(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,017 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

371 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Grinder901. You are on page 1 of 2.
#16 10 years ago

Man you know I belong in this club!! That score is ridiculous!!! Great job! I've dropped over a grand in mods. Putting them on a few at a time. I wish I was smart enough to hook up Ozzy to play whenever I hit the start button. Some ACDC would be awesome too.

#19 10 years ago

I would def buy some Mylar magnet protectors off anyone who has some extra laying around. Please let me know.

#35 10 years ago

^^^^^^^
Hell yes. And Im serious, anyone have any Mylar they can hook me up with?

#47 10 years ago

My Iron Man decals/wall art are breaking down my wall to play a game. I am also tricking out my Police Trainer in Iron Man colors to go in my Iron Man arcade room. My four year old loves to play too.

image-151.jpgimage-151.jpg image-895.jpgimage-895.jpg image-981.jpgimage-981.jpg image-758.jpgimage-758.jpg image-824.jpgimage-824.jpg image-57.jpgimage-57.jpg image-749.jpgimage-749.jpg
#55 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'm still trying to find the artwork I did to go on those magnets for you.

I'm ready to buy them whenever you are ready.

#87 9 years ago

Does anyone make red and yellow/gold flippers for sale? The red rubber around my left one is looking a bit rough. Any suggestions?

#107 9 years ago

I bought some mirror blades but damn there isn't much clearance on either side for them to fit. Anyone have any success installing them?

If someone cooked up some sweet decals for the inner cabinet, I would open my wallet for them. Just saying.

#109 9 years ago

Also, I am trying to install Hooked's Iron Monger mod. I've done the other three but have put off this one. I'm having trouble with it. After taking off the four nuts, I have to remove the back but while the bottom comes out, the top part of the back seems stuck.

I'm sure I'm not being very clear. Anyone have problems with this mod?

image-743.jpgimage-743.jpg image-535.jpgimage-535.jpg
#112 9 years ago

Ok I got the top and back off. I am way over my head here. Hope this big toy still works when I'm done switching it out. Say a prayer to the pinball gods for me

image-404.jpgimage-404.jpg
#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I should be getting mine this week, I too ordered all 3 so I'll let you know if someone else doesn't in the mean time. Later

You didnt get all four? Was the drone available?

#115 9 years ago

Yep pinball decals. Seems like every pinball company has gotten a piece of me lately as I pimp my Iron Man.

#117 9 years ago

No doubt. Powder coating is right there at the top of my list on next modifications

#119 9 years ago

Well I installed the modded Iron Monger. Just as I was about to toot my horn, I played a game and not only does the new Monger not register ever hit like the original but a direct shot gets stuck between his legs.

I guess somehow he is too far back thus allowing the ball to get stuck. No idea what I've done wrong. My fault for trying to mod this by myself unlike last time when I had professional help. So I turn to you all. Has anyone had similar problems installing the Monger? What was done to rectify it?

image-867.jpgimage-867.jpg image-383.jpgimage-383.jpg
#121 9 years ago

I figured out I had my c-clips in the wrong place and I think that was causing my Monger to not score hits and to be too far back. Problem is now I've lost a c-clip inside my cabinet. Man it's one thing after another.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

That's a bummer. I took apart mine awhile ago. If I remember correctly there are a few springs behind the monger to push him forward. They go on the 3 metal studs behind the monger.

Thanks man yeah it's prob a spring issue. Gotta find this damn c-clip now....

#124 9 years ago

I am in full regret mode

#127 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I found the c-clip, put it all together and it's registering all the hits it should. Success! Funny though, it's only giving me a three ball multi-ball reward.

I'm trying here man. I've done several mods on my own but this is by far the most aggravating. Anyone else have issues with the Iron Monger lid not being flush with play field?

Ok. I've kinda taken over this thread with my cry baby problems so I'll just post this and slink back into the shadows for a while.......

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Monger is a 3ball Multiball.

Wow. Haha I am an idiot.

So Monger is a three
Whiplash is a two
War Machine is a two.

I got that right?

Thanks everyone for your patience and help.

#134 9 years ago

It's def a spring issue. Once I had the c-clips properly placed in the back, the hits register just like it did before.

#159 9 years ago

I just bought an under cabinet LED kit from Rock for my IM. Can't wait to install it. Bought it this evening and he has already shipped it! Hell yeah!

#163 9 years ago

So it's well documented that IM is tough as shit. I tweaked some of the rules like dropping Whiplash from five to three, extra ball instead of free game after 9 million, moving the side posts to the bottom of the four holes and a few others and I tell ya I enjoy it a ton more. I'm sure it's not what purists would agree with and it's not the factory settings but screw it, it's my game. I'm loving it.

#169 9 years ago

One Pin to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.....

#171 9 years ago

Tell me more about that plunger light mod. I'm listening....

#177 9 years ago

How much were the service rails?

#181 9 years ago

Yeah those service rails are high on my list.

Maybe it's just me but has anyone ever though about painting/power coating all the silver nuts and screws on the play field in a red/yellow theme?

#184 9 years ago

Is candy red the go to color for Iron Man? If I'm not mistaken (I actually have the first Iron Man movie on right now) I think Tony told Jarvis to throw on some hot rod red. Is that color an option when powder coating? I'm ignorant when it comes to powder coating.

Also if I get these rails and then Zdoors apron mod in candy red and then other areas later, will it be noticeable that these pieces were done separately?

I can't stop buying mods for this baby. I love playing it. So addictive!!!

#188 9 years ago

Has anyone tried these on their pops? I think they'd work well since the pops only illuminate when they're "active" (scoring-wise)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

I'm holding out for Hooked's pop cap mods.

#195 9 years ago

Well I need some help here. I popped the balls out, put the play field up and began switching out the old lights for new ones. I made a good dent and decided to play a game. I put the balls back in after I tried to start a game. Now the balls won't shoot out and the game doesn't seem to start properly. The monger wont go down but the music comes on like a game is being played. The game responds if areas are hit but the monger is still up. Weird. I'm at a loss. I've tried turning it off and on several times hoping that migt reset it. Can anyone help?

#196 9 years ago

I'm hoping its not a fuse or worse and it's just a simple fix

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Sounds like your coin door isn't closed honestly or something related.

The fact that a game starts when I push the start button and no indicator comes on about the coin door being open confuses me. I was changing the lights while the machine was on. Is that a rookie mistake? I changed the light near the shooter rod and had to use a flathead to change it. Maybe I made contact with something that caused a fuse to blow? When they blow, is there an audible pop or anything that I would have noticed?

#200 9 years ago

Thanks buds, I am such a noob. I got a guy coming over to help check the fuses. I'll check the coin door wires when I get home as well.

#203 9 years ago

Guys the pinsider I bought my IM from, mark biz, helped me out and sure enough, I blew a fuse. F10 to be exact. I went out and got a new one and BAM! I am back in action!

#206 9 years ago

^^^^^^
Weird yeah I put a red one in mine too. I'd like to keep it in there. New fuse, so far so good.

A while ago I saw a picture of someone's IM that had some sort of led trim around the ramps. I was toying with the idea of using yellow on one ramp and red on the other. Does anyone remember this mod? Any recommendations on what to use? I know some/most might think its over the top or too ostentatious but I'd like to see how it looked anyway.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It turned your Iron Man I to Lethal Weapon?

Haha nice!

