(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 101.
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Is there an actual skill shot on IM? When I hold in the left flipper, up post goes down, but I don't see any lit shot. This is the latest code.
Thanks!

Hold flipper, now try and hit one of the two inlanes on top. It's pretty tough actually.

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Hold flipper, now try and hit one of the two inlanes on top. It's pretty tough actually.

starting at 1M points

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That is the correct core as long as it isn't the most recent vault edition, those had the very large magnet cores.
You can also get it here - https://www.pinballlife.com/magnet-core-plug.html

Thanks so much!!

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Is there an actual skill shot on IM? When I hold in the left flipper, up post goes down, but I don't see any lit shot. This is the latest code.
Thanks!

The upper right ball guide is the skill shot, hard to do.

1 week later
#4755 2 years ago

A new IM translite available. PM if interested.

IM 2022 PST (resized).jpgIM 2022 PST (resized).jpg
#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Bit busy imo, if you could do the original factory translite with that shot of whiplash added and monger somewhere that would be dope!

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Not feeling it.

#4758 2 years ago

At full size, backlit and on your game I think you will be surprised at how much it will liven up you machine. But its all good, to each their own.

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

At full size, backlit and on your game I think you will be surprised at how much it will liven up you machine. But its all good, to each their own.

I also put an alternate translight on mine. I wouldn’t post it because of opinions. You love it, and that’s all that counts.

#4760 2 years ago

Hard to beat the original IMO

E3D92A00-B332-4277-BAD4-70DEE25678AB (resized).jpegE3D92A00-B332-4277-BAD4-70DEE25678AB (resized).jpeg
#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

[quoted image]

Yawn, IMO.

#4762 2 years ago

The phrase less is more comes to mind. Now take it whatever way you’d like, you do good work (I have your SM translite), but having just the essential things is sometimes better than having way too many superfluous things. It allows you to focus on what matters.

#4763 2 years ago

What are the Do or Die MB requirements? I watched Karl’s stream and it looks like you need to get the super jackpot in the 3 multiballs, progress IRON MAN to Mach 5, and kill a ton of drones. Is that everything? Does anyone know how many drones are required?

#4764 2 years ago

I thought there may be another way, but the easy way I like to remember is to:

1) Battle each of the 5 characters (it will then light up). When all 5 are lit, they will flash in unison. Do or Die is ready...

2) Do or Die is started by then hitting the center shot. It's a hurry-up, counting down from 35M points.

3) One needs to hit the center shot again to collect the remaining points.

***Losing the ball at any point along this process will start the requirements for Do or Die all over again. Basically, all the character lights will go back off and need to be lit again.

#4765 2 years ago

You all inspired me and reminded me how great this game is. Just popped downstairs to play this fast, brutal and game, 3 times. 7M, 6M, and finished with 33M. Had 3 characters lit a few times toward Do or Die. Last game I was able to light all 6 Mark suits for Jericho, but crapped out before I could hit the center shot to start it! Darn! What a rush!!!

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

[quoted image]

Do you have a backbox led kit on that?

#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I thought there may be another way, but the easy way I like to remember is to:
1) Battle each of the 5 characters (it will then light up). When all 5 are lit, they will flash in unison. Do or Die is ready...
2) Do or Die is started by then hitting the center shot. It's a hurry-up, counting down from 35M points.
3) One needs to hit the center shot again to collect the remaining points.
***Losing the ball at any point along this process will start the requirements for Do or Die all over again. Basically, all the character lights will go back off and need to be lit again.

Do or Die hurry-up is NOT THE SAME as Do or Die Multiball which is the final wizard mode. One is easy to get to…. one is not.

Found this post from 9yrs ago. Not sure if anything changed with code updates since then.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-near-impossibility-of-do-or-die-multiball

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Do or Die hurry-up is NOT THE SAME as Do or Die Multiball which is the final wizard mode. One is easy to get to…. one is not.
Found this post from 9yrs ago. Not sure if anything changed with code updates since then.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-near-impossibility-of-do-or-die-multiball

OMG! Thank you! Learn something new every day (which is a great way to go through life... I know too many people, friends and not friends, that already know everything!) I can now put Do or Die Multiball up there with Valinor on LOTR... things I know are there, but may never achieve.

#4769 2 years ago

Iron Man pin2dmd colorization finished. Who interested in real pin files, let me know.

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Do you have a backbox led kit on that?

