho mode many a times and never completed it. I have yet to play a machine setup where the mode continues from ball to ball. Perhaps 2016 I'll be able to.

Come to my house Todd......I've finished it both ways (one ball and carry over) and currently have it set up to carry over because I think that way is more fun. Love the Jericho mode so I love to make it last longer and have a better chance of getting through it. Doing it on one ball is 90% luck.....maybe 80% for you.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is that axsetti

Is that a setting change ?

Yes....it's in the settings.

1 week later
#1800 3 years ago

Rob was also playing the old code which gave an extra 30,000,000 points for DoDhu with 2x running.

Quoted from mesmashu:

Thanks. I hit DoD... how do you get 2x DoD? And why did it start at 35 mil instead of 50 mil?

You have to spell Iron-Man on the targets for the second time to get 2x going. New code is 35,000,000.

3 weeks later
#1833 3 years ago

Everyone knows what a IMVE is. When you go to sell it you list it as a "VE" and the year it was made.

I honestly don't care that it shows up as just IM in my "collection". We certainly do not need two different ratings in the top 100 for it.

#1854 3 years ago

I agree with MK6PIN....shaker and color dmd are an absolute must; highly recommend a sub also.

#1868 3 years ago

DotsXL on IM!

#1873 3 years ago

I needed to sell something just to bring in something new but IM was not even a consideration.....LOVE that nasty pin! Ended up being ST....hated seeing ST go but I'm going to have some fun digging into GOT.

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Iron Man experts...assuming similar condition(but a few more plays obviously) would the value of an Iron Man VE differ from a Original Iron Man? If so by how much? Lets not consider mods etc...

I would say "a little".....few hundred maybe....just for the small changes and being newer.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Cool, I am looking at a Stock VE with Shaker vs a Original Iron Man with LED's, Candy Red Powder, Mirror Blades and better speakers.
So sounds like those would be pretty close in value.

Yep.....you would need to add a shaker to that original though (it's a MUST-HAVE).

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I'm in the club! I managed to
Get do or
Die already
Is starter at 35 million.. Thought it was 50? Hit it for 30 mill or
So.. The had Jericho ready and missed :p

Original code was 50, new code is 35. Of course you can always try and set up 2x scoring before starting DoDhu.

#1893 3 years ago

Set the outlanes where ever you want them to maximize your fun......key word being "your".....it's your game set it how you like it.

Mine are closed down......IM is brutal enough. I like short games but not 2 minutes short.

I have completed Jericho both ways......on one ball only and on multiple balls (set to carry over). I prefer it on carry over, it's just more fun to me that way and more "achievable".

Setting Monger to 'hard" actually makes the game a little easier......monger tends to get in the way too much when set to easy.

Amazingly IM is also easier at 7 degrees than it is at 6.5. Less side to side action. I'm at 6.8.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I apologize to the entire club. It is only temporary. I just needed the space for a couple months while I'm working on some winter projects. It isn't sold, just wrapped up for a bit.
image_(resized).jpg

You chose... poorly.

But at least we don't have to black list to you for selling

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I really want an Iron Man. I have a BSD + cash that I would put toward it. Preferably a routed IM.

That should be doable. Better yet just sell the BSD outright and then wait for the right IM to come along.....easier that way.

#1988 3 years ago

Yeah....mine has the purple behind and green underneath the playfield.....looks pretty sweet.

1 week later
#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Have ColorDMD in TAF, but not IM or LOTR?? Not the direction I would have gone if I could only have one.

Give him 5 minutes.....sheesh, he just got the thing.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

How do you all find color DMD in IM to look?

Personally IM would be my top priority....it's a HUGE improvement over the crap it came with. Had the game for nine months, put the color DMD in and my son says "are those scenes from the movies!?" He never noticed them before.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Seems like a do
Or die with double scoring is the holy grail ?

Well DoDHu with 2x scoring would give you 70 million, completing Jericho with 2x would give you 100 million. Just completed Jericho for the third time (2nd time with ball carry over).

