(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2517 7 years ago

Hi,
Will from France. I just acquired today a very nice IM classic, i'm very happy .
But flippers are a bit weak (settings on hard). They are the same left and right and reference is 090-5032. In the manual it's a 5032 for the left and 5030 for the right. So i need to change at least one coil. I would like to know if i can upgrade coils, put a one level stronger for each one? It seems that in the IMVE, Stern puts stronger coils than the classic, is it true? If yes, can someone give me reference of the coils?
It's my first Stern pin and i'm much more used to B/W pin so... If you can help me, it's nice.
(I want to upgrade coils cause i like fast games but of course a rebuild kit is on the way)

Thanks!

#2518 7 years ago

Also i have an other question: the stock red display have lines out (3), that's really annoying and i want to replace it with a used DMD. Can i bought a DMD from latest Stern like ACDC, ST for exemple or it doesn't fit?

#2519 7 years ago

Reference of my display (red) is 520-5052-05 and it seems that it can be replaced by the newer ones 520-5052-15. Can somebody confirm that? I contacted Stern but no answer yet.
My IM is a Euro version and it have a different display than the US version (us version is a standard Dot Matrix who can be used in DE, Bally/Williams etc..)

#2522 7 years ago

Thanks a lot!

1 week later
#2566 7 years ago

Hi guys,
does anybody have problems to adjust music and sound effects volume? I would like to adjust music volume louder than effects, i tried everything in the settings (volume from 1 to 15, music volume at -60, -20, 0, +30 etc...) and nothing changes. I hear no differences at all.
Code is 1.83.
Help please.

1 week later
#2578 7 years ago

Am I a bad player or the Super Jackpots on IM especially for the Whiplash and War Machine MB are super hard to get? Maybe i have to work my "pin-fu" but wow... BSD super jackpots are a lot easier compared to this.

I hope one day Stern will do a new code with a real skill shot and a more atainable DoD MB... This game deserves it.

#2580 7 years ago

Yes i already try a few games with post disabled, but i prefer enabled. Changes are significant for the shields awards too, i think the game is better with the post enabled but i agree, the skill shot is boring.

#2582 7 years ago

We must submit a petition to Stern for a new code! We can make it

7 months later
#2785 6 years ago

I live in France and Iron Man is the best for me

#2788 6 years ago

Since i have Iron Man (my first Stern) i am desperatly in search of others Stern similar, with the same intensity, speed brutality and fun. But i don't find... And i had many...
I will get soon a Avatar, not the same ratings and reputation but i think it will be close to IM, i hope
I already had SM, Tron, TWD, LOTR, XM, ACDC, MET, all are gone. But IM will leave the day i'll lose interest in pinball

#2794 6 years ago

Thanks for your feedbacks!

#2801 6 years ago

BOM?

#2805 6 years ago

IM vs anything, IM wins

#2808 6 years ago

If i have to keep one pin, it would be IM easily. This one will never leaves my house, never ever.
Well, i already have my coffin

#2810 6 years ago

Chuck Norris achieves Do or Die Multiball the first time he plays IM

1 week later
#2856 6 years ago

I had MET, gone with no regrets. I don't find this machine to have a great flow, i find it clunky, and boring after awhile.
Too much cheap drains and not fun and adrenaline rush like IM. It was a big deception for me.

3 weeks later
#2930 6 years ago

Hmmmm no.... Do or die starts at 35 millions.

2 weeks later
#2957 6 years ago

I put Iron Man - Black Sabbath on game over sequence with a fade out and it's very nice.
I also changed the music of some sequences like WM multiball, Whiplash multiball and Bogey with some Stoner/Heavy rock tunes (Atomic Bitchwax , Wet Cactus and Sasquatch) and Iron Monger MB with QOTSA - Misfit love and since i do that my IM is the best pin in the world it's just the better "mod" i do. This pin have some badass stock sounds and music and now it's perfectly perfect.
I will share the code soon if interested.

2 months later
#3055 6 years ago

Hi guys, here is link where you can find my custom sounds code for IM Pro and VE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

If you like it, tell me!

2 weeks later
#3071 6 years ago

I don't change sounds, just musics for some parts. No ACDC or dubstep Black Sabbath for mine. Changes are described in the topic linked.

5 months later
#3214 6 years ago

What is your updated code? Is it mine with Black Sabbath Iron Man for the Game Over part?

#3216 6 years ago

Maybe it's my code, i also change musics for Whiplash and War Machine MBs, Bogey and Iron Monger. If you like it, then thank you
IM is a great game, my favorite Stern

1 week later
#3230 6 years ago
1 week later
#3249 6 years ago

Iron Man of the Galaxy?

