(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,018 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

RobT, would you add something like "SHIPPING" to the title when they start? I check this thread 5 times a day hoping to get that report...

+1

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'm thinking about selling my T2. What would you guys pair with IM between ACDC Prem, MET Pro and LOTR? I love all three themes.

I would personally pair an ACDC Prem with it. I love that game...so I suppose I'd pair it with any game...

2 weeks later
#491 9 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the rubber rings/posts needed to re-ring Iron Man. I'm looking to do clear rubbers.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And all of that adds how much gameplay? That's why I always have a hard time justifying dress-up spending.

I'm with ya on that one. I don't do upgrades unless it enhances game play. Everyone does likes it their own way though...

#501 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It'll be hard to wipe the slobber and keep my boner out of the way as I play though.

LOL! That's good shit right there.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

mirror blades have become mandatory to me lately

Did you put mirror blades on you IMve? Where do you buy them? I'm thinking of adding them...

Who has the best price?

#515 9 years ago

Can someone tell me/post a pic of how to adjust the monger lid? Mine sits a hair too high all the way around.

2 weeks later
#536 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Extra ball! How the hell do u lite it?

"Lite extra ball" is randomly awarded by collecting the shield reward. Lite all 6 shields and collect it at the War Machine shot. Randomly, it will light extra ball.

#548 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks for that. Collecting the shields awards mystery goodies?

Yeah, when you get all 6, the shield will light at the war machine shot. It was award a mystery goody. Usually an add a ball, time extender, or a multiplier.....rarely an EB

2 months later
#674 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oddly enough I like that you can see him through the pf when he is down, call me crazy!

+100. I've always wondered why you would want to cover him up. It looks awesome to see him down there, just waiting to come up.

Welcome to the club!

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have shaker in acdc, STLE, XMLE and IM and had one in SM, took out of SM (was annoying) put in IM. By far the best shaker use is for IM.
Have not tried shaker in Tron yet, but I am so in love with Tron as is, I don't want to mess with it. But IM is well worth it, especially when you hit the active drone targets.

Dude. You gots to put a shaker on Tron. It's awesome! Better in ironman but very very good in Tron!

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

OK off topic from IM kind of, sorry -
I just did a temp trade - My IM for LOTR. Wow, so far I feel LOTR is a player. A deeper, easier to play, (not complete) LOTR may balance out my little butt kicker IM in the future. We will see if my wife likes it compared to IM, which she likes already. My 6 year old daughter pulled up a stool and played LOTR today also. My daughter has never been interested in pinball before. Anyone else have LOTR along with IM?

I own both and have those two right next to each other for a reason. They balance each other out very well. It's really hard to say which one I like better because they are both so very different....but if I had a gun to my head, I would say I prefer LOTR. It's more of an adventure. So if I have the time to really play some pinball, I'll go to that or Metallica. If I'm short on time or just want my ass kicked, I'll play Iron Man.

They are both killer games. Ironman was a must have for me. I've always wanted a LOTR and recently picked one up. I never REALLY played LOTR before I bought it. I never understood the hype, as I had played only a handful of games on it. I was wowed with how great LOTR is. I still love Ironman but I definitely put more time on LOTR. Both are great games to own together.

#696 9 years ago

Black_rose. Is your decal the same as this one???

http://www.pinballcustoms.com/shop/ironman-monger-cover/

1 month later
#784 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm joining the club.

I just brought home my second IM! After selling my first one, I had my eye on another. Once the VE came out, I figured I'd get one. I was able to find a HUO with about 200 plays on it.... practically brand new. The only mod is the shaker. I'm gonna pimp her hard!

Nice! Hook that puppy up to an external sub!

#791 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I asked this in the IM VE thread but didn't get a reply so i figured id ask here:
1) To get 2x Do or Die you hit the 7 IM Stand-Up Targets (after 5 characters lit), have a specified amount of time to hit center shot to active DoD then hit center shot again?
2) Is it possible to get higher then 2x DoD? If so, how?
-
An issue I noticed starting yesterday is when I activate Iron Monger and the ball is held by the center shot popup post there is a loud buzzing. Ive read that maybe I need to adjust the coil stop? Im not sure how the mechanism works, so any help would be appreciated.
thanks!

You have to start double scoring via the 7 IM standups. So you have to have completed fast coring already. Then you hit any standup to start double scoring and then hit the center shot to start do or die. The you hit the center shot again for 2X do or die. Very difficult to line up all together. I've got about 500 plays on my IMve and I've done it once.

I don't think you can go more than 2X. There are no other multipliers.

Good luck!

#807 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Academically, it could be done. In practice, I seriously doubt it.
After achieving the Do or Die award, everything is 2x the remainder of the ball. So reach Do or Die again (in the same ball), and activate 2x from the IM targets. Should be 4x award.
Again,...in theory.

Hahaha! Yeah I suppose you're right. That could be done. Crazy. But it could be done.

#808 9 years ago

I just put cointaker red led #89 flashers behind whiplash on my IMve tonight. They look awesome! So glad to get rid of those whites back there. I highly recommend it!

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Red might look cool but I'd recommend Green to go with his insert playfield color.

That could look cool too. I just like the red with the plastics above it, it looks like it belongs there.

What about the clear insert flasher in the back of war machine? I had a blue on hand, so I put it there. Looks pretty good.

#814 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I have my IM VE feature set to carry over .. I know

It's OK BR. I do too. I may switch it back though. I really just wanted to beat Jericho and I've done that now. I does make it more exciting when you get there and know that you only have one shot. On the other hand I hate working to get there and then insta-drain!