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Quick question for you guys. Have anyone replaced the nylon orbit post with a metal one? Metallica owners use this armature
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3591
Apparently it works quite well at stopping the rebounds off the post. I couldn't find the orbit post assembly in the manual, and I am not sure if MET and IM use the same assembly. Does anyone know?
*Alright, I decided to take both posts apart and they look identical. I will try replacing with a metal post.

I have mine disabled right now.....kind of like it that way

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I personally don't feel it's overused ... I like that it stops the ball while monger is rising .

Well it makes for a real skill shot and also increases the overall game speed since any orbit shots always come flying back around. Less time in the pops but you still get there from any center shots and even some deflections through the left of center.

#2083 3 years ago

I was playing last night and had three games where I had almost everything set up perfectly to go after DODhu with 2x playfield.......guess how many times I collected?

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

Even the Monger magnet hates me, 3x today it has slung the ball right out the outlane !!!

My favorite is when it throws it OVER the slings....done it several times now.

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You've got an issue if it's doing that...magnet not level?

Perfectly level.....it doesn't happen often (few times out of hundreds of games) but it has happened. That magnet will occasionally toss it with such force that it goes airborn. I've heard of it happening to other IM owners as well.

2 weeks later
#2150 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hi guys looking for an IM and spotted one on eBay but it says it's a special edition it's not a vault edition anyone know what the special edition was Ive never heard of a SE ironman.
Also can anyone detail the real differences between the original runs and vault edition for me. Thanks in advance

Tread carefully.....it could be an IM "Classic", which is anything but. It's a stripped down version (if you can imagine) of the regular IM. Sort of a limited run "built for the home user" edition that was sold in discount stores here in the US. Classic doesn't have the two magnets, the cabinet is made of pressboard, the coin door is just a flat plate, the PCBs are mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, kicker removed from War Machine, Whiplash Toy removed and it's Missing some flasher dome lights. Other than that I can imagine what it would be.

There are three versions - IM (2010), IMVE and IM Classic. The first two offer 100% of the intended game play and design and come equipped with coin mechs.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Astropin I completely forgot Stern even produced the iron man classic
This is the pin in question not sure if seller is a Pinside member
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281982469107
Shame Stern don't appear to be making any more vault editions now I'm in a position to rebuild my lineup.

That's a regular IM original.....nothing special about it (except that it's been autographed by some unknown person.....which I actually doubt but even if it was that really doesn't raise the value.....and this one is overpriced). The "A.S." on the box means exactly squat.

2 months later
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

My IM is safely next to my IJ.

So is mine!

Actually it's on the other end. Two all time greats though!

#2212 3 years ago

Played IM, GOT and IJ this evening. IM still gets my blood pumping more than any other game ever AHHH....SOOO CLOSE....then drain (rinse /repeat). IJ is a really enjoyable change of pace. GOT makes you plan ahead but still has that famous Ritchie speed and flow.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have actual data from SFGE. 370 games of LOTR, 675 on IM. That's over 29 hours. Let's call it 27 since they probably had a few hours total down time. That gives us:
2.4" avg game time on IM
4.4" avg game time on LOTR

Sure...but if you own the game those numbers will climb.

I'm right at 3.2 now on IM but still never over 15. I can get to Jericho more often than not now.
On LOTR it was closer to 8 but I had many, many, many games go over an hour.....one went just over two.

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I already "crushed" RobT in an IM pin off a while ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grinder-901-vs-robt-in-an-iron-man-pin-off#post-2121187
And I've done a bunch since that thread. The mere fact that you don't even have ramp lights installed yet
It's ok KG, you can be the War Machine to my Iron Man any day

You do realize that the car with the most shit bolted to it never wins the show right?

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I picked up my VE in February of this year. Before I dive into my question for everyone, I just want to say that I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Game is simple, challenging, and addicting.
Which leads me to my question, how was this game not popular when it first came out?

Quoted from metahugh:

It received a ton of backlash because it was so stripped down compared to Stern's other offerings at the time. I know I didn't buy one because I didn't feel like I was getting my money's worth compared to other Sterns I could have purchased back then.

