(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Had DoD ready to rock and only one target left to set up double scoring.........then guess what happened......

Same thing happened to me last night. I wasn't even risking going for the last IM target, but I couldn't hit that center spinner to save my life. My 7 year old daughter was playing with me and proceeded to nail it at least 3 times on her next ball...go figure. LOL

11 months later
#2024 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

thanks for the links guys, but my VE came with the plastic ones already attached. and they are still there. do I still need the metal ones? I guess im a little confused. I read not to put the pinbits plastic ones direct on the cabinet decals, but thought I was ok with the smaller plastic ones underneath... am I right? or do I still need these metal ones instead?
thanks for the direction.

Newer Sterns which come with leg protectors stock already, either the original metal or the newer plastic ones, do not need additional protectors. If fact, adding additional protectors can actually cause more damage such as decal bunching/wrinkling.

4 months later
#2325 7 years ago

Wouldn't you need some bricks under the legs to hit 11 deg?

We played an F-14 in our league that was up on bricks and also featured some insanely bright flashers. Was darn near unplayable but we had a blast!

3 years later
#3597 4 years ago

The first Re-vault?

Fingers crossed this would be the perfect opportunity to make a few code changes. Not holding my breath, but man...just a few small things and this game would be near perfect.

#3619 4 years ago

My wishlist:
Super skill shot(s). Left flipper hold, post down, to ramp would be cool, but short plunge to War Machine would be awesome too.

Make Do or Die Multiball obtainable. Not sure the best way, but at minimum reduce the insane amount of drone hits needed. Am I correct in remembering that drone hits do not count toward this total during multiballs? If so, maybe changing that would be a way to reasonably get there? I'm good with the other requirements being SJPs on each multiball plus the three IM completions. While I owned the game, I had quite a few times where I had everything flashing except the drones, but it took a damn good game to do that. I still want it to be HARD, just not impossible.

Earnable Extra Balls!! Possibly at Jericho completion? Multiball SJPs? Somehow tied to Bogey to make that more attractive to not ignore?

I'd personally nerf DOD hurry-up a little. As it is now, I find it super unbalanced. It seems to me a high score always depends, almost solely, on hitting that hurry-up, especially at 2x. It should be valuable, but not quite that valuable (especially if DOD multiball becomes a viable goal). I would also seriously consider not naming both the hurry-up and the multiball the same thing, though it may be too late to fix that now. It just causes way too much confusion.

Maybe find a way to make sure Jericho isn't a roadblock on the way to DOD multiball. Again, maybe at minimum drone targets should count towards that goal here?

I love the idea of more leaderboards. It's a little thing, but that's always good fun. Same with flipper button attract sounds.

I'd love another mode or two of some sort, but honestly I can't think of what I would do or how to make it not bog the game down from the tight package it is now. I think just making DOD multiball an actual viable goal would really do wonders for the depth of the game.

If at minimum DOD multiball somehow becomes obtainable to mortals, I would seriously consider buying this game back. It is so close to perfection, but really needs that one more layer of things to do for me. All the rest would be some sweet icing on the cake. Fingers crossed!

#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agree with everything you listed, but no mention of combos? I’ve always felt it was the one thing missing from Ironman and would be a perfect way to add that extra (one more) layer to the game and things to do aim for.
Plus I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t love a good combo steak and combo score board!

I certainly wouldn't say no to them! Could tie extra ball to combos, or if we are really dreaming, have a combo multiball like SM. A new mode similar to Bogey that is triggered by combos would be amazing. But, that is pie in the sky stuff...I really do not expect to see anything like extra modes. Keeping track of combos for a leaderboard though...that seems perfectly reasonable. Or throw us the old bone of combo shots being multiplied since I do not remember (but could be forgetting) any sort of shot multiplier in IM. That might make Bogey mode ridiculous scoring though.

It will be very interesting to see what, if anything, comes to be. It's a great game as it sits, but a few wishlist items could easily push it into the top of the heap.

2 months later
#3705 4 years ago

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the one thing it really needed (make DoD obtainable) wasn't touched. Damn.

Good to see a skill shot and earnable extra ball at least.

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't know if you've seen any footage of it, but DOD multiball is, well, a 'dud' -- it's got one display screen of text and all the shots are worth big points. Other than the "I did it!" there's nothing good about it, and by making the requirements easier, even the "I did it" wouldn't hold as much water.
I'm guessing it couldn't really be changed without having to go through approvals about assets and display and such, so he just left it alone, and since it's not very cool anyway, making it easier to get to doesn't really make sense.

I'd rather have lackluster but possible vs amazing but impossible. But I get what you are saying. I love the game, but it just needs that one more thing to do...one more achievable goal. DoD Multiball is already there...just make the requirements not ludicrous and there is that missing layer.

But don't get me wrong...I love that he revisited the game and added as much as he did. It is good stuff, and I do not want to be one of the "never happy" crowd.

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do you get to the do or die multiball?

You don't, that's the problem...no one does...LOL. I bet, in all honesty, that the number of people that have ever been there could be counted on two hands (maybe one).

You need to "complete" all of the characters. So a super jackpot on each of the three main multiballs (Monger, Whiplash, War Machine), get three sets of Iron Man targets, and the roadblock...four sets of drones.

2 weeks later
#3929 4 years ago

Call me crazy, but I actually like the look of the magnet protectors...especially the Monger one. It just has more of an "Ironman" look to it. Whiplash isn't bad. Honestly like both looks.

The blue insert is a really odd decision. Still seems like a mistake to me.

I miss my Ironman...

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

You're crazy.

Fair enough!

3 months later
#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Been working on my IM pro ,
Installed chest light and orange and yellow cannon light on war machine.had cannon leds hooked to war machine flasher but way to brief to appreciate so hooked to gi
put a white led strip under war machine plastic
Put a lead chest light to monger and an orange flasher behind him triggered by hits,very cool
Put red led beneath the targets for whiplash and a star post light on the post behind him,He got a chest light and el wire whips
Chest light in land assault drone and hand and chest light in iron man .went all conceptual and each figures chest light will match its insert color
put blue lights behind ramps will try red or maybe yellow
Made a custom shooter rod and installed coin reject insets. Thanks aurich!
Installed speaker lights
Can anyone twist my arm to get a color dmd?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking machine. You might want to flip your speaker light acrylics though...they are upside down.

9 months later
#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Yes I have lit up up chest/eyes on War machine, Chest/Eyes and independant hnads on Iron man. Chest only on whiplash. Just waiting for some 3mm led strip to arrive to mod the whips. I pulled them apart and removed the factory lighting and added all non ghosting modified leds.
They are all 1/6 scale hot toys models...you need to hunt around for used ones or a sale as they are pretty expensive..but wow they look amazing in game play.[quoted image][quoted image]

They look amazing, but what are you doing to protect from airballs? Or are they made out of some sort of tough resin? They look way to fragile to be able to take a hit. And it's pinball...a fast crazy one at that...airballs happen. They look great though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.