#816 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Assuming no carry over, what's your strategy? I like to get Iron Monger out of the way first. But that is risky and I often drain before I do. Then, it's unlikely that I'll get a second Jericho in the same game. But, what else can you really shoot for with that big meany in the way??

You pretty much have to go for monger first. He kind of blocks a lot. That's what I do anyhow.

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

After Monger I'll work on ramps as you can also collect shield inserts on made ramp shots. Then it's pretty much Iron Man standups and hope to bank a few into whiplash. War machine is usually the last thing I need to collect as you usually pick up drone targets on missed shots.

That's a good idea. I'm going to try that tonight.

1 week later
#860 9 years ago

You've got to get the bogey ramps too.

#896 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I get the extra ball every 100 games or so. It's a random award from completing shield and collecting at war machine. If you have any multiball or mode running, it's going to add a ball or extend timer, thus ruling out the possibility of the extra ball.

This is not true. I've had extra ball be the shield award during a multiball 3 or 4 times now. I was super surprised when it first happened.

Also, I don't like extra balls set for replays. I used to do that too. But none of that logic makes any sense to me, so if you're having a good game and hit that replay mark, now you're going to have...an even better game? It should be the other way around if you think about it. I just turn up the extra ball percentage up another 8% above factory. Then I set special award to extra ball and turn that up another 8% above factory too. You end up getting an extra ball from time to time, but not too much.

3 months later
#1126 8 years ago

Retry cool. How do they attach. Sticky on one side? Removable?

5 months later
#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don't even know if both are necessary- but I've taken usb, deleted everything off it, right clicked on it, format, then saved both the bin and the pbm onto the usb, then place into J15 slot on backbox board, then flip switch 8 to on, then boot game up and hit select a few times.
...has he lost his mind...

Don't I just need to add the BIN file to a usb and upload the code to the game?

P.S. THANK YOU for doing this! I was hoping this would happen.

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Here is my new Avengers Topper (well not really a topper) Iron Man junkies like you should love it lol

I just assumed that this was Grinder posting. I almost shit when I saw it wasn't. LOL! Pretty cool man. I like it.

8 months later
#2269 7 years ago

Dude. That is awesome. I want to order the one on the top right! "Iron Man Mask"

2 weeks later
#2352 7 years ago

Grinder - You get the art yet?

2 weeks later
#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Special thanks to Lermods, I got my tournament button functioning.

That's pretty awesome. I prefer to use a volume button in that spot though. It's SO NICE! Especially since having a baby...

#2397 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

People should go and rate Imve...it needs 9 more ratings....what a georgous and great playing pin...

Done

#2410 7 years ago

So it looks like Iron Man Vault is the greatest pin of all time! LOL!

top100_(resized).jpgtop100_(resized).jpg

#2422 7 years ago

DOD is when you light up all the marks on one ball and then hit the countdown shot ip the middle. Does not have to be on ball one. You can light nothing on the first 2 balls and then get DOD on the 3rd.

This is incorrect. Do or Die is when you light all the character inserts on one ball (whiplash, drones, etc.). Jericho is when you light all the marks. All the marks do NOT have to be on one ball. They will carry over.

Marks can be collected from lighting characters, starting bogey scoring (ramp shots), or from lighting all of the inlane roll overs.

#2423 7 years ago

Lookout the B/W guys will come and destroy IM with low ratings. It will not even be in the top 100 by next week.

I can pretty much guarantee this. Will be interesting to see where it settles. Not like it matters though...

1 week later
#2440 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have these on my game, I sanded down the clear even more than what was done to try and diffuse the light. http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p33/Iron_Man_Mod_-_Pop_Bumper_Cap_Kit.html

I saw these on an Iron Man in person recently. They look awesome.

1 week later
#2498 7 years ago

IM can be super intense, but I think GOT has it beat.

Ummmm.... No.

1 week later
#2516 7 years ago

Dammit. It's really that good? I love it in my TSPP. You think it's worth it on IM?

#2537 7 years ago

Just put the setting on for "coindoor ball save". Then when this happens, open the coindoor. Let any non stuck ball drain. Then close the coindoor and let monger raise. Once he raises, open the coindoor again. let that ball drain. Then the game will kick the balls back in.. Now you're back in business! It happens sometimes. Just avoid shooting at him when he is going down.

6 months later
#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

My Ironman is currently on the floor, waiting for it's powder coating to be done.
Waiting sucks

You could always frame and Sheetrock while you wait.

10 months later
#3132 6 years ago

Dumb question here. How do you turn the music volume up? There are adjustments in two places: Standard adjustments and game adjustments. What is the difference here?

#3135 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Standard adjustments are changes to things that are generic . Game adjustments are game specific to the features and rules of Ironman.
You don't need either to adjust the volume, just use the two red buttons inside the coin door with the plus and minus.

I’m talking about adjusting just the music volume. Not the master volume.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

Not sure why but you need to minus to increase volume. My call outs were hardly audible. Went to minus 20and suddenly it is very clear. STLE was the same. Not sure if i5 is the same with music.

Yep. It’s something like this. I had mine all adjusted but installed new code and can’t remember what’s what. I thought negative music volume made it louder. Anyone else know?

3 weeks later
#3165 6 years ago

I have never been able to get the stock whips to stay in whiplashes hands. Tried hot clue and it actually heated one hand a bit and opened it up more. Made it harder to hold the whip. Any suggestions?

Or anyone selling a figure with lighted whips?

#3169 6 years ago

Does it dry clear?

#3171 6 years ago

Awesome man. Thanks for the tip! I will order it up and give it a shot. Maybe my whiplash will finally have whips after all these years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.