Yes

#4771 2 years ago

Looks great but wish someone had the skill to convert IRONMAN to lcd.

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

OMG! Thank you! Learn something new every day (which is a great way to go through life... I know too many people, friends and not friends, that already know everything!) I can now put Do or Die Multiball up there with Valinor on LOTR... things I know are there, but may never achieve.

I watched Karl beat do or die multiball and the grind it took is not something that I even want to attempt and it didn't look fun at all. I'll just have to be satisfied with regular old do or die.

#4773 2 years ago

So after playing Beatles I started to wonder could Ironmans spinners be upgraded to opto spinners? Well let’s find out!

#4774 2 years ago

Weird question, but does anyone know the "WHIPLASH" font on the plastic?

Thanks!

1 week later
#4775 2 years ago

Hi gang, noob here. Just had my center post around the orbit shot stop working. It was working just fine and out of the blue it just stopped. I can't get it to fire in the service menu either, any ideas??
Thanks

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Sent pm to Hooked tonight. Waiting on response. Hopefully, will have an update soon.

Hey any updates on the pop bumpers?

I noticed hooked updated to, retired 2020, we will see...?
IronManHookedOnPinballPopBumpers (resized).JPGIronManHookedOnPinballPopBumpers (resized).JPG

#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from Domino365:

Hi gang, noob here. Just had my center post around the orbit shot stop working. It was working just fine and out of the blue it just stopped. I can't get it to fire in the service menu either, any ideas??
Thanks

The first thing I would do is lift the playfield and see if any solder joints to that coil have broken.

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Hey any updates on the pop bumpers?
I noticed hooked updated to, retired 2020, we will see...?
[quoted image]

As of yesterday, caps were with the laser cut guy to cut the bases. Hooked is waiting for that part to be completed. Hopefully, soon.

#4779 2 years ago

So I have owned an Ironman since release and as cool as the whiplash EL wire mods are they are not that bright and easily get filtered out by the flashers especially once you LED your game.

Tried loads of different EL wire types and non of them are that bright, but I found some cool stuff recently, it runs on 3-5v, doesn’t require an inverter so no annoying hum and best of all it’s super bright!

First picture below is taken with all my living room lights on overhead.

52741083-E0D0-4639-9754-8EBE517EBC9D (resized).jpeg52741083-E0D0-4639-9754-8EBE517EBC9D (resized).jpeg

And my 2nd version/design of the new whips I have made for my whiplash, my first version had thicker black straps, went half as thick on this version and it looks a lot better imo, just wanted to share with fellow owners.
05B77381-A61B-40E7-AB81-9D8F5AB05370 (resized).jpeg05B77381-A61B-40E7-AB81-9D8F5AB05370 (resized).jpeg

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So I have owned an Ironman since release and as cool as the whiplash EL wire mods are they are not that bright and easily get filtered out by the flashers especially once you LED your game.
Tried loads of different EL wire types and non of them are that bright, but I found some cool stuff recently, it runs on 3-5v, doesn’t require an inverter so no annoying hum and best of all it’s super bright!
[quoted image]
And my 2nd version/design of the new whips I have made for my whiplash, my first version had thicker black straps, went half as thick on this version and it looks a lot better imo, just wanted to share with fellow owners.
[quoted image]

Yes, the one I got from Hooked isn’t that bright (ended up taking out one of the two flashers to help). Also part of One whip stopped working. Nice job, details on where you got em or sell some, they look GREAT!

#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! I’d love to know what you used. I’d like to add some whips to my game. Thanks!

#4782 2 years ago

Once I have finalised everything I’ll give a run down of what was used and worked, currently on the 2nd design above as I wasn’t quite happy with the 1st set I did with thicker black banding, I also did a version with wrapped black wire but that looked a little messy and was super time consuming.

The extra wire past the small black handles is intentional, that will run down his arms and loop into his back pack just like it does in the film, not much to work with on these 4.75” figures but still trying to go for movie accuracy.

#4783 2 years ago

Yesterday was move day for my IMVe into my cellar game room. Head had to come off, and in my haste I didn't photograph the connections in the cabinet. Can someone tell me where the long black/white ground wire connects in the cabinet? This is the long wire that goes from the left side of the head down into the cab/inside of the wire wrap. Just can't find the receiving connector....

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Added over 2 years ago:

Never mind ... it connects to "Blu-Blu" as per page 55 of the manual. This is the power lead for the fluorescent tube.

