(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1689 8 years ago

I just got an IM two days ago and I have a question, my son has been playing it quite a bit and hit Jericho 3 times today on factory settings. He didn't finish any, but is that still pretty good to just get it? I've only come close to getting it once, but I don't pick up on games as fast as he does, and it's only been 2 days.

IMG_1789.jpgIMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1793.jpgIMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1798.jpgIMG_1798.jpg

#1696 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh, there we go...yep, set up for pussies!

That's how it was when I got it, so I stand corrected, not on factory settings. I guess I jumped the gun as this game was not NIB. Yes, having the outlanes adjusted in does make it easier.

Quoted from pinster68:

Shot in the dark here, but when you say "factory settings" are you factory default, or a specific factory difficulty (easy, hard, extra hard, etc.)?. Also, what are your outlanes and play field pitch set to?

I just went through all the adjustments available and don't see any specific settings such as easy, hard, etc. like I've seen on other newer Stern's. Everything is set to factory with the exception of being set on free play, pitch is about 7.

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Might be worthwhile to look at your drain audits to confirm if the outlanes are getting there "fair share" of attention. Iron Man is notorious for outlane drains, so easy outlanes is going to neuter the difficulty quite a bit.

I know having those post in helps a lot, but I was just happy to see my son getting a top score and the previous high-score players of this particular machine are pretty good. I don't know if the post settings were changed after they played it and I don't really care, I'll just be happy my son is finally interested in playing pinball and doing better than I can.

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'd also suggest dropping the playfield to 6.0 to 6.5 degrees. You'd think higher is tougher but it promotes more vertical speed and less side-to-side action, and less activity at those already easy outlanes.
Very curious to hear feedback after you make the changes.

Will do!

#1707 8 years ago

Even with the outlane post in the lowest position this game is still pretty fast and tough. We've had plenty of outlane drains despite them being closed up, but after I get a better feel for the game I'll move them up a notch.

I don't like getting pissed off all the time when playing a new game, I want to have fun. For a so-so player like myself I need a little extra help to enjoy this new $5k toy. I used to have my games set on 4 balls plus some extras, but I've come to realize this only makes it tougher for myself when I play someones else's games, plus I try harder if it's set up harder.

#1715 8 years ago

My son just beat Jericho on the "pussies" setting and hit 251mill. I know it doesn't count but he sure had fun getting it! I told him it looks like I need to open up the outlanes and see how he does.

#1717 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How steep is your playfield? Just curious

About 7 degrees, but I'm going to knock it down to 6.5 as mentioned by Pinster68 to promote more side-to-side action. Right now that ball likes to shoot down pretty fast, especially if it doesn't make it all the way up the right ramp and then it's SDTM. My son has been playing it for about the last two hours straight, if he ever gets tired maybe I can play a game on it. He prefers solo when he's on a mission, which now is to get DoD mb.

So there's less side-to-side with a steep pf, but there's also added danger of draining SDTM from a fast moving ball.

#1722 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

how old is this budding professional pinball player if you don't mind the question ? "my son" is vague.

He's 15 and has always been a fast learner, and not just with pinball and video games. At 12 he quickly learned to juggle and ride a unicycle at the same time, whatever he takes an interest in he becomes good at quickly.

Maybe he has a shot for a lucrative career as a tourney player?

Quoted from ATLpb:

you've said you've only had game a short time and are on factory settings.

Except the outlane post are in the lowest position! I want to open them up and see how he does, I'll report back on that.

1 year later
#2772 6 years ago

I bought mine and it already had the gold powder coat trim done, I wasn't crazy about it at first but it grew on me. As Meegis stated about his, bad lighting and pics don't do it justice. But I think his color looks better, being a darker hue.

I've had mine for almost 2 years now and I've thought about selling it a few times (including back to the previous owner which I backed out on, sorry again Josh!), but I just can't let it go yet. Great pin for a quick ass-kicking!
IM1 (resized).jpgIM1 (resized).jpg
IM2 (resized).jpgIM2 (resized).jpg
IM3 (resized).jpgIM3 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=RonB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.