Martin Riggs: I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

1 week later
#208 9 years ago

So I've got a ton of Iron Man swag in my Iron Man toy/arcade room. I came across this:

image-342.jpgimage-342.jpg

And so I thought I could fill this dead space in the back. It's hardly seen if pressed all the way against the wall but what do y'all think? Cool? Not needed?

image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg
#210 9 years ago

Haha doing the unnecessary is what I do best!!

image-973.jpgimage-973.jpg
#211 9 years ago

Seems crazy but out of all the games played, only 3 have been longer than 8 minutes. Brutal.

#216 9 years ago

So I want to change my DMD to red. How hard is it to do? I need some kind of red filter right? What do those run?

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

$16.00 at Pinbits. Great bang for the buck.

Thank you sir I'm headed there now. Easy to install?

#219 9 years ago

Ah shit. It's sold out!

#221 9 years ago

Just put in the red filter for my DMD. Wow what a difference!!! Love it!! I'm gonna go do my SST that I have for sale next.

image-286.jpgimage-286.jpg image-315.jpgimage-315.jpg image-717.jpgimage-717.jpg
#224 9 years ago

I see I am not the only one debating on getting the Cointaker IM led kit that is up for sale.

#226 9 years ago

Guess what arrived Saturday and is about to get installed....

image-834.jpgimage-834.jpg
#227 9 years ago

Why can't we post videos as easily as we can post images?

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Finally put up a 100M score.

image-202.jpg 154 KB

Holy shit, I'll never get a score that high!! Hey is your DMD colored? Looks like its yellow lettering outlined in red in the picture.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is this the same as Hooked's? If not, anyone seen both and have an opinion which is better.

Pinball life sells Hooked's modded figures I believe.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Yeah, it's a color DMD. Honestly, I don't know if I'd recommend it for this title just yet, but I didn't want to spare any expense with this IM. Almost done with all of my mods. Service rails and mirror blades next weekend and I'll be just about done. Can't help but put a few games in during the upgrade process though.

What did the color DMD run you? Any way you could post some more images or video of the DMD during game play? I don't plan on sparing any expense with mine as well. Powder coating is on my list as well.

#237 9 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the great advice!

Question for anyone:

Why would I want to disable the two orbit posts? It's an option under the settings menu. Is it purely to speed the game up even more?

#242 9 years ago

So now I want to buy a pinnovator headphone kit. But they have three no scratch that four! damn versions. Here is what my coin door looks like:

image-210.jpgimage-210.jpg

Anyone have any idea which version to buy? I'm ready to hit the purchase button tonight.

#244 9 years ago

I'm gonna PM you Concrete.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I put a pinnovators kit in mine. I bought the one with the up down push button volumes on the outside, I'm pleased.

Do all Iron Man coin doors look like mine?

Which version did you choose bud? There are like four options. I'd love the one with easy volume control.

#248 9 years ago

im not sure which one i chose, but my coin door is like yours. l think i bought the premo one,

Did you pay $99 or $120?

#251 9 years ago

Sounds good to me. Only the best for my IM. I'll be buying it right now. Thanks man. Can you post of photo of your headphone installation?

#252 9 years ago

Now to find some bad ass Iron Man headphones to go with the pinnovators kit

#254 9 years ago

I'm putting on some yellow pincab protectors that I got from pinball fanatic.com

Problem I have is they seem more on the neon yellow side than regular yellow. Has anyone felt this way too? The pictures provided doesn't do it justice because the flash makes it appear different than in person. I was about to buy another set of four but worried they would be the same color. Could someone steer me towards a site with solid, dark yellow protectors?

image-376.jpgimage-376.jpg image-429.jpgimage-429.jpg
#255 9 years ago

Maybe up against hot rod red powder coated legs, they'd look better. Just not happy with them at the moment.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Id go with felt over pincab protectors....they will rub more on the cabinet art and do damage.

I thought about doing felt/protector/leg for more protection. I just liked the two toned ability that the protectors provide with colored legs/trim.

#263 9 years ago

Well then I'm sold. I'll purchase them right now. Thanks guys.

I just put ''shoot to thrill'' in place of War Machine multiball music, pretty cool

How hard was it to add the music? I've wanted to put some ACDC and Ozzy in mine since I got it but I am clueless about software, flash drives, etc.

#266 9 years ago

So I am installing the pinnovators headphone mod. Can anyone provide pictures of what they did? How it's installed inside? The pictures they sent me were ok but not very clear or detailed.

image-857.jpgimage-857.jpg image-536.jpgimage-536.jpg
#267 9 years ago

Nevermind, I got it. Wasnt sure where to secure the green/yellow wire. It wasn't pictured in the instructions. Also appears they sent me the small board/cable for their other hook up options. Anyway, I seem to have figured it out.

Edit: not getting any sound out of the headphone jack, still working on it

Edit to the edit: turns out I needed that cable and smaller board, lazy me. A few more minutes of work and it's blasting in my ears!! Hell yea!

#268 9 years ago

Just got this and I plan to frame it and maybe break the glass in twenty or so years

image-834.jpgimage-834.jpg image-469.jpgimage-469.jpg
#271 9 years ago

Indeed! So beautiful! Bay Area Amusements wasnt sure if they actually had the one they sold me but very cool employees went on a hunt in the factory for me and found it.

I'm knee deep in replacing all the black rubbers with Red and Yellow ones. The modding never stops. I don't know how you guys have so many machines. Just one machine has plenty of things for me to do.

#274 9 years ago

Hahaha!! I need to win at some scratch offs so I can buy your Avenger LE bud

#276 9 years ago

Just proves the point that people are stupid

#279 9 years ago

Share some pictures!

#282 9 years ago

Does it do just one color of your choice at a time?

#294 9 years ago

Rob, that looks fantastic. Well done! I'm going with the one piece rail/protectors too. Just about ready to turn them in to the powder coater.

#296 9 years ago

Which version? I got a Pro. I added the Tournament button just a few weeks ago. Mostly for aesthetics honestly. Red start button, yellow tournament button.

#312 9 years ago

We are about to add a bunch more members!!! Iron Legion !!!!!

#315 9 years ago

So pegs underneath the VE still or rails?

#333 9 years ago

I am wondering about the pegs/rails too

#339 9 years ago

I bought rails to replace my pegs. Gotta get them powder coated first.

#343 9 years ago

You need to change the # of pins you own to 2....even if they are the same game!

Oh I def will when it arrives!

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have a local powder coat company that I was thinking about taking my Hardware to, but am unsure what shade of red to select?

Yea I want a Hot Rod Red myself

1 week later
#360 9 years ago

Playing some ACDC and putting in the support rails for my IM Pro:

image-152.jpgimage-152.jpg image-656.jpgimage-656.jpg
#361 9 years ago

and now mirror blades!

image-377.jpgimage-377.jpg image-762.jpgimage-762.jpg image-350.jpgimage-350.jpg
#362 9 years ago

DMD glare has been busted!!

image-66.jpgimage-66.jpg image-555.jpgimage-555.jpg
#363 9 years ago

Hmmm now I need a Translite glare buster....

#367 9 years ago

PM oldpinguy, he runs cometpinball.com he has some at a reasonable price. Also I have been careful and slow when raising my play field and no scratches yet on the blades.

image-541.jpgimage-541.jpg
#375 9 years ago

I'll prob never break 50 million. Great job Rob!!

#390 9 years ago

Thanks can't wait for the shooter rods Brock. Thanks for the advice, I'll do that tonight to the bulbs.

I upgraded to the 1/4 inch, beveled playfield glass from that Bob's glass website.

