(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sixmillion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4221 3 years ago

So I have never played Ironman, but I do like the theme. I have an opportunity to sell my Metallica pro to buy a new Ironman vault edition. I am on the fence about what I should do.

I like the look (art) of Metallica better, but I am not sure about everything else. They both have the same amount of toys, 3 each including 1 bash toy each. Metallica has 3 drop targets while Ironman has none, but Ironman has 3 spinners and Metallica has none.

As for rules, I know Metallica and the crank it up modes are great, but I don’t really know Ironman rules enough to compare?

As for game play , Metallica shots are tight, but not having played Ironman I don’t know how it shoots?

In the end I would put a lot of emphasis on is it “fun” ? Some people say Metallica is like chopping wood, is Ironman like this?

So if any of you have both of these games or are familiar with both of these machines I would appreciate some feedback. My window of opportunity to sell my Metallica is small so I have to make a decision very soon.

Thanks
Mike

1 week later
#4230 3 years ago

I just joined this club! I have a new Ironman vault edition on the way to me. Hopefully it will be here next week, can’t wait to finally get to play this machine. I have been reading the pinball news rules and tips for Ironman. It is based on code 1.40 but I know Lyman updated the code recently. Let the excitement begin ✌️

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Code has come a long way since 1.40 - you should be very happy! Initial VE here, goes a few months without a game, then it hits me for about 50games back-to-back. Great audio.

Glad the code is good. I guess that is the advantage of buying a machine that is “seasoned” as opposed to a new machine that was just released. It can sometimes take many months if not years to get the code, mechs etc. Working to satisfaction.

Ironman has been around a decade now. Stern just recently did a Re-vault of a vault. Was that a first for any pinball machine? I think that speaks of the love people have for this pin. It seems to get a lot of praise from current and past owners. I just sold my Metallica pro to buy this re-vault version.

2 weeks later
#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

To fix your airballs, use a straight edge across the monger plate and adjust the screws until plate is flush with it.

To adjust the iron monger plate, is it the 3 screws on top of the plate? Do you need to adjust all 3?

Thanks
Mike

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

The adjustment screws are on the bottom of the Monger mech. There is a photo somewhere in this thread.

Having a closer look at the air balls I noticed it is not the monger plate because I checked it with a ruler and it is flush with the playfield but rather the standup targets and the post next to the left ramp with the black rubber that is causing the air balls.

#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Any chance you have Titan rubbers on the post sleeves? I get airballs from quite a few of my games from those bad boys. They have a tapered version which calms that down.

No I am using stock rubbers

1 week later
#4244 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a copy of the new code with the custom audio soundtrack-Iron Man playing at the end along with shoot to thrill? I have the 2010 run

I would like this as well, anyone?

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I would like this as well, anyone?

Except I have the new vault edition

#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think this is the code the last two posts are looking for. I installed it last week and really like it.
Thanks Libtech!

Thanks is this for the vault edition?

3 months later
#4376 2 years ago

Having an issue with the pop bumpers firing on their own during the gameplay when the ball is not near them, I am not sure why this suddenly started happening. Anyone know what this problem could be?
Thanks
Mike

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Most of the time that is simply spoon or switch adjustment on the pop itself.
It is a pretty simple thing. The skirt (the thing the ball hits at the bottom of the pop bumper) has a pointer on it. That pointer rests in a spoon under the playfield. That spoon is what actuates the switch.
So either the pointer is not resting in the center of the spoon, or the switch is too close. They normally don't just go out, so something went wrong with it. The thing that is most likely triggering the pop is vibration. So with the glass off, give the playfield a thump with the side of your fist, and if it pops, start looking for the one that is wonky. Also watch closely to which pop is firing, because it is quicker if you know which one if messed up.

Thanks Dave, I was hoping it was something simple. I will have have a look at it today.

Quoted from DaveH:

Most of the time that is simply spoon or switch adjustment on the pop itself.
It is a pretty simple thing. The skirt (the thing the ball hits at the bottom of the pop bumper) has a pointer on it. That pointer rests in a spoon under the playfield. That spoon is what actuates the switch.
So either the pointer is not resting in the center of the spoon, or the switch is too close. They normally don't just go out, so something went wrong with it. The thing that is most likely triggering the pop is vibration. So with the glass off, give the playfield a thump with the side of your fist, and if it pops, start looking for the one that is wonky. Also watch closely to which pop is firing, because it is quicker if you know which one if messed up.

#4386 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Mike,
You'll have to lift the playfield. The leaf switch for that pop bumper needs to have its gap slightly opened. The switch is underneath the white spoon. You can use needle nose pliers. Don't pull it back too much as then the pop bumper will rarely pop.

Dinot thanks for this, I will give it a go.

4 months later
#4557 2 years ago

I understand that the Ironman fast scoring mode can be built up when you are in the Ironman mode by hitting the Ironman targets for an additional 1k per hit for a maximum of 50k per hit. At the start of the mode it defaults to 10k per hit. How is this possible if this mode is timer based?
That would mean you would have to hit the Ironman targets 40 times over to reach the 50k per hit. And then once you build it up to the maximum 50k, you try to get it to the spinners or pops to cash in some big points. I am not sure if the best player in the world could do this, just spelling the Ironman targets twice for double scoring is a difficult chore, and that only takes 14 hits to the Ironman targets. What am I missing here?

2 weeks later
#4585 2 years ago

For a machine that is heavy on spinners, does Ironman have a “super spinner” mode?

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

all spinners are Super, but sadly it doesn't have a specific mode with that title.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

indeed...
dont wanna say it, but than yes, if you can use them in fast scoring or to grow iron monger value, that's very fun to shoot them

Yes while playing my machine I noticed a heavier bass sound from the spinners when in “fast scoring” and monger mode. I like the fast scoring mode, I find it fun to play. But those shots to the Ironman targets are oh so dangerous! I love the dmd animations in this mode as well.
Now I have to work on getting this mode timer extended by collecting the shield targets before starting the Ironman mode to collect the mystery award which will most likely be “time extended “ but I find the shot to war machine the most difficult shot in the game for me.

2 years later
#4976 56 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LED, but the code has an option for LED or incandescent. LED option will remove some of the fading/dimming FX. I turned it back to incandescent even tho I have an LED vault, as the “less smooth” LED effect doesn’t bother me. But you could but LEDOCD or Incandescent bulbs in a Vault if you wanted to. All the options are doable.

I have the newest vault version, I did not know that was an option. What is the difference? How do I change this setting?
Thanks

#4978 56 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The difference is that LED has purely on/off lighting FX. Incandescent has fading style FX. Fading FX still work with an LED game, but will be a bit strobey compared to incandescent smoothness. Some are bothered by it, that’s why the LED option exists. It doesn’t bother me, I think the fading looks fine on Iron Man with LEDs.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this information, I will have to give this a go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sixmillion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Sixmillion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.