(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3151 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I finally got around to putting my new Iron Man Game Blades from Tilt Graphics on.
I like them quite a bit. I’ve had the red on gold mirror blades for quite a while so it’s nice to change it up.

Looks awesome! Where did you get those alternate sling plastics?? I'd love to get a pair

1 week later
#3159 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

FYI there’s an update to the IM ColorDMD rom:
IRON MAN ROM UPDATE
The color ROM for Iron Man has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes contrast on a Monger start video and a bleed problem for the Grand Champion score.
I love getting support & updates on stuff.

Is this brand new? I updated a few weeks ago

#3167 6 years ago

Just installed a new apron. Thanks hooked on pinball. You rock!

20180220_213648 (resized).jpg20180220_213648 (resized).jpg
20180220_213631 (resized).jpg20180220_213631 (resized).jpg

#3181 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Iron Monger Figure LED Mod: Where to Find/Buy? **
The IM at my local barcade was recently spiffed up, including the addition of a flashing (when cued) purple LED tucked into either side (between the arms and hips) of the Iron Monger figure. I can see the leads that snake from the sockets down into the cab'. Is this a generally available mod? If so, who is offering it? I can't find any such thing among the IM-specific mods here on Pinside's Market section. Oh, and to be clear, I am *not* talking about the Iron Monger chest LED mod.
It adds a lot of pizazz to the raising of the Iron Monger.
Thanks.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Iron-Monger-Mod-LEDs-behind-the-Figure/p/20527859/category=4783417

Hope this helps

#3187 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me the best settings for a color LCD DMD. I have mine on high res with contrast all the way up and backlight all the way up as well and the images seem grainy and not detailed. I know this is subjective, but I fell my Metallica DMD projects so much better in the same settings. Thanks

I found the best settings for my colorDMD were, dotsXL, contrast 6 and backlight 9

#3195 6 years ago

I saw these game blades in Grinder901's machine and they looked so good i had to get them

20180303_140537 (resized).jpg20180303_140537 (resized).jpg
20180303_140532 (resized).jpg20180303_140532 (resized).jpg
20180303_140525 (resized).jpg20180303_140525 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3236 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well after 3 1/2 years I’m out. Love the game still but some big bills to pay for my son so this one lost out.
Keep enjoying this awesome game guys.

Can't believe you let Iron Man go before Avengers? Avengers would be the first to go out of that line up for me.

3 weeks later
#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any one know where to get the upgraded sling plastics?

You can't. I already contacted laseriffic

2 months later
#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There are two things in the game named Do Or Die.
The first: Do Or Die Hurry Up Shit. You earn this by having all 5 character shots lit by starting them all. 8 Drone shots lights Drones and then qualifies War Machine. Hitting War Machine when lit gives the War Machine character. And so on. All 5 on ONE ball lights the center shot to start Do Or Die Hurry Up, and hitting the center again before the time expires earns points. That point countdown starts at 30 million (Or 50 million if you are running old software). It can be doubled off the second Iron Man character.
The second Do Or Die is Do Or Die Multiball. To qualify this, you need to have all the character shots FLASHING. This means you have completed them by collecting the Super Jackpot. Monger is a good example here. You start Monger Multiball, then shoot the orbit to bring him up, pound him again until he drops, then hit the center shot for 3 million points, and the insert will flash. Any Super you collect remains flashing through the end of the game. So once you get Monger flashing, you don’t need to collect it again. So it’s really an overlay of rules.
Now the problem with DOD Multiball is that it’s almost impossible. If you are not one of the top players in the world, you have never seen it with the glass on. Some say it’s harder than Valinor because the number of Drone targets you need to collect is insane. I’ve heard it’s easier to kill a unicorn. It’s a common for new owners of the game to mistake the two because of the poor naming. But once you realize how big the hill is, they understand how far away they are from getting to that Multiball.
And getting all 5 lit one in five games feels a bit high to me. I set mine up so it’s closer to between one game in fifteen or so. When Iron Man is setup too easy, it can get stale.

Thanks for taking the time to do that in-depth write up! I always wondered how to achieve that multiball.

1 week later
#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Sorry about the glass, that happened to me from one of my old pins one day, just touched it wrong removing it and boom, but thats a clever mod with the iron man mask. Where did find one that size, it fits perfectly in the game!

http://pinballpro.net/shop/iron-man-3d-backboard-mod/

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thanks for the link, bummer they are sold out. The search begins!!

I'm sure if you message him he will make one for you

1 year later
#4020 3 years ago

A quick question I just downloaded the Iron Man 1 .86 AC DC version. Will the 1.85 Color rom still work with this new update? There is no 1.86 Color rom yet

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I doubt they’ll ever be a 1.86 color rom, it’s all bug fixes from 1.85 and no new DMD stuff (that I know of).
ColorDMD rom 4.2 is good to go.

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=QuarterGrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.