Either post a few hot toys pictures or better yet please email me: [email protected]

You rock man. I'll need your Monger decal too

#393 9 years ago

Never heard of them, thanks, I'll look them up now.

#394 9 years ago

Wait, is this for the DMD Rob? Cuz I fixed the DMD, it's the Translite I was talking about

#408 9 years ago

I need some help from my fellow Iron Man owners. I am having some fuse issues.

image-682.jpgimage-682.jpg

These fuses not lit, does that indicate they are blown?

#410 9 years ago

I removed my coin door and shooter rod housing, swapping them out and while the shooter rod is back, the coin door is still gone. I thought it would still play without a coin door but no luck.

#413 9 years ago

Mother F'er!!! You guys are great!! I had some friends over and had way too much to drink and checked this thread right after they left. Sure as shit, pulled the white plug out and it worked great. Annoying thing is I switched out those fuses I thought were broken with 5A 250v which is what went in F10 slot. Turns out a few of them are like 3 and 4 amps instead of all 5A like I assumed. How much damage will I do if I leave them in there? Could some please pull out fuses F 5-13 and tell me exactly what the amp is so I can get the correct ones. Please.

#416 9 years ago

Yea I still have those 5A in there. Now I'm thinking the fuses were never blown and it was the simple matter of pulling out the white coin door sensor. I would love to put the correct ones back where they belong today but I don't know which ones are 3A, 4A, 7A, etc. Hopefully someone can just take a moment and pull them out and check them for me.

#419 9 years ago

Haha wtf. Staring me right in the face the whole time. How frustrating. I have completed ignored that list. Hmm pretty embarrassing. Thank you for your help and patience with me as I graduate from pinball noob/idiot. I put them back in correctly and it's working great again.

Ryan

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Indeed, you'll be able to compile the exact list of differences between the two easier than any of us can. Bulb styles, thickness and number of plys in the playfield, wire gauges, etc.
All the critical stuff that will keep collectors up at night

Oh lord. I will do my best. I'll get them side by side and compare the differences. I'm sure both will have their merits.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Please do. I know you will go thru them with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks Gavin.

I would like to give a shout out to gprotein (Gavin). The guy is first class and has hooked me up big time. Thanks man. You need anything, just holler. You've got my number.

Ryan

#438 9 years ago

image-991.jpgimage-991.jpg

#442 9 years ago

Well well I guess beggers can be choosers

#457 9 years ago

So still no idea how many were produced in this run?

1 week later
#470 9 years ago

Tired of the stock flippers so why not?

image-978.jpgimage-978.jpg image-737.jpgimage-737.jpg
#481 9 years ago

So a new week starts. I wonder if any more IMVE are shipping to new owners.....

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Taken from the Refinery thread. But I warn you... be prepared to be jealous if you venture into that thread. I'll never look at my IMVE the same again.

262114.jpg 58 KB

Everything they are having done to their IMVE, I am doing too to mine but more for cheaper. Same armor, same apron, modded figures plus I'm doing led flipper buttons, under cabinet led kit, decals, sub and headphone kit.

You can pimp yours too man. Pimping ain't easy but it sure is fun.

image-79.jpgimage-79.jpg

#500 9 years ago

Ha yea over a grand of mods.

Iron Man may just be a badass pin to most of you but I'm not the usual Iron Man fan. Some of you bought it cuz it was a good deal and wil prob be tired of it in six months to a year, ready to trade or sell it for the next pin. Not this guy. Have you seen my Iron Man arcade room?

The pin is a piece of playable artwork. And I plan on making her look badass to also go with the badass game play. Use the money you save on not buying the powder coated this or led that and buy another lower costing pin. Not this guy. Quality over quantity. Don't do any mods, do as many as I plan, it will still play about the same. It'll be hard to wipe the slobber and keep my boner out of the way as I play though.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

#506 9 years ago

Seeing double double, double vision

image-391.jpgimage-391.jpg image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg
#508 9 years ago

Great question. Not sure if it will fit honestly. If I do it'll be the last thing I change on the VE. I've already noticed several differences. Both are still beautiful. And kick your ass 9/10.

#516 9 years ago

Hey where does this Cliff protector go? Right side under the black rail? Like in the shooter lane?

image-591.jpgimage-591.jpg
#522 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Yes, right side under black rail. There's one screw under the playfield that you need to loosen. Don't remove the screw all the way just enough so you can slide it in there. Adjust it so it fits properly in the shooter lane then clamp the rail down with a C clamp. Tighten the screw and you're done.

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home

#526 9 years ago

Well I had a lot of help from a local pinsider, Richard, who went above and beyond and we put the decals in for my IMVE. I'll post pics of the whole process and thoughts on the Iron Man side decal thread. But long story short, I really like them a lot. Very kick ass!!

image-378.jpgimage-378.jpg
image-890.jpgimage-890.jpg
image-35.jpgimage-35.jpg

1 week later
#539 9 years ago

I got the red one to match my powder coating. The black one would look great with the stock black trim.

image-210.jpgimage-210.jpg
#541 9 years ago

Yea I got both. I will be putting the speaker decals on in a few days, this weekend is no good for me. I think they look great though and match the topper perfectly. I think I'll take out the speaker grill ( is that necessary?) and just use these decals.

image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg image-520.jpgimage-520.jpg image-915.jpgimage-915.jpg
#542 9 years ago

I say, why not get all three?

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

You have the acrylics and are taking them out to put in the red metal ones. Which one do you like best?

I'll let you know as soon as I put the new ones in. It prob won't be till Sunday or Monday. Someone else might have there's in before me so hopefully they post some pics soon.

I think the acrylics look fantastic though so we will see.

1 month later
#554 9 years ago

Just got this email. Will prob buy one or two...

image-419.jpgimage-419.jpg
#556 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is this a protector for the entire playfield?

Yes sir it is although I haven't found it online yet. They might not have put it in their site yet.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I really want to buy an IM VE
encourage me so I'm starting ...
tell me the good of this pinball
I love getting butt kicked when I play ...

iron-man-by-mmatere.jpg 27 KB

I was playing my Original IM last night and couldn't stop pressing start. Scored over 42 million on a three ball and then it was nothing but 10, 5 and 9 million games. It's a great ass kicker. I scared my four year old who was upstairs while I was playing downstairs because I yelled NO! So loud when I drained on Jericho. You won't regret it man.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really don't think you need that for a HUO game.

I hear ya and thanks for that, I was going to get it for my extra play field.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you put that on a PF that isn't getting any use?

For the future?

Seems like removing everything on a playfield already seeing use and wear would be a major time suck. Put it on the unused playfield and when the day comes to make the change, it's all ready to go.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I should be receiving my new IM next week btw, then I'll be joining the club. I suppose I'll just track Grinders post history in order to find the different sort of protectors and what not
By the way, how does a shaker integrate with the game? Is it worth it?
I'm super excited

Haha! Super excited for you. Post some pics and the shaker kicks ass as well in IM. Shooter lane/ejector protectors and vinyl magnet protectors are good ideas.

Quoted from moto_cat:

Shaker is great in IM, Grinder & myself have some sample lane guide & slingshot protectors (transparent red) from Laseriffic (transparent yellow in the works) en route. I'll post pics when I get them , I'm sure Grinder will too.

Oh yes, I'll post a bunch of pictures when they arrive. Should prob be tomorrow. I'm wondering how the red protectors might look on the blue left and right ball guide plastics. Maybe blue or just the clear would be better. Very excited to put the red on and see.