Yep, this was a classic sleeper. Looked stripped/barren compared to other new games and no one really gave it a fair shake. Then very slowly people began to discover that it was a ball busting, adrenaline inducing whirlwind of a game.....with code to match its speed and brutality. So a few years after it was first introduced it was fetching 7k for HUO's. Production numbers are still pretty low on this one with only two very small runs of VE's.

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm not sure deep rules would have worked on a game with such short ball times.

They wouldn't....for sure. Even the ultimate wizard mode is essentially unachievable on this one. But for heart pounding game play nothing tops it.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Finally grand championed my IMVE. The rush this pin provides is like no other. Time to try and beat Jericho now for some 200 million plus scores .

Hate to burst your bubble but I've beat Jericho a number of times and I've yet to see a 200 million score. (My best was 180 something).

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

66 million on the first ball only to end the game at 72 million.

So a very typical "good game" in other words.

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My high is 84 million...I honestly thought I was gonna break it today.

Guess I should have said "really good game".....72 million is a big score on IM. My all time is 180 million but games in the 60's-80's are still fairly rare. I'd hate to see my average score!

#2323 2 years ago

I'm happy for the people who love invisiglass....but it's just not a big deal to me. Maybe I'm too "old school" but the reflections never really bothered me at all. Yes invisiglass looks better, but not 1375% better (cost difference). If it cost $60 (3x more) I'd probably/maybe get it.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I never understood these kind of comparisons that say that if something cost "1375% more" that means that it should look or perform "1375% better."
Even people who love PDI and Invisiglass won't tell you that it looks "1375% better" than regular glass. But they will tell you that the price is worth the improvement to them, and that's all that matters.

Actually you're right. It was a silly way of stating it. I understand that people often pay large sums for tiny incremental improvements. Just look at the audio world or what people pay to gain a few more horses from their engines. Argument retracted.

I simply meant I personally don't think it worth its current price of admission. Someday that might even change.

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can't you just pull the glass completely to experience true no glare??

Funny, I tend to score better that way also.

#2340 2 years ago

I think IM is one of those games that is easier at 6.6-7.0 degrees than it is at 6.0-6.5. There is more "side to side" action on the lower settings which sends it out the outlanes.

2 weeks later
#2383 2 years ago

One more game! Glad you like it.
Yeah I kind of judge whether or not someone has good pinball taste by whether or not they like IM.

Only two kinds of people don't like IM. Those who haven't played it enough, and those who are just plain terrible at pinball.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Jus need 2 more ratings and imve is on the map....

Mine's in there already.....and it's the third highest pin I've ever rated.

#2414 2 years ago

Lookout the B/W guys will come and destroy IM with low ratings. It will not even be in the top 100 by next week. People who own Stargate will destroy it also. The Stargate folks all hate IM for some reason. I sold my SG a while ago.

Stargate lasted 3 months for me....I think that was a record.

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It should settle right where IM is now.

I personally thinks that's way too low...... 33?

2 weeks later
#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sadly, leaving the club. Was fun. Adios IM!

You'll be back

#2497 2 years ago

IM can be super intense, but I think GOT has it beat.

Sorry, have to disagree there. Owned both and GOT has moved on. IM isn't going anywhere.

1 week later
#2543 2 years ago

The best thing you can do is avoid shooting up the middle when Monger is dropping. Not that hard and I have not trapped a ball since doing it the first time.

Otherwise you play the ball/s still in play until they drain and then wait for ball search.

1 week later
#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I thought the disc type batteries didn't leak...don't they just lose power?

They don't leak.

1 month later
#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

FINALLY back in the Ironman club!
NIB Ironman Pro coming home, it's been a long time coming following some rough times but the collection is finally starting to grow again

Cool!......and I just picked up a Goldeneye.

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome choice man, Goldeneye is a seriously underrated pin, but when it's working 100% IMO there is nothing else that plays like it and it's a great compliment to IRONMAN and the rest of your collection congrates on the purchase.

