(Topic ID: 88610)

Iron Man Club: Adrenaline Junkies Welcome!

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,016 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240329_142221 (resized).jpg
20240329_144709 (resized).jpg
20240329_144719 (resized).jpg
IMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
IMB_fW5sie.gif
IMB_LZkXy7.gif
IMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1268 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 040548 (resized).png
20240120_165323 (resized).jpg
IMG_4128.jpeg
IMG_4157.jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
thumbnail33 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7767911_0 (resized).jpg
There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 101.
#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Hooked on pinball has agreed to do a special run of 10 sets reactor pop bumper caps. Tilted81 and myself make 2. We need 8 more. Price $119 for the set. Will post a pic of them shortly. Who’s in?

These are sweet. I have them in my game already. Highly recommend.

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

These are sweet. I have them in my game already. Highly recommend.

Agreed -- well worth it!

#4604 2 years ago

Let’s go guys..reactor pops

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4605 2 years ago

Ooops

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4606 2 years ago
#4607 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I would like to see the pics.

Same here, and if solid Id be in.

#4608 2 years ago

Thanks Kawydud for the link! And here is a pic..

26D9EF28-340E-4F96-859B-8AEAC4E39039 (resized).jpeg26D9EF28-340E-4F96-859B-8AEAC4E39039 (resized).jpeg
#4609 2 years ago

If Alaskanzen is in, we have 3. Need 7 more to make it worthwhile for Hooked on Pinball to make a run of 10 sets of these sold out pop caps. $119 for the set. Who’s in?

#4610 2 years ago

I will take a set.

#4611 2 years ago

insight in for a set. Need 6 more. Life is too short to have crappy pop caps. Iron man deserves better! Let’s go!

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

insight in for a set. Need 6 more. Life is too short to have crappy pop caps. Iron man deserves better! Let’s go!

Add me for 1 set please.

#4613 2 years ago

HOOKED Pop caps are an absolute must!

He makes a bunch for different games and they are all must haves! But the Ironman ones are particularly nice and some of his best

#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Stock pop caps are horrible. Please count me in for a set (have mail address in USA)

#4615 2 years ago

I am in for a set

#4616 2 years ago

Sweet! That makes 7. Need 3 more for Hooked to make a limited 10 set run. Who else? Thanks guys!

#4617 2 years ago

These are a must have imo. It was a no brainer joining the list. Let’s get this done!!

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Sweet! That makes 7. Need 3 more for Hooked to make a limited 10 set run. Who else? Thanks guys!

I need to replace a bulb in there anyway. Sign me up. I have the Deadpool ones and those are awesome too.

#4619 2 years ago

Good deal. We have 8. Just 2 more to get it done for the special run reactor pop caps retired last year. $119 for a set of 3.

6448960D-A7DC-41CC-BB47-411FA5E3E47D (resized).jpeg6448960D-A7DC-41CC-BB47-411FA5E3E47D (resized).jpeg
#4620 2 years ago

Blundering Into D.O.D.M.

I'm not very good at IM. I rarely even get the Iron Monger Super and I've certainly never been to Jericho MB.
Today though I started Whiplash and then quickly started War Machine and before I knew it I had all the MB inserts strobing and a timer began counting down to start the mythical Do-or-Die Multiball at the center spinner. I couldn't believe it! I watched the great Karl DeAngelo reach/beat DODM on one his early streams (before he was famous) and I always knew it was the highest wizard mode of the game. How on earth was I poised to reach it with less than 15M points?
I've always loved the explosive energy of IM. A lot of that is attributable to the War Machine kickback. The light show though is top notch and so is the sound package. Really great stuff!
Of course, I failed to start DODM as I couldn't hit the center spinner before the hurry-up expired.
No surprise there! Congrats to all of you owners who have done it!

#4621 2 years ago

such a brutal and fun game! if you were at 15 M you were not at final wizard mode do or die multi ball but at the do or die mode you get for lighting all the characters, hitting the center spinner gives you 35 M(50 M on old code).

to get to do or die multi ball you have to COMPLETE all 5 character modes, they will flash when completed and will stay flashing on the next ball when you drain.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Hooked on pinball has agreed to do a special run of 10 sets reactor pop bumper caps. Tilted81 and myself make 2. We need 8 more. Price $119 for the set. Will post a pic of them shortly. Who’s in?

I'm keen for a set.

#4623 2 years ago

Nice! Need just 1 more to get the order placed.

#4624 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

to start the mythical Do-or-Die Multiball at the center spinner.

as said above already, it was blinking slowly (for sure), than it was not the DODM, simply impossible while scoring 15M
played 1 hour on mine yesterday, with mainly "poor/average" games, while also got 2 nice with 134M and than 132M, and i was not even close to the final wizard (could have been but not)

BTW, Jericho is NOT a multiball

#4625 2 years ago

Almost there guys. Just need 1 more commit for Hooked to make a 10 set special run of his reactor pop caps. $119 per set. You’ll be glad you did. They are awesome!