#573 9 years ago

Thanks you guys for your help with the decision about the playfield protector. I appreciate it.

#586 9 years ago

The headphone kit isn't all that necessary, just run the sub inputs to the cab speaker.

Subs are awesome but the headphone kit he sells is kickass too Brock

#589 9 years ago

Just wanted to throw this out as a protector for your magnets, KAWYDUD makes some badass vinyl magnet protectors that he can customize with size and color options. Great price too. If interested, throw him a PM.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I just got these plastic protectors(slings & lane guides) from Laseriffic . They give off a nice glow , the light is overexposed in these iPhone pics, but look really cool in person .

image-49.jpg 225 KB

image-589.jpg 262 KB

Are those yellow or red protectors? They look great. Do you think blue protectors would look better on the ball guide plastics?

Very immaturely, I had hoped to post pictures of the protectors first but I guess usps in my area is flipping me the bird. Still waiting. Glad you got them and I hope other IM owners contact Joe and get some for their machine.

#626 9 years ago

Man I hope mine arrive soon. Joe has been fantastic communicating with me about the protectors. Did you take any shots of the protectors before you put them in?

#628 9 years ago

No prob man, I will take some for us/everyone if mine ever arrive.

1 week later
#635 9 years ago

Giving you an option on your plastic protectors. Contact Joe (Laseriffic)

image-861.jpgimage-861.jpg
image-675.jpgimage-675.jpg
image-166.jpgimage-166.jpg
image-651.jpgimage-651.jpg

1 week later
#636 9 years ago

Kawydud makes some great colored vinyl magnet protectors. Perfect for IM and other games with magnets. He can adjust the size as well as color. I chose green for my Whiplash magnet and purple for my Monger magnet. Just a little color. I like it better than plain black or nothing at all. Hit him up

image-117.jpgimage-117.jpg image-448.jpgimage-448.jpg image-519.jpgimage-519.jpg image-647.jpgimage-647.jpg
#638 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The colors look good Grinder, but you really should have used the sparkly colored ones.

You mean these:

image-714.jpgimage-714.jpg image-789.jpgimage-789.jpg
#640 9 years ago

I have them side by side and they play exactly the same. Both have shakers, LEDS, nodded figures, under cabinet mits, a sub hooked to them, etc. Both are a blast. The differences are more in the details/aesthetics. The DMD on the VE is hard to look at the few times you might while you play or when it's not your turn, watching an opponent play. The cabinet print is different. The figures are different. The head box and its lock design are different. Different doesn't mean bad though. Can't go wrong with either man.

image-514.jpgimage-514.jpg

#643 9 years ago

Played a game on my VE then moved over and played a game on my Pro. Ball 2, kicked major ass, got the Do or Die center spinner all ready to go and promptly hit the War Machine kicker which sent my ball shooting down the drain. I screamed and to make matters worse the ball hit the apron and bounced back in play only to fall back down because I was cussing so much. Tease!! Ugh that's only like the second time I've had Do or Die as an option.

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Happy to have joined the club yesterday with a NIB VE. 323 of 510, made on the 14 Aug 2014.
Can you vets give me an idea of some spots to protect with Mylar? The magnet surrounds are done, I'm going to do the landing zone off the launch habitrail as well. Does the War Machine kickout zone get scuffed over time, and how about the slings - do I need any half moons of Mylar there?
Thanks.

I put half moons on my IM Pro slings but haven't for some reason on my IMVE. I put a mylar strip in the War Machine trough/channel in both though. Several shooter lane protectors (like three?) you can put down from Cliffy.

1 week later
#654 9 years ago

I asked my four year old, Rebecca, if she wanted to play some pinball. She has the brilliant idea to share the flippers. She takes the right, I take the left. We play on three balls and have a pretty fun and fast game. Got all the Marks lit. And had the center flashing to start Jericho. We make a few attempts but drain it.

Anyone else play with their kids like that? It was a blast!

image-27.jpgimage-27.jpg image-41.jpgimage-41.jpg
#661 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I'm thinking about buying an Iron Man VE to add to the collection. I have the stern STLE and I like the action in that game. Should I do it? What about lastability?

I say go for it man. It's such a fun and fast game. Simple looking on the outside but does have a surprising depth. Stacking multiballs strategies abound.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

Thoughts on the shaker...really need it? Yes, no, maybe?

The shaker at the beginning of Whiplash and Monger multiballs would make you go buy one. It's a great mod to get. Consider a sub for the game as well.

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Love that candy armor Grinder. I need to send my old Tron armor out and get it done like that. Very nice!

Thanks John! You hooked me up with all the vinyl protectors. I should be set for a while. When you get your armor done, post some pics.

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yep. I did with my three when they were young and now I do it with my four grandchildren. We share flippers all the time. Lot's of fun. Sort of like doubles tennis . . . not knowing what your own partner is going to do!!!
I have two little granddaughters about the same age as your little girl. Your little one sure is a beauty! I know you are proud.
Mike in Kentucky

That doubles tennis analogy is very fitting. It was a lot of fun. She was hitting the left ramp with great accuracy.

She is my beautiful genius. Four going on fourteen. Our diva. She loves Hulk but she knows daddy loves Iron Man.

image-170.jpgimage-170.jpg image-284.jpgimage-284.jpg
#676 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

+100. I've always wondered why you would want to cover him up. It looks awesome to see him down there, just waiting to come up.
Welcome to the club!

Seeing the screws, the half sticker of artwork and writing compared to a complete surprise to players when they see Monger rise up plus the artwork matching so well is no comparison. Covering up that plastic lid is the way to go man.

But to each their own.

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not sure how it's a complete surprise when the monger is up when the game is in attract mode. I agree that the plastic see thru cover is cooler.

Hmm maybe not a complete surprise then. Just recall several times having guests over and their ooos and aaahs when he rises. I attributed that to him being covered/not seen. He rises up through concrete in the movie, not some half awning where he is visible through. Having the plastic half covered with the screws so visible just seems cheap looking to me.

#681 9 years ago

Guess what this guy is putting on this weekend? The Pingraffix guys and others who saw these first hand were right on the money. These look amazing in person. Wow! Thank you!!

image-886.jpgimage-886.jpg

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Darn Grinder...is there any mod you don't have for this game. Pics pls when done.

You know I will post some pics. I can't afford as many games as I want so I mod the shit out the one I do. I still need a LED backbox kit for my IM. Prices are high and I'm not proficient enough yet to build my own.

#687 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The speaker box decal looks great. I am on the fence with the side decals as they just look like the Tron ones in a different color. They look good, but I was hoping for something similar to the back box decal.

I may have been the first one to say something in here when I saw the Tron pinblades and speaker panel I thought they could fit in with IM very easily with a simple color change. The red of the blades are going to match perfectly with my powder coating armor. I always wanted gold mirror blades for my IM. Now I've got them with a badass red decal as well.

image-350.jpgimage-350.jpg
#690 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Yay, I've joined the club! Just had a nearly new IMVE delivered. Unfortunately, just had my gall bladder removed so I can't move it up the stairs...in fact, can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the next couple of weeks!
So...pondering who to beg to come over and lug it up the stairs for me. LOL

Sucks man. Wish I were closer to help. Take it easy.

#697 9 years ago

Awww he misses his brother.....

image-878.jpgimage-878.jpg
#713 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

where did you buy them ? they are not listed at their site yet.

I bought it directly from them. Send them a PM.