#4784 2 years ago

Anyone selling an vault edition decals? Thanks

1 week later
1 week later
#4786 1 year ago

Still looking war machine plastic and right outline

#4787 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone selling an vault edition decals? Thanks

Stern still had some in stock a few months ago as I got a replacement for a damaged one.

#4788 1 year ago

I am currently being proposed an Iron Man Vault. I have never had a SAM before, is it possible to know the lifetime number of games played, or is it reset on an update ?

#4789 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

I am currently being proposed an Iron Man Vault. I have never had a SAM before, is it possible to know the lifetime number of games played, or is it reset on an update ?

I wouldn’t trust it either way. Use condition as your judge. Go right towards the areas of wear. Art around the flipper buttons. Shooter lane. The inlane slots where the switch is (how beat from the ball drop out of the ramps). And on IM, definitely the trough as you peek under the apron from the playfield. Finally the magnets.

Those should give you an idea of the overall condition of the game. If they are saying really low plays, but those areas don’t agree, they are lying to you. That’s not a big deal, you should expect them to be lying. However, at that point you should look with a more critical eye.

Condition is king.

#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

is it reset on an update ?

The audits do reset when the code is changed. So, no way to know. But as DaveH says, don't go by plays anyway. Look at the actual condition.

#4791 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

i've just bought a X-Men Magneto with 36 games on it !

heu... wait... at 99%, you know this cant be true, right ?
than as said above, only your eyes will judge the state (which was pristine for my Magneto lol)

#4792 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

As others have said. No way to know. But the good thing about SAM....In my experience, SAM is the most reliable pinball platform I've encountered. I've had everything from WPC, WPC95, Pinball2000, Whitestar, SAM. Spike2 and Data East. SAM has been extremely reliable. I've had 5 SAM pins for almost 10 years and the only problem I had was a trace went bad on an opto board. Iron Man coincidentally (War machine). I actually fixed it (jumpered) before the replacement arrived. So the replacement opto is sitting in the coin box.

#4793 1 year ago

The machine looks really nice in pictures, I'll do as advised and inspect every bit of it. It is a 2020 VE, so recent that I don't expect a lot of wear expect maybe in the shooter lane. I was just wondering if it was possible to know for sure if the game had 200 or 4000 plays. Never mind, I'll just get it if it looks nice, I've been wanting to play that game at home for some time.

#4794 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

I've been wanting to play that game at home for some time.

bonne idée ! flip sympa, très simple, mais de la pure adrénaline et en instantané

1 week later
#4795 1 year ago

Do you have to collect all the shield icons to start Jericho? If so 2 of the shield icons are in the outlanes...which I assume means that you must drain a ball on both sides to actually light up ALL the required shields?

Which leaves you with one ball left to achieve the mode?

This may be a stupid question but in pinball in general is seems odd/cruel to force a ball drain to achieve part of a goal.

#4796 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Do you have to collect all the shield icons to start Jericho? If so 2 of the shield icons are in the outlanes...which I assume means that you must drain a ball on both sides to actually light up ALL the required shields?
Which leaves you with one ball left to achieve the mode?
This may be a stupid question but in pinball in general is seems odd/cruel to force a ball drain to achieve part of a goal.

You just have to go over any of the inlanes. So the top two near the pops or the bottom for. You can move the shields with flipper presses.

#4797 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

These are the colors I chose for the display lighting. In my opinion adding tasteful color to this basically white light only playfield made an enormous difference is the satisfaction I have for this machine. Adding the blue flashers made it that much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can someone tell me where i can find these magnet covers/protectors? They look bigger than the usual and they fit just nice.
Thanks

1 week later
#4798 1 year ago

Hi Everyone.

A friend has an original IM which has a dead flipper (right). I can't find a manual anywhere for this.

Can someone share the listing of driver transistor assignment please? He pulled the board and brought it over but just testing the transistors in circuit (board disconnected), they all diode test the same so I will just have to remove the transistor in question.

Let me know what you have, thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Update: I've found it so here is a copy of the coils and driver transistor locations:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
1 week later
#4800 1 year ago

Hey gang helping a friend with their IM (2010). The upper post will always pop up immediately on the plunge, regardless of left flipper press. Shooter lane switch is fine in switch test. They are on 1.83 and doing an update today. Anyone know if this was a code issue in the prior version or what else to check on this? No other switches seem to be closed in the switch test. Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.