Just set it up today and this one plays great. I have it set at 7 degrees and can hit all three ramps from the left flipper. Satellite shot is always fun.

3 weeks later
#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah my slings were crazy sensitive so I loosened them up a little. At least gives me a chance.

I've got my IMVE outlanes set in the middle. I've got MONGER set to Hard (makes game a little easier). I have the game at 6.8-7 degrees (makes it a little easier), and I have JERICHO set to carry over (although I did that after completing it on one ball first). It's a really fun mode and I like to keep it going. I also have the top post turned off. Makes for a very difficult skill shot and greatly increases the overall speed of the game. Just my own personal settings after playing if for a while.

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is no middle. Like I said above, there are 4 holes available. I'm assuming that holds true for the VE.

You're right....one up from closed.

3 weeks later
#2656 2 years ago

It's a Single Ball Masterpiece!

Threw up 143million just the other day. Followed that up with 5 million.

2 months later
#2713 2 years ago

It's an IM WALKOFF!

walk off.jpg

#2726 2 years ago

I do have that same topper Grinder.....one of the very few I've ever liked.

1 month later
#2762 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I haven't played my IM in months, had a spare 30 mins earlier tonight, and not jokingly probably played about 20 games in that time. The game just kicked my ASS tonight. Literally every missed shot drained immediately with no chance to save it. Balls draining off the plunge without ever flipping the ball. IM and Whiplash throwing it down the side. God, I hate this game sometimes!!! Almost broke my hand slamming a table in frustration. LOL, I'll be back you mutha-effer...I love you.

There has never been a better "love to hate it" game.

3 weeks later
#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I finally installed a shaker motor tonight in Iron Man...why did I wait over a year to do this?!?!?!?!
It's my first shaker install on the SAM system...I definitely like the SPIKE shaker install much better.
I know I've said it before, the game is extremely shallow, but the fun level is off the charts. I don't see how I'll ever tire of this game.

I've had mine for over two years and I have not even began to tire of it. Can't say it will last forever but it's as "keeper" as I ever get.

1 week later
#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might be a silly question, but with AC/DC getting another green light, does anyone think they'd do another run of IM VE in 2018? So many people enjoy this pin, one of their best IMO.
The cult status of this pin has only grown among pinheads since the 2010 & 2014 releases. Seems like they only ran acouple hundred VE's. Another run sure would be nice for those of us who were late to the party.
Wishful thinking I suppose.

I hope they do. It's a pin that could use even more exposure.

#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

so strange that in the USA this pin is more than loved, but not really so much in Europe... !?

That is strange. I can tell you that I did not care for it at all after playing it a half dozen times or so. It took a while to grow on me and now it's one of my all time favorites.

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Good choice....it's a pretty good "bang for your buck" as well.

#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With both games Borg knocked them out the park considering the creative and budget restraints he was under at the time.

Looks like he's done it again with Aerosmith.

#2803 2 years ago

"Bill of Materials" = Cost to Build.

I really don't think AS is that much greater...yes for the art but the license was probably cheaper. The playfield isn't super cluttered.

#2813 2 years ago

IM over AFMr for me. I was considering picking up an AFMr but honestly I think I'd rather have an Aerosmith over an AFMr also.

1 week later
#2831 2 years ago

It's IM that has made me rethink Star Wars. Star Wars came out and looked pretty barren...Then I remember that was the same slam people had against IM (I did too). Boy was I wrong about IM and Star Wars (hopefully) is the same way. If it has speed and adrenalin then it will make into my house someday. Sooner if this whole Alien thing doesn't shake out.

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

but I wouldn't ever shake the feeling of being fleeced on SW by Stern.

If that's the case then you should never buy one. IM's sored all the way up to 7k before the VE announcement...they still sell for right around 5k with mods. If the code is GREAT and the game is super fun then that's all you can really ask for and shouldn't feel fleeced.

WOZ is LOADED...but I personally do not care for it.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

WOZ is LOADED...but I personally do not care for it.