#717 9 years ago

Www.pinnovators.com

So cool to be able to adjust the volume, or turn of the external speakers. I've got some Iron Man headphones to complete it as well.

I am about to swap that kit into my TAVLE and send them my powder coated part to have another kit installed onto for my IMVE.

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Has anyone installed a Under cabinet Flasher Kit on Yr IM yet .. I have a Cointaker Kit w/ 4 colors that i should have installed soon .. Red , Blue , Green and White ..

Only four colors? Dude there are some other amazing under cabinet kits. Brandon's kit with Arcadeupkeep are customized. During the attract mode before my game starts it slow fades from red to yellow. As the ball bounces around the pops, the kit flashes white. War Machine - Blue, Monger - Purple, etc.

In fact, I just got my Avengers under cabinet kit from Brandon today. I asked him to do a slow fade red white and blue on it and he programmed it and sent it to me. His kits are all highly customizable.

Chris aka Rock914 www.rockcustompinball.com makes a great kit too. Both guys have amazing customer service.

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I have had my IM VE for two days now and man . . . games on this pin are the shortest I've ever had in my life! It's like no time and you are on your last ball. For you purists, you will shudder, but I put it on 5 ball play. That only extended the game about a minute and a half! Ha. So, I took everything off of Factory Pre-set and put everything on "Easy", and maxed out ball save. I got a lot of excitement but barely racked up any more points. I was still pressing the 'Start' button almost as much as the flippers!
Next was tinkering with those outlanes that gobble balls so quickly that you can't even see 'em going down. I moved the two posts to the narrow holes. Hell . . . they ate the next balls as fast as if I had done nothing to them. And don't let me get started on the STDTM!
I hate to 'cheat' anymore, but I'd like to have more than a 3 minute game. Looks like I'm heading toward setting it on 10 balls, 50 extra balls, and putting rubber bands on the outlanes to block them off.

Welcome to the club!!! You'll get better, it'll get easier but it will always kick your ass.

2 weeks later
#765 9 years ago

I am Thankful for modders. Just installed Hooked's newest Iron Man mods. He has some great stuff for the speaker panel as well as the apron. Thanks Robert!

www.hookedonpinball.com

image-981.jpgimage-981.jpg image-881.jpgimage-881.jpg image-233.jpgimage-233.jpg image-717.jpgimage-717.jpg
3 weeks later
#777 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Where did you get that display and speaker panel? Looks awesome.

Thanks. Speaker panel decal was from Pingraffix. Speaker and apron lights are courtesy of Hooked

#779 9 years ago

Thanks bro. I am about to start a new thread challenging RobT to an Iron Man pin off.

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

Seriously beautiful machine Grinder.

Is your name Justin? Did you buy my Original Iron Man? How's it treating you?

1 week later
#804 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not sure, I was at a party a few weeks ago and they had the glass off trying to finger it out, it was a mystery to them...

Saw this and immediately thought of this:

image-865.jpgimage-865.jpg
#809 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just put cointaker red led #89 flashers behind whiplash on my IMve tonight. They look awesome! So glad to get rid of those whites back there. I highly recommend it!

Red might look cool but I'd recommend Green to go with his insert playfield color.

#811 9 years ago

Oh yea, blue for sure. Need to find a cyan flasher to truly match.

#827 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm going to install the Cointaker under cabinet flasher kit. I think it has three flash colors, maybe four.
What flashers should I tie each color to? I'm thinking Monger (red), War Machine (Blue), and Whiplash (Green).

Monger needs to be Purple. No doubt.

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No purple. It has white, red, green, and blue. I tied white to the pop bumpers.
I've got to say, this under cab flash lighting adds a lot to the game! Very impressed!

Not to rain on Cointaker but when it comes to under cabinet kits, Brandon from Arcade Upkeep is hands down the best. My kits are customized to my tastes. He even has attract modes on his kits. Any and every color bro, Brandon has the best led kits. Every flash, every target is tied into his led kit.

2 weeks later
#904 9 years ago

Brandon from Arcade Upkeep made me these. Thanks Brandon!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#911 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think you've crossed the line into "gaudy" a ways back...

Thank you.

Quoted from erak:

Added backbox lighting in back.
And a flasher inside to light up the arc reactor on the translight when all marks are completed.

CAM00248.jpg 153 KB

How much was your Backbox lighting? Where did you get it from?

2 weeks later
#932 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Thank You. The IM topper has L-style feet with Velcro strips for easy mounting. It also has a 7' harness and plug that connects directly to the empty 5v/12v connector in the front of the machine. It has the pulsating center light as well as 4 other light sources. It does not flash with the machine but many people have modified my other topper's lights to react with the pop bumpers or flashers. We have 42 orders so the run will be 50 only. So you can still order until those 8 are gone. This is a Limited Edition run and comes with a signed and numbered tag. There will never be any more made. Thanks

And as soon as they are made, they'll ship? So the order you bought is the order in which they'll ship? Was annoyed with my first NIB purchase IMVE that I bought within an hour of the announcement but had to watch others get theirs first. Yea first world problems but still.

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Yes, they are shipping in the exact order that they were reserved. I'll have to check but I'm almost positive your in the first batch

Thanks Dan, your customer service is top notch.

1 week later
#946 9 years ago

IM owners need to check out this mod for the ramps. I just got mine and installed it. Wow!!! I'll post a video tonight if I can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-interactive-ramp-lights-chase-lamps-part-2/page/2

#949 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

A friend and fellow IM owner recommended this Mod.
amazon.com link »

Yea I got a can for my Black Wifow ramp on my Avengers LE. My IM ramps are plenty fast for me though.

image-130.jpgimage-130.jpg
#951 9 years ago

It seemed to improve it. I have been wanting to throwing another coat on as it's been a while since it was last applied.

#953 9 years ago

A local fellow Pinsider sent me a link to this piece of Iron Man art and I had to have it for my room:

image-781.jpgimage-781.jpg image-759.jpgimage-759.jpg
#954 9 years ago

Look, it's no 274 or 333 million but dammit I hit Do or Die for like only the third time ever. What a rush!!! Then I kicked over half of Jerichos ass before it got me. What a rush!!!

image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg
#957 9 years ago

So last weekend I was at the house hanging with the family and had the radio on and Ozzy's Iron Man comes on so you know I had to crank it up, go to the game and press start.

I have Pinball Browser but I'm not sure what im doing on there. I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to have Ozzy's song come on when the game came on during attract mode. Is this possible? Has anyone done something similar? How hard was it to do.

Anyone who has insight or experience please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

Ryan

#959 9 years ago

Delay your trip, play a game. Or three!

#967 9 years ago

Finally got around to getting an LED backboard purchased from www.arcadeupkeep.com

It also dims during the game to reduce glare. Pretty awesome before and after pictures.

Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg

After:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#970 9 years ago

I hear ACDC is like that.

#972 9 years ago

Oh I also wanted to throw a few pictures on here of the badass Prof_Pinball's ramp lights. Super game interactive. Here are a few still shots of when Monger or Whiplash is active:

image-794.jpgimage-794.jpg image-671.jpgimage-671.jpg
#976 9 years ago

You don't like the ramp lights Rob? Too much? It looks better in person. Big wow factor but not always on and not distracting at all.

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it looks absolutely horrible!
Sorry, that's my honest opinion. Wouldn't even consider putting that on my IM.

Haha!! I love the honesty. You know me, nothing subtle or understated. In person it adds a ton to the experience. It's very intense. To each their own though.