1F0E99E8-9F0C-4750-8E3D-EB3998EEC3BD (resized).jpeg1F0E99E8-9F0C-4750-8E3D-EB3998EEC3BD (resized).jpeg
#4626 2 years ago

Only need 1 more commit for the reactor pop bumper caps retired last yr from Hooked on Pinball. Who’s in for the last spot?

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

to get to do or die multi ball you have to COMPLETE all 5 character modes, they will flash when completed and will stay flashing on the next ball when you drain.

In this game all five character modes were strobing(throbbing?) and the display read "Do-or-Die Multiball Lit at Center Spinner." A hurry-up counted down but I failed to hit the spinner before it expired.

#4628 2 years ago

It is very common for people to confuse the Do or Die hurry-up with the Do or Die Multiball.

Don’t fret it… others have made the same mistake.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Only need 1 more commit for the reactor pop bumper caps retired last yr from Hooked on Pinball. Who’s in for the last spot?

I'm interested. Is a complete disassembly of the bumpers required to install?

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

It is very common for people to confuse the Do or Die hurry-up with the Do or Die Multiball.
Don’t fret it… others have made the same mistake.

Gosh. I'm sorry. Rookie blunder! Do you need to qualify all the character modes to reach the hurry-up?

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'm interested. Is a complete disassembly of the bumpers required to install?

No, just the caps come off, but getting to the one under the ramp requires one to lift up the right ramp in order to get to the pop bumper cap

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

No, just the caps come off, but getting to the one under the ramp requires one to lift up the right ramp in order to get to the pop bumper cap

Thanks PinRob . Ok, please count me in for the 10th slot.

#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Gosh. I'm sorry. Rookie blunder! Do you need to qualify all the character modes to reach the hurry-up?

Yes, you need to start all the character modes but not necessarily complete them to get the hurry-up. To get DoD Multiball, you have to complete them by achieving the super jackpot for each or for some just do multiple things… like collect all drone Targets 4 times, or complete all 3 Iron Man modes.

#4634 2 years ago

Thanks all! List completed. Sending to Hooked tonight. Stay tuned…

#4635 2 years ago

Hi guys! Sometimes i make video tutorials about rules on pinballs, i am finished tutorial for Iron Man. It's basically made for Russian audience, but you can turn on english subtitles. If you lazy to explain rules to your friend, show him this video. Also i finished few other pinball tutorials, you can find them on YT channel.
1st part:

2nd part:

#4636 2 years ago

New start button

1EB2701A-EBB1-48C1-B007-CEEF8F8C9F3F (resized).jpeg1EB2701A-EBB1-48C1-B007-CEEF8F8C9F3F (resized).jpeg
#4637 2 years ago

Powder coat looks awesome. Think I’m getting the start button as well.

#4638 2 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Hi guys! Sometimes i make video tutorials about rules on pinballs, i am finished tutorial for Iron Man. It's basically made for Russian audience, but you can turn on english subtitles. If you lazy to explain rules to your friend, show him this video. Also i finished few other pinball tutorials, you can find them on YT channel.
1st part:
2nd part:

Great video. Nice to see you have these machines in Russia. Must not be very many in that country.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

New start button[quoted image]

Yeah what colour is your powder? Stunning!

#4640 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah what colour is your powder? Stunning!

Was told it was a custom mix

#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Thanks all! List completed. Sending to Hooked tonight. Stay tuned…

This is great news!! Last call anyone?!?!? I’m sure he’d pop off a couple more….

#4642 2 years ago

Yes, let me know ASAP. He’s getting with the castor now. Sounds like this will be a final final run.

1 week later
#4643 2 years ago

Blinged out the standard black plastic apron today for gold

656A6FEE-BAFA-4A05-9046-4C9E637E5E30 (resized).jpeg656A6FEE-BAFA-4A05-9046-4C9E637E5E30 (resized).jpeg
#4644 2 years ago

Very nice!

#4645 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Blinged out the standard black plastic apron today for gold
[quoted image]

That looks good! What sort of paint did you use?

#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Yes, let me know ASAP. He’s getting with the castor now. Sounds like this will be a final final run.

Any updates on the pop bumpers?

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That looks good! What sort of paint did you use?

Not a paint, it’s was already made with a Vacuum Metalized Gold finish on it. Bought it from another Pinsider, don’t know where they got it from.

#4648 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:Any updates on the pop bumpers?

Sent pm to Hooked tonight. Waiting on response. Hopefully, will have an update soon.

#4649 2 years ago

Heard back from Hooked. He will fill the order just not sure exactly when at this point. Tough getting materials, etc, and it’s backing up his other projects. Stay tuned…

1 week later
#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Heard back from Hooked. He will fill the order just not sure exactly when at this point. Tough getting materials, etc, and it’s backing up his other projects. Stay tuned…

Is it too late to get in on this deal? I don’t have my machine yet but I definitely want these caps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 5,016 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-owners-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.