(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reaper802.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3363 5 years ago

I officially joined the club today. Under 1400 plays, HUO, with shaker and saidwall art. I'm the 3rd owner and she might as well be new. Threw 4 new balls in it just for good measure. I need to locate the carbon fiber magnet protectors I've seen floating around ASAP. I'm also getting a little bit of ball hop off the front of the Iron Monger plastic so I need to figure out how to adjust that height. Final adjustments tomorrow, I'm worn out after driving all day to go get her.

20180831_195033 (resized).jpg20180831_195033 (resized).jpg
#3366 5 years ago

Is this lone metal tab in everyone's shooter lane or just mine? Other than nicking up balls what could its purpose be?

20180901_132205 (resized).jpg20180901_132205 (resized).jpg
#3367 5 years ago

These are the famous hack installed Stern flipper buttons correct?

If I recall correctly I should remove the screw and washer and then flip the hex nut holding the flipper button in over. Then the washer and screw will not be needed. Is that right?

20180901_150033 (resized).jpg20180901_150033 (resized).jpg
#3371 5 years ago

I have IM set at 6.5* with the bubble just touching the top line. I can post pass with no issue from the right flipper over to the left flipper. I can not post pass from the left flipper over to the right flipper. Is this normal geometry or is there some sort of adjustment I should be looking to make?

1 week later
#3372 5 years ago

Will any more Arc Reactor bumper caps ever be made?

Still trying to figure out if every IM can't post pass from left to right or if there is something wrong with my setup.

Sector 16 Iron Monger decal installed yesterday followed by at least an hour of dialing in the lid to try and get it perfect with the playfield. It's as close as I can get it now without starting to bend stuff. Played several games after and had zero air balls so I think I'll call it good enough.

#3376 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone make and sell the EL Wire whips for whiplash?

I've got some EL Wire on order now to make a set. I'll try and take photos as I go. Shouldn't be too hard.

1 month later
#3397 5 years ago

Lucky duck. I've been searching for a set and have had no luck.

#3399 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I swear the last time I looked they were out of stock and out of production. I ordered the last set. $16.00 shipping is pretty rough but so it goes...

#3402 5 years ago

These look and feel epic! Going to wait to install until I get Titan rings ordered. Going to see if they run any Black Friday deals. I'm thinking yellow all the way around other than the flippers. I'll keep those red.

20181120_190035 (resized).jpg20181120_190035 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3413 5 years ago

Yes I believe so. Mine also has it.

#3421 5 years ago

Installed the yellow Titan Silicone rings today along with plastic protectors from Pinbits and the custom pop bumper caps. It took just over four and a half hours and looks amazing. Working around the ramps is a major pain in the ass. I was going to completely remove them but couldn't figure out how to access the lower right and left screw holding the backer trim in. They must install them using black magic or alien technology... (Who has gotten that thing out and how in the hell did you do it???)

There are also a few stock rubbers under the back of the right ramp that I couldn't switch out because of that issue. The ring kit I ordered from Titan had all the roll over rings the same size but when I switched them out the top stock rings were larger than the bottom. Doesn't appear to effect game play at all but a little frustrating. I'll get some photos up once I get good natural light tomorrow.

#3422 5 years ago

Photos as promised including one of the two stock black rings I couldn't get to.

20181203_083834 (resized).jpg20181203_083834 (resized).jpg20181203_083856 (resized).jpg20181203_083856 (resized).jpg20181203_083912 (resized).jpg20181203_083912 (resized).jpg20181203_083926 (resized).jpg20181203_083926 (resized).jpg20181203_083934 (resized).jpg20181203_083934 (resized).jpg20181203_083952 (resized).jpg20181203_083952 (resized).jpg

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You're top right pop bumped cap is misaligned with the others. Personally that would bug the hell out of me. Nice mod though!

It has to sit that way per the mounting to fit under the ramp. Trust me it's the one thing that drives me crazy. I love the blue LEDs though and I find it plenty easy to track what has been lit by the playfield inserts on the left, middle, and right orbits.