#990 9 years ago

Think he wants one

#1014 9 years ago

I think I'll move Monger to hard but keep the orbit post.

2 weeks later
#1059 9 years ago

Risk = reward. Risk on IM = a kick in the crotch.
Could be a mod. The coin door comes open and a boxing glove comes out and.....

I'll buy it!!! How much?????

#1062 9 years ago

Bought this to go in my Iron Man room. Trying to figure out how to turn it into a mod:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Whenever you qualify War Machine, whip out that axe and play along to the awesome music.

I think the first riff I want to learn is the into to Iron Man by Ozzy

1 month later
#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nope, 2010. I would have gone either way, but was looking at 2010s more by the end of my search. I got lucky. I think that the VE is probably a bit better in more ways, but there are some things about the 2010 that I prefer.

Care to divulge what you paid?

#1104 8 years ago

Well congrats then bud.

#1112 8 years ago

I just picked up a ACDC Premium over a MET NIB.

Dude!! What did you pay? I am so jealous! Congrats bud.

#1120 8 years ago

Any one else in the club snag Laseriffic's latest IM mod? Looks great. Gives backboard some cool depth.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Finally figured out Pinball browser.
Added ACDC Shoot to Thrill for War Machine multiball.
Makes it so much better and at reminds me more of the movie.
Loving my IMVE even more now.

Jealous. Haven't a clue how to do that for myself. Good for you man.

#1125 8 years ago

Hey Iron Man fans!! Check out the newest mod from Laseriffic for IM owners. It's a topper for your flashers haha. Pretty cool idea.

http://www.laseriffic.com/p/mods/im-dome-flasher-toppers/

image.jpgimage.jpg image-629.jpgimage-629.jpg image-264.jpgimage-264.jpg image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg image-359.jpgimage-359.jpg image-871.jpgimage-871.jpg
#1127 8 years ago

Exactly. Peel and stick. Easy and simple mod.

#1131 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think the modders create these mods with Grinder in mind.
I do like these topper flashers.

Ha! Well, they can guarantee at least one sale with me. Never met a mod for my games I didn't like.

I hope Joe will expand the flasher topper to other games as well.

1 week later
#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Two quick questions:
One: What size rubbers for the slingshots of IM? I can't find a rubber list in the manual or I'm missing it over and over.
Two: Looking to trade or sell my IMVE. It is HUO, has laserrific topper, speaker lights and acrylics, mirror blades, battlezone mod tied to pop bumpers, extra lights behind Monger, Iron Man shooter rod. Price check? I have seen IMVEs creeping up past 5K recently. Is $5400 fair?

I think it's a 2" but I'm not in front of the machine. One of mine popped last night and actually replaced it before going to bed.

Oh and no that price isn't fair......for you haha

Edit: no it looks like a 2 1/2" for the left rubber. The right one might be a different size though.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1149 8 years ago

Not always right but this might help:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Hi, i gotpinball browser all figured out and have changed the war machine multiball music.
I am wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on what music would suit whiplash multiball.
I Am having a hard time choosing something. ACDC songs dont really seem like they suit the mode.
So im looking for ideas.
I was thinking maybe part of this.
» YouTube video
Thanks.

Eh I don't know about that for Whiplash. That's a tough one. Maybe Thunder Struck?

I'd love it if when the Start button is pushed I heard Ozzie say "I am Iron Man".

#1164 8 years ago

Any one else surprised Stern didn't make an Iron Man LE version of the table? Never too late I guess. If they did, I'd have no other choice but to sell my pimped out VE and go for the LE. No idea what they would put on or in it to differentiate it from the Pro but I'd be a buyer for sure.

#1166 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just appreciate what you have and don't worry about what could be.
Almost sold IM, glad I came to my senses. Stern's best game, even if it is ugly as all hell.
Beat Jericho for the first time last night, 136M game. Biggest rush I've ever had playing pinball.

Oh yea, I'm super appreciative just saying I was surprised IM didn't get a Pro and LE version.

I couldn't disagree more about its appearance as I thinks beautiful.

1 week later
#1175 8 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

OK someone help me out with Do Or Die...
I got all the characters lit but never saw anything about Do Or Die. Lost the ball... all characters cleared. Next ball I hit center shot and started Jericho. Do you have to start Jericho first before DOD becomes available?
God I love this game.

To answer your question, no. Do or Die is available if you complete the Marks in one ball otherwise that center shot will start Jericho as you saw.

The music will change, the display will tell you to hit the center spinner for Do or Die and the 35 million points will begin to count down stressing you out, ensuring you'll drain it after bricking that center spinner several times. Haha super fun and intense.

If I'm wrong about any of this, please correct me fellow adrenaline junkies. Speaking of adrenaline, my buddy and I rode this thing called the Sky Coaster in Gulf Shores last weekend. I was flying through the air like Iron Man! What a rush!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg image-418.jpgimage-418.jpg
#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Do or Die is not related to Marks.
Characters = Do or Die
Marks = Jericho

There ya go. I guess I equate completing the characters to getting Marks. My bad, still learning.

#1193 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

IM. . . such a wonderful game. What could possibly make it better? Color changing GI!
I'm one of the guys in Professor Pinball and I just finished replacing all of the GI with addressable (programmable) LEDs. I then added strips of addressable LEDs across the front of the apron and playfield backpanel. Hooked everything up to a Pinduino to control them based on game play (flashers, specifically), and spent some time programming some lighting effects. What's particularly fun about this setup is that the Pinduino can control up to three sets of addressable LEDs independently, and I have the GI controlled separately from the apron/backpanel. This let me create some combo lighting effects -- red on green, green on blue, etc. I'm sure many people will find this too much for their poor eyes to handle, but I like it. Well, at least until I induce a seizure.
» YouTube video

First off, you know I watched the video and loved what you did. So I see you turned off the ramp LEDs. You feel this color changing GI mod trumps the ramp lights and this is the next evolution in your pinduino mods?

#1206 8 years ago

Def doesn't look worse on my ColorDMD

2 weeks later
#1219 8 years ago

Beat Jericho again!! Feels like it's been months since I've beaten it. What a rush!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1224 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Is that a Color DMD in there? Looks way better than the blood red in mine.

Yes sir. Not cheap but hopefully they figure out a way to colonize it fully. I like it on yellow, gold and blue. The red is ok but it's more a pink than deep red.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#1225 8 years ago

So noob question here that I've never asked nor seen written somewhere. Pinbits plastic protectors, over or under the plastic? Black Widow is over while Nick Fury is under

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1227 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ive always done under...

Hmmm, good to know, thanks. Anyone else?

#1229 8 years ago

Ok, pinbit plastics under the plastic/artwork. Thanks guys.

2 weeks later
#1247 8 years ago

Hey Erak, or anyone really with some pinball browser experience (I have it but don't know how to use it), we need more Tony Stark call outs in the game, maybe some War Machine (Howard or Cheadle) call outs as well.

If TWD can add or change the call outs, why can't our members do the same for our kick ass pin?

#1250 8 years ago

Hit Do or Die for like the second or third time and beat Jericho. And it may have taken 10 or so minutes. Love this game!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1253 8 years ago

I'm prob playing it wrong but I try to get all the shields first, then ramps. Then attack the drones hoping for some Iron Man targets gets struck on the way. Then I try to stack Monger with War Machine. After Monger, finish up with Whiplash and start Jericho.

#1258 8 years ago

Drones are usually hit by accident aiming at things like ramps and spinners. Yea hitting ramps help with the shield awards for sure so I can work toward those objectives at the same time.

