(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da_Topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3157 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

If anyone is looking for this topper, I have one. Won't fit in my basement.
http://www.tilttopper.com/iron-man-1.html

How tall is it?

1 year later
#3635 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

A combo shot would be interesting, but I do worry about it potentially making the game unbalanced. A combo count without making them worth more points would be fun though. I think it would be neat to also have high score tables for the three main multiballs (Whiplash, War Machine, Iron Monger), Bogey, and maybe something like time to beat Jericho as I feel like it's scoring is equal each time (is that correct? I haven't played it nearly as much as I should lately )
For skill shot, I think the best option is to make it so that if you can get it in the right hand lane without changing lanes, it's worth some major point bonus. When Iron Man came out, it was the first game that got a release party, and it was held at GameWorks in Schaumburg, IL - the only release party. I played in the tournament for it and won "B division", but I found myself in the finals soft plunging to try to do this because the left roll over lane was so easy to hit, I figured this *had* to be built in. The skill shot is really the only thing that bothers me because with it being so easy, it seems like more of a punishment for those that don't know the game and who don't get it than anything else, and that's never good.
I'm less of a fan of having a Metallica-esque Super Skill Shot because I feel like Metallica lights too much stuff, and I've had slop shots that score the Super SS and that feels a little cheap. If a longer one is planned, I would rather it is a harder shot that advances something. I'd personally be for it to be only for the middle spinner, and if you hit it you instantly start your first Monger. That to me would be a solid risk / reward for getting the Super SS and would help to make an exciting possible "come back path" for tournament play in particular. But let's not open up every shot to a Super SS.
I play with extra balls off, so while I understand that request completely, I'm good either way there.
Having said all this, if they don't update the code, it's still my favorite game.

Actually the very first launch party was Big Buck Hunter, which I won. Missed qualifying on the Iron Man A division by one more hit on Monger to start multiball. Actually miss the little toys that would come on these plaques. Anyways, I like fast playing games like this and Tron with simple rule sets and wouldn’t mind adding an Ironman next to my Tron.

D6DFD654-6DFA-4584-8FCE-25D74E97BFBB (resized).jpegD6DFD654-6DFA-4584-8FCE-25D74E97BFBB (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#3839 4 years ago

I’m getting a nib Iron Man 2014 vault any day now. What cliffy’s do I need to get with this version?

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

You shouldn't need any of them. The IMVE already has the ramp protectors and Stern added protection around the magnets.

I’m talking about the 2014 IM vault. Spider-Man vault was the first to add the oversized metal magnet protectors. The 2014 IM vault will still require the carbon fiber rings around the magnets.

Quoted from maffewl:

Agree 100%. All new Sterns should have shooter lane protection as for some reason Stern seems to over-power all of their coils with no way to adjust like most other manufacturers.
I've added the following to all of my new Sterns and they are awesome.
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347500129

I’m able to adjust the kick out coils on my JPLE and Elvira.

So no ramp protecter cliffy’s are needed on the 2014 vault. Just carbon cliffy rings for magnets and shooter lane cliffy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da_Topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Da_Topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.