1 month later
#3441 5 years ago

Yes there is a setting to turn it off.

2 weeks later
#3444 5 years ago

Two Iron Man targets away from finishing Jericho this morning. So close yet so very far... None of that carry over silliness either, one ball or go home. This game is such an ass kicker but it's making me a much better player.

4 weeks later
#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Are there any differences between the PRO edition and the VE edition?
Do both use the same code?

Same code.

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Anyone have a copy of the manual that has the light and switch matrix in it? Even the one Stern sent me a link to doesn't have them.

I'll check my printed version tomorrow.

1 month later
#3494 5 years ago

Knocker can be turned off in settings.

2 weeks later
#3505 5 years ago

The sling shot plastic has play in it. Loosen the nuts and adjust as needed.

3 months later
#3539 4 years ago

For #3 the up post is a setting. I like mine on, others like it off.

Check the Titan game database for the sling size. I added a full yellow kit to the database a few months ago.

The game is an ass kicking adventure. Enjoy!

#3542 4 years ago

Yeah I always make my Titan kits with a spare set of sling and flipper rings so you have a backup.

Make sure you stretch your new sling rings before installing them. I didn't do that with my first set of Titans and they started to split at the bottom post. I stretched the new set out some before installing and have had no further issues. I think the sling shot layout on this game really pushes the rings to the max.

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you a PDF of the manual for your records.

2 weeks later
#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Alright....let’s get this wizard mode...!!!...what do I have to do...do each mode till it’s blinking......???.............Joey[quoted image]

There is a YouTube video of Do or Die multiball. It's incredibly difficult. Three sets of Drone targets is brutal. Then add in a Whiplash Super that is not anywhere close to easy.

1 month later
#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Someone is selling and claiming to have #105 of 300...?!...is this right...were these games numbered and limited...???...........Joey

The VEs are numbered.

Mine is #98 of 300.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where are the VEs numbered?
I have the 2015 run.

It's either on the edge or bottom of the playfield. I can't remember off hand.

3 months later
#3584 4 years ago

Disagree that IM is anything like BoP.

In IM you have to shoot everything to light the Do or Die Hurry Up. Survive 8 drone targets, 5 whiplash hits, 6 Monger hits, all the Iron Man targets, hit the War Machine kickback, and enough ramps for Bogie. Oh and do it all on the same ball.

The game is an ass kicking masterpiece.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, but it's still all about that one shot in the end. Just like BoP. Granted, BoP is much easier to light the billions shot, but the end result is the same. Iron Man does it better, but it's doing a similar thing.

Again disagree. Do or Die Hurry Up is worth 35 million max unless you have double scoring lit which in over 1500 games I have yet to do. When GC is 100 million plus that means Do or Die was at best only 35% of that score. Not anywhere near scoring a billion out of no where like BoP. Plus BoP is just left ramp all day, over and over again. Iron Man has amazing balance when you really sit back and look at it. It has the perfect amount of depth for how incredibly brutal it is.

#3617 4 years ago

A skill shot where you can hold left flipper to drop the post and allow the ball to come all the way around like MET or AFM. From there if you can hit the right ramp reduce the number of Drones needed by 1 to light War Machine. This would make Do or Die multiball doable perhaps.

Update the display info so I can trap up and see how many Drones and Whiplash hits I still need.

Bonus build for combos would be interesting.

Check the Monger down switch during a Monger multiball start incase a ball gets stuck under the lid.

Mode specific high scores would also be cool.

Other than that I can't think of much else. The game is damn near perfection with great balance.

2 weeks later
#3636 4 years ago

Oh what a game I just had. Perfect ball one with everything done the first time around. Four Iron Man targets away from double scoring so I said what the hell and went for broke and a 2x Do or Die Hurry Up. Got two of the four before a nasty drain. Ball two I get Bogey going and start Jericho before getting Double Scoring going. I go deeper in Jericho then I ever have. As far as I could tell, all I had left were Whiplash hits. My last shot to him was a double tap which I think was all I needed. His magnet then dropped the ball SDTM... What a kick in the nuts!