#1261 8 years ago

Pretty sure it's a one ball type of thing from what I remember.

On a side note, I had mine cranked to 40 volume (usually have it in the mid to high twenties for the family's sake) and man that was intense!!!

1 week later
#1264 8 years ago

Brother and I were playing IM the other day. I went first so on the third ball, I finished with the higher score with his last ball yet to play.

He started kicking ass and before I knew it he hit the center shot to start DOD. Hitting it would have guaranteed his score beating mine. I got super excited and tried to quickly explain he needed to hit the center shot again for a huge bonus as it began to scroll down from 35 million.

He quickly drained.

He's my younger brother by 8 years and just took the BAR exam. Smart dude but stubborn. No matter how many times I tell him to trap the ball to line up his shots, he refuses. Haha so frustrating.

I ended up beating him but man I wish he had hit the shot and beat me. Great game!

#1271 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Stupid question: when you start Iron Monger and the magnet releases the ball, is it supposed to go SDTM? Mine always seems to do that...

Not always but yea it happens sometimes to me too

#1277 8 years ago

I think these IM just have to get to the right people and it sounds like you are one of them. I just got ACDC a few months ago and thought it would be king, but IM is still number one with me.

If your kids get tired of your ACDC. You know what to do.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1281 8 years ago

I know. I know. I dont think ACDC was bought for the kids. I do have a family game hopefully coming in the next few weeks though. Something to do with Roller Coasters.
I think ACDC is 3rd behind IM and ST actually. I am not ready to make the trip yet. Love to see your gameroom though.

You guys are always welcome in Memphis.

#1286 8 years ago

Played my brother today:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1290 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

By "completed", I assume you mean a super jackpot to get it flashing.
I can complete Monger, but everything else is luck for me. The do or die hurryup is my favorite thing about the game. The pressure when everything is lit and you are ready to hit it is fantastic.

And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt

Do or die hurry up is awesome.

Iron man Fast scoring was about to finish and I saw the center light flashing and thought, "Hmmm maybe I have do or die ready". I told my brother I had to hit the center shot to start it and so I cradled the ball in the right flipper and hit the center shot and started Do or Die.

Then it began to count down and the pressure was on. I hit it at around 31 million. Felt great.

1 week later
#1304 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did all IM come with mylar donuts around the magnets, or was it added later?
Rob

Came on the VEs I think. I don't remember my Pro having any

#1307 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I will pay $4300 cold hard cash for your IM...Let me know..thanks.

add 2k and I might start to think about the possibility of selling mine to you.

Just kidding. There's no way I'd sell mine.

1 week later
#1335 8 years ago

Gold spray paint

1 week later
#1344 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So the shaker...worth it? Where do I get one?

Absolutely worth it. You don't know what you're missing. Shaker and sub could very well be the only two things you add to IM or you can go overboard like I did.

Check and make sure this will work with the VE first:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

2 weeks later
#1389 8 years ago

Appreciate that! One of my proudest moments was tag teaming with Gerry to make sure Grinder didn't buy that POS Classic! One of my lamest was insisting that IM could be had in the fours (to this day I feel my logic and data sets were sound!) and then ultimately buying in the high 5's. And never regretting it!
I thinned the herd (already small at 5 pins) down to 3 and I'm just thinking I need something new...and IM is the best and most valuable, so if I can find the right buyer or trade I think I'll let it go. For now.

You guys were awesome then and I'm very grateful!!

#1393 8 years ago

Think how awesome I'd be if you actually took that two-fear deal I offered ya! Someone just sold my old acdc for $7k! This hobby is freaking nuts!

Yes totally kicking myself for not getting them but timing is everything. One day I'll have Acdc and Metallica side by side.

#1402 8 years ago

Wow! Just came home after working 15 hours and wanted to play some IM. That woke me up!!!

Had an intense game where I had everything done ready to light Do or Die jackpot except Monger and drained before I started his multiball.

During game play, I had Shields 5x scoring/bonus. I was amazed at how many times I had completed the shields before I was able to finally nail War Machjne. What's the highest some of you have had the shield bonus at?

While in Jericho, I even had the extra ball lit but drained before I hit it.

Monster first ball!!!

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Whoa! I didn't know the SHIELD award could be that lucrative. Is it timed?

I have no idea. You know how the gameplay is, I barely had time to look up. Super quick game. Scored like 61 million without hitting jackpot or finishing Jericho. Three balls.

#1405 8 years ago

Hey owners, I need to change out my battery. Lithium right? Can someone tell me the exact one while I'm out and can pick one up?

Would the same one work in my Avengers pin?

#1408 8 years ago

It's Bogey time!!! Thanks Kawydud aka John!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I see you went with the black and white, I think that looks the best IMO.

Yes I agree. Def the best choice. Thanks so much for doing these. Check your PayPal in a minute.

#1416 8 years ago

If anyone else got Flashs' Sector 16 decal, I recommend getting Brock's lid decal too to cover the screws on the lid:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

1 week later
#1418 8 years ago

Haha of course it is and of course I did

1 week later
#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Hey Grinder,
What are the colored circles around your magnets?

Hey man, those are some vinyl magnet protectors that a fellow pinhead makes. Any size. Any color. I chose purple and green to match the insert colors.

His handle is Kawydud. His name is John.

They have held up perfectly for almost a year.

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just got a NIB IMVE from the latest run. First game after setting up got the DoD hurry-up and then Jericho. Next game was 5 million points. Lol, love this friggin game.
Couple quick questions though -
Is there still no earnable extra ball in the game (just have to get lucky and get it awarded from war machine)?
I found two little silver thumb screws loose in the bottom of my game when I got it all set-up, any idea where these go/came from?
How many of you have disabled your orbit up-post? After that first game, I disabled the post and the game is so much faster and more exciting.
What is up with the letter "O" in the Drones artwork by their insert on the playfield? I had never noticed this before at all, was going over the game with a fine tooth comb to look for flaws in the clearcoat etc. and finally noticed that - - it looks like some paint is missing, but it's the same on every image I've ever seen, like it's supposed to be muzzle flash or something? One of those now that I've seen it I cant unsee it.
Jericho - did the rules change in this latest release on being able to start a multiball while in this Wizard mode (similar to how the DoD hurry up was reduced from 50 mil to 35 Mil)? When I finish M-O-N-G-E-R the previous Pinballnews write up says that two more balls should be kicked out for multiball, but that doesn't appear to be happening.
Everyone pretty much think the code is done for this game, or is there a chance we'll see something new and a little deeper?
Anyway, glad to be a part of the IM club - one of my favorite themes with one of my favorite and fastest pinballs.

Hey man. Congrats on joining the club.

So no, that extra ball is a random award given. It's like Haleys Comet. (After reading another posters answers, sure you can set up the points to reward you another ball. I thought you meant only during game play)

No idea about those loose screws. Could have been extras they just dropped in there.

I've gone back and forth disabling my outer post. I've had mine disabled for a while now. Much faster.

I also stopped and gave that O in DRONES a hard look too but it's fine. It's part of the artwork.

No I've never started a multiball in Jericho. I'm not sure it's possible though I do have Jericho carrying over in my game.

Not sure about the Monger multiball question. I think I've had times where hitting the Shield reward gives me another ball during multi-ball.

Mod the hell out it and show it off man!

#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Thanks. They look cool and I just replaced both magnet cores on my IM. I put the clear mylar circles on mine, but now I'm liking the ones you have.

