(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

this acquisition was one i labored over for quite a while. now that i finally have one its played every day. gprotien nailed it with the needed upgrades. my highest game of all time on any IM is only 110M. when i see 250M scores i think, "that cant be real. or they must have the game set up too easy."
needless to say i effing love IM. its like my MM

Here is the trick to getting a 250+ mil score. Get all the lights lit for DOD. Collect the DOD super jackpot (usually for at least 25+ mil). The key is that once you hit the DOD SJP, you get 2x scoring for the rest of that ball. Then get into Jericho. Complete Jericho IN THAT BALL at hit the Jericho SJP with 2x running. Its a chore to do this, but it will get you over 100 mil as an award for the Jericho SJP. I have done it once and my score was 263 mil.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just give me a year or two of continuos playing and maybe I'll do this

That's what I thought too. A pinsider was over at my house and was having an epic game. Got the DOD SJP and then the Jericho SJP all on one ball. When he hit the Jericho SJP it showed the score for the SJP (100,000,000) and the text for the score wrapped a bit over the DMD. We were both like "holy shit! how did that happen!" Checked the rules and found the 2x multiplier after DOD SJP.

I then played the crap out of my IM for the next week or so. It was like a mission to try to get it for myself. After a lot of sweaty palms and some epic swearing, I got into a zone in one game and pulled it off. Great feeling.

I am not that great of a player at all. You just need some luck, a lot of continuous time on a game, and as SKB says, to get in the right zone.

1 month later
#293 9 years ago

Love the red RobT. Awesome color that goes great with the machine. And I agree that I generally don't like coin doors that are chromed or colored, but that looks great.

I vote for lolipop ones all day long. The others, even though they do not cover the side art, make it look unfinished.

3 weeks later
#373 9 years ago

Epic score RobT!

The key to getting 200+ mil scores is to cash in on the DOD hurry up. That gives you the countdown score, but it also, importantly, gives you 2x scoring for the remainder of that ball. Then, if you complete Jericho in that ball, you get the 100+ Jericho SJP.

1 year later
#1721 8 years ago

A trick / key to getting huge scores on Ironman is doing things on 1 ball. What i mean is, if you collect the DOD hurry up, that doubles all scores for the rest of that ball. Thus if you then get into Jericho and finish it in that same ball, you get a monster double SJP. I have done it once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.