My point being I would feel fleeced buying a WOZ. It's not about how much "stuff" is jammed into the game...it's about how much entertainment I get out of the game (for me). Does SW fit my "entertainment" mold? I have no idea yet. I didn't think IM would...but it did, so SW has potential to surprise me.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought an IM vault. my main complaint is that is doesn't have the rails under the playfield like most cabs do, it only had these two post with rubber caps. has anyone done anything about this?

You can purchase the actual rails...many have.

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

cool found em, http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956
seems pretty cheap not to include such and essential item

That is Stern these days.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The thing that made IM work out was the rules. The rule set is perfect for the game. But just because it worked out great for IM doesn't translate to them doing it again for Star Wars. I hope they can bottle lightning again, but I'll wait to see.
Meanwhile IM will continue to kick my ass.

Which is exactly why I said "hopefully". Code will be key with this game...hell it's key with any new game.

#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm close to selling mine, but part of me would rather sell my GoT pro instead. I have a SWLE on order so I have to pay for it somehow. GoT pro is such a fugly game to look at even compared to IM. And the gameplay of SW will be a lot like GoT so maybe I keep IMVE. IMVE certainly has an immersive FUN factor that GoT, in spite of it's good rules and gameplay, just doesn't have.
Rob

Owned both....GOT has moved on. I liked it but it's no IM.

#2855 2 years ago

Buddy of mine has MET. Great game but like you Greg I don't quite feel the love. Would I like to own one...yes. Would I give up IM to do so...no.

2 weeks later
#2889 1 year ago

I have a small collection so eventually things move on just to keep it interesting. Several times now it's crossed my mind to sell IM and get something new....like AS or AFMr or maybe the new SW. Then I play it some more and know that I would eventually regret it (and I don't normally regret moving a game on). IM isn't going anywhere anytime soon...but if my Alien doesn't pan out one of those above games will be joining.

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have used cliffys carbon fibre magnet protectors and they seem to work great at protecting the edges of the playfield where the magnet cores come through the playfield.

Thanks for that...just ordered a set.

#2909 1 year ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

If you don't see what you're looking for just email him. I just bought the carbon fiber magnet protectors from him but he does the stainless steel as well.

#2920 1 year ago

I would sleep with Tron, f IM and marry LOTR, sooo yeah.

With IM it's definitely a Hate F.....I got divorced from LOTR...fun while it lasted but she did start to drag me down with her long ball times.

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I can pretty much say at this point it's gonna be a few years before I achieve the DOD multiball.

Try centuries (not a joke).

3 months later
#3070 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm curious: where do these alternate sounds come from and why? Do you substitute your sounds for, say, the screech of a drone hit or the boom of a War-Machine kickback?
The sounds on IM are a big reason why I like it so much. They are hella tight! The steady unspooling of absurd amounts of ammo' during certain multi-balls, with all the plinking shell cartridges that litter the ground and the thousands of ricochets, is cool as SH_T! I would love to know where they got those sounds. There is a digital artist out there who made them from real weaponry samples and he deserves mad props! The drone screech, too, is spot on. It's, like, What the hell was that? And don't even get me started on the sounds of Monger stomping his way to a battle-ready stance! Boom! Boom! Boom!
How can you improve on that stuff? I would happily listen myself, but I have no IM of my own, so I can't install it and try it. I'm not hating. I'm just asking.

It doesn't change everything....just adds a few missing touches. You get AC/DC "Shoot to Thrill" during War Machine multiball and you get the original Black Sabbath "Iron Man" when the game is over. At least that's what the version on mine does...actually I have the version with the "dubstep" Black Sabbath Iron Man...I think it fits the pin better.

3 weeks later
#3096 1 year ago

Here ya go Grinder...just came back from being graded:
20171103_130159 (resized).jpg

Got a small stack graded:
20171103_130209 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finally ordered a colordmd for my IMVE! I had temporarily tried the one from my ACDC in IMVE and thought it was really great... It sure makes the dots so much more coherent! Going back to red dots on this game made me sad
Rob

A must for IM.