Is there a final shot to finish Jericho? Is there a points payout for finishing it?

Funny part is, this game didn't even make the high score board. No worries though as I know I was going super big or going home with trying to start double scoring before Do or Die.

This game is a Masterpiece!

#3638 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I've beaten Jericho several times with the help of extra balls based on scoring. I believe when you beat it you earn like 75,000 points.

I don't have Jericho set to carry over from ball to ball. Stock setting, you drain it's over.

Did you really mean 75 thousand points? That's nothing. An Iron Monger Super Jackpot is 3 Million.

1 month later
#3694 4 years ago

V 01.85 - 11-March-2020
=======================

- Added a new skill shot rule:
- Activate by holding in the left flipper button and plunging the ball
to the top lanes.
- The left orbit up-post will remain DOWN and the normal skill shot will
be disabled.
- Either lane will award 1M + 250K for each additional skill shot made
(old or new).

- Whiplash multiball autofire time increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

- Added additional information to the background display effect for WHIPLASH
multiball.

- Whiplash multiball jackpots increased from 250K to 350K + an additional
12.5K per shot made, up to a maximum of 500K.

- Added new effects for WHIPLASH multiball 1/2-way jackpot (the first award
that is collected at the WHIPLASH targets). Formerly, this required two
shots for 500K and 1M. Now, this requires one shot for 2.5M.

- Added new effects for WHIPLASH multiball super jackpot (the second award
that is collected at the WHIPLASH targets). The score has been increased
from 3M to 5M.

- Fixed an issue with the speech for HIGH SCORE TO DATE that would cause
some of the phrases to be repeated back to back.

- Added speech for the flipper buttons in ATTRACT MODE.

- Added speech at game start.

- Added a setting that allows the IRON MAN mode (FAST SCORING, 2X SCORING,
HURRY-UP) to be started when READY during MULTIBALL. The current default
is OFF (i.e. to not allow the mode to start; this is the same behavior as
before).

- Fixed an issue where the background lamp effect for the IRON MAN mode
start ready (the pulsing lights on the IRON MAN targets) would run when
the mode had been qualified but could not be started (during multiball).

- USA default game pricing changed to USA 11 (1/$1 3/$2).

- Added an EXTRA BALL for completing the IRON MAN standup targets. The
current default (adjustable) is 2 completions.

- Fixed errors in text and limit values of adjustments.

- Added a half-way bonus for the MARK SUITS. The bonus is lit after the
third MARK SUIT and awarded at the SPINNER.

- Reduced the number of WHIPLASH TARGETS needed for subsequent WHIPLASH
MULTIBALLS from +5 hits to +1 hit, as an adjustment.

- Added a maximum number of hits for WHIPLASH, as an adjustment.

- SHIELD lanes now light S.H.I.E.L.D. (MYSTERY) after the lanes during
JERICHO MISSILE MAYHEM have been completed.

- Added high score tables for BOGEY, IRON MAN, WAR MACHINE, IRON MONGER,
WHIPLASH, DRONES, and DO OR DIE MULTIBALL.

- Game over effects are terminated when entering test mode.

- Synced the knocker to run with replay/special effects.

- Renamed music and speech volume adjustments (attenuation).

#3697 4 years ago

Just wish he would have done more with the skill shot. Drones not touched at all of Do or Die multiball is still going to be next to impossible. Other updates are fine.

#3702 4 years ago

I really wanted to see something like this for the new skill shot:

Hold left flipper, drops post, full plunge, make some shot (orbit/center/ramp/could move around) to reduce required number of drones by 1. That would have made Do or Die multiball reachable I think.

#3716 4 years ago

Has anyone started bringing the custom audio package over to the new software yet?

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Please list any changes and additions code wise you would like, and i will pass it along to the coders.
Ive already mentioned the skill shot to right ramp, left ramp, then whiplash shot for a big points.
Thanks and i look forward to your input!

