(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_1 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7767911_3 (resized).jpg

There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 101.
#4651 2 years ago

I’ll forward to Hooked

#4652 2 years ago

Update from Hooked re: pop caps - They have to recast so its in the works. I sent the original sample out so now its a waiting game. More than likely Feb.

#4653 2 years ago

Is Stern making another run of IM VE?

#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Our local distributor has said Stern will be running another batch next year but it isn't confirmed when yet.

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yes. My dist. said it is a run of 75 and currently listed as Nov '21 build. I have one on order and hope to see it first week of Dec. Not sure if the build dates/prod numbers are US specific.

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

I’ll forward to Hooked

Thank you!

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yes. My dist. said it is a run of 75 and currently listed as Nov '21 build. I have one on order and hope to see it first week of Dec. Not sure if the build dates/prod numbers are US specific.

Did not realize they were making more of these after their early 2020 VE run of them.

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Update from Hooked re: pop caps - They have to recast so its in the works. I sent the original sample out so now its a waiting game. More than likely Feb.

Thanks, keep us posted please.

1 week later
#4659 2 years ago

Im shopping an Iron Man and the grommets at the end of the ramp are shot. Does anyone know the part number on Pinball Life? I think these are it, just need someone to confirm.
Thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-rubber-bumper-pluggrommet.html

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Im shopping an Iron Man and the grommets at the end of the ramp are shot. Does anyone know the part number on Pinball Life? I think these are it, just need someone to confirm.
Thanks
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-rubber-bumper-pluggrommet.html

Those are the ones mate! Just looked in my manual for you to confirm it 100%

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those are the ones mate! Just looked in my manual for you to confirm it 100%

Thanks!

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

If still able, I'll jump on the list as well. The game is bolted to the floor and never leaving. Might as well add a very nice mod that it doesn't already have.

#4664 2 years ago

Could someone explain what task is needed to light the extra ball?

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Could someone explain what task is needed to light the extra ball?

Completing the iron man targets twice, I think an eb is sometimes awarded as a random special from the shield bonus as well

#4666 2 years ago

Another question for the club:
I found this plastic in the cab, any idea where it goes?

F76C80EB-2276-41EF-B2C7-DF64CE418E98 (resized).jpegF76C80EB-2276-41EF-B2C7-DF64CE418E98 (resized).jpeg
#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Another question for the club:
I found this plastic in the cab, any idea where it goes?
[quoted image]

along the ball shooter lane

#4668 2 years ago

Does anyone know when Stern is running more IM?

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

They are doing a tiny run of them this month.

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

The current run is sold out in Australia. We will have to wait and see if they run another batch next year.

#4671 2 years ago

Has to be one of sterns best sellers and longest running games at this point.

Impressive considering everyone shit on it at release and myself and others where called idiots for buying it

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Impressive considering everyone shit on it at release and myself and others where called idiots for buying it

One of the best games in my collection. Never bought one until the 2020 run. Glad I did.

#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

along the ball shooter lane

Where?…..

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They are doing a tiny run of them this month.

Thanks.

Quoted from Micky:

The current run is sold out in Australia. We will have to wait and see if they run another batch next year.

I am lucky enough to have paid a deposit months ago for a game in this run, and at the time was told December delivery. Glad to know they're due on the line later this month.

#4675 2 years ago

My IM was made in 2011. Ten years later, Stern still making it with some software and cabinet upgrades. This is awesome. I believe there are a lot of IM fans in world. Plus IM kick started the Marvel universe. Disney found a new formula to print out money. These are amazing achievements. Thank you Tony Stark.

#4676 2 years ago

sorry , my bad
I knew it was something I had worked on, it is from LOTR shooterlane

#4677 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think it was poo-pooed because it has a wide open playfield, and a return to lightweight ramps, one of which is just a repurposed ramp from Austin Powers

#4678 2 years ago

Will there be a code update since new machines are being produced?

#4679 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I think it was poo-pooed because it has a wide open playfield, and a return to lightweight ramps, one of which is just a repurposed ramp from Austin Powers

It was also shit on because it was one of the first games to use pegs as opposed to traditional service rails.
The game is incredibly good. Add the color dmd and it’s one of the best.

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It was also shit on because it was one of the first games to use pegs as opposed to traditional service rails.
The game is incredibly good. Add the color dmd and it’s one of the best.

I bought mine nib in 2010. It had pegs. You had to create lighted figures. I also added service rails among much more. Longest in my collection.

#4681 2 years ago

Also, in that 11 years, has never broken.

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I bought mine nib in 2010. It had pegs. You had to create lighted figures. I also added service rails among much more. Longest in my collection.

mine is an early production model
Whiplash did not come with his whips

#4683 2 years ago

Why did Stern release the amount of machines made for every run with IM?

#4684 2 years ago

All the flash lamps on my original release Ironman have stopped working
the fuse is still good
any suggestions?

#4685 2 years ago

If they don’t work in test mode, most likely transistors.Run them in test mode, first.

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If they don’t work in test mode, most likely transistors. Run them in test mode, first.

thanks, but I have now fixed the problem

I had installed LEDs in some of the flasher positions, I removed them and the remaining incandescent lamps worked fine

maybe a LED bulb had shorted?

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Will there be a code update since new machines are being produced?

considering that last code touches on this pin were made by Lyman
on his free time home
now he's gone from STERN
well...

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

my original run Ironman is for sale

#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Its crazy that I got mine a few months back and these were sitting at Stern waiting for buyers. Now there seems to be a lot more interest but its likely all games not just this one.

#4690 2 years ago

Hey Everyone, Good news is that I'm in the club! Yay! Bad news is that I quickly realized that this was the fastest playing Iron Man ever. Turns out someone put in stronger flipper coils. Boooooo. More work for me.

The Whiplash plastic is cracked because of this. Is there anyone that makes just this specific plastic replacement?

Thanks!

#4691 2 years ago

Also interested in Hooked pop bumper caps!

#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Hey Everyone, Good news is that I'm in the club! Yay! Bad news is that I quickly realized that this was the fastest playing Iron Man ever. Turns out someone put in stronger flipper coils. Boooooo. More work for me.
The Whiplash plastic is cracked because of this. Is there anyone that makes just this specific plastic replacement?
Thanks!

Welcome! What version IM did you get?

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Hey Everyone, Good news is that I'm in the guy club! Yay! Bad news is that I quickly realized that this was the fastest playing Iron Man ever. Turns out someone put in stronger flipper coils. Boooooo. More work for me.
Thanks!

I have been looking for that plastic for years. Never seen one available. Luckily, I saw mine break and got the piece before it was gone. Super glue time, still holding.

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Welcome! What version IM did you get?

The original 2010 run. I figured I would save some cash over the current prices on the VE.

#4695 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

The original 2010 run. I figured I would save some cash over the current prices on the VE.

The longest lasting in my collection. Bought nib in 2010. It has never broken.

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

The longest lasting in my collection. Bought nib in 2010. It has never broken.

1st run VE - owned 5yrs - never had a single issue.

#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Thanks!

Anyone who makes plastic protectors stateside should be able to cut you a new plastic.

#4700 2 years ago

The one I have been searching for is the plastic below whiplash, has a rubber on it. I even had on protectors, broken at the screw. It’s got a rubber and goes above his 2 targets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 5,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.