(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2318 7 years ago

Just picked up an iron man today and love it! Got to do or die three times scored it once and chocked getting to Jericho on that game too! Already surpassed the Gary Stern high score that hadn't been passed yet! Played about 20 games mainly within that 5m bracket got it pitch at 11deg for that brutal feeling

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Welcome to the club!
So I've got a question. Where was that "11deg" measured? On the playfield or on the glass? I'm asking because 11 really doesn't sound right. If it is on the playfield, it sounds way to steep. And if it was on the glass, it is way too shallow. That sounds right between them (7 on playfield vs 16.5 on the glass sounds more normal).
I'm also asking because IM really is a brutal game. But if you get the Do or Die hurryup too often, it might get boring quickly. DoD hurryup is reserved for fantastic play. I realize it is your game and you can set it up any way you want. But the magic of Iron Man is the proverbial "so close" feeling that leads to anger as you hit the start button again.

Yeah the 11 was on the glass I was just lazy and didn't measure on playfield. Measured last nit on the playfield as I changed over the magnet cores as they were mushroomed and levelled the back of the iron monger (but I think I lowered it too much... The lay field is actually at 6.7 now and I moved the left Outlane completely off instead of the lowest rung like it was when I got it. In saying I got to do or die 3x in one night I think I played about 30 games in a row so that's how I got to do or die that often. Most of the games were in the range of 2-7m. But the game is definitely a hard one!

5 years later
#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Do you have to collect all the shield icons to start Jericho? If so 2 of the shield icons are in the outlanes...which I assume means that you must drain a ball on both sides to actually light up ALL the required shields?
Which leaves you with one ball left to achieve the mode?
This may be a stupid question but in pinball in general is seems odd/cruel to force a ball drain to achieve part of a goal.

You just have to go over any of the inlanes. So the top two near the pops or the bottom for. You can move the shields with flipper presses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.