Add number of Drones still needed to light War Machine to Instant Info.

If you have blown the Do or Die Hurry up, show what is needed to qualify Jericho in Instant Info on the following balls.

#3762 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My son got Do or Die on the first game he played with new code
He was happy as hell
Which made me happy as it is such a cut throat game - he used to get upset and didn’t enjoy playing it
I get it ... now it’s easierISH but it’s made to be enjoyed
I of course backed up my old codes Incase if becomes a cake walk
Making it a full Dmd would of been nice those lol

Which Do or Die? The Hurry Up or the Multiball. They are two very different animals.

I can start the Hurry Up probably once every 15 to 20 games.

In over 2000 games I've never even been close to starting Do or Die multiball. I bet I've only collected a hand full of Whiplash Super Jackpots in that time. I've never collected more than two sets of Drone targets. I don't think I've ever been to level 3 of Iron Man targets.

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do you get to the do or die multiball?

You become one of the best players on the planet...

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tried new code.
This happened while having a two year old on a chair blocking my view and trying to block my view[quoted image]

Is that Double Scoring into a Do or Die Hurry Up? That's a big number.

#3813 4 years ago

If everyone could jump over to this thread and vote Iron Man past CV please:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

I have a ton of time on both games and there is no reason why CV should be beating Iron Man head to head.

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

before this was EB insert used for anything?

Yes, it could be lit as a random mystery award. The percentage lit could be set in the ROM.

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what qualified the mystery award?

Shield collects.

#3871 4 years ago

Has anyone tried fitting a PIN2DMD in their Iron Man. The thread search shows no mention of it. A colorization project would need to be started for it.

1 week later
#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just before the world went sideways, ColorDMD released for Mustang. And I jumped on it. Unfortunately I've been quarantined from my Mustang since then, and the new DMD was just sitting on my table. I finally got tired of looking at the box, so I ended up installing it in my Iron Man to celebrate the new code. I have to admit that I've never thought IM was a good candidate for color. The dots are really not that great. Nothing to do with the conversion, just the dots in the game itself are muddy. But at least it isn't sitting in a box.
[quoted image]
Also, this screen is different than the older LCD. The black looks darker. I think it is because the new panel is different. It's much thinner, and the finish is more of a gloss like a better laptop screen. So until the world restarts, it will stay in IM.

Did you get the LCD or the LED version. From what I have read, games with video capture dots like Iron Man look better with the LCD as the gap between pixels is smaller than that on the LED version.

1 week later
#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yep, it would reset your score.
Frankly I’d just get that one framed, put on your tombstone in remembrance and sell Iron Man - because you’re not going to top that, ever.
You, Sir, have peaked.

Agreed. How did you arrive at the number? Double scoring Do or Die Hurry Up at full value would only be 70 million of it.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

FINALLY!!!! Every time I'm in DO OR DIE MULTIBALL and I get all the lanes and hit the shield, I am always SO IRRITATED that all the balls are in play and I don't get another one. I have ALWAYS felt like I was getting ripped off!

For real though, this is a great sign that the path to Do or Die multiball is going to become more obtainable. No doubt in my mind more code is coming soon.

#3969 3 years ago

^ Hey look, we found the second person on the planet to reach Do or Die Multiball with the glass on. LOL

#3972 3 years ago

Finally collected a Do or Die Hurry Up with double scoring running. Took me forever to collect so it ended up being less than 35 million. Full value would have been 70 million. I had everything done so that started Jericho at 4x value. That was ball one and I drained with about 83 million. The game then realized it was Iron Man and you can see where my score ended up... The Ultimate Ass Kicker!

20200430_190358 (resized).jpg20200430_190358 (resized).jpg
#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Are the new re-vaulted editions same quality as last vault. Or is it the new lower quality clear?
I kind of want one but I am nervous after all of the playfield issues last year.