Thanks! I have both the larger clear Mylar protectors and these colored vinyl ones on top. Double bagging my magnets

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ok - that's based on your replay value, I was meaning more like, earnable in the sense that you complete certain objectives in the game itself to light or award the extra ball, like killing X number of walkers lights the extra ball in TWD. My guess is there is none in IM...
Yeah, dont look at the DRONES art if you haven't noticed it already! Bugs the crap outta me, good thing the rest of the game looks awesome - love the decals on the brushed aluminum look.
Ok, so I'm not crazy on the balls added in Jericho - must be old code.

That O is exploding in DRONES but I had a panicky moment thinking the art was flaking or something

#1446 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Will do - here's my list of to be installed so far:
Bladeskins (mirrorblades with the Iron Man artwork on top of them)
Speaker light kits with acrylics
External Subwoofer
Lit flipper buttons
Shaker motor
Back Box lighting kit (love the way it makes the sky look like it's storming)
Custom Laser etched topper
Custom pricing cards
Custom start button inserts
Any others I'm missing worth the money?? I like the arc reactors mod for the pop bumpers but they're a bit pricey and I don't want to have to remove that right ramp... Really want to find a good bust of Whiplash and replace that toy with something more visually appealing. How many people have spent the $$$ for all those little lit figurines instead of the factory? Are those really worth it? Anyone have one of those TV mods that play videos while the game is on? Not sure how I feel about those...
Seen some awesome custom stuff on this thread.

Great start!

Brother, if there is a mod for IM, I have it. Yes the MDM (TV Mod) is so flipping cool and easy to install. It gets a ton of comments.

Yes I have both the Whiplash and War Machine figures modded plus a Marine Drone in the back (I served 8 years in the Corps).

Hell I even have the interactive ramp lights.

Several different bumper caps out there in different price ranges but Hooked's stuff is top notch and don't be turned off by that right ramp. I've taken both ramps completely off and if I can do it, anyone on here can.

How do you feel about some colored rubbers for the game from Titan?

How about the Monger lid decals from Pinball_Customs or Flashinstinct?

How about the 3D back panel mod from Joe at Laseriffic?

How about powder coated everything?

How about a Color Dmd?

How about a second mortgage?

#1450 8 years ago

Pinsider sent me this photo of his Translite mod. Send your money Now!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1455 8 years ago

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Where?!? How much!?!?

#1458 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

sideshow collectibles......price euh.....better not say.....around 2K
I'm nuts I know

You're not nuts. Youre my hero. Damn I'm jealous

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

We need a poll. Who is more nuts about IM, Grinder or Darth_Chris Grinder would win hands down until I saw that "sider" Darth_Chris posted.

#1465 8 years ago

Now I have to get one for my room Darth.

This one could be had for the low price of 8k at Universal Studios

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1473 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Hats off to you for serving, Grinder! I too served. Two years Active Duty during Vietnam and 32 years of Army Reserves. My father was a Marine . . . fought in WWII on Iwo Jima and Guadelcanal, then in Korea. I always liked you, but now I like you more!!!
Mike in Kentucky

Thanks bud!

Thank you and your dad for serving as well!

#1482 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Have you tried to reinstall the code for it? There friend had a ST delivered that didn't have the sound working and that fixed it.

Eric, please put a big in someone's ear that I would like to buy another pinshield

#1496 8 years ago

Ugh I want!! Looks great man. Need to find me a laser etcher locally to write I am Iron Man along my side rails and light it up.

#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I got them from here,http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/4957982-2/. Had them powder coated with this. http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PMB-6905/ILLUSION-CHERRY/ Had the gold sparkle for a top coat. Also did the legs, the premium support brackets, and better style lock down bar.

Pictures when it's all done!! John, I have had a lot of people PMing me about your colored vinyl magnet protectors. Hope they have reached out to you as well

#1513 8 years ago

Just throw some Mylar down on that area and you'll be good to go. You'll never see it. Just keep on playing bud

#1515 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It's not normal wear and tear. That is a poor clear coat job and is total bullshit. Makes me want to cancel my Iron Man VE order. When is stern going to stop putting out this crap. Their is not a protector for this either. They have them for the ball eject and shooter lane not were his damage is. I have a IMVE and GOTPRO on order and I am seriously considering canceling. I guess you could get one of those full playfeild protectors and install it day one but what a pain in the ass that is. When you spend $5000 plus on a new toy you should not have to deal with shit like this.

Overreact much?

2 weeks later
#1564 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must...........r...e...s...i...s...t..........t...0...0.......m...u...c...h.....m...o...n...e....y......
Fuck it, I'm in.

Excellent. Your training is complete.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1574 8 years ago

Cointakers is nice but Im really glad I went with Arcade Upkeeps led backbox for mine. It's not over the top and I love that when the game starts, the LEDs dim automatically so there is no glare from the translite onto the glass. They also do an amazing and customizable under cabinet led kit.

#1584 8 years ago

It's from Pingraffix. They no longer make them. I have one on mine.

Brock (pinball_customs) said he was going to design a new one so hopefully that's revealed soon

#1587 8 years ago

Boom!! My bad. Great stuff man.

#1588 8 years ago

Well since IMVE is a metal speaker panel, will you make them magnetic?

#1599 8 years ago

I had a thought. The plastics over the slings seem odd to me. No where else on the game are Black Widow or Nick Fury represented. They don't even rate call outs in the game from what I can remember which seems weird as well.

So unless someone wants to pull clips and alter the code (erak) I have a mod request. I'd be a buyer if someone could create some badass looking replacement sling covers. Maybe have one be the Iron Man suit and one be War Machine. Or maybe two halves of the Iron Man mask. I remember seeing some cool SM plastic replacements red and black half and half of the Spidey symbol. I'd love something like that for Iron Man. Black Widow is hot and all but they just don't fit in the game.

Thoughts?

1 week later
#1654 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grinder-901-vs-robt-in-an-iron-man-pin-off#post-2121187

I've done a ton of mods since this thread like led backbox, new Monger lid decal, flipper bat acrylics, led shooter rod mod, plunger plate, obviously ColorDMD releasing colored rom, and custom topper.

It was a fun thread. I miss Rob too.

#1665 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Pinbits plastic protectors needed on IM?

Can't hurt. Got them on mine

1 week later
#1730 8 years ago

No sir. I'd like to put a SMVE beside my IMVE.

Then again, I also want an Elvis, XMLE and Acdc Premium

I can't make up my mind!!!

Only certain thing is my IM is bolted to the ground

#1775 8 years ago

Happy Holidays!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1781 8 years ago

New hobby lined up?

#1783 8 years ago

Well good luck bud

4 weeks later
#1825 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone know why Pinside doesn't have IMVE for the Archive and to add to collections?
I asked it in the Pinside website forum and received one snarky remark, otherwise crickets. Was this a topic of debate before?

Yea bud, that dude is snarky and usually not much help unless he is starting a poll.

It was talked about but really, they are the same game, the 2010 OG and 2014 VE. It's just another run of the same game with some cosmetic differences. I don't think Robin or Pinside made much of a stink about creating two different options in the archives. No reason to further divide IM owners I guess. Any IM is a good IM.

#1827 8 years ago

It is a bit inaccurate. Maybe putting two different dates or a set of dates to indicate runs?

Or just do a better job of estimating total amount ran. Since IM first came out in 2010, I don't think it's terrible if they kept that date but had a more accurate total

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
371 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Grinder901. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.