1 week later
#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have been enjoying this sound mix. Awesome multiball remix. Plus it plays Black Sabbath at the end of the game!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-music-code-for-iron-man-pro-and-ve

Thanks! I'm glad to see there's other people than me who likes my code

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That’s a holy trifecta of modern gameplay right there. Iron Man, Metallica & Iron Maiden.

I have IM and Met Pro and i think about buying IMDN, i'm not a big fan of the band but the layout is killer. If IMDN is a big adrenaline rush then it will be in my gameroom for sure!

1 month later
#3303 5 years ago

You can't have more than one ball in Jericho.

9 months later
#3485 5 years ago

Hi guys,
what do you think is better for IM, ColorDMD LCD or LED? Does the LCD fits well with the pixelated animation from the movie?

#3489 5 years ago

Does the LCD is more reliable than LED? I had several red dmd led installed with an additionnal line or pixels missing...

1 month later
#3518 4 years ago

Hooked on Pinball

After owning at least 35 pins, i'm sure my Iron Man will never leave. In fact, if i'm not interested in pinball anymore, i will keep it, just because it's a perfect game.

8 months later
#3630 4 years ago

All of your ideas for a code update are cool. I would add:
The volume of music and voices in the settings doesn't work.
There's no sound for the Whiplash SJP.

1 month later
#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My new Ironman came like this....[quoted image]

More pictures please

#3689 4 years ago

NEEEEEEWWWWWW COOOOOOOOOODDEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

#3701 4 years ago

It's already fine like that. Combos and a more fun skillshot will be cool but i'm very happy now

#3734 4 years ago

Just updated mine. I forgot the original soundtrack, i made a custom code with Black Sabbath at the end of game, and more modifications for Whiplash, Bogey and WM. I will put my code for download soon (with Tron and TWD custom code too). Damn, that super skillshot is hard...

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:I wasnt given a timeline on any new code, that would be silly and unmeasurable, but i was told any bugs that i find in the new code or recommendations would be heard.

On my machine (Original not VE) the modifications for attenuation Speech and Music don't work. I can put -40 or 40 and it's always at the same level.
I think it will be cool to add:
_ combos
_ do something to make Do or Die MB attainable
_ a skill shot with right ramp shoot or 3 way combo mega skill shoot (right ramp, left ramp, Whiplash)
And it will be fine for me

#3743 4 years ago

As promise, i change the 1.85 code. You can also find my custom codes for Tron, TWD and Met Pro. Hope you'll like them.

Custom code for 1.85:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5566813

#3747 4 years ago

I can include Shoot to thrill to my code if you want, just tell me where and i'll make it (i.e instead of Monger MB)

sulli10: you will find informations with my link

#3758 4 years ago

I've got 2 extra balls on my last game... Not a good thing. The game is more easy now, it's the last thing i wish for IM

#3778 4 years ago

You can try mine if you want, i have created a topic.

#3781 4 years ago

No problem. But did you try it? It fits very well with the game, well for me anyway.

#3784 4 years ago

Monger letter difficulty to Medium
Monger set to Hard (you have to hit the center shot only to activate Monger)
I also set Extra Ball to 3 IM targets and only 1 extra ball

#3791 4 years ago

Sometimes you hear it, sometimes it's just a short version of the callout. It's what i love on IM, you always hear new callouts, even some years after !

#3792 4 years ago

I really appreciate the code update 1.85 but honestly the addition of the super skill shot sucks, for 2 reasons:
- it's basically the same thing with the simple skill shot, shoot the top lanes
- i'm reallly bad to make it, i i haven't done it yet, even after a dozen of games

#3808 4 years ago

Hope to see the DMDcolor update soon!
There's new animations for Whiplash, Arc reactor bonus, high champion scores etc... Also, the menu settings is monochrome since the last update, but maybe the coders don't want to lose time with that. It will be cool if the menu is colored.

1 week later
#3870 4 years ago

I think i love the 2010 Stern era, IM my favorite game, followed by Tron, and Avatar which i like very much. Simple rules, fast and addictive gameplay, i just find this games immersive. I had more recent games, but after a few weeks it was boring. IM and Tron are not perfect, but it's just what i think is pinball, easy to learn hard to master. I love these games and i can easily stay with them for the rest of my (pinball) life.

2 weeks later
#3951 3 years ago

I dream of a 1.87 update with a ramp skillshot combo (i hate the new lane skillshot, too hard) and an attainable DoD Multiball. But, i'm really happy right now good job Stern

#3979 3 years ago

I only have Tron and IM right now, and i'm a happy man

5 months later
#4160 3 years ago

What are the callouts you added and where? Thx

10 months later
#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, Lyman added something, i think its extra ball available at the left ramp !?
need to read the update list...

Arc reactor bonus, must be collected at the center shot.

1 month later
#4590 2 years ago

And one of the most satisfying shot in pinball

#4596 2 years ago

A quick demo of my Iron Man. My favorite pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadrac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.