You are going to be able to find a 2014 VE for well under $5K and probably less than 3000 games played on it. The NIB 2020VE is a ripoff IMO.

2 weeks later
#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was playing one quick game, and on the third ball got all the Mark lights and all the mode lights lit all during the final ball but drained before I could hit the center shot.
What would have started with the center shot Jerrico or Do or Die hurry-up or both?
[quoted image]

Do or Die Hurry Up. Then if you collect it the next center loop shot will start Jericho at 2x.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So close points everywhere ;(
why would it be 2X is that when you have them stacked?

Yes. Do or Die Hurry Up only needs Monger, Drones, Whiplash, War Machine, & Iron Man done on the same ball.

Jericho also requires Bogie and a lit Shield. So you can do Bogie and lit a Shield on ball 1, drain and then do all the other stuff ball 2. That will light Do or Die Hurry Up and Jericho will be ready right after if you collect with 2x value.

If you really want to blow the score up, get everything done but instead of starting Do or Die Hurry Up go after a second set of Iron Man targets to start double scoring. Once double scoring is running, start and collect the Do or Die Hurry Up and when you start Jericho you will now be at 4x. 2x for having it all stacked plus double scoring running.

I've done that twice in close to 2000 games played on mine. Love this game.

2 months later
#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Every IM VE I’ve seen has some cabinet decal wrinkling. Must be the type of material they used for that chrome-like effect. Nice pickup, enjoy the hell out of it!

Mine is wrinkle free. Knock on wood...

#4039 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Mine is also, though I just opened the box a few months ago

Mine is an OG VE. Still going strong.

#4043 3 years ago

Never use plastic standoffs with decals. They are for painted cabinets only. Cabinets with decals need to use the metal standoffs. That item description on Pinball Life describes this in detail.

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t Stern use plastic stand offs on their games which have decalled cabinets? I know the last few Sterns I’ve seen or friends have had all have plastic from factory..

I've never seen a Factory shipped Stern with plastic leg protectors. They do have the metal ones, which is what should be installed for decals.

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think you are mistaking standoffs for leg protectors.

My Iron Man VE came with plastic standoffs. So did Aerosmith. Yes, I actually did just run down to my basement and rip the leg off my IMVE.
[quoted image]

Looks like the metal ones but now made of plastic. Thin and small and with the decals trimmed, there should be no issue.

2 weeks later
#4085 3 years ago

I thought you really wanted LCD color DMD for games with movie clips like Iron Man has? The LED version has the big gaps between the colors and doesn't look as good.

4 months later
#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

To adjust the iron monger plate, is it the 3 screws on top of the plate? Do you need to adjust all 3?
Thanks
Mike

The adjustment screws are on the bottom of the Monger mech. There is a photo somewhere in this thread.

5 months later
#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What's the best way to adjust the monger if the front of the lid sits lower than the back of the lid? If either one is flush the other one affects ball movement pretty badly so I split the difference.

There are 3 adjustment screws on the bottom of the mech. Search this thread and a photo should pop up that points them out. I also had to add a small piece of mylar to the inside lip on the front left to get it dead nuts perfectly flush.

3 months later
#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When you spell monger the center shot needs to flash to indicate you can raise the monger. My flasher is not flashing. It just turns on solid and stays lit. When I run a diagnostics I am able to manually make the flasher flash each time. Does anyone know why during gameplay the flasher stays solid once it is activated? I have changed the flasher bulb 3 times already and it has not helped.

I do not believe that is the case. Monger can be set to "easy" where any orbit will bring him up once qualified or "hard" where only the center orbit will bring him up. I am not aware of anything in the code that is meant to flash those inserts once he is qualified. I have my game set up with "hard" Monger so I have more control of when he enters the playfield.

#4532 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have mine on hard as well which requires the center monger shot to make him rise. That center shot has two lights one being a flasher bulb. Once you spell monger this flasher will continuously flash to indicate that you need to make the center shot to rise the monger. For an unknown reason my flasher will just stay solid and not flash at that time.

