(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3732 4 years ago

Yes, just installed it. Looking forward to playing it later tonight.

Finally, something to talk about other than ... well you know.

4 weeks later
#3968 3 years ago

Will you guys stop trying to make IM easier? Just put elastics in the outlines and problem solved. This is one of the greatest games of all time because it is sooo hard and keeps you coming back for more. Yes, you have to have a perfect game and all the bounces go your way. I made it to do or die multiball once and I have owned it for 10ish years. My high score was 592M and my outlines were in the second easiest position (there are 4 settings). I can’t remember if that is stock because I have had to change them often so my wife and friends can enjoy it. Now that being said, that one game was almost double my next best scores. I play with my orbit post disabled but not sure if it was enabled when I got that score. All default settings in the menu as well.

I never even try to beat that score (gone now with the code update), I just try to beat Jericho which is awesome.

I also only ever made Valinor once but came close a few times. Owned that game for 11 years and it took me 4 years and 4 months to get it.

Anyway, to each there own but I think making it easier will tarnish the lustre. It did for me when Metallica was made easier. Just my 2c.

#3977 3 years ago

IM is just a great game. It is pretty amazing that such a simple layout and not overly complex rules can keep you coming back for more. I hated the game when I first started playing it because it just kicked my ass and actually made me angry and typically nothing makes me angry. So angry that I just had to buy it so I could teach it some manners! I still get a rush from playing it after almost 10 years. I keep thinking that I want to sell it and replace it with something fresh but can’t bring myself to do it.

Thank you Lyman for polishing the game.

3 months later
#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

ah thanks , I wonder if putting a diode on each speaker wire set would suffice to prevent the "backflow "? otherwise I think I will get a passive speaker selector box for the 2 pins that will share a subwoofer input

Just get a Pinnovators PINsmx and you can safely hook up 4 pins to a single subwoofer. I have 1 and it works great but I only have 3 pins on a single sub. I have 6 pins on 2 subs using that setup. Works great for 5 years now.

3 months later
#4181 3 years ago

I got my IM 10 years ago this month. I am out of space, love my collection and every time I think about selling one to free up space I think about selling IM as it is the pin that I played the most and have had for a decade. But then I go play it and it still gives me a rush. It just has a great overall package of lights, sounds, and difficulty. I still hear quotes that I swear 8 have never heard before. With a subwoofer this game is hard to beat. I know many people consider it a stripped down pin when it comes to toys but whatever it is - this pin has it. I just can’t seem to pull the trigger and sell it.

Simple but fun rules. Such a rush.

10 months later
#4553 2 years ago

I have owned IM since it first came out and my war machine has NEVER fired SDTM. I think you should be able to adjust it so that it doesn’t do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=PBFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.