For what it's worth, my game has never done that. Can anyone else post video of this flasher effect happening?

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

at 10:12 you will see the center shot flasher on

Yes, when Jericho is ready not when Monger is ready. Does your flasher fire when you qualify Jericho?

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love the move at 8:35. I need to work on that.

Death saves are illegal in competitive play so are really a waste of time to practice unless you are actively looking to hurt your wrists.

3 months later
#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from SgtPin18:

Anyone have real bad coil buzz? Just bought the game and it was purchased NIB a month ago. Less than 50 plays and the orbit post and flipper coils all buzz pretty loud.

Check the coil stops. I'd guess they have blow out the back. Stern still working through that huge order of shitty ones.

2 months later
#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from Domino365:

Hi gang, noob here. Just had my center post around the orbit shot stop working. It was working just fine and out of the blue it just stopped. I can't get it to fire in the service menu either, any ideas??
Thanks

The first thing I would do is lift the playfield and see if any solder joints to that coil have broken.

7 months later
#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

My Iron Monger doesn’t register hits when the game is first turned on. It doesn’t register until the game has warmed up for at least 15 minutes or so, and then it works like new. Thoughts?

This is via switch test?

#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I haven’t done a switch test. I just know it doesn’t register hits when it’s cold from playing it.

I'd start with a cold boot and into a true switch test. Then lift the playfield and go from there.

1 month later
#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've tried to look into the rules, but don't understand what went wrong for me on a game a couple of days ago.
On ball 3 I got all 5 of the horizonal inserts lit. After I got down to single ball after Whiplash MB (the last of the 5 inserts I had to light)....I held the ball and shot up the middle to start the Do or Die Hurry up. Amazingly enough, after getting the ball back to the flippers...I got it back up in the middle shot on my second attempt. I think I got 32ish mil with the timing.
I was expecting it to hold the ball after the shot that collected the Do or Die Hurry-up and go into Jericho, but it didn't. I went on to flip the ball around some more and even started another Monger MB, but where was Jericho???
I can see where that would be technically possible.... considering all 5 inserts from the 3rd ball would only be 5 Marks, I'm also pretty sure I did NOT get bogie chase that whole game (though I am not sure), but I AM sure I collected all of the shiels multiple times in that game. That should have been 6 Marks.
So, I'm having a hard time understanding why I didn't get Jericho? I thought I had seen videos of the Do or Die Hurry-up leading right into Jericho when the Do or Die Hurry-up completion shot was hit???
Any help?

You need Bogie for Jericho but not Do or Die Hurry Up.

8 months later
#4938 6 months ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Is there a generally accepted "best" strategy for scoring on IM in home use with the latest code? I've read a popular strategy is to start bogey + get a shield first to get 2 marks, and then try and then work through the multiballs/IM targets to try and get DoD going and then 2X Jericho right after- is that a good strategy to aim for? It seems like there are many ways to attack this game, which is amazing, but I'm wondering what the most popular game plan is

At home if I am trying to blow the game up:

Iron Man Scoring
Drones
Monger Up
War Machine MB - use to get Monger MB
Whiplash MB
Iron Man Double Scorning for 6th shield
Do or Die Hurry Up collect with 2x running for max 70 million cash
That takes you into Jericho at 4x

I avoid Bogey as I don't want to risk starting Do or Die Hurry Up before I have Iron Man Double Scoring running.

I would never play it this way in a tournament.

3 months later
#4949 3 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just picked up a vault edition and have a question about the orbit feeds, should those come to the flipper or be hitting the slings? Unless I give it a real good whack on the side the ball is hitting the sling and going out of control. I’m not the best at live catching so it might not matter anyway but I’d at least like a shot at it lol
Also I have a hum when holding in the flippers to cradle I saw one post in here about making sure flipper mech was complete and tight. Any other thoughts or recommendations? It’s louder with the right flipper

May be time for new coil stops since the game is new to you and you would have no idea how old they are now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 26.50
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reaper802.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.